• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
btw min 19-20 is a bad day for a lock in since it's anime weekend atlanta....

ryzol, are you going to AWA?

Purple

Hi guys!
Okay. So that's one dude. I need more dudes to come to my house and play Melee. I have...like, coffee and stuff.
coffee would help me hardcore :3. i'm sorry but i don't check waba thread anymore, we need to set something up later on in the week. What are you doing this week?

1: Glasses Loli ($25.00) - SleepyK
2: Shy Loli ($5.00) - Dashdancedan
3: Clumsy Loli - Tubes
4: Blue Haired Loli - Iamblu3
5: Loli Loli - Kumo
5: Transfer Student Loli - Ryzol
7: Track Girl Loli - Bill Baggins
i should've came in with my burd Dx

Saltix

Smash Lord
I just came into acquisition of an ipod touch;
I'm sad to say it has had some water (tea) damage however.
Can does anyone have connections to a cheap fix for it? I'm looking at about $70 right now :(

Also on topic; I might be going to the 24hour waba party

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I left my blue zip-up hoodie at waba last week at TO5, has anybody seen it?

Thanks in advance.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
coffee would help me hardcore :3. i'm sorry but i don't check waba thread anymore, we need to set something up later on in the week. What are you doing this week?
I'm free all week. You can swing by whenever, and I'll have coffee. I honestly was thinking about starting something on the regular...you know, some stupid gimmick centering around Melee and coffee. I know that's a rather ambitious prospect for a scrub like me, but...um....I really, really like this community. ^_^;

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i think i bet someone's falco with roy at to5 friends

i dont remember tho

unfortunately id need some logical fallacy to then say i was good

obv

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I left my blue zip-up hoodie at waba last week at TO5, has anybody seen it?

Thanks in advance.

SleepyK

AWA is anime weekend atlanta. it's the big anime convention.

will, that's your hoodie? i can mail it to you if you want.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Sleepy he asked if ya wanted to go lol. =V

or are you saying:

1. "well obv imma going its animu time"

2. "wtf its anime why would i meet real ppl who leik lolis when i can communicate with them via chat obv"

SleepyK

oh, i was posting for ryzol.
i'm going! i've been an attendee for 4-5 years now.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I'm going too. As well as entering the scrub brawl tourney they usually have. Or are they going to have a legit one this time? It'll be my first time going but i've been hearing that last year's tournament was really weird.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I'm going too. As well as entering the scrub brawl tourney they usually have. Or are they going to have a legit one this time? It'll be my first time going but i've been hearing that last year's tournament was really weird.
Last year tourney was like, items on low and single elimination and stuff.

This year i think the only change is mk is banned or something.

SleepyK

it's standard rules with some weird stages (i think) and mk is banned.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
AWA is anime weekend atlanta. it's the big anime convention.

will, that's your hoodie? i can mail it to you if you want.
Sweet, you have it? And no, I don't want to make you pay anything, I'll find an excuse to go to atl sometime later. Maybe AWA cause some AL folks are going. Thanks very much though.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I dont have a wii @ all lol
I havent played Melee in like years yea years lol
i need some refreshing I hope waba will help

VietGeek

Smash Hero
That's why your Doc misses 4616161 L-cancels and sets up Roy's "combos."

Walk > watch Doc spotdodge > Fsmash > look at each other funny > you shake your head in disgust > Roy does a frame perfect waveland for lulz > Loop

mirite? =V

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I rarely do optimal wavedashes with most characters because I'm used to having a frame 8 jump animation.

Poor Bowser. :(

Waba

Smash Apprentice
I know this is AWA weekend, but I hope some of you guys will still be able to come out for the lock-in event at WaBa. I'm turning 38, but can party like I'm 18 still:chuckle:

WaBa is a dream come true for me. I am doing what I love to do, but unfortunately, WaBa doesn't make any profit. Over three years of paying out of my pocket and taking out multiple loans to keep WaBa open has taken it's toll on me and my family.

Some of you know, I have been looking into starting a restaurant in GA the past year. I have come across a space in Conyers, GA that looks promising for my new venture. Totally funded by multiple credit cards and various small loans, I am about to risk everything once again as I did for WaBa. If everything goes the way it should for Conyers, the restaurant will be open by the end of this October! Just got the lease last week and been working out details for a few weeks now. Much of my focus will turn to the new restaurant leaving me with much less time in running WaBa GaMe.

What will happen to WaBa? That is the question atm...but I would like to put out a proposal to the community. I envision WaBa being a true community gaming center. Run by the community for the community. I am looking for volunteers and/or some cases paid help to run events and/or WaBa itself. The vision is to create a committee made up of 15 to 20 members of the gaming/dancing communities at WaBa from the ATL/Duluth area. The committee will make decisions on when and what events are held at WaBa, along with advertising and running the events themselves.

If you think you can be a positive asset to this vision and would like to get involved, please contact me with your name, #, address, what games you play, and whatever other info you want to give me. My email is wabagames@yahoo.com , facebook me, or PM me. I will contact you before this Friday. We will be meeting this Friday to talk about the 'Vision' of WaBa's Future with details and play games as well!

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Wow.....Good Luck Miin. Maybe after tourneys we could stop buy your restaurant sometime lol.

i will surely think about your offer of joining this committee.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
hmmm...interesting idea for waba here. i think i could easily set up big events if we formed a committee thing like that. regardless, hope your restaurant does well.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Wow.....Good Luck Miin. Maybe after tourneys we could stop buy your restaurant sometime lol.

i will surely think about your offer of joining this committee.
i was thinking the same thing. What type of restaurant are you planning on running?

How about a nice big ol' brawl/melee tournament sometime in November or December, the longer it is the more hyped it is..

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if I would be cut out for a position on a Waba game committee, but I would definitely want to help any way I could if one was started. I'm going to AWA this weekend, but I'm going to make the drive down there for sure next Saturday.

Top Bottom