• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Do we have SC2 and NcoN tournies here?
(Soul Calibur 2 & Naruto clash of Ninja)
Because I know we have other combo breaker tournies here as well. Idk if thats like blazblue or SF4

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Spank you, Helpy Helperton.
Specifically it's the canceling of the start-up animation of Bowser's Fire Breath, which was later patched in re-release v1.2 (but not 1.1?) and PAL by landing with the move within a specific time range.

It's awfully convenient that you asked this around the time certain fans of the "project Rayku pokes fun at but still plays anyway even though he says there's no reason to invest in it because it's not worth the effort/Jamaal says all these combos in it are dumb but then he sees Dr. Pee Pee doing ****ing Falco dash attack and then he's like: 'Dayum Melee so dumb'."

I should totally put that on a box art.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Waba is NOT closing...it is changing to a committee run format made up of the gaming communities around Duluth/ATL area. Community working to grow itself, with members who can mentor new gamers in the community and elevate the existing community. Lot of people stand back and complain about GA this and GA players that, but only a few invest themselves in solving and moving the scene towards a positive direction. This is your chance to get involved and make a difference! If you think you can be a responsible role model to the community, please help us accomplish our 'vision'.

Contact me by PM, email wabagames@yahoo.com, or store #6787079529. We will meet this week to talk about the details and hang out/play games after the meeting. If you contact me with interest in being involved or just want to come check out the meeting, I'll answer any questions you may have for me. Thanks in advance.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I love Soul Calibur II. A lot. I'll play that game all day with people.

Brawl+ does have stupid combos. Ike should not be able to land an Fsmash in a combo, ever

tubes

Smash Ace
I love Soul Calibur II. A lot. I'll play that game all day with people.

Brawl+ does have stupid combos. Ike should not be able to land an Fsmash in a combo, ever
Does Ike have many long lasting combos? Because comboing the **** outta people with Ike is the only reason I have for playing Brawl+.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Oh you mean dair to fsmash?

Well I wonder why that works...let's look back at other interesting sh*t:

Frame Data:

Ike Fsmash: Hit: 30-34 (Source)

Melee Ganon Utilt: Hit: 81-83 (Source)

Don't worry though Rayku, we'll try to make the **** Barlw engine work better, harder, etc.

tubes

Smash Ace
my fav part is how it says

2 consecutive hits

49% damage
Magus must have inserted that image into Viet's post in order to correct it. How else would Viet completely miss this?

Although I would have questioned that info before posting as how many attacks in smash history do you know of that honestly do 50+ damage?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Me saying the same thing I've said before, but I think Rayku can't read so I felt like repeating myself
Seriously, dude, I understand that Ganon's D-air has a lot of hitstun in Melee. There are a few moves like that, but not -nearly- as many as there are in Brawl+. Squirtle can u-throw to u-air until about 100%, and u-air kills at that percent. Lucario can do the same.

Captain Falcon can do half of his moveset to combo into knee, which kills (with proper DI) at around 90%

Ganondorf's F-air kills even earlier than it does in Melee (don't listen to what BigLou/BBQ say). Character just jump slower than they do in Melee, so it's not as deadly, per se

Overall, Brawl+ has Bread n' Butter combos that are extremely effective and can guarantee deaths most of the time.

Yes, I'm ragging on Brawl+. I do enjoy playing it more than Brawl, because I actually have to worry about getting hit, and my hits are more effective because they combo into stuff. Particularly Ike's Fsmash

Ike, though, has 2-hit combos at best, which is why I think he'll forever be bad :/ They just have a lot of knockback and damage output, so 3 2-hit combos are deadly.

Player-3

Smash Hero
btw viet
you going to the monthly on the 26th?

i wasnt going to show but i got plan cancelled so i wanna play some b+

rayku you obviously havent seen my stupid captain falcon combo strings in b+

ive done some pretty ******** things to albys d3

then got ***** by his mk cuz i dont tech, because teching is for yella bellys

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Brawl plus is borda broken

can be fixed though which is why theres all these revisons

I find it MUCH easier to play then brawl though, because i don't to worry bout reading anyone once i get a combo started

Player-3

Smash Hero
weegee in brawl+ is silly lol

its like

nair
utilt utilt
uair uair uair
bair
read the tech on the platform
jab grab
d throw
SHORYUKEN

BigLøu

Smash Lord
weegee in brawl+ is silly lol

its like

nair
utilt utilt
uair uair uair
bair
read the tech on the platform
jab grab
d throw
SHORYUKEN
Yea stupid stuff like that

imo the best way to fix it is to lower the hitstun be a considerable amount, so that its much harder (but still possible) to string combos together. The way movesets work in brawl and the air physics let you stay in the air too long which is why absurd combos happen.

Lucario for instance can just like fair you across the stage then u air u a bunch.

They need to make moves laggier or lower hitstun by a lot.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
rayku you obviously havent seen my stupid captain falcon combo strings in b+

ive done some pretty ******** things to albys d3
Hmm, I might.

Alby can't even L-cancel, let's use him as combo fodder for any game we play. <_<

You're going to die.
I don't recall being swaggered in the process.

And yeah Rayku, you're right, but a lot of the dumber combos are based off of how the engine dampens the meteor hit, but applies the equivalent number of stun as it would offstage.

What this does is produce an incredible amount of hitstun in the mid to high percents.

But, we are considering to rehaul the game after the next build. The next build will stay around until we think we can put out something decent in terms of gameplay revisions; since some of the values and stuff we have is from 2008 when we couldn't even fit more than 256 lines of code into a .gct.

Also if we considerably lower hitstun, characters with crummier movesets will have to be given compensation somehow. Usually this causes them to look stupidly strong somehow *looks at certain Balanced Brawl changes*. <_<

I find it MUCH easier to play then brawl though, because i don't to worry bout reading anyone once i get a combo started
I think anyone can say that about any game with combos. Even if defensive options are strong (BlazBlue), it's still vastly a lot of limited options all tilted to the attacker's favor. Fighting games since the introduction of the "combo" has been indeed positional advantages and options like Brawl, but all of that is rewarded with an extreme tilt to the person who seized the first hit, unlike Brawl.

also it's cuz you plays a game char with combos in barlw wtfhax

tubes

Smash Ace
Seriously, dude, I understand that Ganon's D-air has a lot of hitstun in Melee. There are a few moves like that, but not -nearly- as many as there are in Brawl+. Squirtle can u-throw to u-air until about 100%, and u-air kills at that percent. Lucario can do the same.

Captain Falcon can do half of his moveset to combo into knee, which kills (with proper DI) at around 90%

Ganondorf's F-air kills even earlier than it does in Melee (don't listen to what BigLou/BBQ say). Character just jump slower than they do in Melee, so it's not as deadly, per se

Overall, Brawl+ has Bread n' Butter combos that are extremely effective and can guarantee deaths most of the time.

Yes, I'm ragging on Brawl+. I do enjoy playing it more than Brawl, because I actually have to worry about getting hit, and my hits are more effective because they combo into stuff. Particularly Ike's Fsmash

Ike, though, has 2-hit combos at best, which is why I think he'll forever be bad :/ They just have a lot of knockback and damage output, so 3 2-hit combos are deadly.
The Dream! It has been crushed!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
sounds like b+ is just a missing step between ssb64 and melee.

in other words

SUX

VietGeek

Smash Hero
tubes just get a dair in and it'll be okay

cuz smash engine is hella whack

sounds like b+ is just a missing step between ssb64 and melee.

in other words

SUX
this would lead one to believe barlw precedes all

in other words

SUX

Player-3

Smash Hero
I love B+ D3. Dairs all day.
oh sure
now you listen to me

i told you that a long time ago

"oh i know how to play my character gtfo p3"

-watches alby get 4 stocked by vietg-

-facepalm-

also alby
if you wanna get l cancelling down do what i do

look at it as teching your aerials
it works

Waba

Smash Apprentice
We were going to try to meet on Friday night concerning the Waba committee, but AWA may conflict with some people. So, can people come out to Waba this Thursday night around 5pm for the meeting. We will be hanging out and playing games after the meeting. Please let me know if you are coming. Thanks to all for your support and let's get the GA community HYPED!

If you can't make the meeting and would still like to get involved, contact me and I'll catch you up on things and move forward from there.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
oh, so $3 mm then?

kay

then ill use you in unethical barlw+ experiments for my own pleasures.

fufufufufu~ pride match

VietGeek

Smash Hero
lmao leik high schoolers could really consistently (read dyno <_<) help out anyway =P

next monthly I'll probably have to ask whoever is in charge of brackets to give me the .tio files so I can upload results to All is Brawl.

Top Bottom