• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

tubes

Smash Ace
I don't give a **** about post counts anyway but yea this shouldn't be in the social section even though it basically is a social thread.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
really it's not an issue of post count. please move this back and we'll make a social GA thread.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
really it's not an issue of post count. please move this back and we'll make a social GA thread.
i like this idea.

I think everyone who mods atl south and everyone who frequents this thread knows that waba has a great relationship with the smash community. this thread serves very non-social functions in that it attracts new players, announces the weekly tournaments, helps people get rides, keeps everyone informed. but please do not fill the thread with random social discussion because then it defeats the purpose of keeping it out of the gentlemen's club. so you are all free to make a GA social thread, and you are all free to communicate with each other in the waba thread, just keep it about the tournament and who is going to be there and who wants MMs and who is going to win or get wrecked and waba wont be derailed.

edit: just to say, this was probably the easiest decision i have had to make in a long time. people disagreed in a mature manner (who is the real nutsack, TOM??) and came up with a mondo cool solution.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey, for the melee tournaments, which characters are usually seen there? If I start going to Melee tournaments I'd like to use a different character to add in some variation.

So...*hopefully this weekend*

MM with BBQ and Zomb on RC.
MM with fullmetal with no bananas
PT battle with Dyno.

need more RC money matches
I'm not going to any smash-related events until after May 6th. I have other priorities until then.

now that this is in the social room..

whos gona be at waba this sat? im most likely gonna be there

and **** some races with captain falcon in barlwlraw
I lol'd.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Hey, for the melee tournaments, which characters are usually seen there? If I start going to Melee tournaments I'd like to use a different character to add in some variation.

I'm not going to any smash-related events until after May 6th. I have other priorities until then.

I lol'd.
you just wait

im gonna falcon punch your g&w in his little flat face

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Could someone explain a few things to me?

1.)Stage Striking/CPing. Also banning stages.
2.)How matchups are determined.
3.)How to counter an IC chaingrabber.
4.)How a set should go.

If someone would, I'd be forever grateful, XD.

T3h Albino

Smash Master

3.)How to counter an IC chaingraber.
4.)How a set should go.

i know the ic matchup inside and out with dedede ;3

Laijin

Smash Hero
If you don't pick any of the, like. top 6 or 7 characters in the game(really top 4 characters), you lose.
So **** variety.
This is even more apparent in brawl, as you may know.

Saltix

Smash Lord

3.)How to counter an IC chaingrabber.
4.)How a set should go.

For #s 1 and 4, taken out of the OP:
Starter stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter pick stages
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Banned stages
(All custom stages)
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

# 2, not EXACTLY SURE, but i believe it is how a character does against another in a tournament setting at the highest level of play.

#3, Honestly, don't get grabbed. Counterpick a character, split them up, mash buttons QUICKLY to break free, but above all, don't get grabbed.

Will the upcoming Waba be your first tourney?

i know the ic matchup inside and out with dedede ;3
I do too.
1. Watch D3 get grabbed
2. Watch your stocks disappear
3. Return to CSS.
4. Repeat.
;)
If you don't pick any of the, like. top 6 or 7 characters in the game(really top 4 characters), you lose.
So **** variety.
Same with brawl. If it ain't MK, you aint winnin :/

LOL

T3h Albino

Smash Master
For #s 1 and 4, taken out of the OP:
Starter stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter pick stages
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Banned stages
(All custom stages)
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

# 2, not EXACTLY SURE, but i believe it is how a character does against another in a tournament setting at the highest level of play.

#3, Honestly, don't get grabbed. Counterpick a character, split them up, mash buttons QUICKLY to break free, but above all, don't get grabbed.

Will the upcoming Waba be your first tourney?

I do too.
1. Watch D3 get grabbed
2. Watch your stocks disappear
3. Return to CSS.
4. Repeat.
;)

LOL
heh no lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
how to avoid ice climbers

play diddy
press down b
throw the objects at them
dash attack
rinse and repeat

BBQ°

Smash Champion
So **** variety.
Well, right now I'm best with Marth, but I don't want to use him if 15 out of the 20 there also use Marth (hypothetical numbers). And as you may now, there can still be top/high tier characters that are underused in (GA) tournaments. For example, in other tournaments you see a whole lotta space animals and marth, but maybe not as many Sheik players. If that was the case in GA, then I would probably main sheik.

Basically it would be really helpful if someone posted a list of regular tournament goers with their respective main(s).

All I know is that Fullmetal uses Marth and sometimes Fox, Dogy uses Doc, GAWes and Tubes use Falcon, and Chaddd uses Ganon. And I can't remember other people atm.

LOL
heh yeah. At least in GA for Brawl we have really good variety.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
How to beat Ice Climbers -

1. pick MK
2. get a % advantage
3. ledgecamp the rest of the match

Player-3

Smash Hero
Well, right now I'm best with Marth, but I don't want to use him if 15 out of the 20 there also use Marth (hypothetical numbers). And as you may now, there can still be top/high tier chaacters that are underused in GA tournaments. For example, in other tournaments you see a whole lotta space animals and marth, but maybe not as many Sheik players. If that was the case in GA, then I would probably main sheik.

Basically it would be really helpful if someone posted a list of regular tournament goers with their respective main(s).

All I know is that Fullmetal uses Marth and sometimes Fox, Dogy uses Doc, GAWes and Tubes use Falcon, and Chaddd uses Ganon. And I can't remember other people atm.

heh yeah. At least in GA for Brawl we have really good variety.
captain falcon is all the variety you need

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
sure, the entire controller would be fine.
dyno
just custom detail paint without solid paint?

or a graphic insert?

imo just custom w/o solid paint would run like $15 for labor and acrylics.

graphic insert would also be around $10 but I'm not entirely sure how i'd do that without painting it a solid color first.
u comming on the 2nd?

The neutral stages are fine. If anything, I support Lylat Cruise being added as a neutral, nothing being taken. You're just biased because you don't like that stage, Dyno.
its true, i dont like yoshi's but cmon the ghost that saves at random times... the uneven stage. the poorly placed disfigured platform that stops all air aproaches..

same sleepy
lololo

Captain Nazi.. lul

I DEMAND IF DYNO IS THERE HE GETS THE SPACE GHOST CAPTAIN FALCON TEXTURE HACK
i dont like using texture hacks in toruny play
1) it messes up teams
2) people will john
3) then i have to boot my wii with no hacks
4) tripping
5) i cant record

Player-3

Smash Hero
u comming on the 2nd?

its true, i dont like yoshi's but cmon the ghost that saves at random times... the uneven stage. the poorly placed disfigured platform that stops all air aproaches..

i dont like using texture hacks in toruny play
1) it messes up teams
2) people will john
3) then i have to boot my wii with no hacks
4) tripping
5) i cant record

friendlies? D:

tubes

Smash Ace
So my brother might come this time. Can I get confirmation that their will be more then 4 people for melee so I can be sure his first tournament experience isn't getting 4 stocked by the same 2 dudes for 6 hours strait? I mean I'm perfectly fine with that cuz I go to these tourneys to learn **** but he hasn't quite developed that level of interest yet.

Player-1

Smash Legend
So my brother might come this time. Can I get confirmation that their will be more then 4 people for melee so I can be sure his first tournament experience isn't getting 4 stocked by the same 2 dudes for 6 hours strait? I mean I'm perfectly fine with that cuz I go to these tourneys to learn **** but he hasn't quite developed that level of interest yet.
If I get money for placing top 5 in brawl then I might enter to get ***** >.<

Saltix

Smash Lord
If I get money for placing top 5 in brawl then I might enter to get ***** >.<
I cannot allow you to place to 5 and then put your money in the melee pot.
I must defeat you and fufill my own selfish desires!

Also, I don't think there is a top 5 split on weeklies. just on the monthlies

tubes

Smash Ace

I thought the weeklies replaced monthlies. Are there still monthlies and if so what makes them monthlies and not just a weekly that happens once a month?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I will be playing some melee after the brawl tournament and after my money matches. im not good tho, so he wont be getting 4 stocked.. if anything i will. seriously.. i wana try playing melee against PEOPLE and not jab locking CPUS.

They dont have monthlies anymore everything is $5 entry and they are not going to do 4-5th pot. well i asked min and he said that it would be pointless with "this many people" and only like 25 people showed last tourny so im guessing that if they were to do 4-5th get some moonies, then it would be if like 50 people come to a $5 entery tourny.. if not then.. lets work hard to beat Calvin, Lou, and Lounis..

OH WAIT!!! they arent gona be there this sat.. show up and claim your spot for free moonies while it lasts.. (seriously who is comming, i am aloud to go, but im having some doubts about it, thinking no one is going to show :( CMON GUYS!! THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO RANK TOP 3 DESU MIGHT OVERSLEEP.. AGAIN, AND LOU I GOING TO LIKE A STRIP CLUB..

Player-1

Smash Legend
I will be playing some melee after the brawl tournament and after my money matches. im not good tho, so he wont be getting 4 stocked.. if anything i will. seriously.. i wana try playing melee against PEOPLE and not jab locking CPUS.

They dont have monthlies anymore everything is $5 entry and they are not going to do 4-5th pot. well i asked min and he said that it would be pointless with "this many people" and only like 25 people showed last tourny so im guessing that if they were to do 4-5th get some moonies, then it would be if like 50 people come to a $5 entery tourny.. if not then.. lets work hard to beat Calvin, Lou, and Lounis..

OH WAIT!!! they arent gona be there this sat.. show up and claim your spot for free moonies while it lasts.. (seriously who is comming, i am aloud to go, but im having some doubts about it, thinking no one is going to show :( CMON GUYS!! THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO RANK TOP 3 DESU MIGHT OVERSLEEP.. AGAIN, AND LOU I GOING TO LIKE A STRIP CLUB..
Well I'm going, but I'm not on the PR anymore so the kryptonite will leave me helpless for Dr. Doom to **** me.

I really think if we have weeklies for it to be 1st-3rd: 70-20-10, except on the 3rd saturday of the month and have it 1st-5th: 60-20-10-5-2.5-2.5 (or 5-5 if 5th place wants to battle it out). 3rd Saturday should still be the big one that everyone should try to come to if they can't come to any of the other ones

Top Bottom