• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Presents: The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out, June 7th & 8th!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lol, i like how playing intelligently and not rushing in recklessly is bad and considered like "Brawl". MvC2 depends HEAVILY on how you defend to survive. same with GG, and in GG, some characters are very defense oriented(i.e. Baiken or Testament). in AH, you can't rush a lot, either, especially depending on the matchup. also, in 3s, chun-li is very good offensively, and Q HAS to approach with caution or he'll lose. silly melee players need to learn that fighting games consist of offense AND defense. this is one reason i abhor the smash community.
qft

really any competitive versus game, fighting or otherwise, is the same way. you have to play cautiously to find openings and then learn the best way to pull off kills or whatever your objective is.

Brawl is just a game that removed all the crazy OMGZ 0-DEATH K-K-KOMBOS
so defense plays a bigger role. But the best Brawl players know how to maximize offensive manuevers as well.

i never understood the whole "brawl is campy" argument. all games are campy

even melee

BrawlRoolz

Smash Cadet
The one called Lamchops will own this tourney.

A wiseman once said "a snake prowls feircly, but cannot scratch its back".

Edit:Nvm this Melee.

**** that ****.

Melee suxorz!!!

BRAWLROOLZ AAF

<3 Brawl.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
if anyone could house DoH, Xelic, Wobbles, Caveman, and myself for the night of the 6th and the night of the 8th, we'd be eternally greatful! we are driving, so we wont need rides or anything. please?? <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 333333333333333333333333333333

Gerbil

Smash Champion
i might go.

maybe.

I need a ride/carpooling/housing/the works.

Some one give me info or help me out?

-Hungrybox
Housing is provided Friday and Saturday, and I believe Sunday. You might want to PM Prac 'cause I'm not too sure how often he checks the thread here in the South.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
if anyone could house DoH, Xelic, Wobbles, Caveman, and myself for the night of the 6th and the night of the 8th, we'd be eternally greatful! we are driving, so we wont need rides or anything. please?? <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 333333333333333333333333333333
bump* i'll make cookies for whoever houses us!! :) cmon!!

S0FT

Smash Ace
I might be able to house you. Ill found out tomorrow. Im 49 minutes away from the venue though, is that a problem?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
im gonna talk to the Guy housing JMOAN and myself. i would LOVE to play with Wobbles and the rest of you guys.

Oh and cause you are a Chick /flexes off my internetz musclez

jk

maybe

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Well, I plan to go, but I have some things to figure out before I buy my plane tickets. Getting to housing/venue from the airport should be easy enough as I can ride with one of the other OOS players arriving, but getting back to the airport might be tricky. I have a meeting on the morning of the following Monday which I'd like to make it back for, to disguise my absence. There are flights early enough on the 9th, but I would need a ride willing to go there early enough in the morning. If there's anyone that can help me out, let me know, but do so quickly.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
thanks to everyone who offered to house us :) since gas prices are getting ridiculous ;_; we'd like to stay with whoever is closest to the venue, or in between texas and the venue. Also, since the venue is housing everyone Friday and Saturday, we'll only need housing on Sunday night (not friday). thanks again everyone.

I might be able to house you. Ill found out tomorrow. Im 49 minutes away from the venue though, is that a problem?
well 49 minutes in which direction? If it was on the way, that'd be great :) what city do you live in?

forkgirl

Smash Lord
awwww, Lawrenceville is about an hour drive in the opposite direction. Thanks again for the offer :) but we're hoping to find someone a little a closer or on the way.

jlorde34@yahoo.com

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there with Ms. Peach, i really been looking for some competition in Riverdale. I live right off old national. Its funny i was actually having a melee/brawl tourney at my house on the exact same friday. but i pushed mines back to next week because ima be busy. Hopefully i can make it to this tourney

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I'll be there with Ms. Peach, i really been looking for some competition in Riverdale. I live right off old national. Its funny i was actually having a melee/brawl tourney at my house on the exact same friday. but i pushed mines back to next week because ima be busy. Hopefully i can make it to this tourney
wats ur e-mail address?

Man i have major ride jons.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
awww im mad i just found out about this a couple of days ago. Sighhhh...... lol i will defintly try an make the next one though.(wich mean i'll defintly be down there before december)

RAM

Smash Lord
Me and Boomstick are confirmed to make this tourney. I Know Ragnarock and Mr P want to come but we are'nt sure since we did'nt hear from them yet. I love me some GA tournies.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I don't think i'll be able to make it. BUt have fun and good luck RAM and Boomstick to.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hell yeah Alpha!!!

Hey Reflex don't worry if you want to play Brawl I'll play with ya. ^_^

Any Mariokart Wii money matches on the side???
I might have to jump on the both of those. I think I'm fairly decent at it. Bowser/Flame Runner is good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom