• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Presents: The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out, June 7th & 8th!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Note: Im just posting this here in case any Atlantic south smasher might not be aware about this thread.
If you have any comments or questions please post them in the actually tourney thread

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162644

Georgia Presents: The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out, June 7th & 8th!!!
So we heard so many people saying about "I miss Melee" and stuff like that. So what the hell? And we're the someones to step it up and host a tourney . . . RAWR!!

Georgia Presents: THE GREATEST MELEE TOURNEY EVER SINCE BRAWL CAME OUT. June 7th-8th, 2008

Tournament Hosts

Myself
The Alpha Gundam
Carter
Ares

Address, Date, and Time:

345 Scott Rd. Riverdale, Ga 30296

Saturday, June 7th Registration begins at 11:00am EST, Tournament will begin promptly around 12:00pm EST, the building itself should be open by 9am.

Venue:
The Venue is going to be at a Gym provided by Carter *and his Aunt* and we have the venue throughout the entire weekend so housing and showers *yes showers* will be provided at the venue. Also Carter's aunt will have concession stands running as well so food will be provided as well, but i am not to sure what all she will be selling and the prices so ill update this portion later when i get more info.

DEODORANT RULE IS IN EFFECT, NO JOHNS

Entry Fee:

15$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ per person)
5$ Fee

Prizes

Singles and Doubles:

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

General Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, onnett Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2

All other levels open for counter picks.

SETUPS:
We are going to need TVs, Surge protectors, and Cubes/ Wiis and of course Melee XD. I'm going to keep a list of who all is bringing what and i want 20+ setups at this so step it up folks

CREWS:
State Crews:
TBA

Regional crews rules

Single elimination
$20 per crew
4-5 players per crew
20 stock
stadium, fd, dreamland=randoms
yoshis/battlefield/FOD=counterpicks
if you pick a specific level, the opponent has the opportunity to switch chars. otherwise each crew will have everyone write down predetermined characters and who goes first.
The first stage is random or agreed on.

Schedule:
NOTE THIS IS TENTATIVE AND HEAVILY DEPENDS ON ATTENDANCE
Day 1:
Team Pools. Single pools round 1. Crew battles. Single pools round 2.
Day 2: Team Brackets follow by State crews and Single Brackets.
More to edit on this later.

Last notes:
If you have any questions or concerns plz get in touch with me or one of the other Tournament host.
Prac: Phone#: 706-358-9877 and my aim is Prac352
The Alpha Gundam: phone: 706-315-2791 and aim is Max1mum Spyder
Ares aim is morphares726

LONG LIVE MELEE!!!!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol whats with the hate tong? Its the geatest melee tourney since brawl came out and its being supported by most of Georgia already. I quit melee tourneys years ago and I'll support it and you should too.....

.....or I will destroy you.

C......

Smash Apprentice
if i can find a way then i'll definately be attending

@marty- i'm still playin third forever after sf4 comes out.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@cornel - lol, true. third is mad fun. sf4 looks mad good, though, so who knows. i'm excited. we need to hang and play some third some time soon. PM me your number or something.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@Doodah - your comment has me simply lost...

@Nicaboy - wow, you are SO wrong about ST being easy. i'm not a fan of alpha at all, but i know people play it...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Someone needs to teach me Super Turbo. I love that game.

Someone also needs to fix the title; it's "Greatest".

nicaboy

Smash Champion
@marty agh maybe but i been playing sf for so long im so used to the commands the only thing seprating me from a pro is how i implant the moves during gameplay or something.
but back on topic im waiting to see how far brawl makes it competivly seeing as alot of people i know like melee better. we should just play both

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol, i'm not a fan of Street Fighter Alpha. i'm a giant fan of Columbus Alpha. :chuckle:

@Mars - you should play Chaddd or Cornel in MvC2. they are pretty good at that game. i wish i was, but i'm trash at MvC2... :(

@Laijin - we'd invite you if you weren't a little pink haired shinigami girl who ran around with a psychopath... >_>

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Ah, my Godess is deh nastee.

In terms of Tenchi Muyo type nastee.

Or like Rodney Dangerfield naked watching the super bowl while smoking, eating cheese and drinking a carton of milk.

derf

Smash Ace
i was always luke-warm on dbz. except for the ginyu force and the fusion dance

plus the original US dbz cartoon had like all the same voice actors as ninja turtles which always confused me when i was a derflet

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Really now? I have to play them and Im willing to teach Marvel....for 50 bucks an hour :lol:
i think im pretty good at marvel i can pick magneto storm and psylocke and jump around and use attacks with storm and kicks with magneto

if justin wong can do it i can too

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
****z MarsFool! .....$50 is preetttty steep.

I'll play ya tho. I'd prefer CvS2, but whatever you feel like bringing since the only thing I'll probably bring to the tourney besides myself is a GC/PS2/ (maybe DC controller). :p

Jx31

Smash Ace
****, I love how the Fl tournament gets more attention in one day than this tournament, then again, it's melee and Brawl :/.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Yeah WTF dude.. they got WEST COAST peeps already confirming :crazy:

The tourney does look pretty tight though. If all goes according to plan, I'd encourage all of GA to go.
*Looks at singles fee* Maybe we should increase the fee, bigger pot=more oos interest >.>.

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
I know this may sound impossible .. but if you guys made this tourny the end of May .. a friday saturday would be the 30th and 31st .. I would be more than happy to come :p and see all the beautiful people I love in GA

though even if i cant come to this , I'm still considering coming to GA to chill out with people sometime in May

nicaboy

Smash Champion
****z MarsFool! .....$50 is preetttty steep.

I'll play ya tho. I'd prefer CvS2, but whatever you feel like bringing since the only thing I'll probably bring to the tourney besides myself is a GC/PS2/ (maybe DC controller). :p

i can bring cvs2 im down to play that. i gots iori vega and sakura a and n grove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom