• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GEORGIA?? POUND 4?!? Letz Gooeees!!! Travel Agent Toasty Toooast's onnn it son =D

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
LOLLL alright hey I think in the next couple weeks everyone who's serious about booking flights for this should get together on AIM or some Facebook thread or SOMETHING and actually talk out which flight would be best etc etc and then we can find a way to purchase it all together [though I think that we only have to worry about checking in at the same time if we want to sit together...oh wait that would require us going to the front desk instead of the shortcut automated kiosk which can equal potential doom :(]

tl;dr version:

post if you wanna fly and if the friday before and the monday after are good dates for you to fly to/from the tourney.

Then we'll buy tickets together.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I've already got a Delta flight established, I'll get the tickets probably sometime next week, or whenever my grandad gets back from Florida.

Having a grandad who excludes you from his will so he's permanently in debt to you can have its advantages.

toasty

Smash Hero
Was he just like "oh ****, my b...*throws money at you occasionally*"? Can he not change the will or is he just like "eh, milk me why you can boi"

OHHH is that how you went to Genesis?! XD!

Also, how much is your ticket?

If you can get cheaper tickets, by all means please share [though it sounds like your situation is CONSIDERABLY different so if it is...just...uh, say "my situation's considerably different, toasty. Thanks for prying. ***."]

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm probably not going to go.

I thought about this realistically and decided that spending $300 on a smash tournament was not worth it. Once I get a steady income then I will probably go to big tournaments and stuffs. But right now, I need to save most of my money for real life.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Was he just like "oh ****, my b...*throws money at you occasionally*"? Can he not change the will or is he just like "eh, milk me why you can boi"

If you can get cheaper tickets, by all means please share [though it sounds like your situation is CONSIDERABLY different so if it is...just...uh, say "my situation's considerably different, toasty. Thanks for prying. ***."]
My tickets are always free. He gets some kind of frequent flier miles.

Basically, my grandad just hates me and doesn't acknowledge my existence because I'm my mother's son, and he's a sexist douche **** who is disgraced to have a daughter. That, and I have long hair.

Most of his friends don't even know he has a daughter until they meet her in real life.

tubes

Smash Ace

post.

still need to find who I'm rooming with though.

PB&J

Smash Hero
wes is the man

and i learned that buying tickets on tuesday is the best way to go

and i think marty was aying something about being able to get a discount or something

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
If I land this job...I'm coming. And I also should be able to make it to tournies FINALLY without any money johnz at all.

bigman40

Smash Master
Alright toasty, I want dem super good deals you can find on airplane tickets. I wanna go to this, but idk with the options I got (no surplus amount of money and REALLY don't feel like making the 10 hour drive). Any flying deals you recommend? Also, how much money max (w/o food costs) will be spent if I group with probably....3-4 people (for hotel)?

toasty

Smash Hero
Wow fail, this **** should have been maintained better!

...wait

>_<!

hehehe but for real I didn't expect to have all the **** with ROM that I'm dealing with on top of the business stresses so I've been really busy lately and can't wrap my mind around this properly enough.

When I get home from ROM.........I'll be uploading videos XD

But no really, what I'd like is for a good list of people who are seriously considering flying to this. Not just a soft maybe. For those people flying, I would like for us to get on AIM chat or something to agree on a date/time or whatever. That way we can buy tickets and such and be on the same flight [if that's possible, that is].

Obviously if we can't get on the same page, all I can do is point people in the right direction and let them handle it themselves.

Sorry I abandoned this!!!

>_>

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, I mainly want to be flying up there since I really don't want to be driving the 10 hours, but if the cost overwhelms my money, I can't go. I'll have to get my friends that want to go on here so we can all just talk on here instead of me being the messenger of ****.

~Mieu

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
total ticket cost with the thread's p4 discount is the best way to go unless marty can hook some guys up with his mom's pro skills.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
So Fullmetal and I decided that we procrastinated long enough: it was time to book our flight.

I called the number provided in the OP for the Event Code discount. Unfortunately, their office was closed due to having regular business hours.

We decided to check out the prices online.

$69 each way [obligatorylolz]

after taxes and everything:

$159.20

We decided to just go for it while the prices on Airtran [from ATL to BWI] were still good.

Here's our flight information if you choose to book online or through the discounted Pound 4 Event Code on-the-phone reservation setup.

Friday, January 15, 2010
Flight 416 [Non-Stop]
Departing Atlanta, GA (ATL) at 04:16 PM
Arriving Baltimore/Washington, MD (BWI) at 06:05 PM

Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Flight 431 [Non-Stop]
Departing Baltimore/Washington, MD (BWI) at 12:29 PM
Arriving Atlanta, GA (ATL) at 02:31 PM

The Airtran customer service rep I talked to couldn't give me any information regarding that discount as it's a completely separate department and they have their own rates for event fares. Whether it would have helped us much at all isn't known. But we didn't want to lose those prices.

I have housing on friday night through a friend in Maryland. I can't help everyone out with this, unfortunately. But I'm just letting it be known in case anyone I may be splitting a hotel room with has the notion that I'll be in the hotel on friday night.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol Toasty, I found and matched the same flight as you but it's $255 now. That's 30 more bucks than the usual rates going around.

hmmmmmmmmmm.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol Toasty, I found and matched the same flight as you but it's $255 now. That's 30 more bucks than the usual rates going around.

hmmmmmmmmmm.
$30 is no matter when a pro like you plans on winning all the single and doubles events.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL bbq, even the smash 64 events xD

Well here's my flight info. Sucks I waited so long but I had to 100% confirm the days off with my job :)

Friday, January 15, 2010
US Airways # 1426

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson ATL (ATL) to Charlotte Douglas (CLT)
Departure (ATL): January 15, 1:55 PM EST (afternoon)
Arrival (CLT): January 15, 3:06 PM EST (afternoon)

View the latest airport conditions at: ATL | CLT
Friday, January 15, 2010
US Airways # 1186

Charlotte Douglas (CLT) to Baltimore Balt/Wash Intl (BWI)
Departure (CLT): January 15, 4:25 PM EST (afternoon)
Arrival (BWI): January 15, 5:48 PM EST (evening)

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
I need a ride from school to the airport.

What possible times could somebody pick me up?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
O_O you can go RJ!?

YES!!!

post up your info. maybe I can get you on the way :)

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
O_O you can go RJ!?

YES!!!

post up your info. maybe I can get you on the way :)
yeah i can go

I'm taking

Jan 15, 4:16 PM to 6:05 PM
Hartsfield... Atlanta. Flight 416.

My school address is 3737 Brock Road Duluth, GA 30096.

I just need a time so I can ask my mom to leave school early if I have to.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
****, I won't be able to take you at that time. I'll already be on my way there :(

Please, Someone needs to help this guy out!! :(

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
wow I totally read RJ's info wrong.

Dude, If Fullmetal can't get you, I can get you on the way.

Or we should all meet up and leave together.

Top Bottom