• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Brawl Power Rankings Thread (as of 4/25/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'll be at TGM3 so this ain't my fault. Plus I'm the TO for the tourney this weekend so I kind of have to show up lol.

Yeah, merge probably isn't going to happen since ASL banned MK. The results would be too different between states so I dunno just doesn't really work very well now. So.. Top 5 list next time? meh.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Our scene is looked @ as GA/AL outside of our region, or hell even in our region. If you guys want to keep separate PR's I completely understand, but we should do a merged one just in case or just to present to the other scenes while still having our own respective scenes on the slide.

Sound good? or no? Just a thought.

DRN

Smash Lord
Our scene is looked @ as GA/AL outside of our region, or hell even in our region. If you guys want to keep separate PR's I completely understand, but we should do a merged one just in case or just to present to the other scenes while still having our own respective scenes on the slide.

Sound good? or no? Just a thought.
No it wont work anymore. AL turned pretty much all of their tourneys into MK Banned so we wouldnt be able to create accurate results. We will remain separate

Yay for top 5 i guess

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I still advocate joining AL cause they're smart for banning MK ;)
This. Georgia should join us and help with the inevitable movement. When he gets banned, it will be because individual scenes decide to do something about it themselves. The more people that do it, the less of a stigma it will have, and more people will be willing to make the transition.

The BBR(-RC, as well) refuses to do something so major, but the sentiment is that they would like to. The BBR-RC put out an "experimental ruleset" which allows people to say they're doing Unity while changing things here and there for data-collecting purposes. Of course, among the suggestions is banning Meta Knight.

We all want it. Why don't we just embrace it? Be part of a change that will transform this game into something exciting again.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
At least discuss it and see what conclusion you reach and why.

EDIT: Although you're not allowed to discuss it on the boards on SWF. : / Social groups or shoutouts.

DRN

Smash Lord
Idk i'm pretty against :metaknight: getting banned. I understand the reasons he should and I have my own reasons for not wanting him to get banned(Its not because i use him). If he ever did get banned though then i probably wouldnt care much and would accept it. So until he is banned im going to enjoy tourneys that allow him which is why i'm really discouraged to go to Alabama for a while :[. If i do go to any ASL tourneys then i'd probably try my hand at soloing :marth:, :diddy:, or :snake:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Idk i'm pretty against :metaknight: getting banned. I understand the reasons he should and I have my own reasons for not wanting him to get banned(Its not because i use him). If he ever did get banned though then i probably wouldnt care much and would accept it. So until he is banned im going to enjoy tourneys that allow him which is why i'm really discouraged to go to Alabama for a while :[. If i do go to any ASL tourneys then i'd probably try my hand at soloing :marth:, :diddy:, or :snake:
If he gets banned, you wouldn't care and would accept it, but you ask for a refund from ASL due to Meta Knight being banned? That doesn't make any sense. It's still a great value, and it will get you used to things when a ban becomes standard.

If you're talking about a national ban, it's only going to happen if people do it individually (against the status quo). The Unity Ruleset already suggests that such changes are acceptable, and the final say on the matter goes to the various TOs. The BBR isn't allowed to make such sweeping changes, apparently, or we'd definitely have a ban at this point.

I guess we're not supposed to talk about it, though. I just think that it's definitely for the best, and that pro-ban is certainly in the majority.

DRN

Smash Lord
If he gets banned, you wouldn't care and would accept it, but you ask for a refund from ASL due to Meta Knight being banned? That doesn't make any sense.

If you're talking about a national ban, it's only going to happen if people do it individually (against the status quo). The Unity Ruleset already suggests that such changes are acceptable, and the final say on the matter goes to the various TOs. The BBR isn't allowed to make such sweeping changes, apparently, or we'd definitely have a ban at this point.

I guess we're not supposed to talk about it, though. I just think that it's definitely for the best, and that pro-ban is certainly in the majority.
Yea like i said- I'm against it but if it does happen nationally i'm not gonna complain because i see the reasons. Until then

Gooooo :metaknight: ;D

Player-1

Smash Legend
This. Georgia should join us and help with the inevitable movement. When he gets banned, it will be because individual scenes decide to do something about it themselves. The more people that do it, the less of a stigma it will have, and more people will be willing to make the transition.

The BBR(-RC, as well) refuses to do something so major, but the sentiment is that they would like to. The BBR-RC put out an "experimental ruleset" which allows people to say they're doing Unity while changing things here and there for data-collecting purposes. Of course, among the suggestions is banning Meta Knight.

We all want it. Why don't we just embrace it? Be part of a change that will transform this game into something exciting again.
We're pretty much in the midst of a discussion on it, if anything does happen though then it'll probably be after apex, that's really all i can say :X

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Btw, I don't care if I get banned. Censoring what I talk about is stupid. If I want to talk about a GA MK Ban in our PR thread when it's prevalent, I should be able to. As long as I'm not spamming the boards with pointless discussion.

I'm pretty neutral myself. However, I'm against banning him in GA for a bunch of reasons. I like playing both as him and against him myself. I think banning him hurts our performance regarding OoS situations both in hosting big tournaments and performing at others. Plus, I don't think he'll ever get banned nationally.

Argument on whether the character should be banned on a large scale is completely different for me and I don't really think it should be discussed here but I am neutral in that aspect. Also, I'm one of our TOs in GA and unless I experience large amounts of both local peer pressure and national peer pressure, I'm sorry but MK is still staying at my tournaments at least.

EDIT: Then maybe MK will be banned in GA after APEX3. But until then, sorry... also I acknowledge that my decision is a little selfish and sheeplike in nature but it doesn't bother me because I like having fun and to me that isn't always winning and removal of a character I like to play both as and against doesn't help. But I appreciate everyone else's predicament who don't think like me which is why I'm neutral overall.

EDIT2: I'm more than fine with Side Events.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Lol....MK won't be banned unless people make their own moves. You can host both tourneys. I don't see why people have to not do any MK-banned tourneys just because he's not banned nationally. If you want bigger stuff to happen, then start by adding it as a side tourney. Hell, add it as another main tourney that runs along side a non MK-banned tourney (of course, rules will apply for time constraints). I'm in it for more people coming to GA, not for other reasons. People need to see the bigger picture and try to embrace something that can help bring more hype.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Lol....MK won't be banned unless people make their own moves. You can host both tourneys. I don't see why people have to not do any MK-banned tourneys just because he's not banned nationally. If you want bigger stuff to happen, then start by adding it as a side tourney. Hell, add it as another main tourney that runs along side a non MK-banned tourney (of course, rules will apply for time constraints). I'm in it for more people coming to GA, not for other reasons. People need to see the bigger picture and try to embrace something that can help bring more hype.
^This seems redundant imo Scatz.

On the note of MK being banned or not Reflex has a good point on scenes starting to ban him in a whole. The thing is not every scene is ran by one or two TO's. There are too many TO's that disagree on ruleset, that's why many of them become TO's in the first place.

Guys I know I've said this before, but keep in mind not many people are gonna feel motivated to ban MK in a scene/region where he isn't dominant. Who are you really hurting with him banned here? Kismet? Micaelis? BigLou? All 3 of these players are more than capable of winning or do win without using him. For our region to ban the character when we have the least exp. with the character in general is upsetting to me.

I have a lot of confidence in our region as a whole, but MK the character doesn't really even beat us imo. It's the campy/"gay" playstyle that we haven't adapted to because we only play for fun.(Which isn't a bad thing) Our Top players with the exception of a few are serious about this game and want to advance in placing. And when it comes to OoS that's how most people in their scene is, not the other way around. That also why they know the MU. I'm not saying when you get serious you play MK, I'm saying when you get serious you generally play smarter with your character, and that playstyle is what gets us no matter the character

Scatz

Smash Champion
Sorry, wrote it in a rush. My point was you can host both to attract more people from OoS and even instate. You'll get to see who's more attracted to certain tourneys (provided the pot size is sufficient). No one is forcing the state to be pro/anti ban.

While it can be upsetting to you, it's pretty upsetting to people that have quit due to MK himself. Those were our pot fillers, and they were a decent portion of our scene. Now, we have a scene that is continuously dwindling. We're lucky to break 20 without AL/SC/NC's help.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
The way I see it a lot of people are quitting because MK either directly or because of imbalance in the game, which MK certainly contributes to greatly. Most people seem to want to ban him, but it seems like people don't wanna ban him because then they stop getting experience against him and won't perform as well OoS. Someone's gonna have to be the first to step up and just ban him to give other people courage to do it.

And it's not like it's gonna seriously ruin the game to ban a character. There's like 37 other characters, and it's not like we aren't already banning other things, like stages, items, tactics (a lot of which are banned specifically because of MK anyway), etc, to improve balance in the first place.

Personally, I don't care a whole lot (I'm fully capable of running into a 30-70 MU as Link without MK's help, haha), but I think he probably should eventually be banned for competitiveness' sake and for the sake of the community not just flat out dying in the long run. Non-MK side tournies would be an interesting idea at the least.

/my two cents

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Then GA/AL should be the first step I guess. I just think banning MK or even having MK banned tourney's in a region that loses to Falco, Luigi, Diddy, PT, and as of now because of Kismet's recent switch MK, won't make a difference.

He's never gonna be banned nationally, and having him banned only here will:

1. Shoot down whatever little respect have as a region skill wise
2. Keep the disrespect coming
3. Lower chances of our OoS hosted tourney's to be hype.
4. Keep you from ever accepting the MU

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
everyone is tired of seeing mk vs mk GFs matches etc etc.
but most players are switching to MK now because its the smart choice because we play competitively for money
a lot of players known for being great with their characters now drop those characters to play MK because they're tired of losing to MK
and considering thats the reason that biglou picked up MK in the first place it definitely hits home.
MK ban seems good in theory, but I don't think it will be an official rule for a very long time. I agree with Scatz though, we should have MK banned side tourneys or Mk banned tourneys along side non-banned ones.

MK isn't dark phoenix yet guys :awesome:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
The reason I think Scatz' idea is redundant is because it takes the chances of smash being big out of question. No one wants to sponsor or do something big for a community that can't even agree on a ruleset. That's horrible. Everyone's tired of seeing the MK vs MK MU but you act as if that's why MK is dominant. Just a few weeks ago X beat Seibrik, and June beat M2K. There are plenty of talented people in that matchup that get knocked out to other characters therefore MK still advances.

Not to mention, Biglou switching to MK was a complete counterpick on Kismet. Lets be real here for a second. Biglou and Kismet have/had good GF sets but Luigi gets bodied by Falco. I'm not mad @ Biglou switching to MK to beat Kismet's Falco lol. Falco is annoying as **** in that MU. Didn't Biglou also switch to Snake to do better in the MU @ one point? Yes he did, and he still lost. Falco still beats Snake too so he switched to MK. MK like I said before is the ultimate counterpick for any character, but picking him is a huge risk in the community if someone knows the MU. Not to say Kismet doesn't know the MU, but he's not the best @ it with Falco and Biglou knows him the best competition wise I feel. That's why Biglou picked him. I can almost guarantee if Biglou picked MK to counter Bleachigo, Pelca, or some other EC Falco (Not many of them I know) he'd probably lose. Because they know the MU and play it day in and day out against people who actually main him. Something GA doesn't even have till recently.

DRN

Smash Lord
Lounis picked up mk to fight against mk not against kismet. Beating Calvin was just a plus to him lol. He then switched to diddy because he felt it fit his style more and he has more fun with him

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Lounis picked up mk to fight against mk not against kismet. Beating Calvin was just a plus to him lol. He then switched to diddy because he felt it fit his style more and he has more fun with him
True.

But ultimately it beat out his in state rival when he met him in Bracket. Kismet plays Mk too now, so it just makes sense to me.

But to use Lounis as an example is a horrid thing, GA/AL really has no MK's. 2 Mk's isn't anything to be afraid of, and the fact that we're considering banning him when he's just become relevant in OUR state's character variety is upsetting to me. It just really is.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Then GA/AL should be the first step I guess. I just think banning MK or even having MK banned tourney's in a region that loses to Falco, Luigi, Diddy, PT, and as of now because of Kismet's recent switch MK, won't make a difference.
You're talking about highest level of play. I'm talking about mid level play that fills out pots. People were beginning to beat Kismet's Falco. Diddy is a legit character to lose to, and a lot of players lose to Reflex's PT save for high level players.

He's never gonna be banned nationally, and having him banned only here will:
How do you KNOW he'll never be banned? More people have been moving to pro-ban ever since the discussion started back in 2009. If he doesn't get banned, it's due to other states refusing to try something. BBRC already said they weren't going to make the change, so it depends on the TO's and players to gather the information to make the choice.

1. Shoot down whatever little respect have as a region skill wise
2. Keep the disrespect coming
We've lost to higher level players back then, and still to this day. Few mid level players have beaten all of our state. People talk about whatever the **** they wanna talk about, but what matters is how we manage our own state to keep people (not just OoS) coming back to tourneys and how we improve to become a force ourselves. You're letting the disrespect get to you far too easily.

3. Lower chances of our OoS hosted tourney's to be hype.
You don't know this. Someone from Kansas (DeLux I believe?) made a thread about how many people were interested in traveling to a MK-banned tourney, and while it's not even begun making a date, people were immediately interested to make it a mid-side tourney.

4. Keep you from ever accepting the MU
I've gone to OoS (twice), played OoS players, and played our instate player's MKs (Micaelis and Kismet's are the only legit ones to this day). Accepting a MU where you will never be going even with a character unless you play him is pretty ****ing stupid if you ask me.

The reason I think Scatz' idea is redundant is because it takes the chances of smash being big out of question. No one wants to sponsor or do something big for a community that can't even agree on a ruleset. That's horrible.
You don't know how sponsor's work. They want profit to come back, and they want a consistent turnout that has enough people to make their contribute worth giving. I've never said to make a main event with MK banned and not banned. I said make a side tournament to cater a few people that want to play with MK not legal. This doesn't detract from the main event unless there's a substantial amount of people to where it would be more beneficial to make the side event a main event.

DRN

Smash Lord
Thanks for ignoring my :metaknight: :'[

But seriously my metaknight is probably better then my zss in skill. My :zerosuitsamus: just knows match ups while my :metaknight: is still learning them.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I have not played your MK enough like I used to with micaelis. I don't make judgments if I don't have enough info on them.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
You're talking about highest level of play. I'm talking about mid level play that fills out pots. People were beginning to beat Kismet's Falco. Diddy is a legit character to lose to, and a lot of players lose to Reflex's PT save for high level players.

How do you KNOW he'll never be banned? More people have been moving to pro-ban ever since the discussion started back in 2009. If he doesn't get banned, it's due to other states refusing to try something. BBRC already said they weren't going to make the change, so it depends on the TO's and players to gather the information to make the choice.

We've lost to higher level players back then, and still to this day. Few mid level players have beaten all of our state. People talk about whatever the **** they wanna talk about, but what matters is how we manage our own state to keep people (not just OoS) coming back to tourneys and how we improve to become a force ourselves. You're letting the disrespect get to you far too easily.

You don't know this. Someone from Kansas (DeLux I believe?) made a thread about how many people were interested in traveling to a MK-banned tourney, and while it's not even begun making a date, people were immediately interested to make it a mid-side tourney.

I've gone to OoS (twice), played OoS players, and played our instate player's MKs (Micaelis and Kismet's are the only legit ones to this day). Accepting a MU where you will never be going even with a character unless you play him is pretty ****ing stupid if you ask me.

You don't know how sponsor's work. They want profit to come back, and they want a consistent turnout that has enough people to make their contribute worth giving. I've never said to make a main event with MK banned and not banned. I said make a side tournament to cater a few people that want to play with MK not legal. This doesn't detract from the main event unless there's a substantial amount of people to where it would be more beneficial to make the side event a main event.

Lol Scatz, I'm not having this argument with you. Whether people could or can beat Kismets Falco is besides the point. You're bring up points on things I "don't know" but the truth is you don't either so why not try right? I agree, you guys want to try this out I'm saying go ahead. I like that you're trying to be the 1's to start the trend, but I find it more of a back down rather than a innovative way to do things. I just find it upsetting that we have to do this when we don't have MK's and our current ones maybe learning.

So let me make this clear to you all. If you're gonna do it, I'm 100% behind it because I love our scene, but I am very skeptical about the ban in general because it makes our scene look weak if we don't even have any MK's to be afraid of. So shoutouts to learning MU's and then complaining about the Midlevel getting bodied, because we don't even have any mid level Mk's since I left.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Zany and wacky.

EDIT: I gave Chas the OP so that he can update and stuff. Hype.

Lol Scatz, I'm not having this argument with you. Whether people could or can beat Kismets Falco is besides the point. You're bring up points on things I "don't know" but the truth is you don't either so why not try right? I agree, you guys want to try this out I'm saying go ahead. I like that you're trying to be the 1's to start the trend, but I find it more of a back down rather than a innovative way to do things. I just find it upsetting that we have to do this when we don't have MK's and our current ones maybe learning.

So let me make this clear to you all. If you're gonna do it, I'm 100% behind it because I love our scene, but I am very skeptical about the ban in general because it makes our scene look weak if we don't even have any MK's to be afraid of. So shoutouts to learning MU's and then complaining about the Midlevel getting bodied, because we don't even have any mid level Mk's since I left.
One could call the three years that MK dominance has grown "not backing down." People have spent so much time trying to find ways around it and giving it a chance that they've become jaded, saying, "It's never gonna change." We don't have to do anything, I suppose, but we want the ban to happen because we believe it will benefit the community by renewing interest in the game, helping game balance by a significant amount, and causing a great deal of characters to become viable in competitive play.

It's not that the top 10 in GA has switched to Meta Knight (because that certainly hasn't happened, even if today's PR is a far cry from the PT/Falco/Luigi of old), it's that we believe the game in general would benefit in so many ways from a ban that it's merely the right thing to do. The greater number of people that make the change, the more motivated others will be to do the same.

If we have no Meta Knights dominating the scene, then we wouldn't look weak as a result of banning him. It's not like we caved under pressure or anything--We would just be doing what we felt was best for the game and the community. There's only so much that learning matchups will do for a player, and I think many people have gone about as far as anyone can get on that front. He's just fundamentally busted, breaks the counterpick system that so greatly affects the game with any other character, and becomes a necessity when you get to higher levels of play. That's just not good.

DRN

Smash Lord
Zany and wacky.

Ya this.

Im using the second post to help people keep track of upcoming tourneys in GA/AL/NC(along with big tourneys GA is planning to attend). I have name-basic location-date-thread link-chosen pokemon for each. If you are ever curious about a tourney then check it out. I'll try my best to keep it updated as much as possible.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Zany and wacky.

One could call the three years that MK dominance has grown "not backing down." People have spent so much time trying to find ways around it and giving it a chance that they've become jaded, saying, "It's never gonna change." We don't have to do anything, I suppose, but we want the ban to happen because we believe it will benefit the community by renewing interest in the game, helping game balance by a significant amount, and causing a great deal of characters to become viable in competitive play.

It's not that the top 10 in GA has switched to Meta Knight (because that certainly hasn't happened, even if today's PR is a far cry from the PT/Falco/Luigi of old), it's that we believe the game in general would benefit in so many ways from a ban that it's merely the right thing to do. The greater number of people that make the change, the more motivated others will be to do the same.

If we have no Meta Knights dominating the scene, then we wouldn't look weak as a result of banning him. It's not like we caved under pressure or anything--We would just be doing what we felt was best for the game and the community. There's only so much that learning matchups will do for a player, and I think many people have gone about as far as anyone can get on that front. He's just fundamentally busted, breaks the counterpick system that so greatly affects the game with any other character, and becomes a necessity when you get to higher levels of play. That's just not good.
I don't think people saying "it's never gonna change" is them saying it out of disgust with our community's competition lol. I think people say that with many attitudes, either they like him not banned or do.

I guess we're looking @ 2 different points on this. You think doing it will help the community grow, in many ways it probably will. I think if we adapt, and us as a community meaning the GA/AL community learn the MU will benefit from skill in a whole. Which will indirectly cause more people to join imo. But that's a huge if as well lol.

But if you wanna talk about growth, lets talk about how good the Metagame is with the him being here. Do you really think players would be this far in the metagame with MK not here? Do you think we would have been pushed to our limit's as hard as we have with him out the game? (the community as a whole) Those are serious questions, he hasn't taken everything from the game, he's actually helped it. Look how hard everyone that has trouble in that MU has strived and pushed their characters to their limit in order to beat him. Look how many have achieved it and now dominate the rest of the cast or players. MK is still very dominant after 3 years, (Like other S tier characters in other series)but who's to say it's a bad thing? It's not you just want to see diversity and that's a horrible reason.

If you think banning him will attract more people to the scene, our scene where he nearly doesn't even exist, then go ahead and ban him. And I say this out of love and respect: Ban him for the noobs who won't even accept learning the MU, not attending because of him as an excuses, and whatever sentimental reasons they have.

That'll really help our community.

DRN

Smash Lord
Anyone have any ideas on what i can add to the second post that will help us?

Edited OP a little. Changed New players from Cyan to Magenta because cyan was to similar to my auto color lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think people saying "it's never gonna change" is them saying it out of disgust with our community's competition lol. I think people say that with many attitudes, either they like him not banned or do.

I guess we're looking @ 2 different points on this. You think doing it will help the community grow, in many ways it probably will. I think if we adapt, and us as a community meaning the GA/AL community learn the MU will benefit from skill in a whole. Which will indirectly cause more people to join imo. But that's a huge if as well lol.

But if you wanna talk about growth, lets talk about how good the Metagame is with the him being here. Do you really think players would be this far in the metagame with MK not here? Do you think we would have been pushed to our limit's as hard as we have with him out the game? (the community as a whole) Those are serious questions, he hasn't taken everything from the game, he's actually helped it. Look how hard everyone that has trouble in that MU has strived and pushed their characters to their limit in order to beat him. Look how many have achieved it and now dominate the rest of the cast or players. MK is still very dominant after 3 years, (Like other S tier characters in other series)but who's to say it's a bad thing? It's not you just want to see diversity and that's a horrible reason.

If you think banning him will attract more people to the scene, our scene where he nearly doesn't even exist, then go ahead and ban him. And I say this out of love and respect: Ban him for the noobs who won't even accept learning the MU, not attending because of him as an excuses, and whatever sentimental reasons they have.

That'll really help our community.
Yes; people would have pushed their characters to beat characters who they could actually beat. Many, many characters would have a deeper metagame if they weren't forced to switch off due to Meta Knight taking a dump on them.

People who don't pick a very small subset of characters beat the player much more than the character. I should not ever, ever, ever win against Meta Knight as Wario or Pokémon Trainer, but I do because I'm an outright smarter player. I believe that I would still be a smart player if I were focusing more on the next best character matchups like Snake and Diddy Kong, as well as doable matchups against characters that the metagame would have if not for MK shafting them, such as Fox and King Dedede. I would say that the game would be significantly more exciting, have a much deeper metagame (for individual characters as well as stage/counterpick stuff), and would generally be more popular.

It is definitely a bad thing when Meta Knight is winning a supermajority of all the money. It is definitely a bad thing when people don't care to watch Grand Finals because it's Meta Knight vs. Meta Knight again. It is definitely a bad things when people are quitting or switching to a very small subset of characters just to be able to compete in competitive play.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Yes; people would have pushed their characters to beat characters who they could actually beat. Many, many characters would have a deeper metagame if they weren't forced to switch off due to Meta Knight taking a dump on them.

People who don't pick a very small subset of characters beat the player much more than the character. I should not ever, ever, ever win against Meta Knight as Wario or Pokémon Trainer, but I do because I'm an outright smarter player. I believe that I would still be a smart player if I were focusing more on the next best character matchups like Snake and Diddy Kong, as well as doable matchups against characters that the metagame would have if not for MK shafting them, such as Fox and King Dedede. I would say that the game would be significantly more exciting, have a much deeper metagame (for individual characters as well as stage/counterpick stuff), and would generally be more popular.

It is definitely a bad thing when Meta Knight is winning a supermajority of all the money. It is definitely a bad thing when people don't care to watch Grand Finals because it's Meta Knight vs. Meta Knight again. It is definitely a bad things when people are quitting or switching to a very small subset of characters just to be able to compete in competitive play.

Lol, I do think you're a smarter player than many players, but counterpicking is counterpicking. I do recall you losing to M2K and him playing D3 back in the day. Old. Yes, but still relevant when discussing what counterpicks will do lol. P3 has also beaten you before. Pools?, yes ok but it still happened. You act like MK is the only Counterpicking character in the game. Especially when it comes to not considering the level selection.

Keep in mind you took a match off of M2K. The best MK in the world right now. You don't think you learned anything from that? You don't think you'll beat another MK cuz the character's so dominant? The guy is a beast regardless and probably would've Cp'd you. Like many others will.

Lets just agree to disagree here, because this just seems like an ugly discussion. lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
Lol, I do think you're a smarter player than many players, but counterpicking is counterpicking. I do recall you losing to M2K and him playing D3 back in the day. Old. Yes, but still relevant when discussing what counterpicks will do lol. P3 has also beaten you before. Pools?, yes ok but it still happened. You act like MK is the only Counterpicking character in the game. Especially when it comes to not considering the level selection.

Keep in mind you took a match off of M2K. The best MK in the world right now. You don't think you learned anything from that? You don't think you'll beat another MK cuz the character's so dominant? The guy is a beast regardless and probably would've Cp'd you. Like many others will.

Lets just agree to disagree here, because this just seems like an ugly discussion. lol
he sandbagged, yo

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

I played Mew2King about two months after the game came out, when people didn't understand how to keep Wario out, or how to KO with Meta Knight. The metagame was still being built from the ground up, and it's silly to say that that's even remotely relevant to today's metagame. Wario doesn't lose to Dedede as badly as we once thought. Meta Knight doesn't have any troublesome matchups, as we once thought.

Meta Knight breaks the counterpick system, since he's just the go-to that everyone thinks about no matter what the matchup was in game 1. Using Wario and you lost game 1? You're not allowed to go Brinstar anymore, since they could pull out that MK. Using ROB and you won game 1? You're gonna switch, since the opponent can just switch to Meta Knight for a free win on his counterpick if you don't.

Please, let's stop talking about May of 2008 like I'm still one of the world's best or something. If you think that Meta Knight doesn't make the counterpick system completely fall apart, then you're crazy.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Reflex, the point wasn't how old the match was which I thought I made clear. The point is the game is a huge *** counter picking game. "Meta Knight doesn't have any troublesome matchups, as we once thought." Before I even begin to say how false this is, how can you say D3 vs Wario isn't that bad? Malcolm is the best Wario @ this game. He loses to Atomsk like every tourney because of D3 vs Wario. He hasn't given up on the MU, but he will tell you how horrible that MU is.

Wanna know what happened when, Atomsk supposedly "quit"? Malcolm went on a ****ing streak of impressive tourney's. Winning in both Doubles and Singles in a good MD/VA tourney, And when Atomsk came back he didn't have to play him early in bracket, and winded up beating ADHD.

Another example, some people in Socal agreed to a MK banned tourney. Tyrant attended and still won. Proving his point that the game is still a counter picking game.

Coutner picks still exist in the game and complaining about the 1 that has no bad MU yet to ban him is weak imo. Especially when he's not dominant here, we don't have any here, and you haven't tried to learn it here. Mostly everyone in the game at this point that plays the game seriously/competitively is prepared and plays the MU. It's about accepting the fact that he's there, not saying "Man there's talk about banning him lets ban him even though he doesn't stop me from winning in my region." Now if you ask the person, "would you like to ban MK" they'll more than likely say yes just so they don't have to deal with him. It's competition. I bet if you ask the same person "What about Falco and Diddy too?" They'd say yeah. It's competition. Why not take out a character or player's main that they've used for 3 years and I don't even lose to or isn't even here. As long as he can't pick him I'll ban him lol.

Reflex you can beat MK, but I think me saying that is irrelevant because, I don't think you'll push yourself to even believe that. You can't accept he's in this game. A lot of our scene can't accept many things in this game. The character has very many troublesome MU's they just aren't bad MU's and I think that's because of our stage list, which I can agree is bad.That's what makes us seem weak. Not the fact that we don't place well OoS. The fact that we don't accept the game for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom