• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Stardust Crusaders (Geno Support Thread #2)

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Here's the thing about Mario; at the end of the day I really don't care about his characterization. Yeah making him similar to how he was in the Nintendo Power comics would be fun, and even just his SMRPG quirks would be a nice change of pace. In the grand scheme, really him being fairly normal is fine.

The great compromise and novelty of the various good Mario RPG's was that the surrounding cast were full of personality. Bowser and Mallow in Mario RPG, the partners in the first two Paper Mario titles, the NPC's in M&L, and even the baddies in Super Paper Mario. Mario being the straight man to all the craziness not only fit within Nintendo's guidelines, but also worked because everyone around him was so colorful. You were amused and invested in the stories of these various characters, even though most would likely be limited to that one game and its likely there would be a new setting in the next.

That's the critical thing we lost. It wasn't enough that these were essentially wacky side adventures for Mario, Peach, Bowser, etc that weren't going to have any strong impact on the main games. The entire setting and nature of NPC's had to become homogenized to fit an increasingly narrow vision of what "Mario games" were supposed to be and the titles suffered for it. Even beyond losing the role playing mechanics, I just have less excitement for them because there's going to be far less chances of interesting locales or intriguing characters because that sort of emphasis just isn't there anymore.

It used to be Mario RPG and now its become Mario RPG.

However well executed it is, quite frankly its not something that terribly interested in.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
“Crash is character #81. The E3 2021 is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes...”

Geno is character #82, the LAST STAR of FighterPass2 as a Special Request to Square Enix from Mr. Sakurai.

Internet collapses because Crash and Geno. All auditions goes crazy. Western happy & Fan Demand fulfilled again.

Now Everyone’s already here!

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
“Crash is character #81. The E3 2021 is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes...”

Geno is character #82, the LAST STAR of FighterPass2 as a Special Request to Square Enix from Mr. Sakurai.

Internet collapses because Crash and Geno. All auditions goes crazy. Western happy & Fan Demand fulfilled again.

Now Everyone’s already here!
stop making me want things I know wont happen

Firox

Smash Master
You're using a phrase that's used to highlight the inequalities of black people with a video game character. That's not differing tastes, that's just insensitive.
I used a phrase to make a joke about marginalized fictional turtle dragons. Try not to take stray posts on a video game thread too seriously. An iota of levity in this world is desperately needed. No disrespect was intended.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I used a phrase to make a joke about marginalized fictional turtle dragons. Try not to take stray posts on a video game thread too seriously. An iota of levity in this world is desperately needed. No disrespect was intended.
How can you say you mean no disrespect when you're trying to defend what is an insensitive comment? Come on man, have some dignity.

Firox

Smash Master
How can you say you mean no disrespect when you're trying to defend what is an insensitive comment? Come on man, have some dignity.
I would argue you're being overly sensitive. The comment was benign and obviously meant as a joke. If you have no sense of humor, good for you then, I guess. Frankly, this thread is no place to debate interpretations of social justice. I'm simply going to move on with the topic of Geno.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys. I used to post on the original Geno thread every now and then, if you remember me. It's been a while since the original thread got shut down, and with the recent talk about a possible bonus fighter, I thought I would post here because I think that Geno certainly has a shot at being that bonus fighter. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll post PapaGenos' video here where he covered it.

As he said in the video, it could very well not be a fighter at all, but I think that it likely is. And if the bonus fighter doesn't come with additional mii costumes, then perhaps the Geno mii costume coming back with Sephiroth makes sense, as it wouldn't be able to come back with Geno himself. I'd definitely like and prefer for Geno to come with a stage, music, spirits and all of that but I'll take him just being playable in the game any day. Of course, this is wishful thinking and mostly just speculation. What do you guys think?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm not anticipating Geno as a bonus if we already have him being represented as a Mii Costume but I am totally down to speculate the odds of him being this bonus character. His name has floated around so many speculation circles to the point that considering him completely omitted would be kind of a bad take.

I'm all for it, but I am thinking there might be others that would realistically make it in as a bonus fighter before hand. However, if Rex could still be considered for a fighter after his Mii Costume was well over a year old, why not Geno as well?

Here's to hoping!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Can anyone identify what these are from? People just casually dropped them in the Twitter comments of the concept art:

I recognize the first from a show demonstration that also showed off Mario 64 but I can't find it.

How did you make this???
Years of experience on 3D modeling all in blender starting back in 2016

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I actually wanted to 3D print those Axem Rangers but they were proving to be too problematic so we settled:

This is all real, and it is all sitting in my basement lol. The background is just photoshopped in.
This figurines are all so epic. Is that World of Nintendo Mario and is that a custom articulated Geno figure? That's a really cool looking Geno action figure.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This makes me really wish we got a super mario rpg action figure toy line.
That would be epic. It would be so cool to get:

Geno
Mallow
The Axem Rangers
Smithy
Booster
Boshi

Ect as action figures in the World of Nintendo line as they're all cool characters. Sadly, Square-Enix will never allow that since they own those characters.

Dan

Smash Lord
This figurines are all so epic. Is that World of Nintendo Mario and is that a custom articulated Geno figure? That's a really cool looking Geno action figure.
Yup.

That would be epic. It would be so cool to get:

Geno
Mallow
The Axem Rangers
Smithy
Booster
Boshi

Ect as action figures in the World of Nintendo line as they're all cool characters. Sadly, Square-Enix will never allow that since they own those characters.
And sadly Jakks Pacific would never do it cause it requires effort.

Old World of Nintendo:

vs. new World of Mario:

They literally should've had the license stripped of them after this wave.

Firox

Smash Master
I actually wanted to 3D print those Axem Rangers but they were proving to be too problematic so we settled:

This is all real, and it is all sitting in my basement lol. The background is just photoshopped in.
Absolutely awesome! Love it!

Reactions: QQS

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

That's Really Nice

Reactions: QQS

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Actually I did attempt to 3D print my Axem Red it was complicated and had many failed attempts but eventually I was able to make it work
37AD0785-8923-4690-8A15-E08C6856A772.jpeg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yup.

Old World of Nintendo:

vs. new World of Mario:

I haven't really collected World of Nintendo figures in awhile as I'm more into the Figma, Sh Figuarts, Japanese figures and the WWE Mattel figures. I notice after seeing your post and researching recent released World of Nintendo figures that Jakks has gotten SUPER lazy just mainly making Mario and Luigi reskin power up figures and reissues of the Mario enemies. And I agree, Jakks should have the Nintendo figure license stripped for being lazy with their figures the past couple of years.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Yup.

Old World of Nintendo:

vs. new World of Mario:

I find it funny they didn't even have the decency to give Propeller Mario a Propeller Mushroom. Like really? would it be that much harder?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I find it funny they didn't even have the decency to give Propeller Mario a Propeller Mushroom. Like really? would it be that much harder?
Right? But I think it's a bigger crime they kind of abandoned the Zelda IP, Metroid IP, DKC IP, Star Fox IP, ect and are just being lazy focusing on Mario and Luigi reskins and reissues.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Right? But I think it's a bigger crime they kind of abandoned the Zelda IP, Metroid IP, DKC IP, Star Fox IP, ect and are just being lazy focusing on Mario and Luigi reskins and reissues.
Ah, Nintendo isn't what they used to be, huh? Abandoning old franchises and focusing on just Mario, and to think they made a game series about Nintendo characters in general fighting each other called Super Smash Bros.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ah, Nintendo isn't what they used to be, huh? Abandoning old franchises and focusing on just Mario, and to think they made a game series about Nintendo characters in general fighting each other called Super Smash Bros.
True, but Jakks Pacific has the Nintendo figure license so it's their fault why we ain't getting more awesome figures.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure it's neccesarily Nintendo's doing.

if it was they for sure would've made figures of the babies :4pacman:

Top Bottom