• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Stardust Crusaders (Geno Support Thread #2)

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
While Nintendo could have a blame in that, I would also put the blame on Square-Enix for at least not giving us a Deluxe Mii costume for Geno. That obviously shows either Nintendo, Square-Enix or both doesn't give a **** about Geno or us SMRPG fans.
I think this video answers the question pretty well.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Yeah. Miyamoto can be a pain the *** to the fans half of the time.
I think Geno is lucky to survive the Miyamoto thanos snap on the RPG characters since being from square-Enix Geno still manage to somehow appear as cameo and is still topic going on
Compared to the condition of the rest of the RPG Mario characters Geno lives on

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just beat Mack. Little hard, but still beat him quite easily.
Mack is the least of your worries as the bosses and enemies in the later levels are much tougher.

So it looks like some developers are interested in purchasing Square-Enix:

I wonder where this leaves the SMRPG brand and Geno if Square-Enix get's boughtout. Nintendo should take action in buying the whole SMRPG IP now before somebody potentially buys Square-Enix. Unless Nintendo themselves want to buy Square-Enix of course. But Nintendo needs to get on that asap or else Geno's situation will become a lot more complicated than it already is.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Mack is the least of your worries as the bosses and enemies in the later levels are much tougher.

So it looks like some developers are interested in purchasing Square-Enix:

I wonder where this leaves the SMRPG brand and Geno if Square-Enix get's boughtout. Nintendo should take action in buying the whole SMRPG IP now before somebody potentially buys Square-Enix. Unless Nintendo themselves want to buy Square-Enix of course. But Nintendo needs to get on that asap or else Geno's situation will become a lot more complicated than it already is.
Not sure if this is a good news or bad news but better not be a Chinese company like Tencent it will ruin a lot of things because of the censorship

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I think Geno is lucky to survive the Miyamoto thanos snap on the RPG characters since being from square-Enix Geno still manage to somehow appear as cameo and is still topic going on
Compared to the condition of the rest of the RPG Mario characters Geno lives on
From what I've heard it's actually less about Miyamoto and more about who makes the game. Miyamoto has done things in the past that devs have outright said no to or undone in the name of a better game, and Miyamoto himself is apparently a bit more chill about that now, but with Origami King it was the director I believe who enforced such a rule.

I just beat Mack. Little hard, but still beat him quite easily.
Just so you know, some folks here are suggesting that other bosses will be harder, and while that's technically true if you have ANY experience with more-fleshed-out RPGs then you will find that the game isn't really all that difficult, ESPECIALLY if you abuse a certain Princess...

Arguably the only real challenge is trying to beat the game without grinding for levels pretty much at all, bosses near the end of the game, with two really being the only threats.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
From what I've heard it's actually less about Miyamoto and more about who makes the game. Miyamoto has done things in the past that devs have outright said no to or undone in the name of a better game, and Miyamoto himself is apparently a bit more chill about that now, but with Origami King it was the director I believe who enforced such a rule.

Just so you know, some folks here are suggesting that other bosses will be harder, and while that's technically true if you have ANY experience with more-fleshed-out RPGs then you will find that the game isn't really all that difficult, ESPECIALLY if you abuse a certain Princess...

Arguably the only real challenge is trying to beat the game without grinding for levels pretty much at all, bosses near the end of the game, with two really being the only threats.
Yeah, I agree. Really only a few fails here and there. If you grind enough and choose the right skills, you should be fine tbh. But maybe it gets harder towards the end, I don't really know.

:geno:

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sakurai is still firm on that there will be no more DLC than the next two is the last

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Sakurai is still firm on that there will be no more DLC than the next two is the last
The fact that he mentioned we won’t have the number of characters that we have right now in a future smash game is a bit worrying and it means some characters will be cut in the next smash game

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The fact that he mentioned we won’t have the number of characters that we have right now in a future smash game is a bit worrying and it means some characters will be cut in the next smash game
That's been pretty clear for a while now, hasn't it? I thought he said a while back that bringing back every veteran was already a tall order, and we probably aren't going to have something like this happen again. (and that was before we got multiple Microsoft characters, Dragon Quest content, and Sephiroth)

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That's been pretty clear for a while now, hasn't it? I thought he said a while back that bringing back every veteran was already a tall order, and we probably aren't going to have something like this happen again.
Even if that is true, I can´t see the franchise live on with a reboot. They might as well call it a day and don´t make any more Smash games then and ask Capcom to make a Nintendo vs series for them instead. I go so far as to say that it would be a waste of development time and money that could be spent for ports with all the 3rd party content included. Only a minuscule fraction of that would be interested in a reboot. If they wanted to reboot the franchise, they should have done that instead of Ultimate. I mean, people made a big deal of Mewtwo and Roy not returning, and the same went about Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers for Smash on Wii U/3DS... and they expect it to go well if we have most/none of the third parties alongside some cut first parties?

Last edited:

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
I just hope these last 2 characters are at least somewhat appealing to me. This game has done so many things right but this entire second pass has been a major miss for me. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen but one can dream.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just hope these last 2 characters are at least somewhat appealing to me. This game has done so many things right but this entire second pass has been a major miss for me. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen but o can dream.
Still, if you read the top part, that was from last year.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Even if that is true, I can´t see the franchise live on with a reboot. They might as well call it a day and don´t make any more Smash games then and ask Capcom to make a Nintendo vs series for them instead. I go so far as to say that it would be a waste of development time and money that could be spent for ports with all the 3rd party content included. Only a minuscule fraction of that would be interested in a reboot. If they wanted to reboot the franchise, they should have done that instead of Ultimate. I mean, people made a big deal of Mewtwo and Roy not returning, and the same went about Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers for Smash on Wii U/3DS... and they expect it to go well if we have most/none of the third parties alongside some cut first parties?
I think a port would be nice than another game, though i feel sakurai wouldn't want to resort with a port of Ultimate(would be nice to play Banjo & Kazooie in main base)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just hope these last 2 characters are at least somewhat appealing to me. This game has done so many things right but this entire second pass has been a major miss for me. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen but one can dream.
Actually, most of the DLC period in Smash 4 and Ultimate wasn't that pleasing to me outside of Mewtwo, Banjo & Kazooie, Sephiroth and Min Min. Everyone else that was ever DLC wasn't my cup of tea. It seems like base game always has the better newcomer selection.

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
Actually, most of the DLC period in Smash 4 and Ultimate wasn't that pleasing to me outside of Mewtwo, Banjo & Kazooie, Sephiroth and Min Min. Everyone else that was ever DLC wasn't my cup of tea. It seems like base game always has the better newcomer selection.
I agree with base game always having better characters. Smash 4 dlc was pretty decent. Ryu was a major hitter for me as well as lucas since he was my main in brawl. Ultimate on the other hand. Every dlc character so far aside from banjo has been a character that I really dont care for at all. I didn't hate any of the characters in the first pass aside from byleth but pass 2 is just a trainwreck. It's like they carefully crafted pass 2 with the sole intent of pissing me off. Steve is the only one I kind of like because I love minecraft and hes fun but he wasn't a character I was really pulling for.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I pretty much agree with the sentiments of S1 and Max. Byleth is the absolute worst. Pyra & Mythra were pretty annoying but can be salvaged if the final two (or three depending on who you talk to) are good. Joker was kinda a forgettable start to the pass imo, but at least he's representing a new franchise. I hated Piranha Plant as well; everyone else I can live with. Min Min was sorta cool cause she's actually a Nintendo character and not Fire Emblem. Sephiroth was also cool and deserving but sort of a letdown because of all the anime sword stuff, but if any anime swordsmen deserved to be in, it's him.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I pretty much agree with the sentiments of S1 and Max. Byleth is the absolute worst. Pyra & Mythra were pretty annoying but can be salvaged if the final two (or three depending on who you talk to) are good. Joker was kinda a forgettable start to the pass imo, but at least he's representing a new franchise. I hated Piranha Plant as well; everyone else I can live with. Min Min was sorta cool cause she's actually a Nintendo character and not Fire Emblem. Sephiroth was also cool and deserving but sort of a letdown because of all the anime sword stuff, but if any anime swordsmen deserved to be in, it's him.
I would agree with this
Speaking of swordsmen of all heavily requested swordsmen it’s weird how Isaac is still rejected over the years but many other swordsmen gets a spot before him
Still remembering the pain when the golden sun item was shown and the golden sun battle point of view picture was referenced which was building up hype then crushed the golden sun fans after the assist trophy reveal

Reactions: Dan

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
I would agree with this
Speaking of swordsmen of all heavily requested swordsmen it’s weird how Isaac is still rejected over the years but many other swordsmen gets a spot before him
Still remembering the pain when the golden sun item was shown and the golden sun battle point of view picture was referenced which was building up hype then crushed the golden sun fans after the assist trophy reveal
Isaac not being in smash is definitely just a product of nintendo not caring about golden sun. He probably wasn't popular enough to be considered on the same level as characters like k.rool and banjo. I agree its dumb that we get characters like byleth or pyra before him but it's only because of corporate nintendo being corporate nintendo and choosing to add advertisement characters over fan requests or older characters.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Isaac not being in smash is definitely just a product of nintendo not caring about golden sun. He probably wasn't popular enough to be considered on the same level as characters like k.rool and banjo. I agree its dumb that we get characters like byleth or pyra before him but it's only because of corporate nintendo being corporate nintendo and choosing to add advertisement characters over fan requests or older characters.
i feel advertisment characters dont age well like who uses Corrin anymore? i remember the reactions majority were dissapointed even after the presentation few only cared then he died out in the smash community

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
i feel advertisment characters dont age well like who uses Corrin anymore? i remember the reactions majority were dissapointed even after the presentation few only cared then he died out in the smash community
Exactly and this reason is exactly why I hate advertisement characters. Advertisement characters can be done well. For example paper mario. Paper mario has a new switch game that is ripe for advertising. Not only that but hes a huge fan request and has a series spanning 20 years. But no instead we get fire emblem character number 8 who's game was out for 5 ****ing months before their inclusion. There's just no reason for them to be here beyond advertising a switch game.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
People are barely playing with Corrin yes, but there is still a ton of people that plays with the rest of the FE cast (yes even Byleth ironic enough concidering the reaction), Bayonetta (who was marketing for Bayo 2, let´s not kid ourselves) Joker (marketing for P5R) Hero (marketing for DQ11S).. the list goes on.

Corrin is one of the least popular lords in the franchise so.

PS - Yes, Dragon Quest is a legendary franchise and deserves to be in the game for that. But who is the default skin? 11.. and not Erdick (DQ3 protagonist who is the most popular) and the character released close to DQ11S release

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would agree with this
Thing is though, Isaac might not have done as well as we thought in the Smash Ballot. I don't think him or Geno did as well as Ridley, K. Rool or Banjo & Kazooie in the Ballot because they're all in. Geno and Isaac fans just wasn't loud enough during the most critical hour.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Thing is though, Isaac might not have done as well as we thought in the Smash Ballot. I don't think him or Geno did as well as Ridley, K. Rool or Banjo & Kazooie in the Ballot because they're all in. Geno and Isaac fans just wasn't loud enough during the most critical hour.
This logic really doesn't hold up if you look at the data we have.

First off, K Rool is likely the character who did the best. Just looking back at how much propaganda and general talk going on about him at the time, there is no way he didn't destroy the Ballot.

However, Ridley fans were very much discouraged at this time, considering they got yet another snub with Ridley being a stage mechanic. Since most people were fooled into thinking this poll was for Smash 4 and not for the next game, the odds they did much voting is incredibly low.

In comparison, we don't know about B&K's numbers, but Geno did well enough to be mentioned in specific by Sakurai who suggested he still gets a lot of requests, so I'm pretty sure we did alright in that department.

By this diagram, which was concluded right after Roy's reveal (but transpired before his reveal), you can see that just in Japan alone K Rool is krushing the competition, but look at where our boy is at. TIED with the bear and bird of legend, that's a big feat in itself. And remember, this is just Japan, not the West where we have a different culture and were likely going up against stuff like Chief and Waluigi.

You guys just need more patience and to realize that big names like Cloud, Hero and Sephiroth just have more mass appeal and are a security net as well as characters Sakurai personally loves.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This logic really doesn't hold up if you look at the data we have.

First off, K Rool is likely the character who did the best. Just looking back at how much propaganda and general talk going on about him at the time, there is no way he didn't destroy the Ballot.

However, Ridley fans were very much discouraged at this time, considering they got yet another snub with Ridley being a stage mechanic. Since most people were fooled into thinking this poll was for Smash 4 and not for the next game, the odds they did much voting is incredibly low.

In comparison, we don't know about B&K's numbers, but Geno did well enough to be mentioned in specific by Sakurai who suggested he still gets a lot of requests, so I'm pretty sure we did alright in that department.

By this diagram, which was concluded right after Roy's reveal (but transpired before his reveal), you can see that just in Japan alone K Rool is krushing the competition, but look at where our boy is at. TIED with the bear and bird of legend, that's a big feat in itself. And remember, this is just Japan, not the West where we have a different culture and were likely going up against stuff like Chief and Waluigi.

You guys just need more patience and to realize that big names like Cloud, Hero and Sephiroth just have more mass appeal and are a security net as well as characters Sakurai personally loves.
Thing is those, this online massive data poll isn't 100% accurate to the real Smash Ballot results since Sakurai said Ridley and Castlevania are in because of the Smash Ballot.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Thing is those, this online massive data poll isn't 100% accurate to the real Smash Ballot results since Sakurai said Ridley and Castlevania are in because of the Smash Ballot.
Maybe so, but if you count that Ridley got in because of the Smash Ballot right after fans got so discouraged that many of them wouldn't have voted, convinced they were done for this game and that the Ballot was for Smash 4, then you can only imagine how well Geno fans would have done considering we had no reason to be discouraged AND we got mentioned to have many requests even still for such and old character.

What you are doing is just putting on blinders that are crafted from pessimism and the idea that we have failed when we haven't even begun. There are still two characters in this pass, likely a bonus one, and very much likely many more characters coming down the pipe. I would be surprised if Geno wasn't in fact one of the last two characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Maybe so, but if you count that Ridley got in because of the Smash Ballot right after fans got so discouraged that many of them wouldn't have voted, convinced they were done for this game and that the Ballot was for Smash 4, then you can only imagine how well Geno fans would have done considering we had no reason to be discouraged AND we got mentioned to have many requests even still for such and old character.

What you are doing is just putting on blinders that are crafted from pessimism and the idea that we have failed when we haven't even begun. There are still two characters in this pass, likely a bonus one, and very much likely many more characters coming down the pipe. I would be surprised if Geno wasn't in fact one of the last two characters.
Listen, I want Geno too, but I'm just saying, Geno's popularity really didn't blow up again until K. Rool got in.

Staarih

Smash Master
Listen, I want Geno too, but I'm just saying, Geno's popularity really didn't blow up again until K. Rool got in.
I think Geno's Mii costume in Smash 4 was the first thing to ignite the flame, which steadily grew when other "big" speculation characters got in, and now is in some kind of limbo.

But before that, the Geno fanbase was quite silent to be honest, especially during the speculation of Smash 4. I just had a quick look at some of the threads here from that time like Isaac, K. Rool which have like 20-40K replies, Geno's thread only had 4K. Krystal, Bandana Dee had more active threads, and they're still not in either. While it does not show the full picture, I feel it kinda showcases the enthusiasm at the time. Geno support was quite low profile at the time it meant the most (the ballot). And once the Mii costume came out, it was too late.

But hopefully he'll still have his chance some day. Here I am, after all, still supporting even if the fanbase went kinda overboard in the previous thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom