• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot?

D

Deleted member

BJ will NEVER be important to the series as Geno was. Well... unless Bowser Jr. turned good.

Geno is more important than Bowser Jr.

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
Wat ****?? Megaman is betta than anymore mario characters!! I dont want anymores mario characters in the brawl!!

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm downplaying Bowser Jr because I have plenty to go off of TO downplay him much like I was able to with Daisy and Waluigi when people insisted that I was insane for thinking that they wouldn't become playable. They've been playable in more then 20 games in the past 10 years, they said. It really doesn't matter because they are unimportant to the canon Mario games, I said. They are important because the spinoffs sell well, they said. That's hardly a factor, I said. Ugh...
There's nothing that downplays Bowser Jr like there is stuff to downplay Waluigi and Daisy, Bowser Jr unlike the other two has major roles in the main games, while Daisy only had one role in a GB game more than 15 years ago and Waluigi has yet to make an appearance in one of the main games.

Just to let you know, I completely hate the idea of Paper Mario becoming playable but I don't deny his chances because nothing substancial has come out that suggests that his chances aren't decent.
That is ridiculous.

2. Pichu, Daisy, Waluigi, and Dark Samus being deconfirmed showing that Sakurai doesn't intend to add characters that are basically different variations of the same character. (Keep in mind that characters like Cell Shaded Link and Paper Mario star in several of their own games and thus are exempt from this. The fact that his name is BOWSER Jr doesn't exactly help his case either.)
I don't see how your fan made "assumptions" shouldn't apply to Paper Mario, him being a lead has nothing to do with it, plus, Daisy, Pichu, Waluigi and Dark Samus are not even variations, Young Link and Paper Mario are, you're just reaching for arguments to downplay Bowser Jr and none of them work.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Because I'm the best :chuckle:
And no, I don't like guys. There, I said it.
How can you be the best when I'm #1? I just don't need a contest to rectify that.:cool:

And I'm an Alphamale for one, I ain't just one of those run of the mill guys know what I'm sayin? Two, it's encoded in every girls DNA to like guys. Three, expect a pm of apology boss because I thought for certain you were a guy.

Threadjack over.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
wait this just in THEY CAN BOTH BE IN! this is just a pointless flame war.
It's not flaming, it's more like debating on who should get in first or who is more likely to get in. I would say they both should get in, they have superb attacks, so why not both of them.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr. was the main Villain in Sunshine...and I barely played "New Super Mario Bros" but they say hes the main villain in that, plus he's in spin-offs. Bowser Jr. has a better chance than Geno.....but I hope they both get in.

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
**** you boy vespervew, and imsar is you a **** transxual *****? Thats just disgusting and wat does that have to do with this thread?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's nothing that downplays Bowser Jr like there is stuff to downplay Waluigi and Daisy, Bowser Jr unlike the other two has major roles in the main games, while Daisy only had one role in a GB game more than 15 years ago and Waluigi has yet to make an appearance in one of the main games.

I noticed that you took a fraction of one of my posts from another thread and posted it... Why not all of it?

That is ridiculous.

How so? Because you don't want either character to be playable? Spare me. I hated Tingle too but I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he starred in two of his own games and, besides Vaati, is the only major reoccuring character in the Zelda franchise that wasn't playable yet. Several months later, however, he was basically deconfirmed when he showed up as a trophy in an update.

I don't see how your fan made "assumptions" shouldn't apply to Paper Mario, him being a lead has nothing to do with it, plus, Daisy, Pichu, Waluigi and Dark Samus are not even variations, Young Link and Paper Mario are, you're just reaching for arguments to downplay Bowser Jr and none of them work.
Like I said, Cell Shaded Link and Paper Mario actually star in their own games and are thus more important then the characters you are saying that they are the same as. Also, when I say variation, you assume I mean an exact copy of their counterpart characters. These characters either fill roles that are very similar to their counterparts or have appearances that are strongly based on their counterpart. For example, Pichu is a baby Pikachu. Bowser Jr's character design is heavily based on Baby Bowser and was even used for Baby Bowser in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
Ehh, some got **** lesbos in this *****? Wat that have to do with this thread? Ima report yo punkass!!

vesperview

Smash Hero
Like I said, Cell Shaded Link and Paper Mario actually star in their own games and are thus more important then the characters you are saying that they are the same as. Also, when I say variation, you assume I mean an exact copy of their counterpart characters. These characters either fill roles that are very similar to their counterparts or have appearances that are strongly based on their counterpart. For example, Pichu is a baby Pikachu. Bowser Jr's character design is heavily based on Baby Bowser and was even used for Baby Bowser in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.
I didn't quote all of it because that's the part I needed to post? Duh! Plus, it's not on another thread it's on the first page of this thread and I think you're the only one who thinks this decreases his chances in any way.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Ehh, some got **** lesbos in this *****? Wat that have to do with this thread? Ima report yo punkass!!
You got a problem with boss than you can STFU cold beans. . .

And to stay on topic, Browser Jr with his paint brush is kick a**. It would be interesting to see how it's used.:p

iMichael

Smash Lord
This really shouldn't even be a debate...."Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot" There should be no way that Geno is over Bowser Jr. for the last spot. Bowser Jr. has potential and has played major roles in major games. Geno has played a mediocre role in a major game and showed up as an NPC in another. If Geno does represent the last Mario spot then that would be a shame.....I know Geno has a huge fan base and so does Bowser Jr. ......

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna get osma to infract yo lesban ***. Betta stop attackin me lesbo. Osma!!!! megamans for brawl!!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
This really shouldn't even be a debate...."Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot" There should be no way that Geno is over Bowser Jr. for the last spot. Bowser Jr. has potential and has played major roles in major games. Geno has played a mediocre role in a major game and showed up as an NPC in another. If Geno does represent the last Mario spot then that would be a shame.....I know Geno has a huge fan base and so does Bowser Jr. ......
Correction, Geno played a MAJOR role in a major game.

My question to you is, if Wario and Yoshi are both representing their own series respectively, why can't you just accept that there could be two Mario reps?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you need to Cool your beans Cold Beans, you are going to get banned if you aren't careful.

And I agree, both can be in, its perfectly acceptable. I got my Dark Link, so Ima happy. ^_^

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just to set the record straight, I wish no Bowser Jr fans any ill will. From how things stand, I believe Bowser Jr is still in the running but he has more going against him then Geno and Paper Mario. From how things stand, it's very likely that the Mario franchise will have 6 reps and that Dr. Mario will get the boot. Obviously, one person would replace Dr. Mario and there would be one completely new addition. Melee had 5 Mario reps so it's not all that unlikely that the Mario will have one more seeing how it set the high bar for characters in Melee for obvious reasons and how Pokemon already has 4 in the starting roster. (Pikachu and the Pokemon Trainer with his three pokemon.) It should also be noted that Melee had 3 new Mario character additions (Peach, Bowser, and Dr. Mario) and two unlockable characters (Dr. Mario and Luigi). In Melee, two of those additions were completely unique (Peach and Bowser) and the other two were heavily based on Mario (Luigi and Dr. Mario). Because of all of these factors, it wouldn't be farfetched for Brawl to have 3 unlockable Mario characters and 2 completely new additions.

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
Stop attackin me boy!! I was jus gonna give ma opinons on the thread an youalls gets to start attackin me first. I just say megaman idiots.

D

Deleted member

Now,
here's something to debate about.

You say Geno played a mediocre role, eh? I guess Falco plays mediocre roles in Star Fox. I guess Luigi plays a ton of mediocre roles. I guess Diddy Kong plays mediocre roles.

It wasn't mediocre. Geno had an important role in Mario RPG. Without him, the Mushroom Kingdom would be gone. The story line affected Geno the most out of EVERYBODY in the game. He was sent on a quest to rebuild Star Road and defeat Smithy. Not Mario. Mario helped Geno. Geno didn't help Mario. Mario helped Geno.

So, technically, even though Mario was the main character in Mario RPG he was a supporting character for Geno.

Play the game before you talk about his role. It's important and a lot of people find his role more important than Bowser Jr's 3 roles and no one knows if that's true or not.

It's all opinions.

Top Bottom