• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Honestly, 5 reps is good.

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Someone else

I know Mario is the biggest franchise to Nintendo but really, is that a solid excuse to have 6 or 7? It's best to save room for other characters from franchises or people to represent franchises like Olimar or Ray 01 or Isaac.
I agree, and I think that "someone else" will be BJ.

And for the record, wiki (meaning a crap load of people) agree that he was the main villian in 2 games. . .

"Bowser Jr., known in Japan as Koopa Jr. (クッパJr., Kuppa Junia?) (not to be confused with Baby Bowser in Super Mario World 2), is the child of Bowser that debuted in Super Mario Sunshine. He acts as the main antagonist of both Super Mario Sunshine (where he first appears as Shadow Mario) and New Super Mario Bros., with his father only playing a minor role in each. Additionally, he appears in Super Mario Galaxy, acting as his father's right hand and challenging Mario at several points of the game to impede him from gathering all Power Stars that are used to defeat Bowser's evil empire."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mario_series_characters

§leepy God

Smash Master
I reather see Bowser Jr. because he was in a lot of Mario games and my favorite Mario character. Geno is almost my least, no offence fans.

D

Deleted member

Bowser may have pushed Junior a little to capture Peach, but he was in no way involved in the plans themself to capture her. Neither was he involved in enacting those plans. In fact, he wasn't directly involved in capturing Peach at all. He was merely the final boss along side Junior. Bowser Jr opposed/antagonized Mario (the protagonist) every step of the way throughout the entire game, on top of making the plans.
We don't know if BJ intentionally did it on his own though. Maybe Bowser told him. We don't know. All we can do is make inferences. We don't know what is official about what Bowser was doing to make BJ capture Peach.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Bottom line:

Bowser Jr>Geno

Geno is only a part of this discussion because of the polls.
Guessing=FAILURE! The reason he was on the polls because someone e-mailed Sakraui well a few people did... So he was good enough to be on the poll.

Geno's from Square Enix his chance is slim.
Oh, Bowser Jr. Wasn't on the polls his chance is slim.

Like some people said Bowser Jr hasn't got any unique attacks so he would most likly be a clone unless he has his Paint Brush, which would make him half a clone to Mario, if he can and most likley will turn into Mario is he is weilding his PB.

Ps. You guys say Mario's getting 6 reps, but we don't know, it's Sakruai's desicion how much characters he wants since you don't know how much characters in the game there could only be five reps.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
As long as it's not Metroid who suffers:cool:
Take it up to Sakurai if the only 2 reps. he puts in is Samus and Zero Suit Samus. Don't worry I'll be right next to you taking turns as we send him emails that punch/facepalm him in the face.

@Sonic Speed, same thing bro, I want Megaman in Brawl. End of discussion.

As for the rest of the debate, aren't we looking too deep into this? Is it possible for 2 Koopas to be both the main antagonists?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Guessing=FAILURE! The reason he was on the polls because someone e-mailed Sakraui well a few people did... So he was good enough to be on the poll.
Don't come here and tell me that Geno has a huge fanbase cause he doesn't, he's pretty much the Skull Kid of the Mario series, he has a cult following and then a bunch of people who started to support him out this mirage that he is a shoe-in due to to the polls.

D

Deleted member

And for the record, wiki (meaning a crap load of people) agree that he was the main villian in 2 games. . .

"Bowser Jr., known in Japan as Koopa Jr. (クッパJr., Kuppa Junia?) (not to be confused with Baby Bowser in Super Mario World 2), is the child of Bowser that debuted in Super Mario Sunshine. He acts as the main antagonist of both Super Mario Sunshine (where he first appears as Shadow Mario) and New Super Mario Bros., with his father only playing a minor role in each. Additionally, he appears in Super Mario Galaxy, acting as his father's right hand and challenging Mario at several points of the game to impede him from gathering all Power Stars that are used to defeat Bowser's evil empire."

Will, eh?
Well, I think that "someone else" will be Geno.

act as =/= is
I have said that before.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
People people. For the last time it will be "someone elses" meaning that both of them will make it. *loads sniper rifle* Or I will have to take drastic measures!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

How is guessing failure?
Oh, Bowser Jr. Wasn't on the polls his chance is slim.
So? PT wasn't on the polls.
Like some people said Bowser Jr hasn't got any unique attacks so he would most likly be a clone unless he has his Paint Brush, which would make him half a clone to Mario, if he can and most likley will turn into Mario is he is weilding his PB.

How would he be a clone of Mario? Shadow Mario has NO MOVES similar to Mario.
Ps. You guys say Mario's getting 6 reps, but we don't know, it's Sakruai's desicion how much characters he wants since you don't know how much characters in the game there could only be five reps.

I agree. It could be 4, or even 3 or it could be as high as 8!! Not likely, but still..
10 characters

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dis-ads
  • Is technically owned by Square(square-enix), so he would likely be a third-party character, and with the limited amount of spots, many people would rather have other third-party characters in

• Sakurai stated that Geno wouldn't take up a third party spot because he's part of the Mario Universe.

They both can get in. Contrary to popular opinion, there is no set amount of Mario characters until the game is released. They both can make it.[/emphasize point]

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Uplifting Wikipedia as if it were the most dependable source out there... Yeah... Also, saying that Bowser played a minor role in Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros is laughable at best. Bowser Jr acted as a pawn in both games and went of his father's wishes. In other words, he can't be called the main antagonist because he wasn't acting independently. It's like saying Zant was the main villian of Twilight Princess or Birdo was the main villian of Super Mario Bros 2. In Super Mario Galaxy, he once again asks as a pawn and you only truely fight him once to obtain the 4th Grand Star.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Will, eh?
Well, I think that "someone else" will be Geno.

act as =/= is
I have said that before.
They clearly say he acts as the main villian. Much how Link "acts as" the hero of the LoZ games. . . means the same thing. Say he is the main villian.

Act:
1 a: the doing of a thing : deed b: something done voluntarily
2: a state of real existence rather than possibility
3: the formal product of a legislative body : statute; also : a decision or determination of a sovereign, a legislative council, or a court of justice
4: the process of doing : action <caught in the act>

No way you look around it does "act" means he only "pertened" to be the main villian well Browser "really was". It even states Bowser had a minor role in both games.

D

Deleted member

But see,
Link is the hero like how Bowser was the main villain.

Like Fatmanonice said, BJ did not work independently. He had his dad on his side to help him with stuff. He was a supporting villain. Not the main villain.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It's possible for a villain that has the minor roll to be the main villain in the game. Does archnemesis and noob villain mean anything to you fellas?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I reather see Bowser Jr. because he was in a lot of Mario games and my favorite Mario character. Geno is almost my least, no offence fans.
So Bowser Jr's going to be playable because he's your favorite character? God, you've got to love that logic... I have several thousand Daisy and Waluigi fans that'd like to talk to you...

Black/Light

Smash Master
But see,

Like Fatmanonice said, BJ did not work independently. He had his dad on his side to help him with stuff. He was a supporting villain. Not the main villain.
1, I wouldn't side with Fatmanonice on anything in this topic seeing how his whole list early in the thread got owned and now he tries to bite off someone's head cause they perfer BJ. (In fact, Im not paying attention to him)

2, Just cause BJ had some help from big papa doesn't mean he was a side villian. Like I said, a crap load of people are calling him the main villian for a reason.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Uplifting Wikipedia as if it were the most dependable source out there... Yeah... Also, saying that Bowser played a minor role in Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros is laughable at best. Bowser Jr acted as a pawn in both games and went of his father's wishes. In other words, he can't be called the main antagonist because he wasn't acting independently. It's like saying Zant was the main villian of Twilight Princess or Birdo was the main villian of Super Mario Bros 2. In Super Mario Galaxy, he once again asks as a pawn and you only truely fight him once to obtain the 4th Grand Star.
Galaxy was his only unimportant villain/henchmen role, but calling him a pawn is just plain stupid.
But see,

How is BJ a supporting villain?! It was him who got the paintbrush and set up Mario in Sunshine, and it was him who kidnapped Peach in both games. If Bowser was the main enemy, he would have stolen Peach, not BJ.
So Bowser Jr's going to be playable because he's your favorite character? God, you've got to love that logic... I have several thousand Daisy and Waluigi fans that'd like to talk to you...
Stop being a **** fatman.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Galaxy was his only unimportant villain/henchmen role, but calling him a pawn is just plain stupid.
Right, Bowser Jr. is Bowser's right hand man, and he's an accompliss. It's kind like uh......a Dr. Evil and Mini Me relationship. Family naturally doesn't get called a pawn or minion.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I'd rather Bowser Jr in brawl also.

Right, Bowser Jr. is Bowser's right hand man, and he's an accompliss. It's kind like uh......a Dr. Evil and Mini Me relationship. Family naturally doesn't get called a pawn or minion.
Bowser Jr has been seen to do things on his own, and because of this Bowser usually joins in.. So I think they are partners, similar to Donkey Kong and Diddy kong.

D

Deleted member

It's some what true. Bowser Jr. is Bowser's pawn.

How is BJ a supporting villain?! It was him who got the paintbrush and set up Mario in Sunshine, and it was him who kidnapped Peach in both games. If Bowser was the main enemy, he would have stolen Peach, not BJ.

Bowser obviously did something to make Bowser Jr. do it. Besides, Nintendo didn't want the same thing happening over and over and over again. They wanted to add more to sunshine rather than Bowser stealing Peach. Instead they had Bwser Jr. to add a little spice to the game or else it'd be boring and would be another Mario 64 except it's a different setting.

Stop being a **** fatman.
He only speaks what seems true and right. He's just caling him a pawn because, well, he is a pawn.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowser Jr is not a Pawn, you don't see Goomba's developing the plot of a game like bowser jr.
Bowser uses Jr. like he uses any other one of his minions. He considers them ALL disposable pawns

D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr is not a Pawn, you don't see Goomba's developing the plot of a game like bowser jr.
But when he means pawn, he means that BJ can't independently work on his own without Papa Bowser or Daddy or whatever the hell BJ calls him.

D

Deleted member

Whether he is a "pawn" or not, is not really important, the important thing is that he has major roles in recent Mario games, something Geno can't say.

Geno had one major role that BJ will never out major...

Um... I think y'all understand what I am saying...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Bowser uses Jr. like he uses any other one of his minions. He considers them ALL disposable pawns
In New Super Mario bros, Bowser Jr was the main antagonist He captured peach on his own will and "used" bowser as a boss, Mario chased Bowser Jr across the game. Bowser Jr did not help bowser fight Mario until the end which means Bowser Jr was clearly running the show throughout the entire game.

Bowser Jr thought peach was his mom in Mario Sunshine, so on his own will he captured Peach.. and framed Mario.. Only at the end is Bowser really shown along with Bowser Jr, whose intentions were to have his family together.

Bowser Jr even stated in Mario Galaxy he did not follow his dad's orders or Need him, He has his own anger towards Mario which causes him to fight mario, with or without his dad.

Bowser Jr is not a Pawn, if anything hes becoming as important of an enemy as Bowser himself.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In New Super Mario bros, Bowser Jr was the main antagonist He captured peach on his own will and "used" bowser as a boss, Mario chased Bowser Jr across the game. Bowser Jr did not help bowser fight Mario until the end which means Bowser Jr was clearly running the show throughout the entire game.

Bowser Jr thought peach was his mom in Mario Sunshine, so on his own will he captured Peach.. and framed Mario.. Only at the end is Bowser really shown along with Bowser Jr, whose intentions were to have his family together.

Bowser Jr even stated in Mario Galaxy he did not follow his dad's orders or Need him, He has his own anger towards Mario which causes him to fight mario, with or without his dad.

Bowser Jr is not a Pawn, if anything hes becoming as important of an enemy as Bowser himself.
Bowser was just mixing it up, and learned from his mistakes...letting Jr. be in charge is the only time Bowser actually died...

D

Deleted member

Yeah and BJ had three... your point? and whether or not Geno's role "out majors" BJ's is pure opinion.
So, you're saying that BJ's roles "out majoring" Geno's one role is an opinion and vice versa?

I can live with that. It kinda relates to the Who's more Popular thing.

D

Deleted member

Please, the only reason Geno is part of this debate is because of the polls, without them it would be BJ no question.
And without the fans he wouldn't be on the polls and Geno has a ton of fans.

Top Bottom