• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot?

D

Deleted member

But Bowser is the one that wants Mario killed out of everybody, am I right? Just because Bowser Jr. had more more roles in the game and had more time being seen does not make him the main villain.

I'm playing it but I haven't beaten it.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
either way, the final battle is fighting against both bowser jr and bowser at the same time, and i wouldnt say they reversed roles

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
But Bowser is the one that wants Mario killed out of everybody, am I right? Just because Bowser Jr. had more more roles in the game and had more time being seen does not make him the main villain.

I'm playing it but I haven't beaten it.
From Wikipedia-

"Bowser Jr., known in Japan as Koopa Jr. (クッパJr., Kuppa Junia?) (not to be confused with Baby Bowser in Super Mario World 2), is the child of Bowser that debuted in Super Mario Sunshine. He acts as the main antagonist of both Super Mario Sunshine (where he first appears as Shadow Mario) and New Super Mario Bros., with his father only playing a minor role in each."

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Last I checked, Bowser was the main villain in every game BJ was in.
Junior's is regarded as the main antagonist of both Super Mario Sunshine and the New Super Mario Bros. Yes, Bowser was the final boss of both games (along side Junior I might add), though don't get "final boss" confused with "main antagonist/villain.'

acts as =/= is
Uh, yes it does. Anyone with a firm understanding of the English language would know that.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
Junior's is regarded as the main antagonist of both Super Mario Sunshine and the New Super Mario Bros. Yes, Bowser was the final boss of both games (along side Junior I might add), though don't get "final boss" confused with "main antagonist/villain.'
thats like sayin Zant is the main villain of TP

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Because Ganon doesnt appear for long part of the game sort of like bowser in sunshine but he is still regarded as the main villain despite Zant doing a lot more.

more screentime=/=main villain
Final boss =/= main villain.

You're still making an empty claim, and I still don't see any reasoning backing that claim.

So...
If I act as a main villain for Ratchet & Clank would that make me the main villain?
Um, what?

D

Deleted member

But Ganondorf is the one behind everything, while Junior was the one who plotted everything in his games.
So?
Zant planned everything for the twilight to rule the world. Ganon just acted as a God for Zant.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So?
Zant planned everything for the twilight to rule the world. Ganon just acted as a God for Zant.
Ganondorf planned for Zant to take over the light world, just as he planned his return. Without him, Zant was nothing.

Sorry, double post.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I always thought that "last boss" means "main villain." And I don't mean any of that special boss stuff either. So I see now, the antagonist that gives the protagonist the most trouble is the villain or anti hero of that game. Makes sense enough.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I would rather see Geno in ssbb, just to get some more unique characters in the roster. Personally, I like Geno more than Bowser Jr., but sadly, I think that Jr. would get the spot, seeing as he has been in a lot more mario games than Geno has.

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
so you are sayin that zant is the main villain of tp?
No, I'm not talking about TP. In TP, Ganon manipulated every action Zant made to fit his own plans. In Sunshine, Junior made his own plans to capture Peach (and frame Mario), and then enacted those plans. Thus, making Bowser Jr the main antagonist of the game.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Both becuase mario will get 6 rep becuase it is nintedo bigest games and will most than likely get at 6 reps.

So it should be Paper Mario or Geno for the last spot.

D

Deleted member

No, I'm not talking about TP. In TP, Ganon manipulated every action Zant made to fit his own plans. In Sunshine, Junior made his own plans to capture Peach (and frame Mario), and then enacted those plans. Thus, making Bowser Jr the main antagonist of the game.
Actually, in TP it seemed more that Bowser Jr. was presured to kidnap Peach because Bowser told him that Peach was his mama so Bowser can have her all to himself.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I would rather see Geno in ssbb, just to get some more unique characters in the roster. Personally, I like Geno more than Bowser Jr., but sadly, I think that Jr. would get the spot, seeing as he has been in a lot more mario games than Geno has.
Yeah I agree with this a lot. If I had to guess I'd would say BJ. If it was my personal preference it would be Geno.

D

Deleted member

Both becuase mario will get 6 rep becuase it is nintedo bigest games and will most than likely get at 6 reps.

So it should be Paper Mario or Geno for the last spot.
It's funny how you assume BJ is getting the 5th spot.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Bowser Junior.

Geno supporters annoy me, and it usually takes a lot to annoy me.

It's funny how you assume BJ is getting the 5th spot.
No its not.

Last I checked, Bowser was the main villain in every game BJ was in.

A lot of people say that Bowser Jr. is more popular than Geno but how do we know if that is true? For all we know, it could be the other way around but we can't really judge who is more popular than who. I've heard people say that the Koopa Kids are more popular but we don't know that for sure.

Maybe kids know Bowser Jr. more than Geno but adults and older teens know who Geno is.

I ask my brothers:
"Do you know Bowser Jr.?"
They say yes.
"Do you know Geno?"
They say "Who?"

Than I asked my older cousin the same questions.
"Do you know Bowser Jr.?"
"Um... I heard of Baby Bower but no, not really."
"Do you know Geno?"
He said yes.
Wow. An assumption coupled with a two person survey.

No need to pull something out of thin air to strengthen Geno's case.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, 5 reps is good.

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Someone else

I know Mario is the biggest franchise to Nintendo but really, is that a solid excuse to have 6 or 7? It's best to save room for other characters from franchises or people to represent franchises like Olimar or Ray 01 or Isaac.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
And... without Bowser?

You should see where I am going from here.
Bowser wasn't directly involved, BJ still could of done it without him.
I think we need a poll. simple enough.

1. Geno
2. Baby Bowser/Shadow Mario

It'd be one of the most heated polls on Smashboards.
Bowser Jr., not baby Bowser.
Who cares what spot he gets in just as long as he makes it. & if it takes 6, heck, even 7 Mario Reps to get Jr. in there, well, sacrifices from other franchises must be made.:cool:
As long as it's not Metroid who suffers:cool:

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Actually, in TP it seemed more that Bowser Jr. was presured to kidnap Peach because Bowser told him that Peach was his mama so Bowser can have her all to himself.
Bowser may have pushed Junior a little to capture Peach, but he was in no way involved in the plans themself to capture her. Neither was he involved in enacting those plans. In fact, he wasn't directly involved in capturing Peach at all. He was merely the final boss along side Junior. Bowser Jr opposed/antagonized Mario (the protagonist) every step of the way throughout the entire game, on top of making the plans.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, 5 reps is good.

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Someone else

I know Mario is the biggest franchise to Nintendo but really, is that a solid excuse to have 6 or 7? It's best to save room for other characters from franchises or people to represent franchises like Olimar or Ray 01 or Isaac.
I think 6 is good.

Also Ray is AT sorry,.

Top Bottom