• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno in Brawl. O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was a really good edit, except for the Geno model. Other than that, I think this could fool most of the 12 year old brawlers as long as the author didn't admit to editing it.

The problem being that everyone who knows who Geno is cannot be 12. Isn't the game like 11 years old? If so they are some very skilled babies!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

The problem being that everyone who knows who Geno is cannot be 12. Isn't the game like 11 years old? If so they are some very skilled babies!
I meant believing that there was a super secret unlockable character that makes the game crash. Besides, with all the kids running around the gamefaqs Brawl boards waiting for the game, who knows?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Whooooooooooooooooooooooa... that's a crazy *** hack. He shoulda been a part of the original team to make Brawl if he pulled that off.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
... then go onto a computer and use really good editing skills to make it look like geno is in brawl.
That made me laugh. :laugh:

this guy should make a smash movie if he could do this
Only...movies are normally animated. Geno was nothing more than a picture.

Also, he disabled comments on the video...probably because everyone saw through his farce. IF it were real and he really wanted to see if anyone else had pulled it off he would've kept comments on.
Not that he was believable anyways...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That's awesome. I bet that will fool more people then the fake Zelda movie!
Which was freaking awesome!

Also, bleh at Geno. I don't see why people say he's so awesome. He's just some ugly looking Pinocchio who can use some magic lasers. <_<
Besides he's owned by Square, so yea.

The video is editted pretty well, though.

majora_787

Smash Hero
THAT was awesome. If I had seen that before Brawl I would be looking forward to Geno until release. :laugh:

If they can do Ridley or the forbidden 7 that well, that would be the best thing to fanboys/girls ever.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Because then he'd have to have the announcer really say his name, which he can't do since its a fake.
Really? I thought it was impossible because Geno's name is impossible to pronounce for humans? I read that SOMEWHERE, I think it was the mario wiki...

And I mean his REAL name, anyone can pronounce 'Geno.'

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...Yeah, that's what I mean. By putting in the random symbols, the maker of the video doesn't need to have announcer say Geno's name when he is selected. If they had his named just spelled out as "Geno" though, then there would be no excuse for his name not being said. Thus he chose the name that couldn't be pronounced, since he couldn't edit the sound.

Rawrior

Smash Apprentice
...Yeah, that's what I mean. By putting in the random symbols, the maker of the video doesn't need to have announcer say Geno's name when he is selected. If they had his named just spelled out as "Geno" though, then there would be no excuse for his name not being said. Thus he chose the name that couldn't be pronounced, since he couldn't edit the sound.
"geno" is a fake name anyways, so if he put "geno" it would also look suspicious, because nintendo wouldnt do that... or would they?

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
What really makes me chuckle about this is all the people who go in actually expecting some super-secret method to unlocking Geno. It is SO good for a laugh. Whoever did this should do Mega Man next!

Of course, then I'd be heartbroken, since he was my most wanted.:(

Pieman0920

Smash Master
"geno" is a fake name anyways, so if he put "geno" it would also look suspicious, because nintendo wouldnt do that... or would they?
Solid Snake isn't the Snake's real name, its just the name he's mostly known as. A simmilar principle applies to Toon Link, Captain Falcon, and Pokemon Trainer. Geno is Geno to basically everyone, because its a name that can actually be spoken, and what he was reffered to as through virtually the whole game. If he was in Smash, they'd use the name Geno, and any argument otherwise is just foolish. Plus, if you want to get all huffy that its his real name, I remind you that the "real" name he was given in the English version is different from the Japanese, while Geno is constant through both.

Revven

FrankerZ
While yes the other things that people pointed out that makes this video fake/edited are true, if nobody noticed them and believed it to be real the underlying thing that would seal the deal as fake would be the part where it "freezes". Games don't freeze like that, much less Brawl. Brawl, when using codes and doing something the game can't do naturally and it freezes, you hear a buzzing sound. No sounds are repeated constantly, the song doesn't stop at where it is, when the match starts and it happens to freeze on "GO!" the announcing sound doesn't repeat with "G-G-GO-G-GO-G-GO!" It just either has a loud buzzing sound OR no sound at all.

If he really wanted to make this believable, he'd get the buzzing the sound instead. That's what would make me believe it was fake if everything else was actually pretty "real". But, they aren't, and so this is just another piece of evidence that it's fake.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
If he really wanted to make this believable
Obviously, if he really wanted to make this believable, he wouldn't have created it SIX MONTHS after the game's been out, when people have already dissected the game 100% for a while.

Revven

FrankerZ
Obviously, if he really wanted to make this believable, he wouldn't have created it SIX MONTHS after the game's been out, when people have already dissected the game 100% for a while.
That too. :laugh:

You watch, this becomes the next Toad in Melee and people start asking for Geno in Brawl Ocarina codes. ;)

Zodiac

Smash Master
Well, its entirely possible to fake that with after effects +Photo shop and a good Editing program.. but it looks **** good in every way.

Oh yea heres my generic comment for 98% of the people here

"OMG FAKE! HAXOR OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! EDITING OMG FAKE FAKE FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL!!!! FDFJD!!!!!!!"

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You watch, this becomes the next Toad in Melee and people start asking for Geno in Brawl Ocarina codes. ;)
Yeah, probably. But it's bound to happen every game where things are unlockable if it's popular, because there's always some morons out there who actually think they're funny by doing that, and then there's the hundreds of morons that actually believe it and spread it, etc.

Oh god. To this day, people ask me if I've unlocked Toad.
Haha! You serious? Luckily, I don't think anyone I know is stupid enough to fall for it...well, that's not true. But none of them have asked me about it, at least.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Yeah, probably. But it's bound to happen every game where things are unlockable if it's popular, because there's always some morons out there who actually think they're funny by doing that, and then there's the hundreds of morons that actually believe it and spread it, etc.
I'd bet money another thread will be started because a new poster will see this video.

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
wait, is this guy european? That's the only chance of it being real. They got SMRPG on VC last Friday.

So the only potential way i can think of for this to not be a fake:

1. SMRPG comes with geno without even telling us, or maybe like a part or something (why the game freezes)

2. This person downloaded it

3. They have a messed up wii clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom