• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Fatman has no reason to lie about anything tbh. He's been here for 15 years with all of which have been dedicated to this character during Brawl drumming up hype despite third parties being a new concept, after the mii in smash 4 and i presume after the mii returning in Ultimate. People saying that Fatman is some silly cult leader trying to convince people Geno is likely are either mislead by users goig into other threads and just talking about stuff he says (ive seen that happen a lot in Newcom Spec) or are just grossly underestimating his passion for the character and not looking beyond that. While he has been costume'd, we have been here before. Brawl (not myself) and 4. Even if he has been deconfirmed, keeping the train going is a good idea as if it was anything else, it would be give up all hope. Its just gross misinterpretations coming from several ends of people coming in
No, you fool, Fatman has every reason to lie. He strings along poor Geno supporters in his quest for likes on a website that is the internet equivalent of a gas station cafe on a long stretch of country road.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
All I know is the pain I felt yesterday upon seeing that Mii Outfit return..wasn't even my OWN pain, because I was never attached to Geno as much as many others, but it was like feeling the same exact pain that I felt when seeing King K. Rool get Mii'd... That was a sad day...indeed. Luckily, Geno fits more with the Mii stature, but still... I never forget days like yesterday.. and for all you guys, I def will never forget how I'm sure that felt..

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You are god damned right I wouldnt touch Smash 6 if they cut out all my favs. If they make a smash 6 and cut Villager, Byleth, pichu, Terry,Sephiroth, Joker, ect, Smash 6 would be dead to me
I could see a good number of my mains getting cut in the next game if half of the roster get's cut. But I would still be willing to play Smash 6 if more of my wants get in and all the missing modes from the past games like Break the Targets, Board the Platform, Smash Run, and Boss Rush Mode all come back.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
To change topics and to try to get people to focus on the future, we've still got 3 more characters left to go through. How about we focus on who FP9's identity might be?
It's hard to predict who it's going to be, but I would say Ryu Hayabusa. I feel like February/March would be perfect for him.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
To change topics and to try to get people to focus on the future, we've still got 3 more characters left to go through. How about we focus on who FP9's identity might be?
That's true. I can still root for my other favorites!
Like Isaac, skull kid, shadow, travis.... Dante?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
No, you fool, Fatman has every reason to lie. He strings along poor Geno supporters in his quest for likes on a website that is the internet equivalent of a gas station cafe on a long stretch of country road.
Yes, he's been lying to us for the last 15 years. Before us, it was whom who dared support Geno in Smash 4, and before they it was those who dared support him for Brawl and maybe even more as the lack of documentation make it suffice to say its inconclusive. Where are they now, hmm, those who supported and made blood bond to support Geno as long as they shall hmm, like the inscrptions suggest. Fatman is feeding them to a higher up deity in order to settle this merciless beast, human sacrifices. Geno is this beast and is supported so that when they are lead on, its in a belief they put their all into.

(insert trust no one meme here)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Being a leaker just means you have inside information that you say from time to time. Fatman does do this.

Him using the information to post theories is just taking leaked information and presenting it in a different fashion.

That's not an issue. That doesn't mean he isn't a leaker. It just means he isn't here to only leak information. He speculates based upon leaked information. It's not that strange. The only difference between our speculation and his is that he has more inside information than us. We're no different, just less in the know.

There's no problem here.

And yeah, why do we care if he might have a source or two with bad information that much? Big deal. Tons of leakers/insiders get bad information. Just let it go. There's also a difference from disagreeing with him about it and acting mean to him about it Too many people are doing the latter instead of the former.

It's why I have a lot of respect for him. He makes theories based upon his inside information, and presents it not as a fact, but just as his observations and opinions. That's actually pretty cool. It might get off-topic a little, but let me say this as someone who is helping on a Smash fangame. I wish I could say the information I have, but I know damn well how bad that is. Fatmanonice is lucky because he's allowed to speak more on it than others are. Sure, his theories can easily be wrong. But who doesn't get things wrong anyway? Frankly, I have a hard time seeing him as an issue. I would rather call out the sources for either getting their company or themselves in trouble if anyone. The people who say it, while I won't deny aren't helping this issue, aren't "bad' by any means.

This is also why leak culture can suck a lot. Many just want to throw others under a bus cause they got something wrong. It's not as simple as "No, we don't trust/they're not credible anymore" either. That's, you know, fair. But that's not often what happens. Look at this situation here. Regardless of FMOI being a leaker who theorycrafts, how many actually care that he's just saying what he heard and is theorycrafting based upon that in particular? Seriously. It's not about being right or wrong here. It's about acting like decent human beings no matter what happens.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, the next official Smash Amiibo wave is in March, which makes me think the reveal-release schedule will go back to "normal" in 2021 meaning an average 2-2.5 month gap. If god takes pity upon us, the next reveal will hopefully be January.

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
Honestly (dont hate me for this) I dont really care anymore. Genos gone and he was the only character I really wanted. The only other character I can think of is porky but nintendos never gonna include him. I'm probably going to be way less into smash speculation going forward. It's just been ruined for me.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I don’t see Smash 6 being this downgrade from Ultimate people like to make it out as just because of the Everyone Is Here roster not happening again, it’s meant to be a once in a lifetime chance so we have to savour the moment and even if that sucks, more Smash games are inevitable.
It’s not some epic tv show or movie that has a grand tear-jerking series finale, it’s a video game product that’s meant to sell and ensure business in the industry for Nintendo.

I’ll be very hyped for Smash 6 if it means a huge number of base newcomers again, making Subspace 2, bringing back Trophies, Target Test, Board The Platforms and many other modes over Corrin or Dr Mario coming back lol.

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Square and Enix aren't separate companies with separate teams: they are one company after the merger many years ago.
Ignoring all the Smash nonsense, this is actually true. Square and Enix are different entities and everything with Dragon Quest is an entirely different beast with Armor Project/Bird Studio/Sugiyama coming in the mix with literally every game, even spin-offs. They are the same company, but the teams that work on Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are not the same.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly (dont hate me for this) I dont really care anymore. Genos gone and he was the only character I really wanted. The only other character I can think of is porky but nintendos never gonna include him. I'm probably going to be way less into smash speculation going forward. It's just been ruined for me.
Why don't you join the Pig Mask Army today comrade? It wouldn't hurt to support the Porky thread if you really want him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We know nothing and insiders know nothing, and Sakurai clearly intends to do anything we least expect, so it could happen. Anything could happen, but I will make the bold prediction that Sephiroth is the peak of this pass, the hype man who outdid even Steve. It's all downhill from here, they absolutely cannot outdo this one.

When you look at it like that, a first party character like Porky would be right in line with 10 or 11.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I could see a good number of my mains getting cut in the next game if half of the roster get's cut. But I would still be willing to play Smash 6 if more of my wants get in and all the missing modes from the past games like Break the Targets, Board the Platform, Smash Run, and Boss Rush Mode all come back.
I wouldnt touch smash 6 with a 10 foot pole personally. They can add break the targets back and everything but if they get cut, nope. Not even if a friends most wanted got in and they want me to play it

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"God is dead and within the long casting shadows of his bones we see the world for what it really is." Pretty sure existential dread/angst is a requirement of Smash speculation so welcome aboard.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Don't the next amiibo's launch in March? 2 month gap is too perfect and combine that with amiibo theory and the ARMS announcement earlier this year, then, y'know. Unless we get a February direct like last year but that depends if they even exist anymore

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
We know nothing and insiders know nothing, and Sakurai clearly intends to do anything we least expect, so it could happen. Anything could happen, but I will make the bold prediction that Sephiroth is the peak of this pass, the hype man who outdid even Steve. It's all downhill from here, they absolutely cannot outdo this one.

When you look at it like that, a first party character like Porky would be right in line with 10 or 11.
This, I don’t think even requested characters like Dante or Crash could top the craze of Sephiroth because of his unexpected reveal.

I don’t see anyone else topping him unless they go outside the boundaries and straight up add someone like Kratos or Ratchet & Clank (which would be hype as hell).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wouldnt touch smash 6 with a 10 foot pole personally. They can add break the targets back and everything but if they get cut, nope. Not even if a friends most wanted got in and they want me to play it
I know what it was like losing one of my mains as I lost Mewtwo in Brawl and I felt that pain heavily. But we can't keep up this HUGE *** roster forever and cuts will be necessary to add newcomers and more content in future Smashes.

I'm not going to reenlist, you won't fool me again!
What now?

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
This is a complete shot in the dark, a total hail-mary, an absolute one-in-a-million, but...

Throughout the entire course of this DLC speculation cycle, a common thing seems to always crop up.

"Why would Nintendo do x? It just doesn't make sense!" -- Which then proceeds to turn into: "Wow, Nintendo did x, even though it didn't make sense at all!"

And, of course, what I'm seeing a lot of posts say is "Geno just got the Smash 4 Mii Costume. Why would Nintendo suddenly have a character after that? It doesn't make sense, we have the costume."

So... if Nintendo's just been making a bunch of wacky, out-of-left-field 'this-doesn't-make-sense' decisions, then... Maybe this is another one of those times? It doesn't make sense, but of course, that's why Nintendo would do it?

The game is over, I have nothing to lose because I'm still getting a costume at the end of the day that I'm going to purchase and enjoy, but at the same time, I think I'm going to lean whole hog into the possibility that they're gonna have the character done, despite the costume, because it just doesn't make any sense for them to do it like that at all.

And doing things that don't make sense is all they've been doing.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
This is kind of where I'm at right now. Isaac is dead, Geno is dead, Knuckles is dead....the only character left that I would have been hyped for is Sephiroth, but now that he's in, I have nothing left to speculate for. After everything is said and done, I've learned that Sakurai and Nintendo will do whatever the hell they want for better or for worse. All we can do is vote with our wallet and give them the big middle finger if they throw us crap we don't like, then hope they get the message. That's really all we can do and all they really care about in the end.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I wasn't a huge fan of Geno, but I still wanted him in. Mostly for all of you. So many people, including myself, would've never learned about and/or played the amazing SMRPG if it weren't for the Smash community and threads like this one. At the end of the day, I feel that makes this movement worth it.

I said it before and I'll say it again, your feelings are valid. We'll get through even this in time.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I mean, even if the Mii costume fan rule doesn't die in this game, Eggman could still happen. If can't get Knuckles, I would be up for Eggman.
You know, I'd be cool with Eggman. He could be really interesting. I'm just bummed because Knuckles is not only my favorite Sonic character, but frankly I think he fits Smash even better than Sonic does. He could actually brawl instead of being just a cancerous spin dash/homing attack machine.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Man, I know it’s unlikely, but I hope one day that the person who made the Cacomallow leak comes forward and gives public access to the models. As bitter as I am, I’ll give props to them for making such polished Mii gear that looked like they fit right in for the actual game.
That person will most likely never come forward. It would be like if the Grinch leaker came forward which is never EVER happening.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Ok real talk: I know we already discussed this but I think those statements regarding the Mario universe being “consistent” and the statements by Tanabe about unique characters really make me think they are the reason why Geno isn’t in. I mean, not counting cameos and rereleases, does anyone know when the last time Toadsworth appeared in a Mario game? It’s felt like way too long considering his importance.

D

Deleted member

This is kind of where I'm at right now. Isaac is dead, Geno is dead, Knuckles is dead....the only character left that I would have been hyped for is Sephiroth, but now that he's in, I have nothing left to speculate for. After everything is said and done, I've learned that Sakurai and Nintendo will do whatever the hell they want for better or for worse. All we can do is vote with our wallet and give them the big middle finger if they throw us crap we don't like, then hope they get the message. That's really all we can do and all they really care about in the end.
Masked Man literally impossible, Isaac presumed dead, Geno presumed dead, Zero presumed dead, Django literally impossible, Lloyd MIA, Agumon probably impossible.

I have some stuff to look forward to but after nearly two decades of looking forward to Geno first and foremost I don't think I even want to anymore.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Ok real talk: I know we already discussed this but I think those statements regarding the Mario universe being “consistent” and the statements by Tanabe about unique characters really make me think they are the reason why Geno isn’t in. I mean, not counting cameos and rereleases, does anyone know when the last time Toadsworth appeared in a Mario game? It’s felt like way too long considering his importance.
And they killed off Koopa Kid from Mario Party, and no I don’t care that Bowser Jr. is similar, I like Koopa Kid

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Honestly, Smash speculation has been a problem for years, from Brawl and maybe even during Melee. Some general discussion on various forums become restricted and cliquey, where a group of users constantly control discussion and run out opinions on characters that they don't like. If you counter them, they get downright petty quickly.

Ultimate may have been the worse, whereas there was a very vocal chunk of fans expressing happiness and excitement over new characters, there was a just as large group loudly cheering when fan hopefuls were deconfirmed; they were more excited over who didn't make it. And that's not even getting into the debacle of the specific reactions to the September 2018 Direct being delayed due to an earthquake or the Grinch Lie where companies were being harassed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That person will most likely never come forward. It would be like if the Grinch leaker came forward which is never EVER happening.
It's impossible to recreate an exact model, so claiming it is fruitless. Unless they recorded the original creation process, they can't even prove it. You can't actually recreate a model 1:1, just get close. This is why Gamefreak reused and touched up various models for SwSh instead. It's also why the various costumes we got back in Ultimate are updated a little, but clearly are using the old one as a base. They're more polished, but you can tell how similar it is. It'd take more time to recreate them from scratch.

It sucks too. They did a super amazing job(though the recording itself was bad quality), and they should've recorded their overall work and showed it to people. Imagine the updated hacking that could be done. We could be swimming in really cool custom costumes now. ...And for that matter, a better Geno. XD

Firox

Smash Master
Masked Man literally impossible, Isaac presumed dead, Geno presumed dead, Zero presumed dead, Django literally impossible, Lloyd MIA, Agumon probably impossible.

I have some stuff to look forward to but after nearly two decades of looking forward to Geno first and foremost I don't think I even want to anymore.
I hear you. The list of the dead and presumed dead is so freaking long I get depressed just by thinking about it. There's a pretty big reason why people want so badly for the fan rules to die as well. Only by breaking precedents can our most wanteds ever have a shot now.

My list of dead wanteds:
-Geno
-Isaac
-Knuckles
-Shadow
-Zero
-Megaman X
-Protoman
-Ghirahim
-Demise
-Bomberman
-Travis
-Sceptile and Scizor (technically not confirmed, but pretty much)
-Krystal

I offer you all a solemn salute. May you rest in peace and find rest in Valhalla...or Brawlhalla, if they'll have you.

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Toadsworth's last game I believe was Dream Team, the last new game anyway. I also want to bring up that Nintendo themselves were already on the path to sterilizing Mario as early as 2011 if Sticker Star was anything to go by. If they're that strict with an IP they own, imagine how many hearts on the Mario Quality Assurance Team skipped a beat when they saw Super Mario RPG. Given how things are with all three Mario RPG IP's, the costume coming back is a miracle and that is sadly saying something.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed. I’m just happy someone made a very good Smash mod for him
Didn't Koopa Kid reappear in Mario Party 5, while Sunshine was still a thing? So he wasn't completely removed, but overall replaced a bit later on.

It's sad too. I feel they made a great general character to use, especially as the Party games don't need to use all 7 Koopalings either. Also, he was clearly a stand-in for them, since they were also called the Koopa Kids(which they aren't even Bowser's children, so. YMMV on how good a decision that is).

The good news is we actually have 9 Koopa-based children. Though I think Koopa Kid has 3 different colors, so more like 11?

Back on track, though, Koopa Kid should appear in a SMRPG sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom