• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Another thing I find curious is that, the Smash reveal was literately the very first thing to be shown off at TGA. What if... there is still yet another surprise character reveal near the end (just like an E3 Direct would have)? 👀 Let's see this through.
They also showed Sephiroth taking on another form at the end there. Could pick that up from another trailer, but I don't know I have good high hopes.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sephiroth over Geno is bad

Sephiroth over Geno AND Sora is a middle finger to any shred of decency
No it's not because Sephiroth is one of the most iconic gaming villains of all time right up there with Bowser and Dr. Eggman. He's literally more iconic than all the other villains in the roster excluding Bowser. Sephiroth is well deserved to be in.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Lol I'm so glad I took a break from speculation and this forum in general.

GG, guys. Hopefully the other 3 characters are more up my alley I guess.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Now we're gonna be the laughing stock of every forum thread out their.
I wouldn't say that, this thread is awesome. There's a reason it's the most popular on this forum. I'm very disappointed though, but I should've known Square would've chose their big icons over Geno. I'll still get Seph tho he's not so bad.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I’m glad we got Sephiroth, he’s a top tier villain.
But man, my heart is hurting for Geno. So. Damn. Hard.

To the Geno thread, thank you guys for everything. There’s a chance Geno’s costume may not return but I’m not doing that myself.
I’ve enjoyed the memes, wholesome posts, and overall optimism that you guys never gave up. We may not have gotten our wish this time, but there’s always next game.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Now well have to deal with an onslaught of people acting as if we are all some kind of toxic fans. Like im not mad, im just... defeated, like dang. Im happy for those who wanted this, but dang... there went my most wanted, geno, and my third most wanted, neku, as well as sora whos like my 4th or 5th most wanted. Like just... damn.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
A villain was very much needed, and sephiroth ain’t a bad choice. I wonder if the switch will see ff7 once we get a more performance geared model.

I wouldn’t really give up hope just yet though.

I doubt Nintendo cares too much about the companies they get their characters from. The costume could still be missing.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I wouldn't say that, this thread is awesome. There's a reason it's the most popular on this forum. I'm very disappointed though, but I should've known Square would've chose their big icons over Geno. I'll still get Seph tho he's not so bad.
Oh yeah, I absolutely love this thread and the people in it. I just can't believe this is really the end.

If their is one positive thing I can say about Sephiroth, its that I am really happy that One Winged Angel is going to be a song in Smash because I really love that song, but Sephiroth getting included felt like a million slaps to the face to not only just us, but fans of other Square characters as well.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Tbh even besides Geno I would've taken Sora or Crono I think. At this point I just think that as perhaps the last Smash game of this scale I want as much variety as possible. The fact that they went with not only another Final Fantasy character as opposed to a unique series without representation, but a Final Fantasy character from the exact same game as Cloud feels... anticlimactic to me.

But hey, it could be worse, at least Sephiroth is a good villain regardless of whether or not I think he should be in Smash.

drewber2635

Smash Cadet
It’s not over until the fat lady sings my guys. Geno’s chances have drastically dropped sure, but there is still a chance. And who is to say Square-Enix won’t allow 2 of their characters in this pass? We’ll have to see. Luckily we wont have to wait long to see about the costume because Sephiroth is dropping this month!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I know it seems petty to be this upset about a video game, but I just feel so defeated that it honestly makes me shed a tear. I have waited literal years to get playable Geno, and with all that evidence in his favor, it really feels like Sakurai just doesn't care enough.

Now, here's to being harassed for the next few years about how wrong we were until the next Smash game gets announced, if that even happens.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Per usual, I'm waiting on the costume. Waited until the bitter end with Brawl and Smash 4, I'll do it here too. Being stubborn is my legacy and I'm not letting that up anytime soon.
Agreed. Though this one burnt such a path that Sherman would've blushed, I'm of the old mind set that, it ain't over entirely till it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom