• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm surprised that it's Sephiroth, but I can't say I'm surprised it isn't Geno. I had a feeling.

My only hope is that Geno's costume gets a nice upgrade, but that might be hoping too much. Still, Sephiroth is really sick. I cannot deny that.

Here's hoping Geno comes back some other way. Everyone here better campaign for a SMRPG remake or sequel!

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
We hoped but I seriously doubt we’d get 2 square characters, Geno’s most likely a deluxe mii costume with Sepiroth

I love all the passionate people that I’ve been with through this roller coaster, let’s hope there really is a remake coming at the very least

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, we tried. This is such a sad moment. None of us are angry or enraged though, right?

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
You guys know what's the most sad part? The trailer started exactly like I'd have expected Geno's trailer to be.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, I'm actually very happy about Sephiroth's reveal for many reasons:

1. He was my 2nd most wanted Square-Enix rep.

2. Our first 3rd party villain.

3. He just killed the "No unique secondary 3rd party reps" fan rule.

This is a big win for many of us because characters like Dr. Eggman, Tails, Chun-Li are on the table now.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
As a big Geno supporter, I'm disappointed he won't make it in this time around (I mean, there's really no shot at this point, Squeenix had characters in both passes).

At the end of the day, I guess Sephiroth looks pretty dope and I'm excited to play as him.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too surprised cuz Sakurai keeps shifting the picks to Nintendo.

What I don't get is why it took so long for that Geno Mii costume to show up. I guess it's still theoretically possible for another Square rep but ehhhh who knows.

We will see in the future. He was trending on Twitter on earlier so if there's ever a Smash 6 I think there's a chance (and technically there's still a chance for this pass anyway, but those have gone down a bit). At least Sephiroth looks pretty cool!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
And like we needed another Final Fantasy rep. Seriously, Sephiroth was like the one Square Enix character I would have been mad p****d got in over Geno. Now we're gonna be the laughing stock of every forum thread out their.

Should have known that evidence was too good to be true.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Another thing I find curious is that, the Smash reveal was literately the very first thing to be shown off at TGA. What if... there is still yet another surprise character reveal near the end (just like an E3 Direct would have)? 👀 Let's see this through.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Genuinely the worst possible choice. It's a real shame it wasn't at least Terra, Bartz, or one of the other loved characters throughout the series. Screw the rest of Final Fantasy, VII is all that really matters to S-E. What a sham.
I am actually ok with a villain 3rd party rep but the issue is it’s still freaking final fantasy 7

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that was a bummer. Better to get it out the way than to lead people on. I'm glad I can speak with my wallet though.
And tying Sephiroth with Final Fantasy and not Final Fantasy VII is just disingenuous.

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I do gotta wonder what took the Geno mii costume so long to show up and those random Mario RPG songs missing and all those other hints. Just a coincidence I guess. Don't get why they didn't just release the costume earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom