• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I hope this thread doesn’t go toxic if it isn’t Geno or Doomguy, or dare I say, if it’s Jonesy. All of these characters have fans, so don’t be d-bags just because it’s someone you aren’t a fan of.

Besides, there have been plenty of character reveals that “sucked” who ended up being fun characters. Just enjoy the ride.
If Jonesy gets revealed, I will be the first one to be SO toxic you would think I'm Salazzle with 100% accurate Toxic on ALL Pokemon types.

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
Young Link. Young Link. I disagree about E3 2020 double reveal only making sense only if Volume 3 happens. Let me explain.

Lets say COVID did not happen, and It was an E3 double reveal, and lets say Min Min came out in April. Steve seems to have been pushed forward in our timeline, So I'm going to say whoever is going to get revealed today, would have gotten released in September. That seems very likely. Tonights fighter would release December/January. Fighter #9 would release May/June, Fighter #10 in late August/September, Fighter #11 in November/December. There are many other scenarios that would have worked.

Now lets look at our Timeline.

tonights fighter would release in December/January, Fighter #9 in May/June/July, Fighter #10 in July/August/September, Fighter 11 in November/December.
Read your comment again, it makes no sense.
You said that #6 (Min Min) was going to be released in April 2020, then a double reveal at E3 (#7 and #8), then in September it would be #9 (four characters in 2020 so far), then #10 in December/January, #11 in May/June... you miscalculated, or your explanation ended up being very confusing, please explain it again, because it seems you repeated some fighters throughout your theory.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One of the demons in my head brought this up because Jon Cartwright AKA Jon GameXplain AKA Notorious Leaker Hugh Mungus mentioned it on Twitter:

Disney has an investor's meeting that starts at the same time as the VGAs. It's for journalists and people who pay to watch the stream only. Personally I feel like if Sora was the VGA reveal they wouldn't have this very obvious schedule conflict and deliberately compete for viewers, especially for journalists that specifically cover Disney.

I also agree with his other sentiment "if tonight is any of the 2018 gang, we're good." If not Geno, I would see Waluigi, Ryu, and Lloyd as wins too because then we would have two 2018 Smash rumors finally come true this year and it honestly bodes well for the future, especially since the four of them are from different companies anyways.

Griselda

Smash Lord
...Finally clawed my way through all of the pages that appeared since I went to bed. Feeling like I want to cry or scream or faint.
Just what I needed as soon as I climbed out of bed. :4pacman: That's how you use Pac-Man, right?
Praying for Geno, hoping for anyone who doesn't piss me off. There's been way too much of that piled on me, this last half of 2020, so I'd like to cry happy tears for once, y'know? ..I guess I'll either be starting my work early so I can watch later, or I'll just be multitasking, tonight.

Still hoping for some sort of credible Geno leak in the next few hours, though.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I hope this thread doesn’t go toxic if it isn’t Geno or Doomguy, or dare I say, if it’s Jonesy. All of these characters have fans, so don’t be d-bags just because it’s someone you aren’t a fan of.

Besides, there have been plenty of character reveals that “sucked” who ended up being fun characters. Just enjoy the ride.
As long as no one breaks smashboards rules people are entitled to express any way that they feel in here. It’s weird to regulate that. We all have a right to personal preference

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
As long as no one breaks smashboards rules people are entitled to express any way that they feel in here. It’s weird to regulate that. We all have a right to personal preference
Though under no uncertain terms, if Satan actually gets his way and it is Jonesy Fortnite I'm either gonna quit Smash speculation or you will see biblical levels of rage from me that I'm not sure I've ever shown publicly.

Anyway, my money's on either Geno or Crash showing up tonight.

Last edited:

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
Of course you’re allowed to complain. But just because we’re allowed to be d-bags doesn’t mean people like a d-bag.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I'd be careful with labeling "complaining" with the concept of being a D-bag.

"This bread has mold on it, I don't think that's acceptable to serve to a person."

"Don't be a D-bag."

D

Deleted member

I keep seeing this concept of "Game Awards worthy" coming up and it keeps being equated with "relevant" or "popular"... And it just feels like everyone's forgetting that this character could easily come with a game announcement and therefore immediately become relevant and "worthy" of its spot among the rest of the polished turds at TGA.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
me when I see somebody claiming in 2020 that nintendo added a cloud pattern to the greninja trailer shaped like pacman to foreshadow his premiere in the game

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
Hurts to know that Geno probably won't get in, but hopefully another cool character like Master Chief can. :laugh:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If the Spirit barrier can die than so can the Assist Trophy barrier. I pretty sure we will get at least one Assist Trophy promotion in Ultimate before it's over just like how we got a Spirit promotion within Min Min.
Spirit barrier is just like the trophy barrier these things are just take 10 seconds to implement into the game compared to assist trophies and pokeball those are taken time to specifically designed to give them that role I don’t see their position changing in the same game for example we don’t have dark Samus assist trophy anymore.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Im so nervous. This could be the night when the stars align after almost 25 years.

I don’t know I will react if the trailer starts with:

Mario lost in a wood
Kirby riding in a Star
Rosalina and Luma
Puppets in the corner of a house
Smash 64 intro toys

I know it will be like when Mega Man (my most wanted before) joined; and now, probably it will be even bigger than that, due to what Geno means and how the battle was/is.

GENO AWAKENS!

MattX20

Smash Hero
One of the demons in my head brought this up because Jon Cartwright AKA Jon GameXplain AKA Notorious Leaker Hugh Mungus mentioned it on Twitter:

Disney has an investor's meeting that starts at the same time as the VGAs. It's for journalists and people who pay to watch the stream only. Personally I feel like if Sora was the VGA reveal they wouldn't have this very obvious schedule conflict and deliberately compete for viewers, especially for journalists that specifically cover Disney.

I also agree with his other sentiment "if tonight is any of the 2018 gang, we're good." If not Geno, I would see Waluigi, Ryu, and Lloyd as wins too because then we would have two 2018 Smash rumors finally come true this year and it honestly bodes well for the future, especially since the four of them are from different companies anyways.
So basically, Geno's chances are looking better than what most expect?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just heard the news.

If it's at the game awards, my opinion is it's going to be normie bait. Jonesy for example.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
A little bit of speculation before TGA starts. Say... among the 10 to 15 game reveals that will be presented at the game awards, one of them turns out to be a SMRPG remake/sequel, and in it, Geno's design looks a bit more modern in contrast to his original appearance. After the game's reveal trailer, it continues onto the Smash character reveal of Geno. It is briefly shown that his design from the new game is his default alt, but his second alt is his original design from SMRPG on the SNES (thus he'd have four alts with the new design, and four with the old design). It'd be nice.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Min Min and Steve both had insiders teasing them at the last second before their reveal.

We've got less than an hour before the Game Awards start and we eventually get Fighter 8. Have insiders said anything possibly hinting at Fighter 8?

QQS

Smash Lord
Bros and friends, this is my last post until I see the reveal.

69713E97-439A-4C53-8770-DEA4EA64983D.jpeg

HERE IS HOPING THAT THIS IS THE NIGHT WHERE STARS ALIGN, THE PUPPET COME TO LIFE, THE OLD FRIENDS REUNITE AND WHERE GENO, ultimately, AWAKENS!

I will comeback after the trailer, this can be the night.

Best wishes and keep shooting for the stars!

:’)

papagenos papagenos Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

Last edited:

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
A little bit of speculation before TGA starts. Say... among the 10 to 15 game reveals that will be presented at the game awards, one of them turns out to be a SMRPG remake/sequel, and in it, Geno's design looks a bit more modern in contrast to his original appearance. After the game's reveal trailer, it continues onto the Smash character reveal of Geno. It is briefly shown that his design from the new game is his default alt, but his second alt is his original design from SMRPG on the SNES (thus he'd have four alts with the new design, and four with the old design). It'd be nice.
Yeah but I think that they would announce Geno in Smash first, then right after his reveal trailer they announce the Super Mario RPG sequel/remake/remaster, like it was with Isabelle reveal trailer.

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
I'd be careful with labeling "complaining" with the concept of being a D-bag.

"This bread has mold on it, I don't think that's acceptable to serve to a person."

"Don't be a D-bag."
Complaining is fine.

“I’m going to uninstall the game because this character doesn’t ‘deserve’ it and anyone in that fan base doesn’t understand Smash” is being a D-bag. There’s a big spectrum here.

We’re on the same team, let’s not forget.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just heard the news.

If it's at the game awards, my opinion is it's going to be normie bait. Jonesy for example.
I really doubt it. Steve's reveal was fairly polarizing and as Fatman pointed out, it would be unusual to have 2 Western reps back to back, and it's more than likely someone of Japanese origin like Geno or Ryu Hayabusa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom