• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Thinking on it, I doubt Crash and Dante because literally everything related to their franchises has leaked the last four years. On Dante, I feel like if Dante was soon he would have turned up already in that massive Capcom leak awhile back.
Dante DID leak (sorta) alongside DMCV. People forget that the dude who leaked that game also said Dante was coming for Smash. I don't recall if people were able to poke holes in his DMCV info, but I remember it being a wild ride up until that game's reveal.

And the Capcom leak not revealing anything is sort of not important, imo. We don't have EVERYTHING and for all we know their communication about Smash is done completely in-house at Nintendo or without a clear paper trail.

QQS

Smash Lord
I’m si ****ing thrilled and excited about this.

I know and feel Geno is coming 100%, but tonight it can be Geno, Crash, Doom or Hayabusa IMO.

Hope it’s Geno tonight and if not; it will be later for sure as #9, #10, #11.

Been in love with Geno since I was 7 or 8 years and been 30 years now, my most wanted in my favorite game ever, can’t believe the Dream can be fulfilled tonight...

:’)

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
Also just realized that, whoever this character is, they were not only likely meant to be an E3 reveal

I really don't get why some people insist with this "E3 2020 Double reveal theory"

This makes absolutely no sense, if they revealed 2 characters at E3 2020 and Min Min was supposed to be released earlier (without COVID-19) so this would mean only 3 characters left for 1 year and a half... so that means that we were going to wait around 6 months between each of these 3 characters...

The only way that this could make any sense is if they finished Fighters Pass vol. 2 much sooner than expected and they announced a Fighters Pass vol. 3, otherwise the "E3 2020 Double reveal theory" makes no sense.

Of course this doesn't mean Geno is more or less likely, Geno is my most wanted but if he's in it has nothing to do with the E3 theory.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it’s time to meet the Banjo equivalent for fighters pass 2.
That would most likely be Geno if I had to guess.

- Long time fan request since Melee.

- One of the top Smash requests since the Brawl days.

- Likely had a lot of votes in the Smash Ballot.

Geno is the next Banjo & Kazooie/K. Rool/Ridley.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
That would most likely be Geno if I had to guess.

- Long time fan request since Melee.

- One of the top Smash requests since the Brawl days.

- Likely had a lot of votes in the Smash Ballot.

Geno is the next Banjo & Kazooie/K. Rool/Ridley.
The only other few characters it could be would be Isaac or Waluigi.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm going to try to keep my expectations in check. I'm keeping Doomslayer, Crash, Hayabusa, and Lloyd Irving as possible outcomes in mind. I'll hope for Geno of course, but I want to keep my expectations open

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I really don't get why some people insist with this "E3 2020 Double reveal theory"

This makes absolutely no sense, if they revealed 2 characters at E3 2020 and Min Min was supposed to be released earlier (without COVID-19) so this would mean only 3 characters left for 1 year and a half... so that means that we were going to wait around 6 months between each of these 3 characters...

The only way that this could make any sense is if they finished Fighters Pass vol. 2 much sooner than expected and they announced a Fighters Pass vol. 3, otherwise the "E3 2020 Double reveal theory" makes no sense.

Of course this doesn't mean Geno is more or less likely, Geno is my most wanted but if he's in it has nothing to do with the E3 theory.
Considering there's 4 dummyslots in the game after Season 2, it's not impossible. Honestly, this announcement means we're getting 3 characters in 6 months in 2020 and there's still another year to go for the remaining 3. As I said the other day, it doesn't add up especially when you consider 2015 and 2019 both had 5 character releases.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Smash fighter reveal tonight!

After going back and forth over whether or not Nintendo will bring Smash to the Game Awards again, turns out they really are.

As for who it will be? Probably someone really big and head-turning like Crash Bandicoot or Doom Slayer... but I also wouldn't discount the possibility of Geno getting revealed here. Why? Well, I don't know if anyone brought this up yet (haven't read all the previous pages since last night), but may I remind everyone here that, once upon a time when we still had VGX, Nintendo decided in 2013 to reveal this as their big announcement there...

Whoever we end up seeing revealed tonight, here's hoping they're at least a decent crowd-pleaser.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Considering there's 4 dummyslots in the game after Season 2, it's not impossible. Honestly, this announcement means we're getting 3 characters in 6 months in 2020 and there's still another year to go for the remaining 3. As I said the other day, it doesn't add up especially when you consider 2015 and 2019 both had 5 character releases.
So do you still think the bonus fighters could still come along with the later half of the Fighter's Pass or after?

Last edited:

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
It was not 3 characters in 6 months, it was 3 characters in around 11 months (not counting Byleth).
The ARMS character was announced in March 2020, which mean that they probably started working on Min Min only in 2020, then they released her in June 2020, Steve in October and another in December, 3 characters (from FP2) in 2020 and more 3 characters from FP2 in 2021.

Three characters per year make much more sense than 3 characters in 1 year and a half. Unless there will be a Fighters Pass vol. 3 the "E3 2020 double reveal" theory doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace

After going back and forth over whether or not Nintendo will bring Smash to the Game Awards again, turns out they really are.

As for who it will be? Probably someone really big and head-turning like Crash Bandicoot or Doom Slayer... but I also wouldn't discount the possibility of Geno getting revealed here. Why? Well, I don't know if anyone brought this up yet (haven't read all the previous pages since last night), but may I remind everyone here that, once upon a time when we still had VGX, Nintendo decided in 2013 to reveal this as their big announcement there...

Whoever we end up seeing revealed tonight, here's hoping they're at least a decent crowd-pleaser.
Tbf, Cranky was the best and most memorable reveal there. I remember the No Man Sky reveal, but that's it. It was also history in the making having the original DK playable in a mainline title for the first time, and people still treat it like a joke. SMH

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It was not 3 characters in 6 months, it was 3 characters in around 11 months (not counting Byleth).
The ARMS character was announced in March 2020, which mean that they probably started working on Min Min only in 2020, then they released her in June 2020, Steve in October and another in December, 3 characters (from FP2) in 2020 and more 3 characters from FP2 in 2021.

Three characters per year make much more sense than 3 characters in 1 year and a half. Unless there will be a Fighters Pass vol.3 the "E3 2020 double reveal" theory doesn't make sense.
Every E3 that has had Smash since 2001 except 2007 has had a least two reveals. We've circled this topic so many times in this thread that I'll just do the highlights:

-Strong evidence that Min Min was originally scheduled for April.

-Strong evidence that there was supposed to be a release in September.

-Announcements have been pushed back roughly 3-6 months.

-Even with the pandemic, the gap between character reveals/releases hasn't changed too terribly. Currently late June to early October to early December so still at that typical 2-3 month range.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Although.......why didn't they just wait two more months and showcase Steve at the VGAs? Wouldn't that make much more sense?
They were tying his reveal into Minecraft Live, I believe; Sakurai had a video with a little bit more to say about the inclusion, which was shared during the event.

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, the argument of "Geno is a nobody" is moot at this point. After both the Brawl and Smash 4's but especially Ultimate's speculation circles, he's gotten to memetic levels of public recognition, and I mean, Nintendo is not stupid. They see the fans' feedback in social media and game boards... They know people are asking for Geno. I mean obviously he's not on the same level as Crash, Doomguy or Steve, but in Smash circles? Pretty close to the biggest contenders. And I mean, Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry... They were all picks meant for the Smash bros fanbase, and not because they were hugely popular characters per se.

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
I hope this thread doesn’t go toxic if it isn’t Geno or Doomguy, or dare I say, if it’s Jonesy. All of these characters have fans, so don’t be d-bags just because it’s someone you aren’t a fan of.

Besides, there have been plenty of character reveals that “sucked” who ended up being fun characters. Just enjoy the ride.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I hope this thread doesn’t go toxic if it isn’t Geno or Doomguy, or dare I say, if it’s Jonesy. All of these characters have fans, so don’t be d-bags just because it’s someone you aren’t a fan of.

Besides, there have been plenty of character reveals that “sucked” who ended up being fun characters. Just enjoy the ride.
Nothing going to stop the rage on Smash boards if it's Jonesy. You have a better chance of blowing away a nuclear bomb with a feather than quelling the hellfire that will come.

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
Every E3 that has had Smash since 2001 except 2007 has had a least two reveals.
Most of them were base roster announcements, the only DLC announcement in E3 were Hero and Banjo, and at that time the FP1 was releasing its fighters much faster than FP2.

Every E3 that has had Smash since 2001 except 2007 has had a least two reveals. We've circled this topic so many times in this thread that I'll just do the highlights:

-Strong evidence that Min Min was originally scheduled for April.

-Strong evidence that there was supposed to be a release in September.

-Announcements have been pushed back roughly 3-6 months.

-Even with the pandemic, the gap between character reveals/releases hasn't changed too terribly. Currently late June to early October to early December so still at that typical 2-3 month range.
Except between Byleth and Min Min that we had to wait almost 6 months.

Fighters Pass vol. 2 is being released much slower than FP1, if the E3 2020 theory was true so they would had to release each character around 6 months, it's too much time for people to wait and this would kill the hype for the game, that's why they are keeping the 3 months gaps. Again, the only way that the "E3 2020 double reveal" theory makes sense is if we're going to get a Fighters Pass vol. 3, which is not impossible.

Last edited:

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice

I totally agree with this, I'm hopping for Geno, but if it's not him lets not make this thread something obnoxious.

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice

A thousand times this. Don't be d-bags, everyone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Even if you don't buy the "Double E3 2020" theory, I will say that it would be very weird to have two Western characters back to back, especially with Western characters joining Smash being such a big deal to begin with. Well, for better or worse, the remaining characters that have been around the rumorsphere since 2018 are Lloyd, Waluigi, Ryu, and Geno and, with Steve getting in a few months ago, I feel like it bodes well for these four the most since this year has had a long string of 2018 rumors finally come to fruition.

Joshdabozz

Smash Cadet
Young Link. Young Link. I disagree about E3 2020 double reveal only making sense only if Volume 3 happens. Let me explain.

Lets say COVID did not happen, and It was an E3 double reveal, and lets say Min Min came out in April. Steve seems to have been pushed forward in our timeline, So I'm going to say whoever is going to get revealed today, would have gotten released in September. That seems very likely. Tonights fighter would release December/January. Fighter #9 would release May/June, Fighter #10 in late August/September, Fighter #11 in November/December. There are many other scenarios that would have worked.

Now lets look at our Timeline.

tonights fighter would release in December/January, Fighter #9 in May/June/July, Fighter #10 in July/August/September, Fighter 11 in November/December.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad we're getting character reveal and don't have to wait till next year.

Another good option for tonight would be Lloyd. As much as I want Geno, I hope who ever it is will be a good choice.
I want a Tales of Symphonia remake as much as I want a Super Mario RPG remake, so I wouldn't say no to that.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Even if you don't buy the "Double E3 2020" theory, I will say that it would be very weird to have two Western characters back to back, especially with Western characters joining Smash being such a big deal to begin with. Well, for better or worse, the remaining characters that have been around the rumorsphere since 2018 are Lloyd, Waluigi, Ryu, and Geno and, with Steve getting in a few months ago, I feel like it bodes well for these four the most since this year has had a long string of 2018 rumors finally come to fruition.
Do you feel Geoff replying "woah" to the announcement may bode well 4 crash though?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Besides Geno in Smash, what other rumors do you think could finally happen today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom