• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Just saw the news, holy **** I knew we were expecting something after what happened a week ago but damn I was not expecting this soon. Idk if is geno time but I'd get the cameras out just in case.

Also can we take a moment to appreciate Nintendo been blunt about this **** for once? No games or coy bull**** just a straight reveal announcement so we know what were getting into. Damn the reaction to last year's tga must have been worse than I thought.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Eyyy, that Geno+SMRPG RE/2 idea I floated Tuesday night doesn’t sound so far-fetched now 😂

As much as I hope it’s Geno, I don’t see it being Geno this time, and Geoff is being too overt on Crash hints for me to think he’d outright spoil it in advance like that, so I think that as a third option, Doomguy is actually pretty likely. There’s also been Hayabusa rumors in the mill for awhile and there is a possibility that those could come to fruition tonight.

I don’t see a Fortnite rep happening tomorrow myself, especially coming right after Steve. Whether earned or not, Jonesy (and co) seems to be the Byleth of 3rd-party reps in the eyes of most Smash fans, and following up polarizing Steve with an even-more-polarizing Fortnite rep, and in the middle of the pass instead of at the end like Byleth was for FP1, seems like something Nintendo wouldn’t do of the goal was to get people to buy FP2 now. They’d save divisive picks like that for the end when most people have already bought into the hype (literally)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Two things I've realized:

-Yesterday was exactly 6 months after what would have been the E3 2020 Direct.

-If this character follows the same release schedule as Byleth and Steve, they're releasing 12 days from now, which would be the 22nd and the start of my Christmas vacation...

So a borderline perfect ending to the Geno saga or a reveal that's unintentionally set up to be emotionally devastating as all hell if it's not Geno?

download (10).jpeg

"Hmmmmm... No sir... I don't like it."

Firox

Smash Master
I'm guessing the reveal won't be until the very end (since, if the trending section on Twitter is any indication, a lot of people are excited about it, so they're going to want people to be watching and waiting for that reveal for as long as possible), probably in the last half hour.
So don't tune in until the last 5 minutes? Sweet, that saves me a lot of time....

(Reveal happens in first 5 minutes) Gosh DANG it!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Two things I've realized:

-Yesterday was exactly 6 months after what would have been the E3 2020 Direct.

-If this character follows the same release schedule as Byleth and Steve, they're releasing 12 days from now, which would be the 22nd and the start of my Christmas vacation...

So a borderline perfect ending to the Geno saga or a reveal that's unintentionally set up to be emotionally devastating as all hell if it's not Geno?

View attachment 294808

"Hmmmmm... No sir... I don't like it."
I'm still confident that Nintendo would want what I think is safe to say the last Smash Bros reveal at the Game Awards for years to come to be someone really big and worthwhile to fans.

Oldhead

Smash Rookie
I hope it's Geno, especially considering all the Mario Anniversary stuff that's been leading up to this moment. However, if Nintendo is really trying to break the internet just before the holidays with a Mario character, all I can say is..... Wah-Humbug.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, since we're on a small amount of time before the reveal occurring, apart from Geno, who do you think are the most likely reveal candidates for tonight? I'll name Crash, Doomslayer, and Hayabusa as the ones for a potential shot

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Okay, since we're on a small amount of time before the reveal occurring, apart from Geno, who do you think are the most likely reveal candidates for tonight? I'll name Crash, Doomslayer, and Hayabusa as the ones for a potential shot
Hoping Crash.
Expecting Jonesy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Geno wouldn't be big enough for the Game Awards."

Going to go ahead and be "that guy" and just say that Joker barely made top 25 lists before he was added and there's a strong possibility that Byleth was supposed to be at the VGAs last year. I don't think Nintendo's standards for the VGAs as stringent as people think they are. Geoff has also made it pretty apparent that he was thrilled to do another character no matter who they are so he's not particularly picky either.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
so, i was just expecting to watch for the swedish chef BUT NOPE THEY HAVE MY HEART POUNDING FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS-
What if, Swedish Chef puts random stuff in a bowl like a doll, beanie, and finally a star. Everyone is confused about what he is making, thinks it’s just a comedy act. Screen turns to black out of no where. Cutscene opens up and... Geno, shoots for the stars!

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
May our Rawest Forest and "Beware The Forests Mushrooms" youtube playlist loops provide enough energy for the Geno Spirit Bomb.

So who does the fake out here? Mario, DK/K Rool, Dedede?

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I’m expecting it to be Geno, Crash, Doom Slayer, or Ryu. Of course it could be something uninstall-worthy like Jonesy but hopefully not.

As much as Crash would be awesome, I would rather see Geno get revealed tonight since he’s pretty much the last of the never ever’s. Doom Slayer would also be good for us if the same cacodemon hat from the leak gets shown. Ryu would be cool too, but not as much as the other three for me.

Also, for anyone saying Geno isn’t a TGA reveal, remember that the pandemic pushed everything back. So if Geno does get revealed, it would simply be because he was the next intended reveal, not necessarily the intended TGA reveal.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Betting on Geno or Waluigi.

I actually had a dream either this morning or last night that Waluigi was getting revealed today, though I think it involved insiders mentioning or hinting him.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
It also kind of kills me because I've noticed a number of people talking about a duel reveal here and on Discord for some reason and surely the universe wouldn't be that kind for a change, right? I'm just so tired at this point...
If we did get a double reveal, which is more likely? Geno and Waluigi, or Geno and Doomguy?

Even in general - but especially considering this was probably the E3 reveal - I’d say Geno/Waluigi, since they’re both Mario, they’d thematically fit into a trailer together no matter how they do it, and if they’re doing a double the second(/third) character is probably not FP09, but a bonus fighter, and Waluigi obv would fit that bill for a multitude of reasons

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Well, my theorycraft worked out so that's good: a reveal before the end of the year thanks to a wide variety of factors. As to everything else, this is likely whoever our second E3 reveal was supposed to be. They've chosen an enormous audience so it's a big deal and that's pretty much all I have to say about that.
"There's not going to be a reveal at the Game Awards."
"No, there's not going to be a reveal at the Game Awards."
"Nintendo isn't going to reveal a fighter at the Game Awards."
"Well, my theorycraft worked out!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom