• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
I didn't realize that Nintendo Power had 8 SMRPG cards made and that there are even more of these cards that were made in Japan. I just found this out and wanted to share in case others found it interesting. It gives me one more thing I have to hunt down and collect.

[beeg picture]
I've actually got a set of those cards! I gave the Johnny to my partner bc they love him, and I'm keeping Geno and Mallow for myself... obviously haha. But I have the rest just sitting in my room. I tried giving them away on tumblr but didn't get any takers :(

I think I've posted my extremely disorganized Geno collection before but here it is again (because it keeps going viral-ish on twitter), with proof of The Card. It's just laying flat, idk how to display it properly, I don't know what I'm doing at any point if you can't tell.

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
My educated guess is Doomslayer will be the next Smash announcement. I’m guessing a Doom video announcement, and maybe a Joker-esque announcement for his appearance in Smash (no trailer, but confirmation with “Sakurai explains coming soon.”

Then, we all spiral into Cacomallow mode.

That could change in five minutes, though.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
I've actually got a set of those cards! I gave the Johnny to my partner bc they love him, and I'm keeping Geno and Mallow for myself... obviously haha. But I have the rest just sitting in my room. I tried giving them away on tumblr but didn't get any takers :(

I think I've posted my extremely disorganized Geno collection before but here it is again (because it keeps going viral-ish on twitter), with proof of The Card. It's just laying flat, idk how to display it properly, I don't know what I'm doing at any point if you can't tell.

That is an awesome collection! Is the figure in the front center purchasable on Etsy or something?

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
That is an awesome collection! Is the figure in the front center purchasable on Etsy or something?
Thank you!! That one is from a 3D model I purchased, had printed, and hand painted myself! I also have a smaller version of that one (without the base) on my regular computer desk.

There's also a couple plushies I always neglect to photograph... and my ita bag too. I just like to keep reusing the slightly outdated photos because it's easier, haha. I haven't been able to take THIS version to cons because well, duh, but back when it had a few less things in it, it still got decent attention at them. Mostly confusion, like, "how is there that much Geno stuff?" and "there's really someone who likes Geno enough to make an ita bag of him???"

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Thank you!! That one is from a 3D model I purchased, had printed, and hand painted myself! I also have a smaller version of that one (without the base) on my regular computer desk.

There's also a couple plushies I always neglect to photograph... and my ita bag too. I just like to keep reusing the slightly outdated photos because it's easier, haha. I haven't been able to take THIS version to cons because well, duh, but back when it had a few less things in it, it still got decent attention at them. Mostly confusion, like, "how is there that much Geno stuff?" and "there's really someone who likes Geno enough to make an ita bag of him???"

So beautiful!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My educated guess is Doomslayer will be the next Smash announcement. I’m guessing a Doom video announcement, and maybe a Joker-esque announcement for his appearance in Smash (no trailer, but confirmation with “Sakurai explains coming soon.”

Not to be that guy, but I am pretty sure that with the Octopath and Paper Mario Spirit rotations, among other things, I think Geno is more likely than Doomguy at this point. I mean, with other Square Enix stuff that others have mentioned happening as well, which I recall being said, but can't remember all of them quite well, I don't think that if there is something soon, like a Direct announcement tomorrow, everything by then has to focus on Doom. Educated guess or not, I think Geno is more likely, and if not, maybe someone other than Doomguy. Just saying.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Another one??? There was a 7 hour maintenance just yesterday. This makes for almost 71 hours of maintenance just this month.
71 unexplained hours of maintenance is really weird. If there were a lot of titles going up for preorder, I could understand that, but the fact is the only major release we got this month is the Age of Clam Chowder. I've a hard time believing all of that is just for one game only

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean, no offense but haven't we kinda mostly thrown out Doomslayer at this point? We know some level of talks occurred but the guys at Id seemed to think it didn't go anywhere (and I assure you that Sakurai would be working with mainly Id instead of just Zenimax on development, just like how Banjo was mainly between Rare specifically and the Smash Team.). Now we've gotten a Vault Boy mii costume and honestly I'd say getting a Zenimax/Bethesda rep at this point would need a miracle.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
71 unexplained hours of maintenance is really weird. If there were a lot of titles going up for preorder, I could understand that, but the fact is the only major release we got this month is the Age of Clam Chowder. I've a hard time believing all of that is just for one game only
The thing that I find odd more than anything is that we had 14 hours of maintenance of Switch software just in the last 48 hours. You could dismiss the weeks before as Holiday maintenance, but this one is really, really suspicious.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

"One More Thing"
While slaying demons as usual (offscreen, of course), Doomguy finds Isabelle alone in a dark room in a space base, and she runs away in fear. He helps her escape and slays demons, offscreen once again. At the end, Isabelle cheers up and pulls a letter out from her pocket...

QQS

Smash Lord
After Doomguy we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear GENO AWAKENS slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from MarioRPG, until it finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes.

841869CF-7E37-4170-9489-E33FF16899C0.jpeg
0E0CBD7E-65F6-4C4E-995C-C28C622B1656.jpeg

BOTH PHOTOS MADE BY:

FUKAFUKARPG on Twitter!

GENO AWAKENS!

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Geno... deconfirmed? (answer: no)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Question though: aren't they avoiding naming M rated games in Smash now? Persona 5 was before this, but after that we got the Altair series instead of Assassin's Creed, then Travis series instead of No More Heroes. So how would Doom work? Hell, how would his name work?

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Question though: aren't they avoiding naming M rated games in Smash now? Persona 5 was before this, but after that we got the Altair series instead of Assassin's Creed, then Travis series instead of No More Heroes. So how would Doom work? Hell, how would his name work?
They include M-rated series names for series with fighters.

MattX20

Smash Hero
No, that's just the ESRB's ratings idiocy over M-rated series. It's fairly heavily implied one of the remaining 4 characters in the pass belongs to an M-rated series

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geno... deconfirmed? (answer: no)

Well, no new spirits like I suggested this morning so it further suggests that an update of some kind is likely coming in the next two weeks. Next week's event is the Mario tournament so the buzzer has buzzed on new spirits before it, definitely putting the Paper Mario and Octopath Traveler spirits being added back in today in an even more brightly illuminated light.

QQS

Smash Lord
“Hi there, today December 7th marks the 2nd anniversary of Smash Bros Ultímate. Thank you all for playing it. Here is a gift for all of you. I wanted this to become a reality since 2008 and started working on it since 2014. Here is what all the team created, just for you, the fans. Please, take a look”

BBD6B9DC-8BAD-4FD1-910C-BB7CCFF01120.jpeg

music start playing

CGI Starts...
7A84F5D0-03D2-4F94-A8BF-5B3A02C15F20.jpeg

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

WHOA. This is seriously the coolest thing I have ever seen. Are these official products or custom-made? Either way, these look absolutely awesome!

Reactions: QQS

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
WHOA. This is seriously the coolest thing I have ever seen. Are these official products or custom-made? Either way, these look absolutely awesome!
Thank you so much!! The keychain (trapped in plastic tube prison because he was $400), the red figure on top, and the card are official. Everything else is fan-made. Besides of course the Japanese game box lmao.

I'm forever on the hunt for the blue small eraser figure... There's one on ebay right now, but it's in a lot the seller won't separate and I don't exactly feel like spending $700 on the lot. Yikes.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Thank you so much!! The keychain (trapped in plastic tube prison because he was $400), the red figure on top, and the card are official. Everything else is fan-made. Besides of course the Japanese game box lmao.

I'm forever on the hunt for the blue small eraser figure... There's one on ebay right now, but it's in a lot the seller won't separate and I don't exactly feel like spending $700 on the lot. Yikes.
Cool! And you're welcome! I would love to have my own Geno collection someday! I would especially love to add a Geno Amiibo to it lol just saying.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Broke: Geno from Super Mario RPG gets into Smash with Forest Maze
Woke:
Go from Spr Mro RG gets into Smash with this track...
This is what playing Geno in Ultimate's laggy online will sound like

EDIT: LMAO I found a comment on the video from a year ago by Aerospherology Aerospherology
Screenshot_20201125-001031.png

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Will be this last week of November? Or the second anniversary of Smash? Or TGA? Or Christmas? Or January? Or the 25° anniversary of SMRPG?

I don’t know. But what’s sure is that Geno is playable already and we are only waiting for the reveal.

TTF

Smash Journeyman

Oh my heavens, that big statue in the back is beautiful!

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Who wants to play a mini-game?

What’s your DREAM MATCH in Smash? Your 2 favorite characters, from any company. What are their chances in Smash to be playable? Well, I start, and I’m going to witness the other half of my childhood dream, very soon. My 2 favorite Third Party characters. Also I can mix them with my favorite Nintendo hero: Link.

View attachment 292577View attachment 292578

I choose: ROCK & GENO

(please credit to Photo Creators).
Fighter 78 is unregistered hypercam

MattX20

Smash Hero

Well, no new spirits like I suggested this morning so it further suggests that an update of some kind is likely coming in the next two weeks. Next week's event is the Mario tournament so the buzzer has buzzed on new spirits before it, definitely putting the Paper Mario and Octopath Traveler spirits being added back in today in an even more brightly illuminated light.
The question then becomes, if it is meant to be something big, where and when will the update occur?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

Lol if you need a taker for the extras I'd gladly take them off your hands lol. Your collection is incredible. I'm sad to say I don't have anything other than the SNES game to display. As for displaying the card you can probably find a Toploader or Cardsaver that it would fit in and like a $0.50 plastic slab stand would do the trick unless you could find like a tiny little frame. If money is not an issue I would measure the card and look into cost to get it graded. PSA only accepts cards with certain measurements not sure about other grading services. Maybe a grading service that does toys would do it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It is kind of limiting how people are speculating that the next DLC fighter can't be one that wears a hat because of the upcoming tournament. You realize how many video game characters wear hats or helmets?

D

Deleted member

It is kind of limiting how people are speculating that the next DLC fighter can't be one that wears a hat because of the upcoming tournament. You realize how many video game characters wear hats or helmets?
Do people really come up with bull**** like this? What a silly thought. The description for this tournament says that fighters with hats, helmets or "other headwear" may participate, buuut...

Snake, Richter, Ryu, Roy and Ike are all absent despite wearing a bandana.
Marth, Lucina and Simon are absent despite wearing a tiara.
Peach, Daisy, Rosalina and K. Rool are absent despite wearing a crown; Rool feels like he'd be a must for this tournament since he actually fights with his hat.

Other interesting points:
Pokemon Trainer is allowed despite none of the playable characters actually wearing a hat.
Dark Samus is excluded while Samus is allowed.

Basically, even in the context of characters who are already in the game, this tournament itself is oddly limiting. Treating it like some kind of prediction metric is asinine at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Do people really come up with bull**** like this? What a silly thought. The description for this tournament says that fighters with hats, helmets or "other headwear" may participate, buuut...

Peach, Daisy, Rosalina and K. Rool are absent despite wearing a crown; Rool feels like he'd be a must for this tournament since he actually fights with his hat.

Pokemon Trainer is allowed despite none of the playable characters actually wearing a hat.

Basically, even in the context of characters who are already in the game, this tournament itself is oddly limiting. Treating it like some kind of prediction metric is asinine at best.
It's being entertained in the Newcomer Speculation thread, so yes it is quite limiting

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
This must mean the next three DLC characters are Bandana Dee, Tiara from Mario Odyssey, and King Knight:denzel:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Technically Dark Samus isn’t wearing a helmet, that’s her head
But yeah trying to use this as some sort of metric is pretty silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom