• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
/The Geno reveal watch party is just like 30 Geno fans piled on my bed as my wife sits and scowls on the couch in the living room, sending me messages on Facebook messenger every 5 minutes that we need to have a serious talk when everyone leaves

****... You weren't supposed to let everyone know... Now the whole thread will want to be invited...
There was a party and I wasn't invited?
maxresdefault (11).jpg

pinshadow

Smash Lord
  • 6:00: Ok, event should be posted now
  • 6:01: Is Twitter Glitching Out?
  • 6:05: It's still not here....
  • 6:12: 1575683786595.jpg

Well, ok then. Three options
  • A. Back at the start of August the event wasn't announced at 6:00 because they shadowdropped the Small Battlefield update shortly after. Also bringing this up because the day before that was when they added in the last batch of Spirits back into the normal rotation, exactly like what happened yesterday.
  • B. Back at the start of September we got the first week without an event period in over a year, and 2 days later the Mario Presentation occurred.
  • C. Back at the start of July they just didn't announce the event on Twitter until the day after for no reason. That being said it did still appear on the in-game site at the standard time of 10 PM PST (I think that's the time? Arizona not doing daylight savings continues to mess with me.)
So yeah, if they don't just post it late or something in the next hour, I'll see if they still post an event tonight on the in-game site. If they don't, I feel like we should strap in for something.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Would be funny if a mini got shadowdropped tomorrow. It's a Wednesday so I guess it is a possibility at least although likelihood is a different beast

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The event's late but this apparently isn't the first time. People are saying the Octopath Traveler spirit event wasn't posted until midnight Central Time so this could be a case of intern kun falling asleep at his laptop again. Usually they only flat out skip out on a event if there's a presentation with a Smash announcement later in the week or a character is literally released that day so...

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Hey ya’ll, my good friend at work, has been working on another special project for me. Now Geno’s got some more company. The other guy from our favorite game.

A7BD4238-A661-440E-8921-13334EC2F5A5.jpeg

*BTW if someone knows how to make my images appear right side up, it would be greatly appreciated lol

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Having looked through the Japanese Super Smash Bros. account on twitter, they tweet themed tournament and spirit event announcements at either 1am GMT or 2am GMT. Let's wait for another 40ish minutes.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Hey ya’ll, my good friend at work, has been working on another special project for me. Now Geno’s got some more company. The other guy from our favorite game.

View attachment 292692

*BTW if someone knows how to make my images appear right side up, it would be greatly appreciated lol
That's a nice Mallow. What do you mean, I never finished my Mallow figure?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Having looked through the Japanese Super Smash Bros. account on twitter, they tweet themed tournament and spirit event announcements at either 1am GMT or 2am GMT. Let's wait for another 40ish minutes.
Not saying you're wrong but from I recall it's been VERY consistently 1AM GMT. Could you grab a few of the announcement tweets of those that are at 2AM GMT? Not trying to be antagonistic, I'm genuinely curious.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Not saying you're wrong but from I recall it's been VERY consistently 1AM GMT. Could you grab a few of the announcement tweets of those that are at 2AM GMT? Not trying to be antagonistic, I'm genuinely curious.
Due to Daylight Savings Time, 8:00PM EST was going to be when they would of announced the tourney, either they're late or they have something else planned.
Let's wait.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
It's always at 10 AM JST, a timezone that has no daylight saving.

They've missed tweeting it at the regular time plenty of times in the past though; 3 PM JST is the longest the wait has taken.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
/The Geno reveal watch party is just like 30 Geno fans piled on my bed as my wife sits and scowls on the couch in the living room, sending me messages on Facebook messenger every 5 minutes that we need to have a serious talk when everyone leaves

****... You weren't supposed to let everyone know... Now the whole thread will want to be invited...
NowAllOfTheGenoThreadKnowsYou'reHere.png

Nah, it's clearly characters with notable pants.
That's a funny way of saying "Characters Whose Names All End In An -ario"...

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Nothing still hasn't happened yet. We could be waiting about an extra 10 hours or so.
That's a funny way of saying "Characters Whose Names All End In An -ario"...
Something tells me that when you were saying ends in ario you were only thinking of Mario and Wario whilst completely forgetting Red Mario.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Do you guys think we'll get something tomorrow, like a Mini Direct or an overall Direct, or a Smash announcement?

I know I asked similar questions before, but I am just curious.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so no announcement at 9am surprisingly. What the actual event could be I have no idea, but it may be announced at 2am EST, so keep an eye out for that.
If that doesn’t happen though...
👀

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think we'll get something tomorrow, like a Mini Direct or an overall Direct, or a Smash announcement?

I know I asked similar questions before, but I am just curious.
Anything is possible, but I would not mind a shadowdropped Direct at all as long as a new Smash character isn’t dropped unexpectedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom