• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
4 left to me indicates:

Geno
Crash/Coco*
Dante, Lloyd, Ryu, or Urshifu (likelihood in order)
Doomguy (or Chief)
Waluigi (sneaky bonus).

Geez... just looking at that it’s rough to speculate with so little room left in the roster but this feels pretty dang definitive to me now.

*Coco alt is a sure thing in my mind if Crash is making it in... only viable way to add in one final girl (Alex hardly counts for Steve but is welcome).

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Sorry if I seem out of place, but there's something bugginng me. How did you come to the conclusion that F8 was supposed to be the e3 closer?

From what I could tell Min Min was always intended to be released in June regardless of Covid (and her extended development was only to work on her mechanics). And to me Steve makes more sense as the e3 closer.

Absolutely admire how dedicated you all are to this character. Like damn, 3000+ pages.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sorry if I seem out of place, but there's something bugginng me. How did you come to the conclusion that F8 was supposed to be the e3 closer?

From what I could tell Min Min was always intended to be released in June regardless of Covid (and her extended development was only to work on her mechanics). And to me Steve makes more sense as the e3 closer.

Absolutely admire how dedicated you all are to this character. Like damn, 3000+ pages.

Min Min's Amiibo wave was supposed to be in April but was postponed to June. This Amiibo wave was leaked in February but wasn't postponed until after the March Mini Direct.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Just rewatched the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct to check back on the announcement of a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournament later this year and, I missed that the tournament is branded as another Nintendo VS Challenge Cup tournament (albeit they specify that it will be Mario-themed). Perhaps the dates surrounding this tournament should be kept an eye on, just in case. The "sometime between November and December" estimate shown on the Japanese announcement is a good time window (perhaps the tournament might start late November, and end early December; i.e. Nov. 28 - Dec 1 or so).

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I just have to say that its honestly crazy to me that Crash and Geno, two of my absolute most wanted characters, actually seem like the most likely characters as of right now. If I seriously get King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno and Crash, then I seriously don't think I will ask Sakurai for anything ever again, and I will legitimately feel like my life is complete.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Didn't you state that we wouldn't get any more Nintendo news for a while just a week before the September weekly news dumps happened?
Not that I recall. I remember saying I don’t think we’re getting FP8 or General Directs.
Edit: yeah I never did that judging from my post log in this thread

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
So I really do feel like the next fighter is gonna be a fan favorite pick. Could be Geno, could be Crash, could be lots of choices. Steve does feel like a Hero-type of pick, as in, its a character from a franchise that is very popular (at least in one region or another) and has seen requests but not a Smash fan favorite. The difference here is that I actually LIKE Minecraft and the wacky playstyle Steve has as opposed to Dragon Quest. So this pass is at a much better start in regards to my tastes compared to the first pass. Now we'll see if I get my Banjo equivalent or at least someone I like. Geno would fit that bill and solidify my purchase of the 2nd pass, though I may just buy it when Steve releases because he looks really cool.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
After going over the official Nintendo VS Twitter and scrolling through most of its 2020 feed, I present to you all, the tournaments that have taken place within the year. I excluded the Pokémon tournaments since those are handled by TPC, and the Smash event tournaments.

FEBRUARY - MARCH
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North American Online Open Spring 2020: began on February 29th, and ended on March 1st
APRIL
  • ARMS North American Online Open: began and ended on April 4th
MAY
  • Mario Kart North American Open: began on May 8th, and ended on May 10th
JUNE
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North American Online Open May 2020: began on May 30th, and ended on June 21st (this was due to the postponement of one of the region sets early on in the tournament, pretty much moving the rest of the regions into June).
  • Splatoon 2 North American Open: began on June 14th, and ended on June 21st
  • Mario Kart North American Open June 2020: began on June 26th, and ended on June 28th
JULY
  • Splatoon 2 Turf War; began and ended on July 18th
  • Mario Tennis Aces North American Open July 2020; began and ended on July 25th
AUGUST
  • ARMS North American Open August 2020; began on August 8th, and ended on August 9th
  • Mario Kart North American Open August 2020; began on August 14th, and ended on August 16th
SEPTEMBER
  • Splatoon 2 North American Open September 2020; began on September 6th, and ended on September 13th
  • Mario Tennis Aces North American Open September 2020; began and ended on September 19th
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate VS Challenge Cup September 2020; began and ended on September 26th
OCTOBER
  • ARMS North American Open October 2020; began on October 3rd, and ended on October 4th
  • Mario Kart North American Open October 2020; begins on October 9th, and ends on October 11th
  • Splatoon 2 Turf War October 2020; begins and ends on October 17th
Out of all these tournaments, the dates in which the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate ones were held are the most interesting (for the context of character reveal speculation).
  • The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North American Online Open Spring 2020 Tournament was held between February 29th, and March 1st. Do note that around this time was when strict lock-down measures were being implemented around many of the World's Nations due to the ongoing pandemic. It wasn't until March 26th that we got the news of Fighters Pass Vol. 2 in which it was revealed that a fighter from ARMS would be Challenger Pack 6.
  • The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North American Online Open May 2020 Tournament that began almost at the end of May (May 30th specifically) lasted all the way up until June 21st. The next day we got the reveal of who that ARMS fighter would be; Min Min.
  • The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate VS Challenge Cup September 2020 Tournament is the latest Smash tournament that was held and lasted only one day (September 26th). About four/five days later we got the reveal of Steve being Challenger Pack 7.
Having said all this, I believe the next indicator that could tell us when we could be expecting the announcement of Challenger Pack 8 should be close to the next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournament (not event tournament) that's held sometime in the near future (whenever Nintendo feels like doing one). Given the time gap between Smash tournaments, I'd estimate the next one to be sometime around December 2020. Coincidentally, during the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary, we got a heads-up of an upcoming Mario-themed Smash tournament that is expected to take place sometime between November and December 2020. Although, since this is a themed tournament (different from the ones mentioned prior), I'm not sure if this would count as the tournament to look out for in wait for CP 8's reveal. It would have to be another Online Open, or VS Challenge Cup styled tournament.

Additional data:
  • Days between Smash Spring tournament and announcement that an ARMS fighter would join Smash = 25 days.
  • Days between the ARMS April tournament and announcement that an ARMS fighter would join Smash = -9 days (tournament was after the announcement).
  • Days between the Smash May 2020 tournament and Min Min reveal = 1 day.
  • Days between the Smash VS Challenge Cup tournament and Steve's reveal = 5 days.
Minecraft Festival was going to be from the 25th to the 27th originally, but then became Minecraft Live.

QQS

Smash Lord
Hi guys, just joined.
Hello there, welcome to the Geno’s thread, the place where wishes come true. Next year Star Road will be complete and Geno will be a playable fighter in Smash Bros Ultimate. This is QQS speaking, if you have any complain about my faith in Geno, you can talk to our leaders Fatmanonice Fatmanonice & papagenos papagenos . Most memorable Geno fans out there.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Crash, Geno, and Cuphead (All three of my most wanted in the same game?) Couldn’t ask for more
I just have to say that its honestly crazy to me that Crash and Geno, two of my absolute most wanted characters, actually seem like the most likely characters as of right now. If I seriously get King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno and Crash, then I seriously don't think I will ask Sakurai for anything ever again, and I will legitimately feel like my life is complete.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Watching more reaction videos to Steve's reveal in Smash, watching the gameplay and thinking back on the character showcase from last Saturday is just mind blowing when you think about it. When looking at Steve's playstyle and what he can do, and especially if you're fighting on his stage feels like you're playing an entirely different game. This game's already been blessed since launch.
  • Mario, Luigi, Peach really make you feel like you're playing a 3D side-scrolling Super Mario game.
  • When playing as the Belmonts, it feels like you're playing Castlevania.
  • When playing with Ryu, Ken, and Terry (in 1 v 1 mostly), albeit they have more mobility than in their original games, they do feel like if you were playing a traditional fighting game (set rules to Stamina and reduce jump height and we're good).
It's crazy when you think about it for a while how playing with each character (for the most part) feels like if you were playing one of their games. This here's the Geno thread, and of course we support and wish for his inclusion but likewise, I wish just as much of good luck and best wishes to the other contenders. It's cathartic in general to internalize the notion of the joy one experiences when their most requested character makes it into Smash.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Got Ridley and Banjo as my most wanted picks, with characters like K Rool, Dark Samus, and even Steve being ones I like (Incineroar was not someone I was excited about but he is very fun). The rest of the newcomers are either ones I respond to with "Huh, neat", or I have no interest or don't like (most of the first fighter's pass in general, though Terry is alright). If I can get Crash, Rayman, or Doomguy, I'll be completely set. If I at least get one or two more characters I like a lot like Geno, then that's good too.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'm guessing it's not smash related judging by the fact that it is steve's release week, probably a partner direct
Still, should probably keep an eye on roger after he nailed the week of the mario stuff

Also,
I’m not going to really touch on anything directly. I’m just gonna reiterate what I said a couple days ago: it’s almost certain any leaks coming out right now are fake. That’s all.
"Trust me guys, any leaks you've heard right now are fake

except for the leaks I TELL YOU!"

:|

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
Its been so long since the last time i enter this board.

How is everyone going?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm guessing it's not smash related judging by the fact that it is steve's release week, probably a partner direct
Still, should probably keep an eye on roger after he nailed the week of the mario stuff

Also,

"Trust me guys, any leaks you've heard right now are fake

except for the leaks I TELL YOU!"

:|
Wait, what are you talking about, I haven’t leaked anything.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Wait, what are you talking about, I haven’t leaked anything.
How are you so sure that leaks coming at right now are fake, then? There's nothing wrong with bringing them up. RogersBase nailed the last announcement and we're all aware what he is hinting at will be 99.9 percent not likely Smash.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How are you so sure that leaks coming at right now are fake, then? There's nothing wrong with bringing them up. RogersBase nailed the last announcement and we're all aware what he is hinting at will be 99.9 percent not likely Smash.
I wasn’t even referring to Roger. Didn’t even know he was brought up. I was more talking about Mundo whatever saying that Nintendo turned down Sora because he was too expensive. That’s pretty suspicious of someone to know how and why Sora was turned down.

Touching on Roger. Ok, I really don’t have much to say about him. He really isn’t a leaker and if he’s hinting at something I wouldn’t really call that a leak but sure that’s exciting.

Reason I said not touching on anything directly was for the very reason that’s I wasn’t touching on anything directly. Didn’t mean to ruffle feathers.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
My four most wanted for Ultimate: Ridley Banjo and Kazooie, Geno and Shovel Knight.

Two are in, one I'm hoping for, and one that I've come to terms with being an assist. Honestly idk how I've gotten this lucky so far.
I wonder if Shovel Knight could get the Bomberman treatment tbh...

I'd like a Plague Knight costume, personally

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom