• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
Disney is the Square of 4th party stuff. They are hella stingy with their IP's
Sora: "Hey, King Mickey! Why can't my keyblade unlock this door?"

Mickey: "Oh, that's the door to the Smash dimension, haha. I'm afraid it's guarded by a paywall, haha."

Sora: "What's a paywall? Do I need to push munny through the key hole?"

Mickey: "It's not about the money, haha. Smash carries a special place among the Infinity Games. To get in, you must lose that which you love, haha. A soul...for a soul."

Sora: "You know what? I think I'm good. Where's that emo kid with the plaid shorts? I bet he got himself possessed by Xehanort again...."

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ok guys I made it, when I saw the papagenos papagenos video I said "Man, I have heard of Mondomega on the past" so I searched and I find it. This wason August 2019. It is a Datamining talking about potential modes (This was before Banjo, and so before the confirmation that Home Run Contest would be the last mode. Even IDK with Spirit Rematches):
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...4-holding-out-for-a-hero.129433/post-23667783 . Ok, this don't mean he is a leaker, I bring it to the table on how it has been 1 year and he wasn't banned

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if Sora is out of the picture, the only likely square characters are 2B, Gex, Lara, and Geno. 2B and Lara I could see getting a spirit event or Mii Costume. You know what that means. Its Gen-Gex time. :4pacman:

Firox

Smash Master
No no no no.
That's not a fair deal

They're both Mario Characters, so why not release them together ?

And why should Waluigi be last, just to be used as a scapegoat by the toxic part of the Smash community to **** on him more than they already do ?

And finally, I also can't and don't want to wait in agony just to know that my most wanted is in the game.
Sorry, Dude, but I'm afraid we both suffer from opposing conflicts of interest. All I can say is, if Cacomallow is real, then Geno should be coming sooner than later. Besides, Waluigi is used to being the scapegoat. His own partner uses him as one all the time. He can take it.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I dunno why everyone assumed Sora is out because of some ResetEra post.
It's not just this one post, though. It's been a consistent theme with insider discussion surrounding Sora in Smash. It seems that every time Sora's name comes up, it's always about how Nintendo tried to get the rights but things fell through.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
It's not just this one post, though. It's been a consistent theme with insider discussion surrounding Sora in Smash. It seems that every time Sora's name comes up, it's always about how Nintendo tried to get the rights but things fell through.
Just like how all that Geno posting from 'Insiders" lead to Geno being the next character oh wait...

Even then Sora has a very low chance of getting in cause of Disney, plus this is a gaming crossover, so Sora without Disney content ain't the same.
Most of the iconic Kingdom hearts stuff doesn't have Disney stuff anywhere in sight. It's not entirely unnatural to use locations, moves, and spirits that have no Disney stuff at all when the games stray away from Disney regularly for long stretches.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Listen, I'm probably the lone Sora supporter in this thread.

Mondo's rise to be an insider is hinging SOLEY on the fact that he's claiming to be an insider and agreeing with Imran about Disney blocking Sora... which is a broad claim ANYBODY could make.

It's like saying "Hey guys, I'm an insider here. So one of the names on Nintendo's list was Scorpion, but it was shot down pretty quick due to its violence and Mortal Kombat not exactly being a thing in Japan" Like... yeah, that's pretty obvious information, I just spun it to sound like a hot scoop

Anyone who's being honest knows Sora's chances are abysmal, it's something anybody could say and be reasonably right! I don't know why people are hanging on to Mondo's word just because he agreed with Imran (Who was speculating and even still thought Sora had a chance, but no one ever wants to remember that part), Mondo was also COMPLETELY wrong about the Steve presentation when he claimed Monster Hunter and Lloyd would both be Mii Costumes.

Powerman293

Smash Ace

Mondo's rise to be an insider is hinging SOLEY on the fact that he's claiming to be an insider and agreeing with Imran about Disney blocking Sora... which is a broad claim ANYBODY could make.

It's like saying "Hey guys, I'm an insider here. So one of the names on Nintendo's list was Scorpion, but it was shot down pretty quick due to its violence and Mortal Kombat not exactly being a thing in Japan" Like... yeah, that's pretty obvious information, I just spun it to sound like a hot scoop

Anyone who's being honest knows Sora's chances are abysmal, it's something anybody could say and be reasonably right! I don't know why people are hanging on to Mondo's word just because he agreed with Imran (Who was speculating and even still thought Sora had a chance, but no one ever wants to remember that part), Mondo was also COMPLETELY wrong about the Steve presentation when he claimed Monster Hunter and Lloyd would both be Mii Costumes.

I'm a Sora supporter too. So don't feel lonely.

D

Deleted member

All right simmer down people. Since I was the one who brought up all of this, I personally do not know this person nor his history of his track record. In the video in the discord, some guy said RE tends to banned people who plays insider though I’m not sure if he his necessarily correct. If that is not true, looks like I jumped to conclusions so my bad for that. However, it is certainly worth keep in mind that while Sora is possible, Disney asking lots of dollars could certainly be an obstacle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droodle

Smash Lord
I doubt that Sora is happening, and if he doesn't happen; it's a VERY reasonable assumption that Nintendo at least tried to make it happen. The question is, if he was planned for FP 2; and the deal fell apart, what would happen to his slot? I still think Nintendo/Square probably considered Geno and Sora separately in terms of discussion (as in they would have a pretty high shot of getting in together).

Would he have been a magical 7th fighter attached to his own slot, or did he originally take the place of another fighter in this pass? If it's the latter, it isn't all too unreasonable to assume that whoever did end up replacing him is a big name in speculation (both in Japan and America)/is another Square character or a character that Nintendo thinks KH fans would be happy with. Obviously it's all just theoretical, and Nintendo could just be like "Well, we didn't get Sora; time to put in another FE character in Smash to replace him". Could we get something like 2B/Neku/Sephiroth to replace Sora (assuming the talks are true).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How is Amiibo theory in danger? A smash fighter is revealed within a ~2 week period of an Amiibo wave release or rerelease. Nothing specifies that the amiibo wave is Smash related. It's been accurate every time that a fighter is revealed/released around the time of an Amiibo wave. Am I missing something?
It was recently announced that the latest amiibo wave (Banjo, Terry, and Byleth) will be releasing Fall 2021.

The tweet has since been deleted, possibly because it was an error (the latest Direct just said that they'd be out in 2021), but if they were actually coming out next fall, it would mean that Nintendo wouldn't release another character for roughly a year.

I assume that the fall 2021 release window was a mistake, though.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, Dude, but I'm afraid we both suffer from opposing conflicts of interest. All I can say is, if Cacomallow is real, then Geno should be coming sooner than later. Besides, Waluigi is used to being the scapegoat. His own partner uses him as one all the time. He can take it.
I think that's some BS.
I don't care how Nintendo used to see Waluigi in the past, but him and Geno have nothing in common except for the fact that they're both Mario characters. They're not rivals, Waluigi is competing against the 1st party Mario chars, while Geno's competition is within Square Enix.

All I'm saying is, Geno and Waluigi can coexist in the same Fighter Pack, because they both represent a different side of the Mario franchise.

TriggerX

Smash Ace

Nah KH and SMRPG fan here. They would both be great additions to the roster, although Id be completely content with Geno as a deluxe mii costume for gunner if it meant sora as playable.

Sora is interesting, allegedly he is the only square character that keeps on being brought up in regards to actual negotiations. Really he is just a good fit for this game. Disney can be weird, I won't deny that, but probably no more so than Nintendo.

I don't believe we've yet to see any costume to playable upgrades for DLC. Although I could see Geno being an exception personally, there really isn't any evidence that leans toward him being treated any different from past mii costumes be rereleased.
Then again, if those SMRPG rumors are true I could see why he would be that exception,

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, if Sora is out of the picture, the only likely square characters are 2B, Gex, Lara, and Geno. 2B and Lara I could see getting a spirit event or Mii Costume. You know what that means. Its Gen-Gex time. :4pacman:
I'm not going to lie, while I prefer Geno I think Gex would be cool character to see get in and I'm not joking. I played one of his games a long time ago on the N64 and it was good.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
It was recently announced that the latest amiibo wave (Banjo, Terry, and Byleth) will be releasing Fall 2021.

The tweet has since been deleted, possibly because it was an error (the latest Direct just said that they'd be out in 2021), but if they were actually coming out next fall, it would mean that Nintendo wouldn't release another character for roughly a year.

I think people are connecting the Smash Amiibos to the Smash reveal release too strongly for the Amiibo theory.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

More like this was released a bit too early. Also, even if that is the case, that doesn't mean we won't get a character until 2021 regardless of when.

We can get a character without new Amiibo. We already have in the past.

Firox

Smash Master
I think that's some BS.
I don't care how Nintendo used to see Waluigi in the past, but him and Geno have nothing in common except for the fact that they're both Mario characters. They're not rivals, Waluigi is competing against the 1st party Mario chars, while Geno's competition is within Square Enix.

All I'm saying is, Geno and Waluigi can coexist in the same Fighter Pack, because they both represent a different side of the Mario franchise.
I'm not arguing that they can't coexist. I'm simply asserting my preference for the order in which they're revealed. You don't have to like it. You could make Waluigi fighter 10 for all I care. He doesn't have to be last. My only thing is that the longer Cacomallow goes unfulfilled the higher chance it's fake, and the higher chance it's fake, the higher chance Geno gets the bone. That's not saying that Geno's entire chance depends on CM, but the sooner Geno get's revealed, the better. I couldn't really care less who gets in after him or in what order. If you still end up getting Waluigi, my congratulations. I just want my damn magical puppet boy after over a decade of campaigning.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm not arguing that they can't coexist. I'm simply asserting my preference for the order in which they're revealed. You don't have to like it. You could make Waluigi fighter 10 for all I care. He doesn't have to be last. My only thing is that the longer Cacomallow goes unfulfilled the higher chance it's fake, and the higher chance it's fake, the higher chance Geno gets the bone. That's not saying that Geno's entire chance depends on CM, but the sooner Geno get's revealed, the better. I couldn't really care less who gets in after him or in what order. If you still end up getting Waluigi, my congratulations. I just want my damn magical puppet boy after over a decade of campaigning.
You're not saying Geno's chances are based on Cacomallow alone, are you?

I would not think so. I mean, there has to be more to Geno's chances than one thing like Cacomallow, which could be real or fake. I mean, many leaks don't depend on one single thing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I would not think so. I mean, there has to be more to Geno's chances than one thing like Cacomallow, which could be real or fake. I mean, many leaks don't depend on one single thing.
No, he was saying while Geno's chances don't soley relay on CacoMallow, he would prefer to see Geno sooner whether than later because speculation is going to get nerve wrecking when we get near the last 3 to 2 slots.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No, he was saying while Geno's chances don't soley relay on CacoMallow, he would prefer to see Geno sooner whether than later because speculation is going to get nerve wrecking when we get near the last 3 to 2 slots.
Oh, I understand. So, the sooner, the better? I can see the nerve wrecking, and people getting on our case and bulling us more the longer we have to wait for Geno.

Firox

Smash Master

Just in case you missed it:
No, of course Geno's chances aren't based entirely on CM. He has tons of other factors that are playing in his favor, the missing costume being the most obvious and tactile one. I'm just saying that I believe CM is one of the strongest and the longer we go without a Geno reveal, the less likely I feel he's going to happen. Could he end up as the very last fighter? Possibly, but given Nintendo's almost iron clad rule of ending on a dud (or at least a PERCIEVED dud), I seriously doubt it.

Nailed it perfectly.

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I haven’t seen anyone mention it since the amiibo tweet was first posted, but you guys do know that the amiibo tweet was taken down (at least on the NoA twitter page) right? I can only assume Nintendo put the wrong date, so we probably won’t be waiting until Fall 2021 for those three amiibo. Most likely a mistake on their end.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I can see Geno get in, but I don't really think 2B and Lara would get in as costumes alongside him. In Japan (at least for 2B), getting a costume would be something like the equivalent of Crash getting costumed around here. Someone else like Arle would be the equivalent of Banjo getting costumed. I think Nintendo will just avoid those kind of characters if they won't make it in, like they kinda did with Chief. Unlike Heihachi, Gil, MH, Geno, Lloyd. etc; there really isn't a precedence for them getting in as costumes either.

I think if Geno gets in he'll mainly just come with SMRPG costumes and the Chocobo one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just in case you missed it:

No, of course Geno's chances aren't based entirely on CM. He has tons of other factors that are playing in his favor, the missing costume being the most obvious and tactile one. I'm just saying that I believe CM is one of the strongest and the longer we go without a Geno reveal, the less likely I feel he's going to happen. Could he end up as the very last fighter? Possibly, but given Nintendo's almost iron clad rule of ending on a dud (or at least a PERCIEVED dud), I seriously doubt it.

Nailed it perfectly.
Sorry, I must have misread somehow.

But yeah, he does have tons of things in his favor. How could he have just one thing, anyway?

The question is if he will be FP8, though. Will he?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh, I understand. So, the sooner, the better? I can see the nerve wrecking, and people getting on our case and bulling us more the longer we have to wait for Geno.
Not just us but every fanbase. We are going to see flame wars right around the 2 last fighters as a lot of people in this community will be arguing why their most wanted should be in instead of this character. I'm going to feel sorry for the fanbase of the last character that makes it in because no matter who it is, they're going to get a lot more hate than Bayonetta as not only will they be Ultimate's last newcomer but probably Smash's last newcomer close to the next 10 years. The last fighter of this game will bring a lot of salt and bring a lot of weight to their inclusion no matter who it is.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not just us but every fanbase. We are going to see flame wars right around the 2 last fighters as a lot of people in this community will be arguing why their most wanted should be in instead of this character. I'm going to feel sorry for the fanbase of the last character that makes it in because no matter who it is, they're going to get a lot more hate than Bayonetta as not only will they be Ultimate's last newcomer but prob Smash's last newcomer close to the next 10 years. The last fighter of this game will bring a lot of salt and bring a lot of weight to their inclusion no matter who it is.
With that said, so many characters, so little time (and slots). Even if there were more slots and time, these flame wars would still happen, anyhow. I don't blame Firox for thinking that, now.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Geno has more in his favor, not just the Cacomallow leak.

And about Waluigi, I'll be honest with you, there's a lot in his favor too, but you won't see it like I do if you don't care about the character to begin.
The thing that stumped me the most is when Fighter Pass 1 was announced, I asked myself "can they somehow include Waluigi ?"
Like, what stage, which music, etc.
The answer is... They absolutely can, but it wouldn't be a good look since he lacks a game of his own.

That spot is better reserved for Geno, he has all of Super Mario RPG on his shoulders to rep.

Which is why I believe, if Waluigi was seemingly picked to be a bonus fighter, he'd be revealed alongside the main attraction, Fighter Pack 8(?), Geno.

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
I haven’t seen anyone mention it since the amiibo tweet was first posted, but you guys do know that the amiibo tweet was taken down (at least on the NoA twitter page) right? I can only assume Nintendo put the wrong date, so we probably won’t be waiting until Fall 2021 for those three amiibo. Most likely a mistake on their end.
The same tweet is still up on Nintendo of Canada's Twitter though.

Firox

Smash Master
Geno has more in his favor, not just the Cacomallow leak.

And about Waluigi, I'll be honest with you, there's a lot in his favor too, but you won't see it like I do if you don't care about the character to begin.
The thing that stumped me the most is when Fighter Pass 1 was announced, I asked myself "can they somehow include Waluigi ?"
Like, what stage, which music, etc.
The answer is... They absolutely can, but it wouldn't be a good look since he lacks a game of his own.

That spot is better reserved for Geno, he has all of Super Mario RPG on his shoulders to rep.

Which is why I believe, if Waluigi was seemingly picked to be a bonus fighter, he'd be revealed alongside the main attraction, Fighter Pack 8(?), Geno.
You say that Waluigi has a lot in his favor. Honest question: Could you list some for me? I know he's got a relatively large following, but aside from fan demand, what else does he have?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With that said, so many characters, so little time (and slots). Even if there were more slots and time, these flame wars would still happen, anyhow. I don't blame Firox for thinking that, now.
I'm sure like at the end of Smash 4 speculation, the moderators on this site will close off the Ultimate general newcomer discussion forums around the week or 2 after it's announced when the last fighter will be announced. Whether it's FP11 is unknown at the moment.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm sure like at the end of Smash 4 speculation, the moderators on this site will close off the Ultimate general newcomer discussion forums around the week or 2 after it's announced when the last fighter will be announced. Whether it's FP11 is unknown at the moment.
I remember that. I was thinking the same thing. I doubt they won't repeat doing the same thing with Smash Bros. Ultimate's Newcomer Threads.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I know yesterday I was bummed and I was ready to pack it in. But this is it for me. I’m laying my cards out on the table. I’m raising the stakes, okay. Geno WILL BE IN THIS GAME as one of the DLC fighters with stage and music. This is it, Sakurai is going to give all of us what we want, after all these years. Why? Because no one wants it more than we do! One of these 4 characters will be Geno! I’m going all in! I have been all in on Geno for 24 years!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Rogersbase eluded to something happening on the October 16th on the latest episode of Japan Time.

Does anyone know anything?

Chad K Rule

Smash Cadet
I was saying sora probably wasnt happening before fighters pass 1 was even announced for this exact reason, hate me if you must sora fans, geno has issues as well that could keep him out smash, however seeing they have his jpg in the game I see those problems as passed. Now Like I said, 2b probably naa, remembers the Terry showcase. Probably Geno, Braverly Default, Sephiroth at this point are who might make it if we do get another Square owned character. Remind me Though if Im forgetting another character though that was mentioned before.

EDIT: I forgot about Chrono too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom