• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
You know, thinking about it

Sept 30 is obv Green Day meme, but considering there was a lot of evidence pointing to a Geno/Master Chief E3 reveal

Maybe it’s “Green Day” because we’re getting both green characters? Or at least were supposed to, doubt we’d be getting both today now

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Everyone keep your eyes peeled for any insiders making cheeky hints mere minutes before this presentation. I know it's only 20 minutes from now but it'd be hilarious if we got a last minute leak.
Guys...
Whoever it is, it's not first party!

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Only a few minutes left before the reveal starts. Nintendo's giving the shoutout for us to gather round. The wording almost feels like when a parent or host is calling the kids to gather round for a treat (Gaz?).

With Sakurai's tweet from earlier and PushDustin's translation revealing that in Sakurai's words, we should see Smash as a celebration (and the word festival having popped up as well; star festival?). Ain't all of these itty bitty details somewhat of a coincidence? :denzel:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Guys...
What does Zhuge mean by “surprised no data miners picked it up”?

Was there something in the code that people didn’t associate with the character but that spoiled who said character was?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Guys...
Nice! My theory from yesterday may actually be right.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I never thought I would see people speculating about a leakers say so 15 minutes before a potential reveal.

CB Johnny

Smash Rookie
whomever it winds up being, I'm looking forward to riding today's excitement with you all. Geno? We rejoice. Someone else? The long wait and speculation continues. Happy announcement day, y'all.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Really? Was he ever like this for previous announcements? It feels like this announcement has been brought up quite a bit.
Sounds like a character that Sakurai personally is excited for

Hmm, I wonder what character Sakurai stated he enjoyed and tried to get in the game in the last two installments of the series... Welp, I’ll guess we’ll never know /s

EDIT: The Crash connection completely went over my head haha, but I’m still sticking to my guns because why not

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Where do all of you go from here if we get Geno?

I'm personally a Rayman supporter, followed by Crash
Mainly Steve but I’d also love Skull Kid, Midna, Porky and Gengar. I’d also really like a lot of others such as Toad, Waluigi, King Boo, separate Alph and other Pikmin characters, Bandana Dee, Marx, Dark Matter, Chibi-Robo, etc.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Everyone keep your eyes peeled for any insiders making cheeky hints mere minutes before this presentation. I know it's only 20 minutes from now but it'd be hilarious if we got a last minute leak.
ZHuge_EX already said that it's going to be a 3rd party character everyone will enjoy, then made a comment about being shocked that dataminers didn't uncover anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom