• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I guess I may as well share my history with Geno now since it'd be pretty pointless to do so after tomorrow if that's the big day.

King K. Rool was always my most wanted character. Donkey Kong Country on the GBA was one of my most-played games of my childhood, he had an excellent design and great moveset potential, and he was just a great foil for Donkey Kong all around. Though obviously not iconic on the level of Bowser or Ganondorf or even King Dedede, he was one of my favorite Nintendo villains. I drew a lot of pictures of him and Bowser and Donkey Kong when I was a wee lad, and he's been a pretty big part of my childhood so to speak. So, ever since the early days of Smash 4 I've been waiting anxiously and hopefully for his inclusion. It took awhile, obviously, but here we are, with King K. Rool finally playable and his reveal still being my favorite in the franchise's history.

So why am I talking about King K. Rool and not Geno? Well, when he was revealed, I was pretty much set for life in terms of the roster. There were other characters I wanted of course, but K. Rool was so high above everyone else that him being brought to Smash had me like "Well, who do I actually want now?" I was that way for awhile until around the time of E3 2019, where the rumors/leaks for Banjo & Kazooie started popping up. I've never played the games and have no history with them, but I remembered they were always heavily requested for Smash but were impossible due to being irrelevant and owned by another company. Those kind of detractions felt similar to what I was faced when when clamoring for King K. Rool. That's when I decided to join the Banjo forum and become an active member there... for all of a week before Banjo was actually announced. I've never actively wanted Banjo & Kazooie, but seeing their hardcore fans' reactions to seeing a childhood icon be brought back from over a decade of abandonment touched me in almost exactly the same way as King K. Rool's fans reacted. It felt like I actually did want them in Smash all this time.

So now King K. Rool AND Banjo & Kazooie are in Smash. Who do I wanna support now? Well, next on the list was Geno, as he was also a popular request, even more dormant than Banjo & Kazooie, AND unlike them I actually played Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I liked Geno and the rest of the characters from that game a lot, and the great Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games that followed helped. Plus, I more or less missed the boat for integrating myself in Banjo's community (again, was only there for a week) so I figured maybe I could integrate myself here. Long story short, even with all the bumps we've had on the road, the past year and a half on this forum has been easily the best I've had as a Smash fan. I'm hoping that while Geno may not have always been a request for me, I'll feel the same way I did about Banjo & Kazooie, where maybe he WAS a request all along,

(I would have shouted out Ridley too but he was revealed before K. Rool so)

Last edited:

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
I'm as hype as anyone but I want to say this for anyone out there who needs to hear it-

Don't let your expectations set you up for heartbreak. I know for a lot of people out there game/smash reveals can be some of the most exciting moments for you. It's inevitable that people get emotionally invested in this.
Even if Geno never makes it to Smash, don't let it bring you down in your life outside of gaming. There's a lot more to life than Smash.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone. I actually haven't been on here the last few weeks. But with all this ending potentially tomorrow I would like to say a few things. It's been an absolutely great ride. There were some rough spots in the road a handful of times. And sometimes the wait could be agonizing, but nonetheless I overall enjoyed spending my time here speculating and supporting Geno. I haven't really been in Smash Speculation as long as some others have, but the time anyways has been memorable. I'm hopeful that tomorrow, will be the day. And if not, well, I plan on sticking through till the end regardless. Thank you all! Let's hope our wishes will finally be granted!!!

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Okay I have not been posting on this thread since I made that geno for smash video back in August and I believe its time for me to give my final words before tomorrow descends. Geno has always been my number #1 most wanted for a long time and even though I am prepared to face disappointment again (I WAS RIDING THE ISAAC HYPE TRAIN HARD BACK IN 2018 and well.... yeah I remember Nov 1st for a good reason.) Even though Isaac may not make it, If Geno is able to make it, that would make the game for me.
Do I also want Rayman? Heck yeah he was my childhood game on the PS2!
Do I want Master Chief? HELL YES!
Lastly Would I lose my mind if Shantae would become playable? OH YEAH!
But truth is, Those characters would just be bonuses for me if Geno were to get in.
He is a character that means so much not just to me, but so many awesome guys on here that how could I not get my hopes up so high for tomorrow!?
So basically gentlemen, its been a real honor to go on this journey and we shall see what tomorrow brings us at long last.
Here's hoping our wish finally gets granted.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I'll be very curious how tomorrow goes. I am not holding my breath, but still partly hopeful. Regardless of the outcome, it's been a ride ... for many and specifically it for me. I hope tomorrow's final post is a happy one from me. Take care.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Hi there, first time poster here, been lurking the thread since 2 or 3 days before Min Min's reveal. I've played the Mario RPGs for as long as I've had basic reading comprehension and I've supported Geno ever since I played his game and found out about all of the love and dedication of his fans.

Let's get this show on the road, motherfifers

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
Fingers crossed that the stars finally align for the star guardian himself to return. If not tomorrow, then at some other point in the Pass.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
Hi there, first time poster here, been lurking the thread since 2 or 3 days before Min Min's reveal. I've played the Mario RPGs for as long as I've had basic reading comprehension and I've supported Geno ever since I played his game and found out about all of the love and dedication of his fans.

Welcome aboard to the Geno Thread!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

Looks like OffBi OffBi Has some competition for the milk supply in this thread now

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
(Since somehow no one has posted this classic Geno thread meme, I thought I'd do the honors)

*The entire Geno thread the last couple hours after finally getting the official announcement of Fighter #7
28EBE0A9-A955-47C0-BD73-D5F714A3D5C3.jpeg

(I'm so happy that the thread has this energy again like that day in July before we knew the rumored Direct was a Partner Showcase! Seriously the drought to get to this point was unbearable and I am so proud of your guys' dedication and I'm praying to the stars that you all will get your wishes granted tomorrow!)

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
For a moment, let's put aside all the rumors and theories and focus on the two big, official, objectively true facts that are big boons in Geno's favor.
  1. Geno's Mii Costume hasn't returned, not with Hero, and not with the other four times they've held Mii Costumes since.
  2. Min Min has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Spirits don't deconfirm, and that they're willing to change up Spirits as they add characters.
We would be nowhere if it weren't for these two points right here. We've come quite a long way.

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Well, everyone else is putting in their final words and what better time to come back and say mine then the day before the reveal. (Well technically I never left, I've been lurking everyday since but whatever!)
I can't exactly remember when I found out about smrpg but I do remember being obsessed with it after watching chugga's playthrough and then watching the sequence where Geno was brought to life, well he became my favorite right then and there!
Lots of videos on smrpg and looking for art to stare at later and I find out about both smash and Geno being wanted for it (I believe this was somewhere before smash 4) and I was hooked with the mission! Unfortunately I have generalized anxiety disorder which made be super anxious to write anything on public forums and say anything and speculate with you guys... But for the day I joined here and right now I'm risking it!

:geno: SO LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD GUYS! GENO'S A-COMMIN'~!!!!:geno:
(and well if he's not 7 next then I'll just lurk around some more till he does get in :)) Also sorry if there's any mistakes I'm on mobile
Aww I wanted to share some art I did with you guys but it's not letting me post it? Maybe next time.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
For a moment, let's put aside all the rumors and theories and focus on the two big, official, objectively true facts that are big boons in Geno's favor.
  1. Geno's Mii Costume hasn't returned, not with Hero, and not with the other four times they've held Mii Costumes since.
  2. Min Min has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Spirits don't deconfirm, and that they're willing to change up Spirits as they add characters.
We would be nowhere if it weren't for these two points right here. We've come quite a long way.
Now that you mention it, I think that the ARMS character being basically all but guaranteed to be one that already had a spirit is what renewed my hope for Geno and brought me to this thread.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I won't lie, the fact that we were dropped this with very little time to "pre-hype", the fact that it's just sort of being unceremoniously dropped with just a trailer and no follow-up presentation when one should be done by now makes me a little scared that it'll end up being a character they KNOW the Smash fandom will hate and they just wanna drop the bomb and run

...Then again, the first rule of show business is to always leave them wanting more so maybe it's the exact opposite and it's our boi and they're gonna blue-ball us and have us crawling at their feet for more

Tomorrow will certainly be something

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I know this was brought up earlier today, but just wanted to bring this back up again.
IF it is Geno (Which to me, is likely) then what a hell of a coincidence that this was mailed to Nintendo and this announcement hits at exactly a year later.

Don't know about you, but I would flip if the trailer starts like Paper Mario TTYD but instead of the normal book, its the book Operation Starfall sent to Nintendo.

QQS

Smash Lord
Okay to finish my photo attacks I will post this last, my favorite back in those days, please credit the artist:

EA5D6E74-CC32-475D-82A3-FF59CCC1F930.jpeg

Its amazing how many of them are playable now and that Geno could be next! Mega Man was my most wanted ever and after he made it, Geno is. He will finish my dream and the dream of all here.

The first thing I made before was Mega Man vs Link (my héroes) and now will be: Geno vs Mega Man, third party dream.

Hope that tomorrow our wish gets granted. It will be surreal. It will be an utopia when Geno Joins the Brawl!

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think I’ve posted here before (and I haven’t posted on the site in a long time), but I’m hype for Geno! :geno:

He’s one of my most wanted characters and I feel like the stars are aligning for him.

If he doesn’t get in I hope he’s at least included as a premium Mii Costume like Sans and Cuphead. I would be happy with that.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Naturally I have something happening at the exact time as this reveal, so I can't see it until an hour later. I'm going to log off now so I can get some sleep and avoid Smash talk otherwise I'll never get anything done.

You're all a fine group and I hope for Geno tomorrow. SMRPG is one of my favorite games and while I liked Geno, I never entertained the idea of him in Smash. But his dedicated fans won me over, and now I hope to see him playable.

I will first check out the Smash site when I can tomorrow and if that's not updated, YouTube. And it will be wonderful to see him confirmed and imagine all the celebrations here in this thread overloaded the Smashboards servers.

I wish you all good luck and good night.

And Mallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom