• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Isn’t it the developers of xenoblade’s anniversary of the day they were created tomorrow. I know anniversaries don’t coincide with characters but boy we could be getting a xeno rep. Correct me if I’m wrong

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Isn’t it the developers of xenoblade’s anniversary of the day they were created tomorrow. I know anniversaries don’t coincide with characters but boy we could be getting a xeno rep. Correct me if I’m wrong
A Xenoblade rep is possible (I'm predicting them in this pass) and while tomorrow is indeed Monolith's anniversary, the evidence right now heavily favors Geno for 7.

MexoKatonSB

Smash Cadet
A Xenoblade rep is possible (I'm predicting them in this pass) and while tomorrow is indeed Monolith's anniversary, the evidence right now heavily favors Geno for 7.
lets be real though. Monolith is going to be going against itself. xenosaga fans and xenoblade fans going against each other

kos-mos vs rex

but that's a tale for another time

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Just got caught up. Damn, this thread blew up after the character reveal announcement, not that I’m shocked. Anyway, things look good for our puppet boy, and I’m very happy as a result, but ultimately, I’ll be fine with him not getting revealed tomorrow as long as he makes it in this pass in general. Here’s to hoping he gets revealed tomorrow though so we can finally move on with this portion of our lives!

:geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno:

What a ride it has been so far, huh?

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
If Geno does get in, anyone wanna make a cake for us to eat and share?

Preferably, making the cake that is the boss you fight at Marrymore in Super Mario RPG?
I was thinking the same however, send it to Sakurai's Smash team. in Japan? Think that could be possible? We can all contribute to it. Maybe Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom can assist in such a thing? :) its a thought.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
Hello everybody!

More then a year ago I’ve heard on Reddit there was a Geno support thread so I came to check it out! I especially came here during Hero’s and Banjo-Kazooie’s announcement then came back some time later that year and especially this year especially before summer, seeing everyone here hoping for Geno’s time to shine makes me so happy! I’ve always known who he was through people saying his name in walkthroughs and later searching his name up to see that he was a Mario character. Apparently I remember I was shocked when he was announced as a costume back then during Smash Brothers Wii U and 3DS so I knew much about him since even back then.

I really want him in Smash Bros. especially since me and my brother noticed his Mii costume was missing sometime after the game came out and being excited when fighting his spirit in World Of Light which I equip a lot during battles! Seeing all the speculation, theorizing and all the excitement going around for months, such as when we thought July 7th was his day or July 20th. For me I know that he‘s in and personally I feel like he is the next fighter! I’ve always wanted to join in for a while now and I especially considered joining in during the days when we thought he would be announced. Overall everybody here is dedicated to get an amazing character from an amazing game and each and every single one of you here are amazing! I know that tomorrow is going to be an amazing day for all of us here!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't know, I get a weird feeling about all this. Not necessarily bad, but there's certainly something in the air. Might as well get it on paper now that going into this that I think 7 is either Geno, another first party potentially, or maaaaybe Dante but I lean towards him way more on 8 and later. Leaning towards Geno obviously but like I said, something feels a little off.
I think Geno is a likely possibility.....

but it does seem like there's a group of fanbases who are pretty heavily expecting their character to get in tomorrow...or at least get revealed soon. (Geno, Crash, Dante, Rex etc) so it seems like there will be some feathers ruffled tomorrow. (though with Smash character reveals, I guess that's a given)

Even moreso if it turns out to be another complete wildcard like Terry.

To be fair you could argue every DLC character has been something of a wildcard, the only times we've expected Ultimate dlc characters have been because they were leaked to us beforehand.

(If I was forced to make a prediction for what character I thought would get in tomorrow it probably would be either Geno or Waluigi....but that's mainly based on the Mario tourney they're going to be hosting.....and trying to predict fighter reveals based on other events that are happening has always been kinda shaky business)

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oh man, what a surprise.

To think that after all this time of waiting, finally the next reveal it's going to be tomorrow. I was funnily considering it to be a bunch of nonsense when I kept seeing "Tomorrow is the day!" Posts yesterday but I guess there was some truth to it, hehe. Although with how many people keep saying "Next week, next week, next week, next week...", It was bound to happen at some point and someone was going to get it right.

Oh well, glad to hear it's finally happening. I am intrigued though with such a small timeframe for a reveal. 3 minutes and a few words by Sakurai after? What could it be? FP7 release date and info on the time frame of the remaining characters (a delay, perhaps), a word on FP8? Who knows, but at least we'll find out tomorrow.

I am not going to say hype responsibly but I will say that if it's not Geno and it's someone else, don't be too harsh on other people and yourselves. Just let it happen. Geno still has good chances after all.

If it's Doom Slayer, oh man, I'll consider the Star Warrior a half-lock at that point for the Cacomallow leak, easily. Hopefully it is the case.

:bowser: :starman: .

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
People heavily speculating on circumstantial evidence about Monolith Soft being the next reveal for a standalone live streamed trailer?
Did we just time travel back to July 2014?
This reminds me of not knowing anything about Xenoblade or FE Awakening and genuinely thinking Robin was Shulk when he floated down, just because I'd heard the name so much. Can't believe how long it's been already.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it odd that Nintendo didn't go out of their way this time to remind everyone that we're only get one fighter ?
Could we possibly get a double or triple reveal ???

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
How many times did Geno show up in a predictions video let alone being on the thumbnail?
Geno has appeared in various predictions and I do know that Geno is one of Andre's most wanted characters, but I don't think its often that Geno is on the thumbnail. I didn't watch the video yet, but I'm assuming these characters are like major predictions to them, which is exciting to hear.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Thank you for the Geno hat MisterMike MisterMike :D
Gosh, its going to be hard to sleep tonight. Longest night ever. :geno::geno:
No problem. So where are you gonna put it on your avatar? I ask because I don't think the vacuum of space can actually wear a hat...

turns on audio recording device

Yeah, I was about to bring that up. It's nice to see such optimism for Geno from these guys.

Hello everybody!

More then a year ago I’ve heard on Reddit there was a Geno support thread so I came to check it out! I especially came here during Hero’s and Banjo-Kazooie’s announcement then came back some time later that year and especially this year especially before summer, seeing everyone here hoping for Geno’s time to shine makes me so happy! I’ve always known who he was through people saying his name in walkthroughs and later searching his name up to see that he was a Mario character. Apparently I remember I was shocked when he was announced as a costume back then during Smash Brothers Wii U and 3DS so I knew much about him since even back then.

I really want him in Smash Bros. especially since me and my brother noticed his Mii costume was missing sometime after the game came out and being excited when fighting his spirit in World Of Light which I equip a lot during battles! Seeing all the speculation, theorizing and all the excitement going around for months, such as when we thought July 7th was his day or July 20th. For me I know that he‘s in and personally I feel like he is the next fighter! I’ve always wanted to join in for a while now and I especially considered joining in during the days when we thought he would be announced. Overall everybody here is dedicated to get an amazing character from an amazing game and each and every single one of you here are amazing! I know that tomorrow is going to be an amazing day for all of us here!
Welcome to the thread! Geno hat for you, as well:
Hat time.png

Now here is GameXplain's predictions, and look who is front and center on the thumbnail. ;) :geno:
You don't think that... mayyyyyyybe they did that because they know ahead of time that Geno is CP7?
Nahhhhhhh...
... unless...

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
No problem. So where are you gonna put it on your avatar? I ask because I don't think the vacuum of space can actually wear a hat...

Yeah, I was about to bring that up. It's nice to see such optimism for Geno from these guys.

View attachment 287574

You don't think that... mayyyyyyybe they did that because they know ahead of time that Geno is CP7?
Nahhhhhhh...
... unless...
👁 👁

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
People heavily speculating on circumstantial evidence about Monolith Soft being the next reveal for a standalone live streamed trailer?
Did we just time travel back to July 2014?
People: GUYS IT'S ANNIVERSARY OF "insert X thing here", We are getting a reval of "x thing"!!!!!!

Literally every single newcomer announcement except for Little Mac in Smash 4:
Am i a joke to you?

Droodle

Smash Lord
Geno has appeared in various predictions and I do know that Geno is one of Andre's most wanted characters, but I don't think its often that Geno is on the thumbnail. I didn't watch the video yet, but I'm assuming these characters are like major predictions to them, which is exciting to hear.
No, Geno is pretty much on the thumbnail of all their predictions video. I can recall, I think he only missed 1-2 thumbnails of their predictions videos; amd I'm pretty sure they always predict Geno inside the video.

Both Xenoblade and Geno tend to get featured on thumbnails plenty often, which makes sense because they like those series/characters, and they are decently likely bets. I don't really think it's a hint.

In total Geno has been featured in the thumbnail of at least 5 of their predictions videos for Smash Ultimate, and most of the times he's near the frontish. In total there are probably 8 or so predictions videos that they've made for Ultimate DLC (not entirely sure); I don't really think they are hinting at him through predictions/thumbnails. At least it's virtually impossible to tell if it's more than just a prediction, because they mention him every time they make one of these videos.

Last edited:

MexoKatonSB

Smash Cadet
has Gamexplain made predictions that were close or correct?

i think there was byleth they predicted? Min Min was also speculated on

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet

View attachment 287574

Nahhhhhhh...
... unless...
Thank you so much for the honorary Geno hat! I shall wear it with pride!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom