• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Maybe the brief message from Sakurai is him announcing a SMRPG remake or SMRPG2. Or telling the audience how requested Geno was throughout the years and nodding his fans to say your welcome.
Yeah, could you imagine that?
Geno Reaches The Seven Stars. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Super Mario RPG.
GoodBye Geno plays "Yup, that's right. Geno from Super Mario RPG is joining the battle. This was a interesting character to add, a lot of you may that I wanted to add Geno back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I am so excited this wish is finally granted. I hope you all enjoy his inclusion"

D

Deleted member

Amidst all this hype, I have to ask: Would you guys be alright if Geno were announced as one of those deluxe Mii Costumes?
If after all of this, Geno came back as a mii costume, regardless of quality, I'm throwing Smash Ultimate out of my house. Like, we have all of this potential evidence for his inclusion starting with the simple fact that they didn't bring his costume back with Hero and didn't bring it back four times after that. This is one of the most requested Smash characters of all time, doing his fans like that would just be cruel.

No, I would not be ok.

Colors

Smash Rookie
Another quick question. Has anyone bothered to identify what the image is within the Smash Logo?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I am sure Geno has a chance, if big, but to make sure, what is the recent evidence for him being in? As in, recent evidence, maybe from today and from leakers?
From today...

TL;DR version: Khan hard dunks on 7 being Crash, Monster Hunter, or a purely promotional character. He also utterly annihilates the idea of a MH character literally at all which is ice cold but I suppose an enormous boon for Dante fans.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I really hope something comes from this, a character that isn't a shill pick or at least something that can excite. But I fear the worst.
Edit: 238 people are in this thread right now, holy ****.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I really hope something comes from this, a character that isn't a shill pick or at least something that can excite. But I fear the worst.
Edit: 238 people are in this thread right now, holy ****.
Because they know what's coming, and are preparing for our glorious victory screech.

or to see how much we'll climb before the fall

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Amidst all this hype, I have to ask: Would you guys be alright if Geno were announced as one of those deluxe Mii Costumes?
I would be fine if it looks 100% as geno to be honest, it's a step forwards. It's better than NOTHING and having Ultimate still say "everyone is here" in a hypocrite way lol

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
From today...

TL;DR version: Khan hard dunks on 7 being Crash, Monster Hunter, or a purely promotional character. He also utterly annihilates the idea of a MH character literally at all which is ice cold but I suppose an enormous boon for Dante fans.
What do you mean a "purely promotional character". Wouldn't that rule out Geno?

Colors

Smash Rookie
What a relief, I'm glad it was something that simple. Thank you!

EDIT: I was going a little nuts with the idea that it was some kind of clue. Despite all my photo breakdown efforts, it does look like a simple flame backdrop, which is synonymous with Smash reveals and advertisements, so I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can't believe in less then 24 hours Geno might very likely be confirmed for Smash. It was a honor serving here with you guys. I'm going to miss Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's theorycrafting, QQS QQS and Enigma735 Enigma735 's passionate posts, OffBi OffBi , Lord Woomy Lord Woomy , and Franco Geno Franco Geno 's meme posts I'm going to miss it all. It was fun speculating with you all in this thread for the past 2 years and I'm going to miss you all that are leaving after he is announced.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
If after all of this, Geno came back as a mii costume, regardless of quality, I'm throwing Smash Ultimate out of my house. Like, we have all of this potential evidence for his inclusion starting with the simple fact that they didn't bring his costume back with Hero and didn't bring it back four times after that. This is one of the most requested Smash characters of all time, doing his fans like that would just be cruel.

No, I would not be ok.
See, and this is why people get so pissed about being jerked around for so long. When you release a "mystery box" pass without disclosing any of the contents, then take years to reveal them all while at the same time dropping breadcrumbs left and right, you have to expect people will react passionately about it, especially if you choose to bone the most dedicated of your fanbase. Here's to hoping our patience has been rewarded.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can't believe in less then 24 hours Geno might very likely be confirmed for Smash. It was a honor serving here with you guys. I'm going to miss Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's theorycrafting, QQS QQS and Enigma735 Enigma735 's passionate posts, @Offibi, Lord Woomy Lord Woomy , and Franco Geno Franco Geno 's meme posts I'm going to miss it all. It was fun speculating with you all in this thread for the past 2 years and I'm going to miss you all that are leaving after he is announced.
Even if Geno is not Fighter 7, the pass is not over yet; and we can still have more fun speculating before it's over.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No. Somebody like Corrin that hardly anyone asked for but basically got in to sell ****. That sort of thing. He does bring up a great point though. Hero is literally the only DLC character so far that was used as an ad of sorts and, lo and behold, he was a Square Enix character. Personally I think this gut punches another Pokemon rep but that's one of those debates that I would rather avoid.

Here's another way of putting it... Khan seems to be hard implying that the next character is getting in because people wanted them, not just to advertise something. It could honestly be both but it's not going to be someone that like 5 people wanted and is being used to sell Fire Emblem Beach Volleyball.

T2by4

Smash Lord
No. Geno is a fan-demanded character like Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo.

An advertisement character would be Cinderace or Impa.
An advertisement for SMRPG remake?..

Edit: Oof, thanks for the headsup Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Sakurai has stated he wanted more fan picks in the last season pass... So... hype?

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
No. Geno is a fan-demanded character like Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo.

An advertisement character would be Cinderace or Impa.
As much as I love Crash. I hate Activision. I almost feel like they'd FORCE Nintendo to agree to release him close to his new game if they wanted him in Smash period. That has been a looming thought in the back of my head for awhile. Who knows at this point?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If Geno does get in, anyone wanna make a cake for us to eat and share?

Preferably, making the cake that is the boss you fight at Marrymore in Super Mario RPG?

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
No, it wouldn't.
Super Mario RPG is getting remade because of Geno.
Geno isn't happening because of SMRPGR.

He'll be a fan requested character to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Mario.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No. Somebody like Corrin that hardly anyone asked for but basically got in to sell ****. That sort of thing. He does bring up a great point though. Hero is literally the only DLC character so far that was used as an ad of sorts and, lo and behold, he was a Square Enix character. Personally I think this gut punches another Pokemon rep but that's one of those debates that I would rather avoid.

Here's another way of putting it... Khan seems to be hard implying that the next character is getting in because people wanted them, not just to advertise something. It could honestly be both but it's not going to be someone that like 5 people wanted and is being used to sell Fire Emblem Beach Volleyball.
Just wondering; where is Crash Bandicoot in any or all of this?

Firox

Smash Master
I need you to be straight with me Fatman: Did Khan actually debunk Crash, MH and a promo (shill) character? I couldn't find the references in there. I honestly just want to know because it will make me hype uncontrollably.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I need you to be straight with me Fatman: Did Khan actually debunk Crash, MH and a promo (shill) character? I couldn't find the references in there. I honestly just want to know because it will make me hype uncontrollably.
About Crash, wouldn't he apply as a promotional pick? His game does come out on Friday, after all.

Firox

Smash Master
About Crash, wouldn't he apply as a promotional pick? His game does come out on Friday, after all.
While you're probably right, you're asking the wrong guy, dude. I'm trying to get the straight dope from Fatman since I'm too lazy to troll the twitter feeds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom