• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Well would you look at that...
Two weeks ago so...the original week that the Polish Amiibo leak said the rereleases would be back in May. So, let me get this straight... 7's original Amiibo wave really was supposed to be September 18.... Average days between character releases and Amiibo waves is about 12 days... 18 - 12 = 6. Sunday September 6th... You guys realize... This was...

THE ****IN' WEEKEND...
OF THE POSTPONED...
SMASH.
MARIO.
TOURNAMENT!
LET'S (and I cannot stress this enough). ****IN'.
GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited:

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
I've been following this thread for a while now, and your enthusiasm has made me want to complete SMRPG and love Geno even though I hated him at first, I wish you good luck and I hope he enters as a fighter.

In case there is still someone who has not read this wonderful comic from SMRPG, now is your chance, the credits to this incredible artist.

Good luck tomorrow !!! :geno:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Two weeks ago so...the original week that the Polish Amiibo leak said the rereleases would be back in May. So, let me get this straight... 7's original Amiibo wave really was supposed to be September 18.... Average days between character releases and Amiibo waves is about 12 days... 18 - 12 = 6. Sunday September 6th... You guys realize... This was...

THE ****IN' WEEKEND...
OF THE POSTPONED...
SMASH.
MARIO.
TOURNAMENT!
LET'S (and I cannot stress this enough). ****IN'.
GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Can you write all these "coincidences" up in a bite-sized, easily digestible chunk? I need to have all these things handy for my corkboard and string later on...

QQS

Smash Lord
Im commemorating all of the Route doing these things:

I read all The Essay from Fatmanonice Fatmanonice where he says Geno is #77; all The List from Polarthief Polarthief . AlI this while listening “Memoria! The very best of Yoko Shimomura”.

I can see Geno, I can breathe Geno. He is here 100% as I always believe.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Forgive me if it's been talked about already, but doesn't anyone else find it peculiar that the YouTube video's title has it called 'Sakurai Presents ???' and the amount of question marks used are the same amount used for Geno when he's first introduced in Super Mario RPG?

Geno.jpg

Geno 2.png

Coincidence? Likely, though to my poor knowledge I don't recall any pre-reveals doing that as well. Plus one can be hopeful, right?

D

Deleted member

Forgive me if it's been talked about already, but doesn't anyone else find it peculiar that the YouTube video's title has it called 'Sakurai Presents ???' and the amount of question marks used are the same amount used for Geno when he's first introduced in Super Mario RPG?

View attachment 287541
View attachment 287542

Coincidence? Likely, though to my poor knowledge I don't recall any pre-reveals doing that as well. Plus one can be hopeful, right?
Byleth was also ???, so

Was Geno in this whole time?!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what if Geno get's leaked sometime tonight by some credible leaker? Imagine in a few hours Shinobi comes out and says: "Looks like Nintendo is shooting for the stars. It's going to be a Smashing good time. :secretkpop:" I know Shinobi really isn't a leaker, but he did this with Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie before they were revealed so if he opens his mouth it's happening.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I don't want to dunk on the hype at all but I just want to share something real quick.

I'm sure some of you have seen this already, but I just want it to be known I was already making these arguments way before credible leaker I Ran Kan said anything like this.

Seriously people need to pay attention to the evidence in front of them inside of latching onto things or dismissing them based on how they feel.

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Wow this news is unexpected uhhhh I have no idea I feel like there's been like, 0 actual leaks about the content tomorrow so this may be a legit surprise. Crossing fingers for Geno for you guys!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Honestly, I really enjoy lurking this thread because it takes me back to when I wanted King K. Rool incredibly badly during the Smash 4 days. We had plenty of crazy rumors and theories going on back then, like how insiders like RogersBase and Stealth recieved "exciting news", debunking fake leaks, King K. Rool's trademark, and so much more. I honestly miss how much more active the King K. Rool thread was. A lot of people have moved on, since King K. Rool has been playable in Smash for the last two years, but I'll never forget the struggle and hope during that time before his reveal. Seeing how hopeful you guys are for Geno makes me really happy, as not only is Geno's support for Smash entirely grassroots, Geno's character concept is also about how he works with Star Road to make wishes come true. Geno is the embodiment of a miracle. You guys have been through way too much over the last several years, I'm rooting for Geno fans to finally get their character tomorrow. We Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo fans look forward to seeing Geno fans on the other side soon, cheers.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So I don't want to dunk on the hype at all but I just want to share something real quick.

I'm sure some of you have seen this already, but I just want it to be known I was already making these arguments way before credible leaker I Ran Kan said anything like this.

Seriously people need to pay attention to the evidence in front of them inside of latching onto things or dismissing them based on how they feel.
Honestly, I really enjoy lurking this thread because it takes me back to when I wanted King K. Rool incredibly badly during the Smash 4 days. We had plenty of crazy rumors and theories going on back then, like how insiders like RogersBase and Stealth recieved "exciting news", debunking fake leaks, King K. Rool's trademark, and so much more. I honestly miss how much more active the King K. Rool thread was. A lot of people have moved on, since King K. Rool has been playable in Smash for the last two years, but I'll never forget the struggle and hope during that time before his reveal. Seeing how hopeful you guys are for Geno makes me really happy, as not only is Geno's support for Smash entirely grassroots, Geno's character concept is also about how he works with Star Road to make wishes come true. Geno is the embodiment of a miracle. You guys have been through way too much over the last several years, I'm rooting for Geno fans to finally get their character tomorrow. We Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo fans look forward to seeing Geno fans on the other side soon, cheers.
I completely agree with both of these statements.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
WE DID IT!
WE SURVIVED

though this is the shortest i've ever seen something like a sakurai presents.

3 minutes? ...odd.
Maybe the brief message from Sakurai is him announcing a SMRPG remake or SMRPG2. Or telling the audience how requested Geno was throughout the years and nodding his fans to say your welcome.

MexoKatonSB

Smash Cadet
well whatever may come out of tomorrow. lets just try to accept it.

even if it doesn't seem like something great, see if the character is fun to play, and then go off of that.

you never know what might be around the corner until you take a peak

QQS

Smash Lord
So, Mario and Peach are in trouble againts Tabuu in a Forest. Tabuu strikes them over and over. They are resting on the ground with no hope at all. Suddenly, Bowser appears and aid them, but not for much longer, cause Tabuu join forces with Galeem and Dharkon. Mario, Peach and Bowser remain on the ground, hopeless, with no energy and about to die. Suddenly Kirby appears on the air flying on a star, direction to the sky to ask for help. Then the camera goes to Rosalina ordering Luma to look for their best soldier. So Luma go find ♥♪!? and tell him that some old friends on Earth need him. So ♥♪!? descends to Gaz's home and now the camera focus on ♥♪!? possessing the Geno doll...with the Geno awakens scene. After that, Mario, Peach and Bowser about to give their last scream before die, suddenly a Geno Beam appears outta nowhere and spread away Tabuu, Galeem and Dharkon, with the splash screen following of Rosalina's best soldier as: GENO SERVES A HIGHER AUTHORITY! So, Mario, Peach and Bowser cant believe it and look Geno as it they were dreaming. Geno just saved their lives. After that, Kirby descends with more help and brings Mallow to battle, striking with a Star Rain over the enemies while Geno prepares for their final move called Geno Flash. Then the SMRPG gang reunites and make a big hug between the 5 of them, while Kirby look them smiling with Luma over him. Mario and Geno then shake hands and Mario welcomes home his old buddy. The puppet regrets for being too busy out there but promises to never leave again. This is the Ultimate reunion. On a hill you can see Cloud and Erdrick looking with pride all this reunion. Mallow remains one of Geno's moves, costume and spirit. Geno comes home after 24 years. This is the Smash that will make everyone happy. Not just recognizable, fun to play. Forest Maze or Bowser keep as a stage, with many songs remixed by the queen Yoko Shimomura.

Finaly, Geno joined the Party...

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos Lord Woomy Lord Woomy Griselda Griselda TheCJBrine TheCJBrine Enigma735 Enigma735 R RetrogamerMax Firox Firox Kremling Kommander Kremling Kommander MisterMike MisterMike pinshadow pinshadow okamifire okamifire MattX20 MattX20 Nazyrus Nazyrus Paraspikey Paraspikey PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate ForsakenM ForsakenM Polarthief Polarthief TTF TTF Ovaltine Ovaltine NintendoKnight NintendoKnight AugustusB AugustusB Heoj Heoj RedMachine123 RedMachine123 valkiriforce valkiriforce Vector Victor Vector Victor Spatulo Spatulo YsDisciple YsDisciple CARMi CARMi Geno Boost Geno Boost Qeomash Qeomash Colors Colors T Trevenant Handy Man Handy Man Aerospherology Aerospherology CannonStreak CannonStreak Let Geno Smash Let Geno Smash @BananaSlammer LDGno97 LDGno97

Best wishes from Chile, Geno is here my friends. Nice to met you all.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
It makes me rather concerned when people like Imran start talking about this stuff. I'm not sure how I'd really feel if Monster Hunter Avatar Character was the chosen reveal for #7, but I don't think I'd feel anything particularly positive after all this time we've been waiting for some news..

Colors

Smash Rookie
Amidst all this hype, I have to ask: Would you guys be alright if Geno were announced as one of those deluxe Mii Costumes?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Amidst all this hype, I have to ask: Would you guys be alright if Geno were announced as one of those deluxe Mii Costumes?
Me personally? Yes. I would be content. ONLY because his body type fits with the model.. It wouldn't be nearly as painful as the K. Rool Mii outfit was... geezus.. That was just a joke, but do I think a Mii Gunner Outfit would do Geno justice?? No. No I do not. He would just be in Smash finally in a BETTER THAN NOTHING sense. That is all.

The main reason I feel this way is seeing what happened to Isaac after all that time. Anything related to him was held off until the very last Direct...only to find out that he was relegated TO A ****ING AT....again.... If it happens with Geno.. It happens. Sakurai has actually stated that he wants Geno though. Remember that. :p

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
I dont have much of an opinion on that as it simply isnt going to happen. But if it did id be disappointed and devastated for the rest of smash's lifetime.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Not really.

Would it be better than the Smash 4 costume? Yeah.

Would it feel like a bigger stab to the heart with how close Geno has gotten to being in this game and already being given this consolation prize last game? Also yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom