• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
It's weird how the stream title on Youtube is "Sakurai Presents" but they're saying it's going to be 3 minutes with a "brief message" from him.
I guess... Sakurai will be there for his message and this is why it's a Sakurai Presents? lol i don't know but i'm really hyped!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I wanna wish my fellow Genobros a special good luck tomorrow. It has been an honor to speculate with all of you if this is in fact the end of our journey. I am incredibly excited and scared for what is to come tomorrow, but that satisfaction we will get once this fighter turns out to be Geno will be all the more enjoyable.

LET'S GET THIS GOD DAMN SHOW ON THE ROAD!!! :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
i cant contain it why am i already crying tears of joy!?!?!? quick someone tell me to hype responsibly even tho i wont ;A;

Reactions: TTF

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I wanna wish my fellow Genobros a special good luck tomorrow. It has been an honor to speculate with all of you if this is in fact the end of our journey. I am incredibly excited and scared for what is to come tomorrow, but that satisfaction we will get once this fighter turns out to be Geno will be all the more enjoyable.

LET'S GET THIS GOD DAMN SHOW ON THE ROAD!!! :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno: :geno:
BRO ITS NEVER THE END, IF GENO IS REVEALED, ITS ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Now, what Mii character costumes do you expect to show up? (I do hope geno doesn't get his return to costume.)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Wow.. I'm actually surprised. A 3 minute long presentation. Must just be the literal reveal of the fighter with Sakurai making a small comment at the beginning or end. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, don't lose your heads or go crazy if it isn't Geno. UNLESS OF COURSE...it's someone like Tracer.. Then you have my full permission to burn bridges. :demon: I don't at all think she's likely, but even seeing fake leaks of a character like that makes me wonder what the world is coming to..

In all seriousness. What chance do you guys think the character is a 1st party or a 3rd party? I'd like to know. I do think it could still be a first party and 3rd parties usually do end up leaking don't they?

For me:

1st Party - 50%

3rd Party - 50%

I'm going to play this one safe.

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Funny you say that because 3 minutes is fairly long for a Smash trailer. Here are the characters that have been roughly three minutes or more so far since 2013:

-Palutena

-Robin and Lucina

-Cloud

-Simon and Richter

-Ken and Inceniroar

-Hero

-Byleth

The longer trailers have always been because of a twist of some kind in the second half.
If we somehow get bonus fighters, not to mention a hypothetical Geno and Waluigi double reveal in the same trailer, I think I might lose it. Not counting on it happening at all since Wah’s dead in the grave for me at least for now, but I’d scream so loud.

Colors

Smash Rookie
You know, a recent post on this page talks about potential splash page one-liners for Geno, and a lot of them are really good! Normally, I'd like something equally punny or relative to their origins but in this one special case . . . if it's Geno . . . I wouldn't mind if the splash page simply read, "IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!"

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Sakurai Presents is happening, guys!

Huh, well would you look at that! I guess I was wrong about it being next week! Here's hoping it finally happens! :geno:

I wonder why the video presentation is only going to be about three minutes long. I assume it's just a trailer, followed by some comments from Sakurai, but it seems different from the usual Sakurai Presents format, at least from how it's worded. Maybe the character won't release for a while but they wanted to get an announcement out there?
Yeah, that's kind of weird. Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

Ok, reading the official Tweet announcing tomorrow's "presentation", the part where it is mentioned that after the 3 minute video presentation, Sakurai will follow up with a "brief" message. Hmm, what if this "brief" message is a way to subdue expectations to then blow us away with a Smash Direct-length message; ending it off with the surprise reveal of CP 8? 👀
It's never been the case that they make big surprise announcements with these presentations. In fact, they tend to go out of their way to specifically not get people expecting more than what they've announced. So I'd advise against setting your expectations like that, 'cos you'll only be setting yourself up for further disappointment.

Not saying that you should hype responsibly, mind, just that you should hype realistically.

So.... probability of geno tomorrow?
Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...

... and by that I mean it's possible he could be next. :ultpacman:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wow.. I'm actually surprised. A 3 minute long presentation. Must just be the literal reveal of the fighter with Sakurai making a small comment at the beginning or end. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, don't lose your heads or go crazy if it isn't Geno. UNLESS OF COURSE...it's someone like Tracer.. Then you have my full permission to burn bridges. :demon: I don't at all think she's likely, but even seeing fake leaks of a character like that makes me wonder what the world is coming to..
Why is Tracer a burn the world moment? She's the poster girl for one of the biggest FPSes to FPS? She or anyone from Overwatch deserve a place in a game that's become about video game history.

She's very unlikely, but let's not act like she's an out of left field pick or anything.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would love for Geno to be next, but there's a very real possibility he won't be. I feel nervous.
Even if he's not, there are still four other unknown characters. I feel like he's likely to get in the Fighters Pass at some point, all things considered.

Between Square-Enix being more cooperative for Smash Ultimate compared to Smash 4, both of Square-Enix's flagship franchises being in Smash, it being Mario's 35th (technically 39th, if we're counting Donkey Kong - not sure why they're basing it on Super Mario Bros. and ignoring the games before that) anniversary, and Min Min's inclusion, his chances still seem high.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I know some people are panicking about the brief words from Sakurai after the presentation is concluded, but I don't think we really should. As stated earlier, it's probably going to amount to when the character releases or potentially when to look out for FP8. I really doubt he's going to bring bad news for this
They would have just aired it in the typical Sakurai Presents format if they were anywhere close to releasing any time soon tbh. Although I'm fairly confident with Geno tomorrow, seems unlikely that whoever it is will be coming out soon. It's in a similar situation to Banjo where at E3, the footage looked pretty much final but we still had to wait a couple of months. Granted I don't think it will be a couple of months, it's either really really late October or November.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey what's up! Yeah, I haven't been active here in a few months. But, it seems like I chose the right day to start posting again.
It's good to see you again, GodzillaGuy64.

Anyway, you guys remember what Ryce from ResetERA said about Geno before? He probably did not hint at him intentionally, but what if his posts about him weren't for nothing here? Just saying.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's both Geno and Mallow
Well, dear friends, here's something to consider. Here are all the multi character reveals that have happened so far:

-Charizard and Greninja

-Da Miis

-Technically Palutena (Dark Pit was low key revealed in it)

-Robin and Lucina

-Simon and Richter

-Ken and Inceniroar

Note that when there's multiple reveals the characters are either from the same franchise or thematically line up with one another.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Heh, I just remembered something. Time to pour the gasoline on this spark of hope and set it ablaze.

Y'all remember that CacoMallow leak from way back then? What if... tomorrow, CacoMallow is proven real? 👀 Geno + Doom Slayer dual reveal. :denzel:

Honestly though, the conservative expectation for tomorrow is to just expect one character to be shown off (along with its stage); CP 7. Now the hopeful expectation is that the presentation announcement is actually being tight-lipped over an extended message and we end up getting a dual reveal either being:
  • CP 7 revealed in the 3 minute initial trailer, then CP 8 revealed after Sakurai's message.
  • CP 7 and CP 8 both revealed in the 3 minute initial trailer
As to which characters I'm hoping to see in a dual reveal:
  • Geno + Crash, or
  • Geno + Doom Slayer

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Am I missing something? I don't see where this is being branded a "Sakurai Presents". It's just likely whatever the reveal trailer would be at E3 and then some comments about why #7 was chosen like it has been forever. 4-5 minute video max. Unless they just straight up go into the Sakurai Presents after the trailer.

That said...hype responsibly. BUT HYPE RESPONSIBLY!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~! I REFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE~!

1601478482615.png

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Why is Tracer a burn the world moment? She's the poster girl for one of the biggest FPSes to FPS? She or anyone from Overwatch deserve a place in a game that's become about video game history.

She's very unlikely, but let's not act like she's an out of left field pick or anything.
I wish I could agree. I just don't like anything at all about the character. She doesn't do a damn thing for me in any stretch of the imagination. I personally never want to see her in anything I grew up with lol. She is "new age" type of gaming. Not my cup of tea for representation at least. Opinions are opinions. And nobody can change mine about her. I just don't like her. Period.

Geno on the other hand.. I've never even played Super Mario RPG, so according to the passion of this thread and many people who love the game around the world, I have great memories to create. I was going to hold out to play it upon realizing how great of a shot Geno has to make it in Ultimate. Let's hope that day comes soon!

Last edited:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I barely slept last night, hoping I can get some sleep tonight. Lads and lasses, tomorrow could be the day! Geno is happening in fp2!

Reactions: QQS

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Here's a theory. Long trailers typically have a twist halfway. Geno starts and gets announced, halfway becomes a trailer for travis touchdown. If travis gets announced, it would have to be a fake out since every no more heroes trailer is a fake out of some kind, and saying there will be one character when there actually is two fits with it as well. They kinda line up, being more obscure characters for the most part.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here's a theory. Long trailers typically have a twist halfway. Geno starts and gets announced, halfway becomes a trailer for travis touchdown. If travis gets announced, it would have to be a fake out since every no more heroes trailer is a fake out of some kind, and saying there will be one character when there actually is two fits with it as well. They kinda line up, being more obscure characters for the most part.
That makes me think; this is going to be quite unlikely, but what if they showed two fighters in this new trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom