• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, a lot of insiders are really hammering in that Hyrule Warriors: Return of Jafar is basically the last first party announcement for this year besides Pokemon DLC and Smash

Though, I hardly think this rules out 2021 announcements
This is such a weird feeling, the date on Imran's Hyrule Warriors tweet is yesterday, but I remember seeing it what feels like a long time ago.

I'm really convinced that he's tweeted that before and possibly deleted it, but I guess there's no proof for that.

EDIT: And for clarity's sake, "a long time ago" could be upwards of a week, but not like a super long time ago

Last edited by a moderator:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well it's safe to say general directs are pretty much out for the rest of the year (most likely) and we'll likely have partner directs to announce things during this period.

But the question is, will they shadowdrop the Smash reveal? I mean we did end up getting a shadowdrop of Mario's 35th and even a new Zelda game. I would prefer if they announce these things ahead of time, but right now I just expect Smash to shadowdrop out of nowhere.
I think it's completely possible that they could shadow drop a Smash reveal / Sakurai presents video, especially if they're willing to for Mario 35 and Zelda, like you said. I think it's also equally as possible they give 24 hour head's up or something, but I don't think anything is exempt from being able to be shadow dropped after what we've seen the last couple weeks, hah.

And I'm cool with that, really. Sure, the reactions are nice, but we'll get over it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well it's safe to say general directs are pretty much out for the rest of the year (most likely) and we'll likely have partner directs to announce things during this period.

But the question is, will they shadowdrop the Smash reveal? I mean we did end up getting a shadowdrop of Mario's 35th and even a new Zelda game. I would prefer if they announce these things ahead of time, but right now I just expect Smash to shadowdrop out of nowhere.
They will shadowdrop the announcement for the Sakurai Presents, but not the reveal. They really value Smash reactions

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So, a lot of insiders are really hammering in that Hyrule Warriors: Return of Jafar is basically the last first party announcement for this year besides Pokemon DLC and Smash

Nintendo always gives us teasers for the next year around September (last general direct time as we've known for the past 4 years), maybe this time they will spread them across the remaining 2020 months if there is no general direct or a first party mini.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
So new Hyrule Warriors, huh? Considering I liked BOTW enough to beat it but not much more, I'm not as excited as I would like to be since I really liked the first Hyrule Warriors. I'll have to see more of it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
But the designs between Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors: AoC are different. All the designs unique to the OG HW are replaced by BoTW designs in the “sequel”, so it’s weird to “save up” Spirits from the first game to release when Age of Calamity launches.
Agreed.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo just revealed a special edition of Minecraft Dungeons.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1303362491288780802

Between this, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and BotW Warriors, on top of the Microsoft Xbox console reveal, it's a busy day for gamestuffs, isn't it?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, playable Tawna Bandicoot reveal for Crash 4, on top of news of a demo if you preorder the game. There's all kinds of stuff happening today. Neato!

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
It's finally September, and Nintendo woke up like Ramsey hungry for some good ****** food. Serving up them dishes cause Ninty knows that we'll love em'. Ninty ain't playing to impress the "judges" cause they already stylin' their five Michelin stars. The feast ain't done yet. :denzel:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well that was a surprise. I love BotW, so a game based on the seldom seen 100 years ago should be pretty sweet. Not really into Musou games though, so I'll probably just watch a let's play online or something.

Hmmm...I suppose, but I'm pretty sure I heard a substantial rumor that mentioned SPECIFICALLY a "Non-BOTW Zelda Game" that could have also predicted Geno! Meh. It's probably a lucky guess anyway, but it would be cool to look into.
Which one was that, again? My memory is failing me.

I highly doubt it. They know Smash reveals are a big deal to most people, and you can't get those nice big crowd reactions if you shadowdrop them.

Guys, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 was just shadowdropped https://twitter.com/frontierdev/status/1303317506061471745?s=21 I recall it being one of the titles insiders mentioned alongside Geno hints
Which one was that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See, Nintendo? Was that so hard? Actually listening to your fans for once? Legitimately NO ONE is mad about this, thank god. Makes a change to see something worthwhile, doesn't it?

Look at that overwhelming like-to-dislike ratio. The game looks DAMN good. The original Hyrule Warriors was one of the best titles on the Wii U, and combine that with something people have been dying to see ever since BoTW came out, and you get this.

Instant pre-order for me. Loved the first game.

Edit: I'd also like to point out the cutscenes. You could take them out of context and say they're for BOTW2, and no one would bat an eyelid, they fit so well. They really went the extra mile on this one, wow! I'm legitimately hyped about this, finally something to look forward to!

Last edited by a moderator:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well that was a surprise. I love BotW, so a game based on the seldom seen 100 years ago should be pretty sweet. Not really into Musou games though, so I'll probably just watch a let's play online or something.

I highly doubt it. They know Smash reveals are a big deal to most people, and you can't get those nice big crowd reactions if you shadowdrop them.

Which one was that?
I can't remember which one who said it, but I know RT3 was one that was mentioned for a while

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's pretty obvious what happened. Nintendo's Holiday 2020 was going to be stacked as holy hell but COVID-19 happened and everything has been delayed 2-4 months. Thanks to the Polish Amiibo leak, we have decent evidence now that there were likely several major things coming in September before COVID-19 ****ed everything up: multiple Zelda games, Mario All Stars, something involving Square, and something involving Splatoon. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the other foot to fall now that we know about Mario All Stars and HW2: Revali Goes to Prom. Beyond that, it's pretty obvious that everything that was originally October through December 2020 is now 2021 so, on the upside, Nintendo's Q1 and Q2 2021 should be absolutely stuffed and we should be hearing about a lot of these games soon.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace

Which one was that?
I don't remember! Hell, for all i know it could have been a random post on /V/, but i KNOW i heard it somewhere! If only i knew where...Anyone?...Bueller?...Bueller?,,, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?

a random user

Smash Journeyman
september-mario all stars
october-pikmin 3
november-hyrule wariors 2
december-
january-
febuary-mario 3d world
december is the last slot for a potentially big game, january is usually a throwaway title due to everyone spending their money at Christmas. with that there would be a first party game for the next 6 months, nintiendo doesn't release more than 1 game per month, so a first party direct is highly unlikely. Smash news will likely release on its own, or at some major gameing event, like joker at the game awards

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
Maybe we are undervaluing the potential of Nintendo doing something during TGS. I know the streaming lineup is set and Nintendo doesn't normally do the event, but a lot of their partners in Smash and Square are having events and I doubt the 9/26 date for more Hyrule Warriors news with Koei Tecmo having their block on that date is a coincidence.

Maybe we should be setting our sights on a Sakurai Presents during the Bamco stream?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
It's finally September, and Nintendo woke up like Ramsey hungry for some good ****** food. Serving up them dishes cause Ninty knows that we'll love em'. Ninty ain't playing to impress the "judges" cause they already stylin' their five Michelin stars. The feast ain't done yet. :denzel:
Woa-ho-ho, hold on there, Steely Dan! Remember what I said weeks ago about Problem Reaction Solution? Nintendo aint the savior here. This was all by design. It doesn't excuse their marketing department being ran by a bunch of monkeys on computers. No praise!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe we are undervaluing the potential of Nintendo doing something during TGS. I know the streaming lineup is set and Nintendo doesn't normally do the event, but a lot of their partners in Smash and Square are having events and I doubt the 9/26 date for more Hyrule Warriors news with Koei Tecmo having their block on that date is a coincidence.

Maybe we should be setting our sights on a Sakurai Presents during the Bamco stream?
I'm just trying not to think about it because the idea of tacking on another 2 weeks for a Smash announcement just gives me heartburn...

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Bamco ain't the producers. Only co-developer. So no there wont be any Smash related there

Firox

Smash Master

Wow...this kinda sucks. I mean, I knew 2020 would be a little underwhelming, but dang. At least we have smash to look forward to.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wow...this kinda sucks. I mean, I knew 2020 would be a little underwhelming, but dang. At least we have smash to look forward to.
Blame COVID. Pretty sure this year would have been legendary without it. Beyond that, we still don't know what the big third party games for the remainder of 2020 are yet and people have hard implied at least two for Switch are still happening: Monster Hunter and the SMRPG remake.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ok, The Age Of The Calamity is huge. We finally got a Holiday game, even that Khan, Grubb and Nate are saying that it will be the only one. Let's see the good news:
-As @BananaSlammer is saying. Everybody is happy with something Nintendo related in 2020
-Khan made a HW tweet yesterday so it show us that the Geno hint he made in July could mean something
-It show us that BOTW2 still in good development
-Nintendo still working with Tecmo, so this is big to Ryu Hayabusa's chances to be DLC
-This game could be like Star Allies and show to the people that a lot of Zelda characters could be perfect smash fighters
-Now that we are getiing something Zelda related, this is interesting to the Polish amiibo leak, which points to Mario and FF amiibos soon, which would be perfect to be lauched alongside Geno

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Blame COVID. Pretty sure this year would have been legendary without it. Beyond that, we still don't know what the big third party games for the remainder of 2020 are yet and people have hard implied at least two for Switch are still happening: Monster Hunter and the SMRPG remake.
Yep, and that's why for the remainder of 2020, we've got to keep our eyes peeled for the Sakurai Presents announcements for FP7 and hopefully FP8 before years end

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Geno is the next fighter, I will be okey dokey with waiting for most of the Nintendo lineup until 2021. Hell, I think I can wait until next September for FP8 if the next fighter is Geno.

Last edited:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
It's third party though.
True, but it’s still Mario. The original was published by Nintendo, one would think a remake would be, too. Plus if they’re counting HW as one of Nintendo’s last major 2020 titles, it’s Koei Tecmo, so I don’t know how much the third-party thing matters.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Mfw we get another full Musou game before Persona 5 Scramble even gets true confirmation for a Western release :smileye:

I'm definitely excited for it though! I put way too much time into HW. If this takes a more focused approach like Scramble seems to be doing, I'm all for it.

...Please give us a Smash announcement soon though. Hope she's not just blowing steam again when she says we're getting one.

Last edited:

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty obvious what happened. Nintendo's Holiday 2020 was going to be stacked as holy hell but COVID-19 happened and everything has been delayed 2-4 months. Thanks to the Polish Amiibo leak, we have decent evidence now that there were likely several major things coming in September before COVID-19 ****ed everything up: multiple Zelda games, Mario All Stars, something involving Square, and something involving Splatoon. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the other foot to fall now that we know about Mario All Stars and HW2: Revali Goes to Prom. Beyond that, it's pretty obvious that everything that was originally October through December 2020 is now 2021 so, on the upside, Nintendo's Q1 and Q2 2021 should be absolutely stuffed and we should be hearing about a lot of these games soon.
Splatoon spin-off and THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU TOO BABE (or just BDII)

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Mfw we get another full Musou game before Persona 5 Scramble even gets true confirmation for a Western release :smileye:

I'm definitely excited for it though! I put way too much time into HW. If this takes a more focused approach like Scramble seems to be doing, I'm all for it.

...Please give us a Smash announcement soon though. Hope she's not just blowing steam again when she says we're getting one.
to be fair multiple musou game come out each year, pretty sure one piece musou-4 came out a few months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom