• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Emily is legit with a pretty big asterisk in terms of a track record. Enough where she obviously has real info but enough stuff that turned out wrong that she isn't really reliable. She hasnt been super active for a few years now though and its just another person pointing towards tommorrow at this point. Lets just all go to bed (or I guess just wait until later in day if you live anywhere in Europe) and see what happens.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don’t think anyone in the Newcomer Thread was at all shutting anyone down who wanted to discuss Geno. It’s kind of the duty of our fan base to get other people on the Geno train by convincing them that the character is worthwhile and deserving of a place in Smash. Walking away and just calling people detractors because they aren’t convinced on Geno’s worth isn’t the way to go about it either.

I think everyone, everywhere should take everything with a grain of salt because we are in some incredibly uncertain times. That’s not to say that it’s not understandable to get excited for the possibility of an outcome that results in Geno but it is worth taking a step back and calming down a bit before jumping to conclusions. I know we here have a tendency to jump that shark.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Emily is legit with a pretty big asterisk in terms of a track record. Enough where she obviously has real info but enough stuff that turned out wrong that she isn't really reliable. She hasnt been super active for a few years now though and its just another person pointing towards tommorrow at this point. Lets just all go to bed (or I guess just wait until later in day if you live anywhere in Europe) and see what happens.
Trying to go to bed right now is like being a kid again and anxiously awaiting Christmas morning.

except this time i’m an adult with insomnia who could very well wake up to nothing tomorrow morning.

Anywho I hope good things arrive soon, preferably tomorrow but it’s no biggie if it’s not :^)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Isn't this putting others down?

Look, I'm not trying to be pedantic here, but this kind of attitude really doesn't help mend the divide.

Anywho, Geno.

I infinitely prefer a Bowser's Keep stage to Forest Maze. Much more visually interesting.

Wouldn't Cloud or Ike be a better fit?

I mean, Exor's a big sword. Cloud has a big sword. It fits. Kinda.
I want that if only to fill the void of a Bowser's Castle stage.

Seriously how in the blazes have we not gotten a Bowser's Castle in Smash yet.

Don't you DARE bring up the Paper Mario stage

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I want that if only to fill the void of a Bowser's Castle stage.

Seriously how in the blazes have we not gotten a Bowser's Castle in Smash yet.

Don't you DARE bring up the Paper Mario stage
We technically do in the form of bowser's castle on the paper mario stage. It's ****e but it's there.

D

Deleted member

This post was warned for flaming. Please be respectful of other opinions.
Isn't this putting others down?

Look, I'm not trying to be pedantic here, but this kind of attitude really doesn't help mend the divide.
I don't need a person from the Newcomer thread defending their actions. Go back there, and stay there. I blocked the thread for a reason. There's a divide because that thread has harassed this one on multiple occasions. If they gave me an apology for how they acted, then masybe I'll loosen up. Otherwise, **** off.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Most likely a joke, but maybe these guys:
Probably a joke

But yeah, I find Ryce to be one of the most credible leakers I've ever seen (I was there when he pretty much revealed Most of MVCI's Controversial roster). If it's not just a joke, I very agree that's very good for Geno

Is everyone here expecting a Shadowdrop though? or an announcement later in the week. I Don't expect them to just Shadowdrop Geno with no Announcement ahead of time.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
They got some nazi moderators that when you pour your heart and soul out in #vent and talk about how you feel like you are not normal and will always be a reject, they give you a warning and threaten that they could kick you. In other words affirming your feeling of rejection.
I just want to ask...are you ok? I wanna help if at all possible.

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
Me waking up this morning:
What?!?! 3245 pages?!? Last night it was 3442! Holy crap we move at the speed of sound for anything....
God, this entire week just keeps getting weirder.

Any source on that?

Now even Andre seems to be teasing stuff. The Twitter silence, the lack of event announcements, the looming presence of the Mario Collection supposedly being announced tomorrow, something has to give.
OOOH! That Ryce! Ha! Now, I remember... He was the guy that playtested Inceniroar and Plant in August 2018 and everyone thought he was full of **** because of how weird his description of their moves were.
Ryce posting about Geno is a really good sign. We’re in the final stretch. Let’s just hang in there a bit longer!
Wait, So I know Ryce is very credible. I'm familiar with him

So is it likely he was posting that because Geno happening might be a thing Tomorrow? was it just speculation. I just saw the post, so i missed the discussion...
Holy ****, I never knew a joke like this below and and the art I did could possibly be so relevant right now in the Geno Thread.
As we are all waiting...Smash speculation right now (I figured I do would this in 30 minutes for grins and giggles):

View attachment 284271
(Later: Waluigi: Hey, where's Sakurai?!?!)
(Geno: Umm..maybe he's running a little late?)

Maybe this will become a self-fulling thing by the end of this week/next week if we're lucky.😏
Since I am hoping something in September is going to happen soon, here's a Geno/FP7 arrival comic I drew to hold us over!
I wan to say a particular thank you shout out to QQS for helping me troubleshoot the image upload function and making this happen and your unwavering optimism in this thread! May the stars align!
Based on this, would guys like me to do a follow-up celebration on if Geno gets in?
View attachment 284037
View attachment 284038

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Just so we don't need a bunch of BS timezone conversions it's pretty much 2hrs and 25 minutes from the time I made this post. I hope we get something since I'd really like to know the next character of the pass but I'm not holding my breath much

Last edited:

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet
Just so we don't need a bunch of BS timezone conversions it's pretty much 2hrs and 25 minutes from the time I made this post. I hope we get something since I'd really like to know the next character of the pass but I'm not holding my breath much
Cheers for this. I'm always clueless when it comes to the different timezones.

Hopefully we get something today. I think there have definitely been some good signs, but you never can know with Nintendo these days.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Now, if Nintendo continues to disappoint and nothing happens today, does this mess up any insider's reliability? I'm not cheering for someone to be pegged a liar or fraud, but I found it weird that several people were hyping up Aug 28th, nothing happens (granted it was the 26th) and everyone was like 'Oh, silly timing' and immediately moved on. Basically, for all the push for the 28th, there was surprisingly no backlash from people that it was wrong.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Why are people expecting an announcement? I'd be glad to be wrong. But this seems to be the perpetual limbo or clock is right twice a day kinda thing.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Why are people expecting an announcement? I'd be glad to be wrong. But this seems to be the perpetual limbo or clock is right twice a day kinda thing.
Lack of a spirit event or tourney for smash, leakers hinting at today being an announcement for the Mario Remasters and how the major Nintendo Twitter Accounts didn't tweet at all yesterday and the direct archive playlist updating. Granted I don't expect anything but I'll gladly take the L

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A bunch of insiders have been implying we'll be getting something today, though they could just be messing with people. Some of them aren't even bothering to imply it any more:

Though at this point, if we get anything, I figure it will be the long-rumoured Mario remasters announced through a random tweet in an hour or two, like how Paper Mario: The Origami King and Pikmin 3 Deluxe were announced.

Also, Smash completely skipped its weekly event; the last time this happened was when Hero was released, which is probably why people might be thinking that we'll get a Smash announcement.

Last edited:

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
If the rumors end up being real (i really hope) i wonder if we will get something else instead of just the 3D collection announcement... The lack of a Smash event still looks weird and i don't see it exactly related just to the 3D collection... (Maybe they can announce a Mario Anniversary spirit event or something like that?)

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
No Smash event this week could imply something, but why would they skip an event just for an announcement of Smash news? Strongly possible that they aren't shadow dropping a character this week, and the last time they skipped an event, it was for Hero's release, not announcement.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
People are gonna kill me for saying this but I don't care, come at me !
If something is announced today, I hope it's an announcement for an upcoming direct this week and not shadowdrop announcements of huge things such as the Mario 3D remasters or the next DLC character for Ultimate.
I don't want to see Nintendo Japan/Europe/America or whatever going on twitter and posting this :

"This month is the 35th anniversary of everyone's favorite plumber ! What can we do to celebrate that ? Collecting stars ? going on vacation ? maybe exploring our galaxy ? How about doing ALL 3 OF THEM ! We are extremely happy to announce the remasters of our beloved 3D Mario games ! Have a nostalgic trip as Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy will all be remastered with improved graphics and gameplay ! All 3 in 1 game ! It is time to jump out of the pipe, hover in the sky and reach for the stars !"

"Speaking of the stars, one of them is shining more than the others... this star has actually a very specific name : ♥♪!?. But it's hard to pronounce so you can call it Geno and soon, you will hear that name in Super Smash Bros Ultimate as Geno from Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars makes his way into the battle as the next DLC fighter ! Geno grants one last wish, the wish that will make people never ask for anything ever again !"

"To coincide with Geno's arrival in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, we are also releasing Super Mario RPG on the NSO SNES collection... this game started the huge adventure of Mario and his friends in the RPG world with some unforgettable characters such as Geno, Mallow, Bukki, Smithy... its successor, Paper Mario also had beloved characters... how about we see them one more time ? We are happy to announce that a remake of Paper Mario 64 and TTYD are now in development ! Don't shed a tear !"

Yes, it would make people very joyful but... where is the surprise ? Why can't we make sure that we got prepared to get suprised instead of going on the internet, saying that the 3D games got remastered nd say "oh ok" ? I'd rather have these announcements in a direct later in the week than today in random tweets. Also I think we will get something today : the announcement of an upcoming direct. That's what I think we are going to get and that's what I'm hoping for.

Last edited:

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
ZHUGEEX hints at Mario games releasing this month
Tom Philipps posts the Mini Direct ****post Chibi Robo
No Smash event

Mario Presentation? Geno/Waluigi?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So, 9AM EST or 10AM EST for a Mini Direct drop or twitter reveal? Over/under on SM64 being just the original or having the DS extras?
As long as the camera is better and they have fixed the bugs, then that would be enough for me. But it would be sweet if the remake was on the DS remake but with proper controls although I doubt it

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
I think this might be a full on Mario Direct. His time might have come, maybe, Sakurai Présents announced in the Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom