• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It´s going to be games that are already announced so there won´t even be a new announcements people

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
At least I won't be missing anything during my training lol. We should have known they wouldn't drop Smash news without some time to allow people to prepare. Could still get something soon I suppose. I don't understand why they would be sitting on all these supposed announcements.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Oof, didn't really expect a new type of direct. It's better than nothing, but really; no new game announcements? Guess it'll mostly be BD 2 and Travis Strikes Again. 10 mins is too little time to show anything major.

I expect people to start wondering when the next ACTUAL direct is right after, which I'm going to guess now is in August/September?

It sucks though because unless another direct happens soon after, then all the Geno talk by insiders didn't really mean anything.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if there will be another presentation announcement in the direct? Seems odd its only 10 minutes and we have no clue what the 2nd half of 2020 looks like

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Point me to where an insider has gotten anything wrong about tomorrow.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They better say sike and do another one for their first party content later in the week cause lol 10 minutes lol they don't have anything first party announced for the rest of the year.

What are they doing?

What. Are. They. Doing.?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I just wanna say this right now. I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, love this thread and all of you. I know I have only been here for three months and that is nothing compared to how long most of you have been here for, but throughout this time, I have made tons of new friends and for the first time, I actually feel accepted. I actually feel like people want me around and I feel really comfortable here. I love how we all have serious conversations about speculation, but at the same time, we can also crack plenty of jokes from time to time, and I absolutely love that about this thread. Just reading everyone's messages is enough to get a huge smile from me, and even a good laugh. People criticize this thread a lot, but I think most people are just jealous that we have such a dedicated community of supporters who just wants to see our star puppet finally join the fray, and words can't describe just how much respect I have for this entire thread.

If Geno does get revealed soon, and if our journey really will be over soon, then I just want people to know that I ain't going anywhere. I have built a huge connection and soft spot for this thread and the people in it that it would be heartwrenching to leave you all behind. I'm so glad to have met you all and I can't wait to see the future of this thread and to finally see our long lost starsend savior finally join the battle.

Much love to everyone here. <3

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I can already tell the people teasing are gonna pull a Sabi and try to escape this on a technicality. "Oh well I didn't say it was gonna have any big announcements, you just overhyped yourselves to think that."

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Oof. I can't think of a single announced game that I'm actually interested in. This is nothing for me.

Scratch that - it's an excuse for them to act like they've done their job with advertising and push back any announcements by a few months. This is literally worse than nothing.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
10 minutes is long enough to see release dates for several games that previously had none. And maybe if we're lucky, a 60 second long newcomer reveal. But more likely, they'll announce an actual Nintendo Direct at the end of all this.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
"Finally we're getting a direct."

> It's a mini.

"Minis can be good."

> It's only for announced games.

"...Well BOTW 2 has been announced..."

> It's 10 minutes long.

Game_Over.jpg

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yea, insiders seemed pretty convinced that today was going to be something super worthwhile when it clearly just isn't.

What is wrong with Nintendo's marketing team this year? Do they even exist at this point? Forget Smash or any of the rumored announcements, I just want SOMETHING from Nintendo. Literally, Z E R O games from them that even have release MONTHS, let alone dates. We have nothing to look forward to from them in 2020 yet apparently this is the time to get updates on PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED THIRD PARTY STUFF? WHAT ARE THEY SMOKING?

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
I wonder if there will be another presentation announcement in the direct? Seems odd its only 10 minutes and we have no clue what the 2nd half of 2020 looks like
I doubt it. It makes 0 sense to separate portions of the direct and serve 3rd party and 1st party news individually, it'll likely be things like Travis Strikes Again, BD 2, and maybe SMT 5/Bayo 3 + a montage real of smaller games/ports AND MAYBE if we're lucky a new game announcement at the end. They're probably saving their own info for August or more likely September. This sucks.

I guess there is some hope if they consider developers like IS, Camelot, and the Bamco Smash team as "partners" because they don't technically own them. But I have my doubts.

D

Deleted member

Welp, it looks like we might not get any Smash news. If we do, I think it would be from a third party company. Nintendo is extremely incompetent this year with the severe lack of new 1st party announcements and even going almost 8 months with only one reveal. I guess GameXplain might be right about along. Still, that makes no sense. They might as well go behind with the announcements. Hopefully, they will be a general August direct. Honestly there is absolutely no excuse not to announce another character at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Nintendo needs to fire their entire marketing team. Pandemic or not, this year has been a cataclysmic failure for them in terms of communicating with their consumer base.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
View attachment 279367
"It's gonna be worth it"
"It's not a mini"
I can understand where the “not a mini” confusion came from, Kelios got the heads-up that it was going to be announced beforehand, and normally that would mean not a Mini. The ones hyping up how it’s going to be really, really good, though? Those people just lost a ****-ton of credibility.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
In b4 "insiders" catch a ton of flack for this and then start calling people "racist" for been disappointed after the hype THEY put out.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How could insiders have gotten the timing of the announcement right, but miss out on the fact it seems third party based?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
We got our Direct, but boy, it sure came with a Kong's paw.

What the hell is up with Nintendo? I'd understand if it's the pandemic, but they've gone on record to say that things have been on-track for the most part. They just literally have nothing. How do they manage to drop the ball this hard?

I'm not even mad tbh, I'm just kinda flummoxed and... ridiculously amused at the perceivable incompetence.

Oldhead

Smash Rookie
Here’s my take on the announcement tweet. Those are two separate sentences that contain two separate thoughts.

“a series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners” This is kind of what they were alluding too when they were saying they were reevaluating how directs would be presented. There may be smaller directs focused on specific partners/third parties. I think all the rumors about Microsoft are accurate, MCC for Switch, or even the fabled Game Pass/game streaming for Switch could be coming.

“We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously-announced #NintendoSwitch games” This is an entirely separate statement not connected to the first; this direct will have both a focus on outside partners/developers AND give updates on existing Nintendo titles. Super Smash Bros Ultimate is an existing Nintendo title...

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Nintendo needs to get their **** together. This has gone so far beyond what can be excused by the virus. Every other game company is fine. Nintendo just had literally nothing planned for this year.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Only 10 minutes? That changes stuff. Welp. I hope it's many things shown instead of one thing.

Otherwise, you could have just said that it's a direct for that one thing instead of making it seem like it is a general type of direct (mini or otherwise).

IT'S SOMETHING, AT LEAST. Even if some people are saying it's worse than nothing. I disagree. At least we're not left with zero things. There's attention.

This could keep the company going forward when any eventual showcases are more 'broad' and 'informative' as the world settles down like that whole September thing with Third Party companies.

:bowser:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom