• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Heres a fun little idea, what if all of Season 2 are spirit/mii fighter upgrades only? Who would you think or like to see? Here are mine.

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario

Firox

Smash Master
Heres a fun little idea, what if all of Season 2 are spirit/mii fighter upgrades only? Who would you think or like to see? Here are mine.

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
1) Geno
2) Matthew (from Golden Sun)
3) Rex and Pyra, or Mythra/Pyra solo
4) Rayman
5) Shantae
6) Protoman

I know it's kinda samey to yours but these would be the most sensible picks to me.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
Change Ribbon Girl to Isaac for his fans and Paper Mario to Bandana Waddle Dee, and you'd have an ideal set up in my opinion

Polarthief

Smash Lord

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
1. Meh but I think she deserves it given her legacy with Smash, plus if she was the first indie to get in, I don't think anyone would be that upset. Her, SK, or something-Undertale.
2. #1 on my list so obviously yes
3. Meh
4. Meh but same as Shantae minus the indie bits
5. Yes please especially her or Twintelle (my mains)
6. #3 on my list so hell yes assuming he's 64/TTYD-based and not SS/CS-based.

That said, while I'd personally be happy with this FP, it won't happen because it's really lacking those huge-name characters from third parties. Geno's fan demand for Smash is big, but he's not a "big name character" outside of Smash. I'm talking like Crash (probably the highest chance to get in after Geno), Master Chief (50-50 on this one), Sora (who I still think doesn't have a chance in hell because Disney), etc. Also if it was strictly promotions, I'd say Waluigi definitely deserves a spot because if there's anyone who can make a real character redesign out of him, it'd be Sakurai, since Nintendo clearly doesn't want to.

Firox

Smash Master
Change Ribbon Girl to Isaac for his fans and Paper Mario to Bandana Waddle Dee, and you'd have an ideal set up in my opinion
I would have DEFINITELY said Isaac, but note that the upgrade was said to apply only to spirits and mii costumes. Since Isaac is an AT, he's technically disqualified from this particular exercise.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to get up on a soap box real quick to start this post off because the last few days have been rough, to say the least. I complained a bit in the good ol Star Road discord but there's a lot of folks here that aren't there and I feel like as many people need to think about it as possible:

COVID-19 has been floating around in China since November, according to postulation by people who know a lot more about infectious disease than I and most people here know. The world sat around and scratched its ass while a new to humans virus caused rare, SARS-like symptoms 17 years after the SARS outbreak, which is another complaint all in itself... But my gripe is with the great western freakout we're seeing now, three months after the point that we should have been cautiously preparing. China has more than 80,000 cases, most of them in a city with 12 million people. That's a really low percentage, and if you'll look on the bright side with me for a moment, more 56,000 of those have recovered, and those are outdated numbers. Japan, one of, if not the first place outside of China to report infection has managed to keep their caseload under 1000 despite, much like China, living ass to elbow in their urban centers. Even South Korea is reporting fewer numbers of infections after a worrying outbreak.

But just because this **** is on the rise in the United States and Europe does not mean that now it's time for the world to be "falling to pieces" or "on fire" or whatever your phrase of choice is. Either it was already falling to pieces or it wasn't and you just care now that the problem is in your back yard, pick your poison. To remind everyone, the black death killed probably 50% of the global population in the 1300s and, it's often overlooked, but it continued to literally plague Europe for three hundred ****ing years. The plague bacteria still exists, did you know? The outbreak of influenza in 1918 resulted in the infection of 27% of the population of the planet, and lead to the deaths of anywhere between 3 and 5 percent of the global population. I think it's safe to say that things have sucked for as long as humans have had society and things will continue to suck for as long as we have society. It's natural to complain that the government or whoever isn't doing enough, and sometimes it's true. Trust me, I know that healthcare in the United States is a ****show and that comes from someone with insurance. Just count your blessings that we're not dealing with something on the level of the plague.

Is it weird when you start getting slammed with news articles talking about how things are closing and things are being canceled or delayed? Yeah, that's crazy. Maybe it's an overreaction in some cases, like professional sports, assuming the players themselves remain healthy, but limiting contact with other humans is the best defense against disease that spreads through proximity. Wash your ****ing hands, take a goddamn shower, eat healthy, stay away from people. This is probably weird coming from an admitted slight hypochondriac, but educate yourself not only on this virus, but other infectious microbes. Strangely, the more you learn about it, the less scary it gets (as opposed to the universe, which gets scarier the more you learn about it). And... toilet paper does not cure this disease and we make tons of it right here in the United States - trust me, we do not rely on a supply chain from China to provide us with ass wipes.

Achievement Unlocked: Nail a double entendre on your soap box

Now that I'm off of the soap box, I hope that the NOA employees with this virus have it very mild. Everyone in their department is probably losing their ****... I know I would! I'd like to make the bold assertion that unless COVID-19 causes Nintendo to close worldwide, we're getting a Direct. Nerve racking as it is to have to leave the comfort and relative safety of your home, most businesses are still in business the world over, and when Hollywood says "maybe it's time to knock it off on the kisses" and the world of sports says the same thing, video game companies are looking at prime time to get people interested. If I had a subscription based MMO, I'd knock the price down for a little while. Same if I were in charge of a streaming service, honestly. And for the overwhelming boomer majority in this thread, don't worry. I know you've all got a backlog, probably already on the Switch, don't get me started on the years of games you probably didn't finish going back as far as the Gamecube.

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
1) Geno
2) Matthew (from Golden Sun)
3) Rex and Pyra, or Mythra/Pyra solo
4) Rayman
5) Shantae
6) Protoman

I know it's kinda samey to yours but these would be the most sensible picks to me.
I would love to get a golden sun rep in. Isaac is prefered but if we go spirit upgrades only Mathew is a great pick, or maybe one of the other main characters, like jenna, we get a more mage like character in the game plus still all the golden sun stuff. Yeah ill replace ribbon girl with her.

I would rather have Jenna, because while i love golden sun rep i think sje would be a bit more unique in gameplay. Otherwise good picks.

1. Meh but I think she deserves it given her legacy with Smash, plus if she was the first indie to get in, I don't think anyone would be that upset. Her, SK, or something-Undertale.
2. #1 on my list so obviously yes
3. Meh
4. Meh but same as Shantae minus the indie bits
5. Yes please especially her or Twintelle (my mains)
6. #3 on my list so hell yes assuming he's 64/TTYD-based and not SS/CS-based.

That said, while I'd personally be happy with this FP, it won't happen because it's really lacking those huge-name characters from third parties. Geno's fan demand for Smash is big, but he's not a "big name character" outside of Smash. I'm talking like Crash (probably the highest chance to get in after Geno), Master Chief (50-50 on this one), Sora (who I still think doesn't have a chance in hell because Disney), etc. Also if it was strictly promotions, I'd say Waluigi definitely deserves a spot because if there's anyone who can make a real character redesign out of him, it'd be Sakurai, since Nintendo clearly doesn't want to.
I am surprised we never got arms rep. Twintell is my fave but sakurai likes main characters.

I dont think we absolutely need all giant 3rd parties. Shantae and rayman are very big name third parties, Geno is very widley known xenoblade 2 was immensely popular, and everyone loves paper mario. I guess if you really need 1 big third party, maybe 1 from this wouldnt be a spirit upgrade, and i think crash could replace arms rep

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
In no particular order
Geno
Black Knight (yes I know another Fire Emblem character... but he should have been included over Chrom in the first place -_- And I say that as a fan of Chrom)
Shantae
Rayman

Don¨t know about the two other spots

I am surprised we never got arms rep. Twintell is my fave but sakurai likes main characters.
Arms suffered what Astral Chain did for DLC... Too young of a franchise during the production of the base game

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
So spirit/costume upgrades and not Assists?
1. Geno
2. Ray MkIII
3. Matthew or Felix
4. Rex and Pyra/Mythra
5. Rayman
6. Eggman

D

Deleted member

Arms suffered what Astral Chain did for DLC... Too young of a franchise during the production of the base game
The only thing ARMS suffered is probably that Sakurai doesn't care about it. Springman was made into an assist trophy which as far as I'm concerned means he could have been a character.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
ARMS just suffered from being a relatively meh game at launch and still being a relatively meh game years later. Like yeah fights are fun for a bit, but sometimes you just wanna do something different. It would have been a great Gamecube-or-earlier era game, but it's way too lacking in content for a full $60 title in 2020.

That said, there's one thing it does stupidly better than Smash, and that's having a lobby where more than one match can happen at a time.

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
My list would be,

1.Gen
2.Isaac
3.Dixie Kong
4.Skull Kid
5.Bass(From MegaMan)

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Sup, Geno boyos?! How do you like my new avatar? Geno be takin' the world by storm, baby!
Getting some Gurren Lagann vibes here.
OUR GENO IS THE GENO THAT WILL WHIRL THE HEAVENS!!!! 9999

aside from Geno, Isaac is a must for me. I doubt he'll get in, but the Golden Sun saga has earned it's right to be represented as a main fighter in Smash - at least in my mind it has.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
From base game (in order):

1. Geno
2. Rayman
3. Isaac
4. Krystal
5. Magolor or Dixie Kong or BWD
6. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl or Skull Kid or maaaaybe Shantae or Waluigi

Free for all (in order):
1. Geno
2. Rayman
3. Wesker
4. Isaac
5. Krystal
6. Magolor or Dixie Kong or BWD (not much changes)

Edit: obviously I can't read because I included ATs but I also forgot Eggman who would rank above Krystal.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
Mine would be:
1. Geno
2. Rayman
3. Ninten
4. Tetromino
5. Black shadow
6. Captain syrup

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
can someone provide context here?

why is a doujin leak guy important? What have they leaked in the past? Anybody know?
The context is that, in November I believe, it was allegedly leaked that a number of prominent Tohou composers would be working on Smash music but the specific details were unknown. Many took this as a potential confirmation of eventual Tohou stuff in Ultimate but, like anything else, there's a number of ongoing debates of whether this actually means Tohou content in Smash or even if the information was legit to begin with.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Aside from me thinking this leak is not true, I personally don't think we will get a Touhou character in Smash. I don't know if it's just me but considering it is an indie franchise and with prominent indie characters getting Mii Costumes, people here in the West will probably be very pissed off this one indie series that is prominent in Japan (sounds familiar, huh?) will get the best treatment.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Aside from me thinking this leak is not true, I personally don't think we will get a Touhou character in Smash. I don't know if it's just me but considering it is an indie franchise and with prominent indie characters getting Mii Costumes, people here in the West will probably be very pissed off this one indie series that is prominent in Japan (sounds familiar, huh?) will get the best treatment.
They could always to another Luminary/Banjo

Also.. they have put the XCR up on the E-shop now.
https://twitter.com/ActualAero/status/1238525270094688257
And mom is kicking the c-virus ass :bluejump:

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
can someone provide context here?

why is a doujin leak guy important? What have they leaked in the past? Anybody know?
The doujin leak guy was kicked from a 5ch board for leaking the oficial Touhou mangas. So he's kinda credible when it comes to Touhou stuff.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
Oh, that's easy.
  1. Geno
  2. Isaac
  3. Rex & Pyra
  4. Waluigi
  5. Shantae or Shovel Knight
  6. Takamaru
And because there's a hell of a lot of Spirits, I'll list some of the other Spirits I'd like to see make the jump.
  1. Wart
  2. Paper Mario
  3. Din
  4. Nightmare
  5. Black Shadow
  6. Medusa
  7. Viridi
  8. Eggplant Wizard
  9. Lyn
  10. Black Knight
  11. Raiden or The Boss
  12. Shadow, Tails, or Silver
  13. Glass Joe or King Hippo
  14. Alucard
  15. Giga Bowser
  16. Tabuu
  17. Fighting Polygon Team/Wire Frames/Alloy Team
  18. Mach Rider
  19. Saki Amamiya
  20. Rayman

And mom is kicking the c-virus ass :bluejump:
Oh, sweet! Looks like she's gonna make a full recovery!
GenoHappyHop.png

Reimubros and Genobros shall unite!
Well... I guess it fits. I mean, they both serve a higher authority.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Oh, that's easy.
  1. Geno
  2. Isaac
  3. Rex & Pyra
  4. Waluigi
  5. Shantae or Shovel Knight
  6. Takamaru
And because there's a hell of a lot of Spirits, I'll list some of the other Spirits I'd like to see make the jump.
  1. Wart
  2. Paper Mario
  3. Din
  4. Nightmare
  5. Black Shadow
  6. Medusa
  7. Viridi
  8. Eggplant Wizard
  9. Lyn
  10. Black Knight
  11. Raiden or The Boss
  12. Shadow, Tails, or Silver
  13. Glass Joe or King Hippo
  14. Alucard
  15. Giga Bowser
  16. Tabuu
  17. Fighting Polygon Team/Wire Frames/Alloy Team
  18. Mach Rider
  19. Saki Amamiya
  20. Rayman

Oh, sweet! Looks like she's gonna make a full recovery!
View attachment 265639

Well... I guess it fits. I mean, they both serve a higher authority.
Maybe I should just made a list of 20 since I obviously couldn't keep it to 6 xD

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
It's funny, I had a dream weeks ago where I saw Geno and Reimu who looked like Marisa (it wasn't an alt costume but she really looked like Marisa) in Ultimate. I saw the battle loading screen and the fight. The music in the background was "Fight against an armed boss" and the arena was a city. And now you're telling me that both of them could get in ? I had MANY weird dreams that became real

I hope that both of them are in, they are in my top 8 most wanted. For Reimu, I hope we will get at least the ZUN design (the one with short hair) which is like 100x better than some others... also some specific songs too

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
It's funny, I had a dream weeks ago where I saw Geno and Reimu who looked like Marisa (it wasn't an alt costume but she really looked like Marisa) in Ultimate. I saw the battle loading screen and the fight. The music in the background was "Fight against an armed boss" and the arena was a city. And now you're telling me that both of them could get in ? I had MANY weird dreams that became real
Have you by chance dreamt up any lotto numbers? Asking for a friend.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
no but I dreamt about winning money. Days later in the reality, I won 200€ (I'm not joking)
FYI, I'm MisterMike MisterMike 's friend and we agree to split it 50/50.

So can you point me to where I can pick up some great money and also Geno in Smash?

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
That 2B tweet by NoA is old news, have y'all seen that they straight up CONFIRMED ****ING CACOMALLOW?!?!?!

We did it lads! It's real!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That 2B tweet by NoA is old news, have y'all seen that they straight up CONFIRMED ****ING CACOMALLOW?!?!?!

We did it lads! It's real!
I'm gonna need context. That's is a weird tweet

MisterMike

Smash Champion
MisterMike MisterMike Any chance I could snag a Geno Hat or two here? I have -1 skills in photoshop, but would love to rep my colours.
Okay, made a few versions.
KoojKoojGeno1.png

KoojKoojGeno2.png

KoojKoojGeno3.png

FYI, I'm MisterMike MisterMike 's friend and we agree to split it 50/50.
I didn't agree to this. I don't know this man.

I'm gonna need context. That's is a weird tweet
They're referring to a guy named CacoMallow. Malo Mart Malo Mart is just making a funny.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Wow the fundraiser is at about a third of the goal. I wonder who this Fatman O'Nice is with the big bucks. Look at us going crazy over no general direct and lackluster Smash news must be nice to be us huh? I can't imagine how much it would mean to me if I was in a situation that one of those kids that Starlight helps is in and someone went out of their way to Grant my wish or just show that they were thinking of me. It's times like these that it really helps to step back and get some perspective. The world is falling apart around us. In my county in Maryland they just closed all the major local day programs meaning that as an essential staff in residential services I may have my work cut out for me. I know due to my line of work I'm extremely liable to come across the virus and while I'm young and healthy I worry about those around me. Its pretty scary stuff even tho the fatality rate is so low. I'm thankful that I'm able to keep going out and helping people for the time being though. Anyway tangents aside, people could really use some wishes granted right now and let's not lose sight of that in spite of any financial uncertainty we may be facing due to closures of places of work. All of you here in this community are wonderful people and I'm so proud to be a part of this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom