• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thanks for all that explanation about restocking and all, it does all make sense.

Things are lining up. Could there be a General Direct this month then as Zippo mentioned? It could happen since it really follows the pattern of DLC (After Joker) about a 2 month period of announcing and releasing.

Neat.

Go Geno.
This was my theory anyways because April is basically two months out from E3 and, like I've said in the past, both Smash 4 and Ultimate's DLC seasons were technically kicked off in April too so Season 2 following suit seemed perfectly natural. As chums like castinets98 castinets98 have pointed out, this also helps explain why Nintendo's PAX East lineup is currently unknown.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That's good news for us indeed. My guess is the first wave of the DLC amiibos will be focused on the first 3 DLC fighters if Smash 4 was anything to go by.

D

Deleted member

>Amiibo re-releases which always occur in 3s next to the new releases of Smash Amiibos
>in April
>Mario RPG's US release is in May

BROS

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I’d say first wave is Joker, Hero (4 pack with alts) and Banjo. Then, Terry and Byleth with female alt for the next.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I would personally prefer Lloyd over Yuri for two reasons:

1) A duel-wielding sword style would be more interesting than yet another single-style.

2) Lloyd's outfit/hair look way cooler and less androgynous. Fite me.
I respectfully disagree with both points
Yes to both. Also:

3) Lloyd is way more recognized and liked over Yuri.
I mean" Yuri kept winning the Popularity polls in japan and had to be taken off and put into Hall of Fame because he kept winning first place lol

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A rumour from back in January from one of my guys is that the future Amiibo waves would be smaller, possibly being as small as literally one new character per wave. Hmmm... This would suggest that Joker would be coming with 6 and Hero would be coming out the same month as 7 and... Oh? Oh! OH! Hmmm... By extension Banjo would be coming out with 8....

8b8.gif

Oh yes. This is lovely.

Heoj

Smash Ace
A rumour from back in January from one of my guys is that the future Amiibo waves would be smaller, possibly being as small as literally one new character per wave. Hmmm... This would suggest that Joker would be coming with 6 and Hero would be coming out the same month as 7 and... Oh? Oh! OH! Hmmm... By extension Banjo would be coming out with 8....

View attachment 263366

Oh yes. This is lovely.
what if the fighter pass amiibo do come out like that, one at a time, so if hero comes with fp7 then it could potentially point towards a square character, and hopefully it would be Geno

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I cant see how people say "Lloyd is liked more" When Yuri won the popularity poll a whooping 6 times before they said "ok, enough is enough" And put him in Hall of fame along Leon
They mean for Smash. Which is true and even among Tales fans Llyod is the favorite for Smash. Never underestimate the power of having a Nintendo connection when it comes to requesting for Smash (despite Sakurai showing it matters little).

MisterMike

Smash Champion
right righy my bad, went on a tangent pf

anyway, whats this thing about amiibos?
Getting sick, any good news to help me feel better?
Basically, BestBuy is restocking amiibos for K Rool, Piranha Plant and Isabelle in April. Amiibo restocks usually coincide with the next wave of amiibos, which coincides with the next Fighter Pass character release, so likely we'll be seeing FP6 sooner rather than later for a release some time in April.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Basically, it's been confirmed that the next wave of amiibos is dropping in April. Amiibo releases usually coincide with the next Fighter Pass character release, so likely we'll be seeing FP6 sooner rather than later for a release some time in April.
Kick ass, April should be fun

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Basically, BestBuy is restocking amiibos for K Rool, Piranha Plant and Isabelle in April. Amiibo restocks usually coincide with the next wave of amiibos, which coincides with the next Fighter Pass character release, so likely we'll be seeing FP6 sooner rather than later for a release some time in April.
That's awesome! Think they'll just announce and drop it in April without any lead up?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
This is my idea for what that'd look like. Please excuse the high quality of the image.
View attachment 263323
Aaahhh the quality! It burns!! I like this. I think it'd be nice to have maybe like one other simple platform and some mushrooms that act like springs and make th noise when you jump on something in smrpg when you bounce off them. These could be placed in areas where they could aid and/or hinder recovery. And obviously bowyer could make certain buttons unusable for a short period in the same fashion he does in the game. Maybe attacking the wiggler would enrage it and make it move much faster and deal damage and knockback but otherwise would be a temporary moving platform.
6 challenger packs + 4 bonus Echoes

Shadow, Medusa, Ms. PAC-MAN, and Boshi.
Math says it'd be Birdo instead of Boshi unfortunately. Stupid maths :ultpacman:
Actually I like Birdo but will fight tooth and nail for any SMRPG content I can get.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
That's awesome! Think they'll just announce and drop it in April without any lead up?
After all this explanation, it can point to a general direct next week or next. We get the Smash Reveal, and in two months get the “Sakurai presents” and then it is released same day. That’s IF the pattern stays the same like most of the DLC

D

Deleted member

I'm not finding any evidence of rereleases for Ultimate
Do you mean in general or just Cloud, because I know for a fact several Smash 4 Amiibos were re-released with the waves of new characters. I haven't been on top of it like I was when these damn toys were going for 5 times their list price, but off the top of my head I remember:

Robin, Rosalina, Charizard, Pac-Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Falco. If I thought it would be important to Smash speculation I would have kept a running tally of which ones showed up with which waves.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Do you mean in general or just Cloud, because I know for a fact several Smash 4 Amiibos were re-released with the waves of new characters. I haven't been on top of it like I was when these damn toys were going for 5 times their list price, but off the top of my head I remember:

Robin, Rosalina, Charizard, Pac-Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Falco. If I thought it would be important to Smash speculation I would have kept a running tally of which ones showed up with which waves.
I mean for the Player 1 Cloud

D

Deleted member

I mean for the Player 1 Cloud
This was awhile back (November 2018) and to my knowledge, and looking around quickly, I do not think Cloud or Cloud player 2 has been rereleased yet.
I remember seeing the Player 2 Cloud at Best Buy not too long ago, but still a while back regardless. Well before Christmas. Since I hadn't seen a re-release of him since his original run back in 2017. This can't be a freak accident of Best Buy finally finding their missing stock after two years, because the Player 2 Cloud was a GameStop exclusive launch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not finding any evidence of rereleases for Ultimate
I ask because, as we've talked about in here a lot, Square is a huge stickler for releasing its stuff with its own stuff so a Cloud rerelease coming with Hero's Amiibo release would be a double whammy for 7 being yet another Square Enix character (and one announced at E3 to boot).

berserker37

Smash Rookie
Well, Geno comrades, I have a quick question to ask that may wind up being extremely important: were the Cloud Amiibos ever rereleased during Ultimate?
yeah they were, I got one when they rereleased. They were at GameStop when the K. Rool wave came out

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The GameStop one was player 1, and player 2 was at Best Buy the same time

here’s player 2 restock https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/ar0gko/cloud_p2_in_stock_best_buy_porter_ranch_ca/

I couldn’t find any pics of player 1 at GameStop but I remember getting him alongside K Rool and Icies the day after they released
Thanks. Well, it was worth considering. Season 2 may just rereleases of Ultimate Amiibo anyways but it was another angle of the situation to analyze. So, with this revelation, here's what the future could look like:

April: 6 release, Isabelle, Plant, K. Rool, and possibly Joker.

July/August: 7 release, Hero Amiibo

September: 8 release, Banjo Amiibo

November: 9 release, Terry Amiibo

January/February: 10 release, Byleth Amiibo

April: 11 release, Probably 6 and 7 Amiibo at least

Here's the remaining Amiibo left for this year if this holds true:

Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Chrom, Inceniroar, Ken, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Wolf, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake... Exactly 15... Huh...

D

Deleted member

Thanks. Well, it was worth considering. Season 2 may just rereleases of Ultimate Amiibo anyways but it was another angle of the situation to analyze. So, with this revelation, here's what the future could look like:

April: 6 release, Isabelle, Plant, K. Rool, and possibly Joker.

July/August: 7 release, Hero Amiibo

September: 8 release, Banjo Amiibo

November: 9 release, Terry Amiibo

January/February: 10 release, Byleth Amiibo

April: 11 release, Probably 6 and 7 Amiibo at least

Here's the remaining Amiibo left for this year if this holds true:

Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Chrom, Inceniroar, Ken, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Wolf, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake... Exactly 15... Huh...
I doubt they're gonna re-release the Ultimate Amiibos past Plant, K. Rool, and Isabelle. I don't know what causes it, but they tend to botch early-wave Amiibo releases to the point where if you're not first in line to pick them up, you're not getting them. I picked up Smash Ultimate the day it came out the minute Gamestop opened and grabbed the only Ridley amiibo they had. No one in front of me bought it. There were two Inklings. Wolf was apparently online pre-order only until they did a rerun when ICs came out. To this day, I have not seen Piranha Plant, K. Rool, Isabelle, or Daisy in person. Everyone else has been all over the place until they suddenly aren't, like every appropriate release of amiibos, which tells me there was some kind of supply issue on these.

I think they'll be doing re-releases of the once common Smash 4 amiibos just to give people the chance to have a full set. We might even see Animal Crossing re-releases (albeit in limited quantities) since they confirmed Amiibos work with New Horizons (I'd only bet on cards, there)

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellas,

I been through some stupid personal stuff and could use some good news. How's our boy's chances looking?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey fellas,

I been through some stupid personal stuff and could use some good news. How's our boy's chances looking?
-Apparently Best Buy let out that the next Amiibo wave is coming in April.

-Suggests we are getting 6 in April and that Zippo was right that we're getting two Directs this month.

-Suggests Joker's Amiibo is coming with 6.

-Suggests 7 is absolutely going to be an E3 reveal.

-Suggests Hero's Amiibo is coming with 7 and will probably release mid summer.

-Square is an enormous stickler for releasing its stuff with its own stuff so heavily implies 7 is Square Enix.

images.png

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, a Gamexplain user named "Steve" (guy who predicted Byleth in the predictions video lol) barged into the resetera thread and said he found no reason to believe a direct is coming this month

stevegamexplai.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom