• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Oh **** ****, right. Chrono Trigger, duh. That would be sweet. That'd be the closest to Goku being in Smash.
>another anime swordsman instead of a unique gunner like geno

Pls no. Geno can't be costumed again for ANOTHER square anime swordsman. We can't accept this.
1582218942257.png

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Chrono Mii Costume with Geno would be pretty nice. It fits pretty well too. Both characters spawned from the SNES era so Chrono Costume with Geno makes a lot of sense

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Can we just appreciate something for a minute. We finally got an actual word from the man himself saying "Yeah I put the Belmont's, Ridley and K. Rool in Smash because of the ballot"

IF Geno did well in the ballot, I hope he was considered for FP2. I feel pretty dang confident in his chances.

Last edited:

BadManNotNice

Banned via Warnings
I guess a hint I could give is that the character would probably be treated like an indie and come with music. Also the series they come from isn't represented in Smash yet.
that’s a really good hint that doesn’t actually hint at anything :4pacman:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
I guess a hint I could give is that the character would probably be treated like an indie and come with music. Also the series they come from isn't represented in Smash yet.
Indie as in a Sans/Cuphead-tier costume, or indie as in the character would be construed as an indie character?

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Bravely Default? That or Chrono Trigger.

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Chrono would be a good fit. Obscure but long lived legacy on Nintendo systems.

and I can’t imagine Chrono did well on the Smash Ballots (or did better than Geno), so I’m not worried about him taking Genos spot as the next Square rep.

But Gex would be awesome too. I have fond memories of his Titanic level on the N64.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Indie as in a Sans/Cuphead-tier costume, or indie as in the character would be construed as an indie character?
Sans/Cuphead tier. Like I said, they're Square Enix but would probably be treated like those two. I kind of get the feeling that most of 6 packs will probably have a "Sans/Cuphead" Mii costume that's not necessarily indie but will probably have a music track with them if they wind up being true.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
My dude, why do you have to give us these hints!? /s

Chrono or Agnes fit this bill pretty well, but allow me to make an even crazier guess...Some character from Octopath Traveler?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
It's really necessary to guess it out tho? Fatman said it's a secret so even if you guess it out you will not know which one is it until releases.
I'm guessing Genoette

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
If we're speculating every company will have some premium Mii Costume of some kind to coincide with their FP2 rep, then I'm going to bet a Steve costume with MC

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Eh... Let's get off this... If it's true then it's pretty cool and would definitely be unexpected and a great surprise. No one really likes it when I vague post anyways. On topic, Geno's a swell guy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sans/Cuphead tier. Like I said, they're Square Enix but would probably be treated like those two. I kind of get the feeling that most of 6 packs will probably have a "Sans/Cuphead" Mii costume that's not necessarily indie but will probably have a music track with them if they wind up being true.
its ok, you can say its Sora
anyway, anything new happen with you and Your geno?

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Not Sora. A Square Enix character, however. Another character that was supposedly rejected.
Kefka? Terra? Crono? Cecil? Lara croft? Zidane? Warrior of light? Black mage?

Lots to choose from, but those are the ones I’d think are most likely.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Hmmm, that would be interesting if Geno Mii costume came along with the fighter. Hmmm.

As long as Geno is in, they can do whatever they want man.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
For the big Mii costume, could it be Lara Croft? She's the only Square Enix character big enough to fit the Sans/Cuphead tier that isn't Sora or from Final Fantasy.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Just a question from someone who hypes character for their movesets

From all theorycrafted Geno movesets that fans came up with, which one do you (people from this thread) think is the coolest and most unique (movesets that, like DLC characters have, bring something different)?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

From all theorycrafted Geno movesets that fans came up with, which one do you (people from this thread) think is the coolest and most unique (movesets that, like DLC characters have, bring something different)?
I'd love Geno to bring the Timing Mechanic for sure, Any Moveset based in the Moves in the game is perfect for me ;3

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I think another interesting topic is just the simple fact that SMRPG has not one but three rumored Mii costumes. With insider rumors, this is pretty significant because, when the prospect of potential Mii costumes come up, there's no repeating series outside of Fire Emblem (which of course could have been bad intel) and Monster Hunter. That's very unusual. Geno, Smithy, and Mallow definitely stick out. For example, this is the rumored Namco "spread":

Heihachi, Lloyd, Gil, KOS-MOS, Nightmare, and Ms. Pac-Man.

6 costumes, 6 different series. Even in rumors, repeats are strangely rare and, so far, we've only seen double dipping for Mii costumes in the same series if 1. that series has a playable character or 2. was in Smash 4. If a series doesn't have a playable character, so far there's been no new series that has gotten multiple characters. Goemon is just Goemon. Undertale is just Sans. It's potentially food for thought.
I've been saying this for a while now. So far we've yet to have a fighter come with more than two costumes from any one franchise or company. Furthermore, it seems very likely that they intend to bring back all of the older Smash 4 costumes. So with the possible old costumes returning (Geno and Chocobo from Smash 4) and the two new costumes rumored to be coming (Mallow and Smithy), the fighter that these would have to come with would have to either be another SquareEnix character, someone from SMRPG who isn't Geno. While the former outcome is certainly more plausable than the latter, neither of these really work given how against their typical release MO that would be.

Not Sora. A Square Enix character, however. Another character that was supposedly rejected.
A SquareEnix character who isn't Sora... Sephiroth? Lightning? Noctus? Moogle? Cactuar? Crono? Lara Croft? 2B? Neku? Gex?
... Sora?

Ah, so no Final Fantasy then. I guess based on what you're alleging, I'd say that it's probably 2B.
  • An iconic design, though probably deemed unworkable due to her skimpy outfit a la Mai.
  • From a popular game that took the world by storm a couple years ago.
  • An oft-praised soundtrack that would no doubt be a fine addition to our collection welcomed to Smash with open arms.
While Crono would make a lot of sense as a costume and his game's music would no doubt be , being a Deluxe Mii Costume kind of seems to imply having a full-on mask of some sort, and I can't imagine Crono having a face like that. Same with Neku and Lara Croft. Speaking of, Lara Croft seems way too major for something like that (and is also more known for duel-wielding than solo-wielding anyhow) and I'm not sure her games have the kind of soundtrack that would rival MEGALOVANIA or Floral Fury. Gex is... well, Gex. Not really much of a powerhouse name despite being somewhat fondly remembered, which would no doubt be a big contributing factor in getting the Deluxe Mii Costume treatment to begin with.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190

I really like the "Timed Hits" gimmick that Geno's moveset could incorperate from not just SMRPG, but Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi saga of games. The jist is that adding extra button presses at just the right time could gain Geno extra damage, lift, attack effects or even a Meteor Smash. Not even just pressing the button at a certain interval, but having a charge move that you'd have to release at a precise second or a rapid attack that you would have to mash the buttons for, but only during a certain window. This could make him both easily utilized by casual players but perfect to veterans and tourney competitors who would salivate at a character that's hard to master but pays big dividends for those who value player skill.

I don't remember where I heard this other idea, or even if it came from my own head, but I like the idea of an "Item" mechanic for Geno where you gain a special attack from landing timed hits consistently or some such, where a flower pops out and if you grab it you "Get a Freebie!". The Special effect you could gain could be a heal like a KeroKero Cola, or a status effect like a stun from a Fright Bomb, or it might even just be a gag like the fuzzy from losing the Shell Game. Make it less reliant on RNG so he doesn't face bans from tournaments like Hero, you could make the item that appears reliant on how much damage Geno has accumulated.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
So, with all the leakers going underground, Is anything happening in the leak scene anymore or has it grinded to a absolute stop?
I don't believe it's come to a full stop yet. As Nintendo cracks down on leaks and leakers, getting noteworthy information through the pipeline grows significantly more troublesome and tiresome as time goes on and will probably reach a full halt during this Fighter's Pass.

Mario is blocking up the pipelines and the Ninteninjas are wiping out the leakers. I'm sure even Fatman's sources and contacts will run out of info at some point sooner or later. It's inevitable in my eyes.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
No, it really isn't hypocritical. Spirits are reused artwork and assets that already existed, and the sprite for Heihachi in the taunt was made completely from scratch, which is why I find it very difficult to believe that Heihachi would still get in. If Tekken were to get a rep, it would be Jin since he's been the main character of the series Tekken 3 onwards.
No you are spreading lies!
It's ripped straight out of the Galaga Tekken edition!
https://youtu.be/XYgEPsdbttI
And if you insist that's a consolation prize: If anything a spirit which can be viewed in the spirit gallery similar to trophies before is far more of a consolation prize than an 8bit sprite ripped straight out of the Galaga Tekken Edition and only has like a 1/16 (I don't remember the exact number of sprites in that taunt) chance to appear in a taunt. Choose your side

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, with all the leakers going underground, Is anything happening in the leak scene anymore or has it grinded to a absolute stop?
Like I said the other day, it's kind of irrelevant when it comes to Smash because most of the conclusions people are coming to are the same conclusions people have been coming to since the fall. If I were to just be bold faced blunt about it, you probably have like 14/15 characters that are still taken seriously and probably like 9 companies. A whole lotta mix and matching so it's a lot less varied than predictions for the Fighter's Pass were.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I like the way you think. :secretkpop:
Believe me, I said I'd be fine with exchanges but, I'd really like to see Goemon still make it as a fighter (I know, I KNOW we got his Mii Costume... BUT STILL).

Real talk though, I feel strongly that the following characters will be coming in Vol. 2. With how the Smash DLC cycle has gone since it began, up until this point, they just seem VERY likely (if not a lock already).

> Crash
> Geno
> Dante

The rest of the spots still feel like they're up for grabs imo.

Lastly, following along with the theory or idea of 100 characters for Smash Bros. Ultimate; the very last one being a tribute to Iwata, contrary to a character from a game he was involved with, I thought of one that would really knock everyone's socks off. With recent discussions bringing up the case for Sora as being rather an uncertain scenario due to Disney, what if... perhaps not Sora... but... Mickey? Imagine... the grand surprise and finale to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate dlc content; Mickey FREAKIN' Mouse. The ULTIMATE encounter; Mario vs. Mickey. :eek::2gud:

*YEETS into a warp pipe*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom