• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Final Fantasy VII is a game that’s infamous for not being on a Nintendo console, and the remake is a PS exclusive as well.

Persona is primarily associated with PlayStation, and besides a few spin-offs, has remained as a PS exclusive.

Metal Gear Solid is also heavily associated with Sony, in fact Snake’s appearance in Smash is based off the second game, which has never been released on a Nintendo console.

If it didn’t stop Cloud, Joker or Snake, I don’t see why being thought of as a “Sony series” will stop Heihachi.
All three of those series have long histories with Nintendo. Final Fantasy, SMT, and even Metal Gear have games going back to the NES including their debut games. Tekken has 3, one on the GBA, one on the 3DS, and one on the Wii U, all spin-offs. Even if you split hairs with Pokken, that's technically 5 and all spin-offs of the overall 24 games. In comparison, Metal Gear has 6 games on Nintendo platforms, SMT has 29, and Final Fantasy has a whopping 50.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Yeah I agree that Tekken being primarily on Sony consoles isnt what is stopping Heihachi from getting in.

I would love him since I think Teķken 7 is fantastic and the more fighting game characters in Smash the better (imo), but idk if he'll make the cut. His mii costume could always come back too ya never know.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
If it's safe to share, or you happen to know, what Namco characters have been rumored Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?
(is TOTALLY not hoping for Klonoa, not at all~)

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Yeah I agree that Tekken being primarily on Sony consoles isnt what is stopping Heihachi from getting in.

I would love him since I think Teķken 7 is fantastic and the more fighting game characters in Smash the better (imo), but idk if he'll make the cut. His mii costume could always come back too ya never know.
Ya I'm not seeing him make it. I thought his Mii costume was hilarious. The pointy Vegeta hair and funny mustache gave it a charm. And the Brawler def fits what I'm assuming Heihachi would do. (minus electric arm effects) Heihachi is a great example of a character I'd be perfectly content with if they kept him as a Mii.

Geno on the other hand has so many different special moves... With Geno's plethora of skills, I never thought the Mii Gunner did him actual justice. If he ended up getting an upgraded Mii oufit though..I'd still be okay with it. Have to ready myself for the Mii treatment now, so it won't sting nearly as bad if it comes to fruition. However, any other scenario BETTER than that will bring joy beyond comprehension!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If it's safe to share, or you happen to know, what Namco characters have been rumored Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?
I've talked on this topic alot:

-Lloyd has been heard by insiders since Fall 2018. Yuri was often heard along with Lloyd in 2018 but changed to just Lloyd in 2019.

-Early summer of 2019 a rumor came out of a Tales character with a team mechanic of some kind.

-Most people agree that another Namco rep is happening and that it's likely down to Tekken or Tales.

-Nightmare, KOS-MOS, and Ms. Pac-Man have all been heard as "rejected" characters and may wind up being Mii costumes for a Namco rep.

I think that covers all the "big" Namco rumors.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
-Nightmare, KOS-MOS, and Ms. Pac-Man have all been heard as "rejected" characters and may wind up being Mii costumes for a Namco rep.
KOS-MOS and Nightmare were rejected? Interesting. I think we can agree that Soul Calibur is likely dead then as I don't know any other rep from SC that would rep better... Assuming that rejection thing is true.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS and Nightmare were rejected? Interesting. I think we can agree that Soul Calibur is likely dead then as I don't know any other rep from SC that would rep better... Assuming that rejection thing is true.
I was thinking they could've done Yoshimitsu OR Ivy, but Byleth having the chain sword trashed Ivy being likely Imo. It would be awesome to see Yoshimitsu though. They could give him a 50/50 split design. Half of his body and armor would represent him being in Tekken and the other half would be Soul Calibur. I'd prefer getting Ryu Hayabusa over him though if we are getting a character with the Izuna Drop.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
These three characters, among others, were heard alongside Cuphead as "rejected" but now we know that there's a possibility they could still be Mii costumes in the end. Once again, coincidentally, outside of Indies, the main companies of the supposedly "rejected" characters were Nintendo, Namco, Capcom, Square Enix, and Microsoft.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's been said several pages ago when Venus was describing what is/isn't okay, but this sort of question would be better suited to a private message or profile post, for the sake of keeping the thread on-track. There are ways to contact users outside of this one thread.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
These three characters, among others, were heard alongside Cuphead as "rejected" but now we know that there's a possibility they could still be Mii costumes in the end. Once again, coincidentally, outside of Indies, the main companies of the supposedly "rejected" characters were Nintendo, Namco, Capcom, Square Enix, and Microsoft.
So if we're to assume we're getting one from each company:
- Nintendo: Waluigi? Dixie Kong? Toxtricity/NotUrshifu? BWD?
- NamcoBandai: Lloyd?
- Capcom: Dante?
- Squeenix: Geno (it HAS to be)
- Microsoft: MC, which likely kills Doomguy.
Leaving one new company to take the final spot, or some company will double-up. Maybe Squeenix for Sora? Could also be Ryu Hayabusa? Crash was also heard thousands of times so it's probably him.

That very well could be our 2nd FP: Geno, Lloyd, Dante, MC, a Nintendo rep, and probably Crash, if that's all to be believed, which would honestly be quite a shotgun spread of characters. People are likely to only like one or two personally, but it's such a wide spread that nearly everyone is bound to like at least one of them.

What if... Geno doesn't make it..? :(
Then we all die, the end. I will be legit sad, but I really do think he's as close to a lock as a DLC character can get.

Last edited:

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
What if... Geno doesn't make it..? :(
Then we fought the good fight until the bitter end. It's all we can do.

And while probably not the popular opinion, if Geno doesn't make it as playable, I hope he'll at least get the Sans treatment. I know it's not the same, but it's better than just being a spirit.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
And while probably not the popular opinion, if Geno doesn't make it as playable, I hope he'll at least get the Sans treatment. I know it's not the same, but it's better than just being a spirit.
The probability of him at least being a premium costume or playable is like 99.9% at this point. I'm telling you guys, the copyright takedowns on the songs aren't just bull****, I refuse to believe it. THE BELMONTS MADE IT IN BECAUSE OF THE BALLOT, THERE'S NO WAY GENO DID WORSE THAN THEM!!!!!

100% at this point the only reason he doesn't get in is because Square are ***** and either want a bazillion trillion dollars or just want to be ***** for the sake of being *****. There is no way possible that Sakurai didn't push for him/Nintendo would just blatantly ignore the suggestion. The premium mii costume would be a consolation prize to Square being mega*****, otherwise HE'S IN. I'M TELLING YOU GUYS. SCREENSHOT THIS **** AND THROW IT IN MY FACE WHEN DLC 11 IS REVEALED.

Oh yeah and CacoMallow + the SMRPG costumes mentioned by the Mii costume person. Those are also still around and kicking, yeah?

Last edited:

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
The probability of him at least being a premium costume or playable is like 99.9% at this point. I'm telling you guys, the copyright takedowns on the songs aren't just bull****, I refuse to believe it. THE BELMONTS MADE IT IN BECAUSE OF THE BALLOT, THERE'S NO WAY GENO DID WORSE THAN THEM!!!!!

100% at this point the only reason he doesn't get in is because Square are ***** and either want a bazillion trillion dollars or just want to be ***** for the sake of being *****. There is no way possible that Sakurai didn't push for him/Nintendo would just blatantly ignore the suggestion. The premium mii costume would be a consolation prize to Square being mega*****, otherwise HE'S IN. I'M TELLING YOU GUYS. SCREENSHOT THIS **** AND THROW IT IN MY FACE WHEN DLC 11 IS REVEALED.
eSCALATED_1487040000699_8508527_ver1.0.jpg

All jokes aside, I do think Geno is pretty much guaranteed, if not as a fighter but as a premium Mii costume. I think he'll be the fan pick of FP2, like how Banjo was for FP1.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah I know, but like, ugh. He's in, I know it, we all know it, but we wanna doubt. Let's do knock on Squeenix's door if he's not in and be like "WHY YOU DO?!".

All jokes aside, I do think Geno is pretty much guaranteed, if not as a fighter but as a premium Mii costume. I think he'll be the fan pick of FP2, like how Banjo was for FP1.
I personally don't want to settle as that would really upset me, but unless Square was okay with the spirit but being ultra stingy with the fighter, I see no reason why Geno would just die off then and there. Worst case scenario, he's getting a costume, but I want to refuse to believe that scenario as well because I really don't see him not getting in at this point.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo is painfully aware of how much Geno is wanted. I can't imagine they give us six more character slots and don't add him.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
You're forgetting that MonolithSoft is very important to Nintendo not just for Xenoblade Chronicles, but also because they helped in the development of Breath of the Wild and its sequel that's on its way, and KOS-MOS is a character the company created, but is owned by Bandai Namco. That, and the Tales series is pretty significant for Bandai Namco also and has stronger overall ties to Nintendo.
They are not a simple"collaboration partner". Nintendo straight up owns them. They bought them from Namco in 2007

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
We are talking about Namco characters?
Hoooo Boy, i know a good pair who can be a decent choice for this Fighters Pass *Wink Wink*
3f042e4f-f625-4f98-8f44-bb7b7d5e8e6f.jpg

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think another interesting topic is just the simple fact that SMRPG has not one but three rumored Mii costumes. With insider rumors, this is pretty significant because, when the prospect of potential Mii costumes come up, there's no repeating series outside of Fire Emblem (which of course could have been bad intel) and Monster Hunter. That's very unusual. Geno, Smithy, and Mallow definitely stick out. For example, this is the rumored Namco "spread":

Heihachi, Lloyd, Gil, KOS-MOS, Nightmare, and Ms. Pac-Man.

6 costumes, 6 different series. Even in rumors, repeats are strangely rare and, so far, we've only seen double dipping for Mii costumes in the same series if 1. that series has a playable character or 2. was in Smash 4. If a series doesn't have a playable character, so far there's been no new series that has gotten multiple characters. Goemon is just Goemon. Undertale is just Sans. It's potentially food for thought.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know, but like, ugh. He's in, I know it, we all know it, but we wanna doubt. Let's do knock on Squeenix's door if he's not in and be like "WHY YOU DO?!".

I personally don't want to settle as that would really upset me, but unless Square was okay with the spirit but being ultra stingy with the fighter, I see no reason why Geno would just die off then and there. Worst case scenario, he's getting a costume, but I want to refuse to believe that scenario as well because I really don't see him not getting in at this point.
I've been on the Geno train for about 14 years. After awhile you just sort of expect him not to show up, unfortunately. With that said, I do think his chances are probably the best they've ever been, like I said, I genuinely think he's going to make it into Ultimate before it's all said and done, but there's always and degree of cynicism there with it. Gotta take the good with the bad, ya' know?

And it's hard for me to be mad at Smash even if he doesn't make it. Mega Man, K. Rool, Simon, and Banjo were some of my dream picks up there with Geno, and while the game will always be missing that little something if he doesn't make it, at least I got the others.

I could rattle off lists of characters I'd like to see in Ultimate, but the only two I need to make it feel truly complete are Geno and Dixie Kong, everyone else is a bonus to me.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I think another interesting topic is just the simple fact that SMRPG has not one but three rumored Mii costumes. With insider rumors, this is pretty significant because, when the prospect of potential Mii costumes come up, there's no repeating series outside of Fire Emblem (which of course could have been bad intel) and Monster Hunter. That's very unusual. Geno, Smithy, and Mallow definitely stick out. For example, this is the rumored Namco "spread":

Heihachi, Lloyd, Gil, KOS-MOS, Nightmare, and Ms. Pac-Man.

6 costumes, 6 different series. Even in rumors, repeats are strangely rare and, so far, we've only seen double dipping for Mii costumes in the same series if 1. that series has a playable character or 2. was in Smash 4. If a series doesn't have a playable character, so far there's been no new series that has gotten multiple characters. Goemon is just Goemon. Undertale is just Sans. It's potentially food for thought.
Three costumes? When was the Geno Mii costume rumored? oof. I thought only Mallow and Smithy were, Mallow in the OG leak and cacomallow, and smithy in the OG one as well.

(or are you counting chocobo as the 3rd "Geno Mii Costume, I assume you mean costumes that would arrive with a Geno Pack.)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Three costumes? When was the Geno Mii costume rumored? oof. I thought only Mallow and Smithy were, Mallow in the OG leak and cacomallow, and smithy in the OG one as well.

(or are you counting chocobo as the 3rd "Geno Mii Costume, I assume you mean costumes that would arrive with a Geno Pack.)
The Geno Mii costume wasn't specifically rumored but it's probably coming back anyways. Same with all the other MIA Smash 4 DLC costumes.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So Geno (the character) would come with Mallow as Brawler, Geno (the costume) as Gunner and Smithy as Sword...er. Either Smithy will have a mini Exor sword or use a hammer instead.

Or they could do Mallow Gunner, Smithy Brawler and Geno Sworderer.

Or Geno, Mallow AND Smithy as all playable, because screw you logic/reality.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
On top of that as a potential bonus, are any other SE characters talked about? Sora is obviously wanted, but I don't remember anything regarding insiders talking about him, nor any other SE character AFAIK.

I've been on the Geno train for about 14 years. After awhile you just sort of expect him not to show up, unfortunately. With that said, I do think his chances are probably the best they've ever been, like I said, I genuinely think he's going to make it into Ultimate before it's all said and done, but there's always and degree of cynicism there with it. Gotta take the good with the bad, ya' know?
For sure, and as a general pessimist, even I have my doubts, but the evidence and hearsay is so loud when all combined together. I will honestly be more surprised (and crushed) if he doesn't make it than if he does.

The Geno Mii costume wasn't specifically rumored but it's probably coming back anyways. Same with all the other MIA Smash 4 DLC costumes.
That'd be kinda weird TBH, but hey, the more the merrier. Geno vs Fake Genos.

Mallow as Brawler
Man that is so weird. I wish we had a "Mage"-style Mii class because that'd be him for sure. If they had to stick to the "-er" style like the other three, call it "Mii Magic-User" as a partial throwback to old school D&D.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
My current theory on Geno's Mii costume spread is --- and a possible character I've been asked to keep secret.
Veeeeeeeeeery interesting, Fatman. Crazy guess but I feel like it might be Sora, which would still be an insane thing to see in Smash even as a Mii costume if they can't get him playable.

My guess being based on who else could possibly be a Square rep and be asked to be kept secret considering they're still in the running for speculation.

... **** that would be one nutty E3, wouldn't it? Crash and Geno playable and Sora costume all in one. If Cacodemon got a costume with Crash's pack, that would be nuts just so we could all say "CacoMallow was REAL!". I bet MaloMart would speak of that day forever.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Veeeeeeeeeery interesting, Fatman. Crazy guess but I feel like it might be Sora, which would still be an insane thing to see in Smash even as a Mii costume if they can't get him playable.

My guess being based on who else could possibly be a Square rep and be asked to be kept secret considering they're still in the running for speculation.

... **** that would be one nutty E3, wouldn't it? Crash and Geno playable and Sora costume all in one. If Cacodemon got a costume with Crash's pack, that would be nuts just so we could all say "CacoMallow was REAL!". I bet MaloMart would speak of that day forever.
Not Sora. A Square Enix character, however. Another character that was supposedly rejected.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Not Sora. A Square Enix character, however. Another character that was supposedly rejected.
Dang. Interesting it's another SE rep though, hmmm... Maybe Lara?

****ing what?
In a recent interview with Sakurai, he said that the Belmonts made it in because of how well they did on the ballot (along with Ridley and KKR).

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
My current theory on Geno's Mii costume spread is Geno, Smithy, Chocobo, Mallow, and a possible character I've been asked to keep secret. I think he's going to have 5 at the very least.
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you tease!!!!

i feel like Blue (or is it black?) Mage from the FF series was born to be a Mii costume.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
My current theory on Geno's Mii costume spread is Geno, Smithy, Chocobo, Mallow, and a possible character I've been asked to keep secret. I think he's going to have 5 at the very least.
GEX CONFIRMED BOIZ WE IN THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom