• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Mmm, Bowser and DK talk in half (or less) of their games though. Geno has talked in 2/2 (100%; 1/1 also 100% if you don't count Superstar Saga). I'm sure they could come up with a not-too-ridiculous voice. The problem with Bowser's voice from Sunshine is it doesn't sound remotely like what Bowser would sound like. DK's voice fits his character (the character in the show that is) perfectly. Hell even his not-exactly-voiced-but-still-making-noises voice from DK64 was also totally fine. I kinda wished Bowser would make more noises akin to his character like the roars and growls and stuff, but he does very little.

I can't help but feel like Waluigi's too "new" despite the fan demand TBH, as in his fan demand is too new. Also not enough Japanese love on that list so idk.
Demand for Waluigi in Smash isn't new, but it was kinda low on the list of other demands like King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Wario, and even Pit.

I believe the only reason Waluigi fans (myself included) push for his inclusion in Smash Ultimate much harder than with previous games, is because of certain character inclusions like Ridley (who everyone thought was forever doomed to be a stage hazard), Daisy (who is almost always paired with Waluigi in the spin-off games), and Piranha Plant (a potted plant that is also paired with Waluigi in the spin-off games, and being a mook, whose first ever playable appearance was in Ultimate).

Again, unlike Geno or Crash, demand for Waluigi in previous Smash games was just kinda there, but it only just now hit a fever pitch because of the reasons I previously stated.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Now that we know for certain this is it, I feel like something like this is the end result. Maybe Waluigi instead of Toxtricity, but I'm very confident in this.
Yeah, I'll take Waluigi over Toxtricity, but this list is pretty much every thing I want in this Fighter's Pass. As a side note, I do want Dante repping DMC5.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I am unbelivable happy rn
I'm sure you are and man they showed off a lot of cool stuff, but I am so not satisfied on Nintendo news at all, and still do think an extended direct with a ~7-10m segment just on AC would have been better. There was a lot of unnecessary repeated info.

BUT MAN THAT WATER/CLIFFSCAPING STUFF WAS PRETTY COOL!

For people who didn't watch the direct but are still getting the game, it's not really worth 25m of your time. There's some neat stuff but it might just be better to see it for yourself when the game comes out.

PS: Needless to say because it'd be all over the Internet but I'll still say it: there was no Smash reveal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm sure you are and man they showed off a lot of cool stuff, but I am so not satisfied on Nintendo news at all, and still do think an extended direct with a ~7-10m segment just on AC would have been better. There was a lot of unnecessary repeated info.

BUT MAN THAT WATER/CLIFFSCAPING STUFF WAS PRETTY COOL!

For people who didn't watch the direct but are still getting the game, it's not really worth 25m of your time. There's some neat stuff but it might just be better to see it for yourself when the game comes out.

PS: Needless to say because it'd be all over the Internet but I'll still say it: there was no Smash reveal.
Aw man. I was waiting for the Doomguy reveal at the end.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Aw man. I was waiting for the Doomguy reveal at the end.
Lol that would have been amazing. I love how wholesome the Doom x Animal Crossing stuff has been and even the official Doom twitter is on board w/ it.

Personally I was hoping for a Smash fake-out with Tom Nook.
I had a feeling it wouldn't happen but I am sad my favorite bell-loving tanuki isn't getting in Smash :(

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-2351#post-23845360

Talked about it in the General Discussion thread a little bit but I guess another advantage that Geno has had is that his rumors pretty much cover everything. Obviously, there's rumors about him being playable but he's also had rumors attached to him about Mii costumes and even music. Aside from Waluigi, nobody else really has that and by "that" I mean multiple rumors surrounding them outside of just them being playable. This is yet another reason why I'm going with my predictions. Spirits, music, Mii costumes, a stage, etc. All six of the characters or at least their companies have had rumors of at least one of those aside from just "they're playable."

I feel like this helps tether down their plausibility because, at the very least, it ups the chances of certain companies being involved in DLC. For example, it could go either way with Heihachi or Lloyd but we've at least been able to establish that Namco is highly probable for one of the 6 spots. Same with Nintendo, Capcom, Square, and Microsoft.

MattX20

Smash Hero
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-2351#post-23845360

Talked about it in the General Discussion thread a little bit but I guess another advantage that Geno has had is that his rumors pretty much cover everything. Obviously, there's rumors about him being playable but he's also had rumors attached to him about Mii costumes and even music. Aside from Waluigi, nobody else really has that and by "that" I mean multiple rumors surrounding them outside of just them being playable. This is yet another reason why I'm going with my predictions. Spirits, music, Mii costumes, a stage, etc. All six of the characters or at least their companies have had rumors of at least one of those aside from just "they're playable."

I feel like this helps tether down their plausibility because, at the very least, it ups the chances of certain companies being involved in DLC. For example, it could go either way with Heihachi or Lloyd but we've at least been able to establish that Namco is highly probable for one of the 6 spots. Same with Nintendo, Capcom, Square, and Microsoft.
I'm very much against Heihachi as I strongly dislike his character from the games, that and he was part of Pac-Man's taunt for Ultimate, so I consider that a death sentence. I certainly wouldn't mind Lloyd or KOS-MOS if Nintendo felt adding another character related to the Xeno series from Monoltihsoft would be a wise thing to do.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
They could still add Rex as a fighter. We just don't know if Mii Costumes in Ultimate would be the final stop for certain characters

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Heihachi I'd love but him being in Pac Mans taunt probably spells the end for him.

And honestly I'm still on the Hayabusa train. I really see no reason to doubt him imo. And I'm not taking whatver rumors/theories there are I think he has a solid shot for FP2 despite what people may feel about him.

And yeah I still think caco is likely real. I just hope it means playable Doomslayer and Geno and not for both of them to get mii costumed.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Do you think a General Direct will appear Next week or the Week After?
Putting all my faith in Zippo and saying next week because I desperately want his leaked information to be true. If we get a general direct next week, I will be extremely excited for PM3 (and the other cool stuff).

They could still add Rex as a fighter.
Rex and ARMS characters are likely dead in the water given that they (their games) were name-dropped in the Famitsu column yesterday... and while trying to find the source, I am unable to now. Huh. I legit read that yesterday and now I don't know where it's run off to.

Edit: It was in an interview, not the Famitsu column. Still have very high doubts for Rex (and ARMS characters):

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm very much against Heihachi as I strongly dislike his character from the games, that and he was part of Pac-Man's taunt for Ultimate, so I consider that a death sentence. I certainly wouldn't mind Lloyd or KOS-MOS if Nintendo felt adding another character related to the Xeno series from Monoltihsoft would be a wise thing to do.
I don't disagree. Most of the main Tekken games have been flat out published by Sony in Europe, Heihachi was the PS2 exclusive for Soul Caliber 2, and Heihachi was in PlayStation All Stars so Tekken has dug its heels in pretty deep as a "Sony" series. Despite that, Tekken is Namco's biggest series after Pac-Man so Nintendo may not care in the end. Either way, Namco rumors have probably been the most prevalent of any company for DLC so I feel like there's no avoiding it, especially in the light that Namco only has one rep despite developing the last two Smash games.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Information comes and goes without any warning. Though, if a General Direct shows up next week. I somewhat doubt that smash news would immediately appear and if does, small info and Challenger 6 sneak peak or drop with release date

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I'm also very iffy on CacoMallow now (just the implied Doomguy part). Caco hat may be in, but I'm leaning more towards Master Chief being in even though I would prefer Doomguy (especially after all the wholesome Doom x Animal Crossing memes lately). Just makes a bit more sense given that we're probably going to see a lot of returning companies instead of new ones.

I'm still convinced Geno is a lock and Mallow could even be a costume, alone with Cacodemon, but I wouldn't hold your breath if you're a Doomguy fan, but that's just my two cents now.

Edit: For the record though, CM leak never explicitly stated that Doomguy and Geno are getting in, just that there are costumes.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't disagree. Most of the main Tekken games have been flat out published by Sony in Europe, Heihachi was the PS2 exclusive for Soul Caliber 2, and Heihachi was in PlayStation All Stars so Tekken has dug its heels in pretty deep as a "Sony" series. Despite that, Tekken is Namco's biggest series after Pac-Man so Nintendo may not care in the end. Either way, Namco rumors have probably been the most prevalent of any company for DLC so I feel like there's no avoiding it, especially in the light that Namco only has one rep despite developing the last two Smash games.
You're forgetting that MonolithSoft is very important to Nintendo not just for Xenoblade Chronicles, but also because they helped in the development of Breath of the Wild and its sequel that's on its way, and KOS-MOS is a character the company created, but is owned by Bandai Namco. That, and the Tales series is pretty significant for Bandai Namco also and has stronger overall ties to Nintendo.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Now that we know for certain this is it, I feel like something like this is the end result. Maybe Waluigi instead of Toxtricity, but I'm very confident in this.
I would be stoked if this happened. However, If I had to replace one character, I'd probably take out Dante for Lara Croft. Other than that.. It's ROCK SOLID if we are ignoring the obligatory Pokemon pick of course. I def see them adding another Pokemon, so I have no objection to that fact.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You said there are Geno rumors about music attached to him? Obviously Geno is coming with music in a pack but like what tracks specifically? Are you talking about the music takedowns?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Final Fantasy VII is a game that’s infamous for not being on a Nintendo console, and the remake is a PS exclusive as well.

Persona is primarily associated with PlayStation, and besides a few spin-offs, has remained as a PS exclusive.

Metal Gear Solid is also heavily associated with Sony, in fact Snake’s appearance in Smash is based off the second game, which has never been released on a Nintendo console.

If it didn’t stop Cloud, Joker or Snake, I don’t see why being thought of as a “Sony series” will stop Heihachi.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I would be stoked if this happened. However, If I had to replace one character, I'd probably take out Dante for Lara Croft. Other than that.. It's ROCK SOLID if we are ignoring the obligatory Pokemon pick of course. I def see them adding another Pokemon, so I have no objection to that fact.
It depends on if FP2 is a "6/6 truly make the fans happy" pack or a "mostly make the fans happy while also celebrating gaming" pack.

If the former, I'd probably remove Tox and Hayabusa for Sora (if possible) and BWD (BanWadD). If the latter, I'd agree with you. I rarely ever see LC come up and I don't think she'd be great in the former, but she would be in the latter as part of gaming history.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Final Fantasy VII is a game that’s infamous for not being on a Nintendo console, and the remake is a PS exclusive as well.

Persona is primarily associated with PlayStation, and besides a few spin-offs, has remained as a PS exclusive.

Metal Gear Solid is also heavily associated with Sony, in fact Snake’s appearance in Smash is based off the second game, which has never been released on a Nintendo console.

If it didn’t stop Cloud, Joker or Snake, I don’t see why being thought of as a “Sony series” will stop Heihachi.
Because he's already part of Pacman's taunt. If you're relegated to that level, it's a death sentence for the character's chances frankly.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Because he's already part of Pacman's taunt. If you're relegated to that level, it's a death to the character frankly.
Just like Spirits? Just like Chrom still being in Robin's victory screen and a playable Chrom can still be clapping for them, or be attacked by Robin & Chrom's final smash?

Disagree 100%. Something in base doesn't mean it's for sure not coming in FP2. The same argument is used in favor of Geno. For the record, I don't even give a crap about Heihachi, I just think using this argument in favor of Geno but against Heihachi is a bit of nonsense and hypocritical.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Watch Namco pull a fast one and it turns out to be Agumon.

I'll go easier into the fighter pass if Geno is one of the first spots.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just like Spirits? Just like Chrom still being in Robin's victory screen and a playable Chrom can still be clapping for them, or be attacked by Robin & Chrom's final smash?

Disagree 100%. Something in base doesn't mean it's for sure not coming in FP2. The same argument is used in favor of Geno. For the record, I don't even give a crap about Heihachi, I just think using this argument in favor of Geno but against Heihachi is a bit of nonsense and hypocritical.
No, it really isn't hypocritical. Spirits are reused artwork and assets that already existed, and the sprite for Heihachi in the taunt was made completely from scratch, which is why I find it very difficult to believe that Heihachi would still get in. If Tekken were to get a rep, it would be Jin since he's been the main character of the series Tekken 3 onwards.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord

Still sitting here waiting on Geno for 6 and Urshifu for 7-11. Pass overall would still be an A+ because Geno's in it.

No, it really isn't hypocritical. Spirits are reused artwork and assets that already existed, and the sprite for Heihachi in the taunt was made completely from scratch, which is why I find it very difficult to believe that Heihachi would still get in. If Tekken were to get a rep, it would be Jin since he's been the main character of the series Tekken 3 onwards.
Reused or original, it's still a tiny sprite of Heihachi. If Waluigi is still being considered, who has an actual working model and not just a tiny sprite in a taunt, I don't see how Heihachi can be ruled out.

PS: Even if Heihachi had an AT, I still wouldn't rule him out. I would have for FP1 and the rest of base after being shown off, but we're in FP2 territory now. Nothing's off-limits. GATEKEEPER FOR SMASH, CALLING IT NOW. /s

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

This would be the best outcome in my eyes. Seeing Pokemon and Digimon in the SAME GAME outweighs any other possible option. I'd be more shocked to see Agumon than even Goku. Mostly because I'd have ripped all my hair out if Goku actually got in by some miracle... *SCREAMING WHYYYYY????*

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
This would be the best outcome in my eyes. Seeing Pokemon and Digimon in the SAME GAME outweighs any other possible option. I'd be more shocked to see Agumon than even Goku. Mostly because I'd have ripped all my hair out if Goku actually got in by some miracle... *SCREAMING WHYYYYY????*
It would also have the plus of character type variety. The fighter pass was four humanoid characters, 3 with a bladed weapon. Having some differences with other characters like Geno, Agumon, Dixie, Crash, Master Chief, etc. would be nice. Ultimate's base was a good mix bag of types.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
It would also have the plus of character type variety. The fighter pass was four humanoid characters, 3 with a bladed weapon. Having some differences with other characters like Geno, Agumon, Dixie, Crash, Master Chief, etc. would be nice. Ultimate's base was a good mix bag of types.
Yes and I am all for that type of diversity. I hate seeing so many humans in there with a single mascot looking dude. This is another reason why I'm 110% for Geno making it. He has a silhouette that is all his own. Agumon, Crash, and even Rayman all have that in common as well. Very different body shapes.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Personally, I don't think Heihachi's very likely but it has little to do with the Pac Man taunt. I believe his character has been mostly retired since his VA passed and that doesn't bode very well for him. It kinda puts a Tekken rep at all between a rock and a hard place, they could include Heihachi but he's been retired from the series. Instead they may include the new main character, Jin I believe, could be included but he's less iconic compared to Heihachi. Not saying neither are impossible, but it's kinda unclear how they'd work it out.

MattX20

Smash Hero
My guess for Geno's overall inclusion in the second fighter pass is probably before the 3rd fighter reveal, which is fairly likely this year. Bandai Namco's rep though, would be harder to guess.

QQS

Smash Lord
I still believe in a Last week February Direct; or a First week March Direct. Otherwise it would be 9 months without a general Direct between September 4 (Terry) and June (E3).

#76 now and #77 (with maybe #78) at E3. Then #79 in December 2020 or January 2021. That’s my guess.

My main guess is that Geno is coming full playable + Mallow as a premium costume (like Sans) + Mallow as part of his Final Smash + Chocobo+Sora costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom