• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
;)

Also are you actually mad at that tho? Lole that was something everyone said was gonna happen on the 20th. This shouldn't be as much of a surprise.
I'm half and half. I do love AC but I've been saying for weeks I would be really annoyed (but also kinda happy) if an AC direct came first. I want AC news, but I'm significantly more starved for general news as opposed to a game literally releasing in a month, y'know?

Glad we're getting news, but a touch miffed it's AC and not (de/)confirming rumors/DLC 6.

That said, inb4 they announce a general direct for Friday at the end of the AC direct, haha, fat chance. Hopefully we'll get the general direct next week >.>

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another 8am Direct for me which more or less translates to me working through it and then checking my phone afterwards. On the upside, this further establishes that Thursdays will be our go-to for Directs this year so the general Direct probably will be announced on a Tuesday in the future.

Firox

Smash Master
The classic 5 pm direct announcement
(Sees "Nintendo Direct" at the top of the announcement) Oh, HELL YEAH! Finally, it's game time—!"

(Scrolls down to see Animal Crossing content only) "......................."

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Well, I'm happy for the Animal Crossing fans, but I'm kinda upset that we have to wait even longer for a normal direct. Oh well.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Doomslayer is going to buy one copy of Animal Crossing New Horizons for the Nintendo Switch

I would be absolutely pleased if my folder of Geno/Doomguy crossover pictures wasn't saved in vain but I know this means nothing

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Ok ... things are happening. For you AC fans, it'll be nice to get some information. As for us Smash fans ... we must wait. Maybe next week?

It will appear that Sakurai will have a very "generic/non-specific" column about fighters 6-11. I am hoping there will be some "teases" to wet our appetite ... like something on the lines of "Including some long requested popular requests."

Our wait for Geno will continue.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I forgot that Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing NH is coming out the same day.
Artist: Mary Moo

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Can we just take a moment to laugh at the fact that Nintendo possibly caught on to the community with their 9am/10am EST announcement pattern, and purposely moved it ahead to BTFO expectations?
Seeing how Nintendo is getting smarter when it comes to leaks and rumors, I could see this becoming a precedent in the future.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Probably looking at an early march general direct now, which is fine. Like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice mentioned earlier, it’ll be smooth sailing to E3 once we get that one.

They have quite a bit of catching up to do to get people excited for 2020

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Sakurai's Famitsu column comes out next week where he will discuss the second pass. Then an AC Direct is announced prior to that. No one has a full idea on character 6, so its kept under wraps like the previous Nintendo Smash character. IF Famitsu talks about number 6, they have to be shown beforehand, and a general Direct might be too soon after the AC one (or they just update the site a la Robin's reveal).

So..............could AC be number 6?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
All this waiting for a general direct does make me wonder if it really will be a crazy year for Nintendo and they're just holding on to many of their cards for now or if it'll just be a slow year. As usual and as I've been saying...we will just have to wait and see. A new Mario RPG is what I'm holding out hopes for. How about Mario Galaxy RPG?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Probably looking at an early march general direct now, which is fine. Like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice mentioned earlier, it’ll be smooth sailing to E3 once we get that one.

They have quite a bit of catching up to do to get people excited for 2020
Unless Nintendo breaks precedent and does one next week. Last time Nintendo did a general Direct that late in the month was...2014 I think so the odds aren't super high but not impossible. Either way, three weeks to go until we all pile into the Ass Kicker Express and drive across the ocean to Kyoto.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I have an awful habit of making jokes about this kind of garbage with my friends jesus christ

• Hey wouldn't it be really funny if they added ANOTHER anime swordsman after Cloud? Just kidding, it's the ballot, they have to put in someone we asked for right?
  • Hey wouldn't it be really funny if they actually did Sticker Star 2? I know Nintendo hasn't been great recently but atleast they aern't that stupid.
  • Hey wouldn't it be really funny if 5 was actually just a Three Houses rep? No, I mean they have to have learned something from Corrin and they wouldn't end on the most underwhelming thing imaginable right?
  • Hey imagine if instead of a normal direct they just do Animal Crossing, wouldn't that be funny?
Look if you like Animal Crossing that's fine, but I'm just sitting here with my Switch wondering what the hell I'm supposed to do with this thing for the next 6+ months because NOTHING IS COMING OUT.

EDIT: Also, Animal Crossing was supposed to be out LAST YEAR, right? So if it didn't get delayed, WHAT WAS EVEN SUPPOSED TO COME OUT FOR THE FIRST 6 MONTHS OF THE YEAR? Did they seriously expect us to just be fine playing a couple remakes/ports until E3 at the EARLIEST?

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Man, I really don't like what website is on that computer there.
owo wat dis *clears throat* I didn't even notice that til you pointed it out. For people who don't know what it is, it's better that way. TRUST ME.
(for the adventurous, PM me and I'll tell you what it is)

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
You know, this sort of thing happened back in 2018 technically. We had a Direct Mini in January and then got a big ol' general Direct on March 8th. The precedent is technically there, considering we've got a Pokemon Direct, Smash Presentation, and now an Animal Crossing Direct. So we might not be too far out.

Also, hello. I have returned from the depths of lurking to post this. Back into the void I go ~

Firox

Smash Master
Look if you like Animal Crossing that's fine, but I'm just sitting here with my Switch wondering what the hell I'm supposed to do with this thing for the next 6+ months because NOTHING IS COMING OUT.
This is where I'm at right now. Congrats to the Animal Crossing fans, but that franchise does nothing for me. I love shooters, racers, RPGs, strategy games, action/adventure games, a couple fighting games, but open-ended collectathons are one of the few genres that I couldn't care less about. Meanwhile, we're sitting in the longest Nintendo info drought ever (I think?) and seeing a Direct specific to that one game to me is like finding an oasis in the middle of the desert only to find out it's a mirage. Sad part is that I really hope we DON'T get any smash news with it though, because if we do, there's a good chance that we end up with an AC shill for fighter #6 which I would really rather not see, to be painfully honest. Not when we could start the next pass with Crash, Geno or many others. That's just my two cents.

D

Deleted member

If number 6 is gonna be a Nintendo character, I think this is definitely a spirit if not assist trophy getting upgraded like Waluigi, Bandana Dee, or Dixie Kong. The only Nintendo rep it could be another shill pick like a Sword and Shield Rep although there was already a spirit board. What else could it possibly be not represented since we got Three Houses?

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
This is where I'm at right now. Congrats to the Animal Crossing fans, but that franchise does nothing for me.
The franchise does plenty for me and even I'm annoyed because I don't have a clue how they can stretch ONLY interesting/new news that we don't already know across 25m. I swear if they're like "NEW FURNITURE, NEW HAIRSTYLES" it's like "yeah no ****, tell us about new features and crafting please".

Also the fact that it's not a general direct so it's more time we have to wait to see what's coming for this year. We don't have a clue about any of it.

D

Deleted member

Spam/off-topic
I’ll post my thoughts later!

Thank you Nintendo!

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The classic 5 pm direct announcement
Oh, finally! Hopefully this means a proper Direct is right around the corner.

Im pretty glad I was wrong also lol
My, how the turntables... :ultpacman:
TheresAnAnimalCrossingDirectOnThe20th.png

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, let's make a guess here and now: are you guys more hopeful for the General Direct next Thursday or the first week of March? Either way, I'm fairly confident we'll find out who Fighter #6 of this new Fighter Pass is

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I doubt this was very serious but have they ever announced a Smash character in a direct dedicated to a game that isn't Smash?
I want to say yes, but I can't think of one. The closest I recall is Isabelle, but that was a general Direct. They just tied it into an AC announcement.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Nice, an AC Direct!

Wait, which leaker said it would be announced today? Was it Zippo? (Note that I wrote this as part of a huge post and haven't seen posts that may have addressed this already)

Regardless, I thought I'd put together a music list I want to accompany Geno.

Now, this is banking on the "Only 2 Songs per game" pattern established with Square's Properties thus far.

The Obligatory Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Songs:
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Fight Against an Armed Boss.

Now with those out of the way, I think we can list other Nintendo/Square crossovers that have happened.

Mario Hoops 3-on-3:
Sherbet Land [CD Version] (someone posted this earlier, and I had never heard it before. Pretty sick if you ask me.)
Peach Field [CD Version]

Mario Sports Mix:
Starship
Smash Skate Level 2 (This was a tough choice)

And then we can reach non-Square incorporated music from other RPGs.

Paper Mario Series:
Freeze! (64)
Keeping Pace (64)
Attack on the Koopa Bros. (64)
Main Title / Battle Fanfare Medley (64)
Bowser's Rage (64)

Main Theme (TTYD)
Battle Theme (TTYD)
Petal Meadows (TTYD)
Vs. Magnus von Grapple (TTYD)
Vs. Cortez (TTYD)
Vs. Doopliss (TTYD)

Lineland Road (SPM)
Vs. Mr. L / Brobot L-Type Medley (SPM)
Vs. Francis (SPM)
Vs. Count Bleck (SPM)
The Ultimate Show (SPM)

Vs. Gooper Blooper (SS)
Vs. Kamek (SS)

Ruddy Road (CS)
The Golden Colosseum / Vs. Iggy Medley (CS)

Mario & Luigi Series:
Battle Theme / Boss Battle Medley (SS)
Vs. Popple (SS)
Last Battle (SS)

Battle Theme / Serious Trouble Medley (PiT)
Boss Battle (PiT)
Final Battle (PiT)

Okie Dokie! / SHOWTIME! Medley (BIS)
Minigame (BIS)
The Giant (BIS)

Never Let Up! (DT)
Size Up Your Enemy (DT)
The FINAL Antasma Battle (DT)

Big Bang! (PJ)

And that's all I got for now in regards to music selection. I think it covers the songs that should've gotten in at the very least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom