• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
My reaction to fan characters in ultimate:
View attachment 261873
wynn.PNG

"...fan characters..."?

"Fan characters? Uh, what? Clearly Sakurai hates the fans and puts in Mii costumes and Assist Trophies as a sign of contempt towards the Smash fanbase. 'Everyone Is Here?' Forget about it! He has *insert popular character here* as an Assist Trophy so he must hate the fans! Boo, I say! Now, 'hype responsibly™' and prepare for the Geno Mii costume to return. After all, it wouldn't ever be with Hero because they had to give all eyes on Dragon Quest or something! Who knows, maybe if you're lucky you'll get a premium costume since Sans and Cuphead getting them is a clear sign Geno will!"

(:ultpacman:)

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Even if we get a direct in February I’m not expecting a reveal yet. Seems too soon.

But maybe they’re feeling generous after that long wait for byleth and because a lot of us have spent money blindly already on the pass so please let me be wrong.

I can’t ever pretend to understand their decision making. DLC speculation is one big sickening rollercoaster.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 261880
"...fan characters..."?

"Fan characters? Uh, what? Clearly Sakurai hates the fans and puts in Mii costumes and Assist Trophies as a sign of contempt towards the Smash fanbase. 'Everyone Is Here?' Forget about it! He has *insert popular character here* as an Assist Trophy so he must hate the fans! Boo, I say! Now, 'hype responsibly™' and prepare for the Geno Mii costume to return. After all, it wouldn't ever be with Hero because they had to give all eyes on Dragon Quest or something! Who knows, maybe if you're lucky you'll get a premium costume since Sans and Cuphead getting them is a clear sign Geno will!"

Nintendo employee: But what about Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie?

Sakurai: MAKE THEM ALL INTO ASSIST TROPHIES DAMNIT!!!

Nintendo employee: But a bunch of people would whether die from the great disappointment from it.

Sakurai: Well they better get to it and decrease the surplus population!

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
At least a direct will probably be announced tomorrow now for Thursday... hopefully.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Interesting how Mandy's one prediction after getting noticed ends up being wrong. Truly curious, isn't it?

I was not really against what you thought of Mandy, but now I completely am not. I guess you could say you were right this whole time.
I accept donations in the form of Monopoly money.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Censor dodging
Welp, so much for this.
(image changed to one without censor-dodging)

Last edited by a moderator:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
we’ve been stuck in a weekly timeloop since December

truly this is what purgatory feels like

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Interesting how Mandy's one prediction after getting noticed ends up being wrong. Truly curious, isn't it?

I accept donations in the form of Monopoly money.
Well, thing is, if they were wrong about the Direct, then chances are, they were wrong about Crash, too.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
we’ve been stuck in a weekly timeloop since December

truly this is what purgatory feels like
No joke. Truly, this is Smash Fans Hell.

"Give us news, please! We have only waited since 2020 and its 2045. Surely some news is coming!?"

"mmmmm NOOOooo"

EDIT: Also, Nintendo usually does an update on twitter 45 minutes from now, if memory serves...10AM CST for me.

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
View attachment 261880
"...fan characters..."?

"wynn729 is typing..." nice

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At least a direct will probably be announced tomorrow now for Thursday... hopefully.
That's basically where I'm at. Like I said, pinpointing Directs is hard enough which is why I am paying more attention to Markomaro's statement from last week. Not even the NoA ambassador or VRPlant were able to call specific days but I was willing to give Mandy the benefit of the doubt for the sake of fairness.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
True, but I don't think Mandy being wrong about Crash would effect his chances in any way shape or form.
Well, it could affect his chances of being Fighter Number 6.

EDIT: Also, Nintendo usually does an update on twitter 45 minutes from now, if memory serves...10AM CST for me.
Yeah, but I don't think it is going to be a Direct announcement.

Last edited:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! Hope everyone who haunts just the thread is doing well. Just been lurking since I haven't had much to add, but I think Geno is either 6 or 7. I'm still not entirely convinced he'll come with more than two songs.

I don't like how so many people are just automatically deferring to MandyCan. Reminds me of every other false prophet people surrendered their hopes and dreams to. The whole "Crash is 6. Why? BECAUSE Twitter guru say so" with no other basis is such a garbage mentality to me. Like people want someone to think for them.

Thinking Crash is 6 for other reasons is fine (which I personally think they're 8 or 9, and I'm super neutral on the marsupial/literally wont care about spec anymore once Geno gets in)

Anyways that's just been bothering me...

I enjoy Fatman's spec and believe alot of it has good basis, but he's not making his statements unwritten law. Honestly, stuff with Mandy and the two unmentionables is the thing I hate most about speculation; telling people what to think/expect/hope for. Aside from companies themselves leaking things ala SNK copyright, nothing is set in stone when it comes to spec and theorycrafting. Geno could come next direct with 2 smrpg songs and Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit board for Pete's sake...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That is why I said "could". Not "will", if I may say. You should know what I mean by that.
I know exactly what you mean. But just one leaker shouldn't have the effect to decrease a character's chances especially one that's has a unknown of a track record as Mandy. What exactly makes him credible at all to believe him besides the fact he predicted Byleth being FP5 months prior? Honestly, I think his Byleth claim was more of a lucky guess than a leak.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Well, gotta wait tomorrow for announcement tomorrow.

“Hello darkness my old friend” comes to mind once again.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Reminder don't get your hopes up fellas, I'm expecting a direct much later than Feb personally

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know exactly what you mean. But just one leaker shouldn't have the effect to decrease a character's chances especially one that's has a unknown of a track record as Mandy. What exactly makes him credible at all to believe him besides the fact he predicted Byleth being FP5 months prior? Honestly, I think his Byleth claim was more of a lucky guess than a leak.
Perhaps so. Still, I don't think I was saying Mandy's being wrong about the Direct affects Crash's chances for being Fighter 6. It could still happen, even if Mandy was wrong on the Direct.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I don't like how so many people are just automatically deferring to MandyCan. Reminds me of every other false prophet people surrendered their hopes and dreams to. The whole "Crash is 6. Why? BECAUSE Twitter guru say so" with no other basis is such a garbage mentality to me. Like people want someone to think for them.
This happens nearly every time between characters. Usually it's some 4chan post that got the last character right so people treat its other predictions like gospel but this time it's a whole ass Twitter account

Welp, let that be a lesson to us all. An insider with balls is an oxy moron. Confidence/Arrogance = Fake News.
Observe, I have absorbed Mandy's insider essence. Now I am the credible insider! Geno is next.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
There was no Nintendo Direct announcement today, probably because it's a national holiday in Japan today - Foundation Day - so most people would have the day off.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There was no Nintendo Direct announcement today, probably because it's a national holiday today - Foundation Day - so most people would have the day off.
With that said, it is best to never assume that a Direct will happen on the day of a national holiday in another country. Do research before you jump to any conclusion.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Has there ever been a direct announcement on a Wednesday?

If not then I am going to personally march to NoA headquarters and duke it out with Doug Bowser.

Edit: Just saw the message Zem-raj Zem-raj made, my nerd rage has been quelled... For now....

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
That's basically where I'm at. Like I said, pinpointing Directs is hard enough which is why I am paying more attention to Markomaro's statement from last week. Not even the NoA ambassador or VRPlant were able to call specific days but I was willing to give Mandy the benefit of the doubt for the sake of fairness.
The last new feature for the Switch version of DMC3 is supposed to be announced on Thursday so... maybe in a Direct? Please Nintendo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom