• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
>"Man, that Piranha Plant reveal sure was funny, it is disappointing that the grinch leak was fake, but oh well, maybe the plant memes will be funny-"
>The doubters start attacking anyone who believed the leak, and dared to criticize Sakurai about his decisions with the stupid "Plant Gang" bull****, all while laughing at those who wanted their characters and calling them "entitled man children who didn't deserve sakurai's love"
>MFW
View attachment 260946
Love how Plant Gang basically died a week after Plant was released and people realized they didn't care about him at all.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
It's kind of irritating how people retroactively act like the Grinch leak had no compelling evidence and basis to it's legitamacy and that it was nothing more than a blurry image and anybody who believed it was dumb

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
It's kind of irritating how people retroactively act like the Grinch leak had no compelling evidence and basis to it's legitamacy and that it was nothing more than a blurry image and anybody who believed it was dumb
So much this. I didn't believe the leak to the fullest myself, but i saw the evidence as legitimate, so it could of happened.
Love how Plant Gang basically died a week after Plant was released and people realized they didn't care about him at all.
Those type of people like to call Waluigi a meme character.
Piranha Plant was truly a meme character.

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
>"Man, that Piranha Plant reveal sure was funny, it is disappointing that the grinch leak was fake, but oh well, maybe the plant memes will be funny-"
>The doubters start attacking anyone who believed the leak, and dared to criticize Sakurai about his decisions with the stupid "Plant Gang" bull****, all while laughing at those who wanted their characters and calling them "entitled man children who didn't deserve sakurai's love"
>MFW
View attachment 260946
I know this might come as a shock to you but you’re not posting on 4chan.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
1. Although not impossible, getting two characters from the same universe seems unlikely if you believe Geno is going to be an actual character in this pass. If this does end up happening I kind of see these two being introduced in the same trailer.

2. He is an assist trophy already, although I don’t believe this disconfirms a character outright, you do have to consider its possible that those characters were intended for a specific purpose.
Wait, I thought it's plant piranha that makes following DLCs from Mario series more unlikely? And I don't think this confirms Nintendo allow two FPs to have DLCs from same universes if that means Fire Emblem is still on the ship.

To me the whole assist trophy talk has several major defects, one is that it cannot ensure which one of the current assist would be picked, and we should also count other nonplayable roles includnig pokeballs and bosses. Secondly we cannot exclude the participation of unused characters as usual, only when NIintendo garuntee us a npc promotion for next slot would the whole discussion be much more realistic.

I'm not a supportor of the popularity talk. Even if I like most of the characters you mentioned, I expect them to be put in many other topselling Mario games on Switch first before moving on to their possiblity for Smash bros. Even for KRool, his controversy of absence from recent games is still legit.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
To piggyback off this, this fanbase is disgustingly revisionist. Ridley? Obvious? K. Rool? A total lock. Box theory? Duh. Grinch? A complete farce. Both Hero and Banjo? Of COURSE Sakurai would do those.

Like nobody wants to acknowledge that each of these divided the entire community. You figure it out? Good for you. It's not like people were stupid for thinking any of these didn't go the way they thought it would. Geno is just gonna be another mark on the list.

/vent

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
To piggyback off this, this fanbase is disgustingly revisionist. Ridley? Obvious? K. Rool? A total lock. Box theory? Duh. Grinch? A complete farce. Both Hero and Banjo? Of COURSE Sakurai would do those.

Like nobody wants to acknowledge that each of these divided the entire community. You figure it out? Good for you. It's not like people were stupid for thinking any of these didn't go the way they thought it would. Geno is just gonna be another mark on the list.

/vent
That's because no one wants to admit they were wrong. I remember K. Rool and Ridley having a ton of detractors in the Smash 4 days. I'll admit that I thought Ridley was too big, but I still thought he would be awesome if they found a way to make him work.

During those days I mostly lurked in the K. Rool thread, and what I've learned from lurking in threads of characters of varying popularity is detractors only make a fuss if your character is one of the ones at the top. I still see some of the same people who gave Ridley and K. Rool flack giving Geno flack now. It just boils down to it's not a character they want, so they're going to crap on their supporters instead.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty sure 6 will be in this next Direct because Smash announcements are usually blind spots for insiders outside of E3.

-August 2018 Smash Direct went unleaked along with 4 of its 5 characters.

-Plant largely went unleaked.

-Joker largely went unleaked.

-Nintendo accidentally leaked Terry themselves.

-Byleth didn't leak.

That's why I don't buy people saying "well, I haven't heard a Smash announcement coming" because we usually don't.

Another thing to consider is when Season 2 was announced. Nintendo flat out said that Season 2 characters were already in development... In September. That was already 5 months ago. E3 is still 4 months away. The actual average development time for characters not including negotiations and planning is 6-8 months. This lines up perfectly with an April release, which Mewtwo and Joker both were in the past and both kicked off their respective DLC seasons. This all said, the timing is near perfect unless for some inexplicable reason 6 is a random shadowdrop in April.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Pretty sure 6 will be in this next Direct because Smash announcements are usually blind spots for insiders outside of E3.

-August 2018 Smash Direct went unleaked along with 4 of its 5 characters.

-Plant largely went unleaked.

-Joker largely went unleaked.

-Nintendo accidentally leaked Terry themselves.

-Byleth didn't leak.

That's why I don't buy people saying "well, I haven't heard a Smash announcement coming" because we usually don't.

Another thing to consider is when Season 2 was announced. Nintendo flat out said that Season 2 characters were already in development... In September. That was already 5 months ago. E3 is still 4 months away. The actual average development time for characters not including negotiations and planning is 6-8 months. This lines up perfectly with an April release, which Mewtwo and Joker both were in the past and both kicked off their respective DLC seasons. This all said, the timing is near perfect unless for some inexplicable reason 6 is a random shadowdrop in April.
>Using the lack of confirmation as a confirmation

Fatman you crazy son of a ***** you’ve done it again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
>Using the lack of confirmation as a confirmation

Fatman you crazy son of a ***** you’ve done it again.
That's honestly kind of how it is with Smash. Beyond that, Smash has been included in every general Direct while the games have been "active" since 2013. Beyond my previous post, it just hard goes against precedent in a lot of ways along with the gap between Smash news rarely exceeds two months.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I also doubt they'd want to go too long without showing anything in FP2, given that FP1 had at least Joker revealed before even the game went live. I would be truly shocked if DLC 6 isn't shown soon; even if we somehow don't get a direct (which I super doubt considering all signs point to one), they'll still be shown somehow.

As for release dates, April would line up quite well, along with August for E3's reveal and November/December for ~September's reveal. Then just do the same schedule in 2021.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In the past two days:

>Amazon confirms Saints Row IV Switch leak.

>Platinum puts up a new teaser site for an unannounced game.

>Platinum confirms Wonderful 101 rumors were true.

>Nintendo pushes back major SNES Online announcement.

>Animal Crossing Direct supposedly ready to go and can happen at any time this month.

>Still no General Direct announcement despite rumors since mid December.

e09.jpg

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
>Amazon confirms Saints Row IV Switch leak.

>Platinum puts up a new teaser site for an unannounced game.

>Animal Crossing Direct supposedly ready to go and can happen at any time this month.

>Still no General Direct despite rumors since mid December.

View attachment 261031
I am starting to wonder what is wrong with Nintendo now? Why have they not announced a Direct yet?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I am starting to wonder what is wrong with Nintendo now? Why have they not announced a Direct yet?
It's getting legit annoying. Byleth being revealed so late (and then released like immediately after) also felt... very odd. I still do wonder if we were supposed to have a direct in January that would have revealed Byleth, FP2, and then DLC 6, but something happened back in November? Unless that specific part of the Sakurai video was actually recorded later.

Idk, it just doesn't feel right with me. We still have no clue about DLC 6 with FP2 being out for a week, and we still have no clue regarding our 2020 holiday title. It also stings worse considering there's big rumors around game series I really love: PM (the good ones), 2D Metroid (sequel to one of my top Metroids), SMRPG being on a list of SNES games (NSO release?); like there's so many good things that I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT BUT NINTENDO WON'T DELIVER THEM TO ME, NINTENDO PLEASE!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I know for many Byleth is about as exciting as betting on a molasses race during the harshest part of winter, but come on guys he literally JUST came out. It has been what like a week? Just calm down. Stop expecting to get anything new any time soon. Enjoy what is in Smash or enjoy other games and life activities. Just chill out y'all it's not the end of the world if we don't get an announcement soon. I know people are anxious about seeing how FP2 is gonna kick off and if it truly is going to cater more to fan requests, but have some perspective here. Chances are we will be waiting a little while. We've been waiting over 2 decades I think we can handle it. I would love an exciting new announcement but after watching Nintendo drag their feet revealing and releasing Byleth I don't really think information will be coming at the pace we want or expect. Just because we could get a direct soon doesn't mean we will get Smash news so soon after FP1 ended and especially when we have 2 years to release 6 characters.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I'd rather have no Direct and wait for e3, then we'd get more content to consume at e3 instead of splitting it up. But that's just me : )

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know for many Byleth is about as exciting as betting on a molasses race during the harshest part of winter, but come on guys he literally JUST came out. It has been what like a week? Just calm down. Stop expecting to get anything new any time soon. Enjoy what is in Smash or enjoy other games and life activities. Just chill out y'all it's not the end of the world if we don't get an announcement soon. I know people are anxious about seeing how FP2 is gonna kick off and if it truly is going to cater more to fan requests, but have some perspective here. Chances are we will be waiting a little while. We've been waiting over 2 decades I think we can handle it. I would love an exciting new announcement but after watching Nintendo drag their feet revealing and releasing Byleth I don't really think information will be coming at the pace we want or expect. Just because we could get a direct soon doesn't mean we will get Smash news so soon after FP1 ended and especially when we have 2 years to release 6 characters.
I am calm, but I am just annoyed. That is all.

Firox

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
On a side note, I love how many outright Geno haters lurk that "Rate the character" thread. LOL at all the:

Geno

Chance: 0.0000000% Cuz Geno be old and irrelevant. He from a dead franchise with no future. No way anything like that would ever happen........ :ultbanjokazooie:

Want: 0.00000% I'm totally not bias but his little wooden body needs to get snapped to pieces and thrown in my fire place cuz I'm a personal friend of Sakurai's and have infinite knowledge of the dev team's activities and I know with 100% certainty that Mii costumes aren't developed until 5 minutes before their reveal, hence Cacomallow was just an elaborate hoax for which no one will take credit or successfully recreate. BOOM! My logic is undeniable. My sources? You don't need my sources....(waves hand in the air)....these aren't the droids your looking for....

MattX20

Smash Hero
If the Direct isn't revealed today, remember there is tomorrow or next week at the latest.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I'd rather have no Direct and wait for e3, then we'd get more content to consume at e3 instead of splitting it up. But that's just me : )
That’s not really how it works though. We’re getting nearly an hour at e3 no matter what. I’ll take the hour at E3 and the 40 minutes that we’ll get this month. It’s been 5 months to the day since the last General Direct. We’re getting one soon

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My impatience largely comes from:

-Wanting to know if certain rumors I've heard as far back as August are true.

-Wanting to know what the "tone" of Season 2 will be.

-People apparently knowing some of the major announcements of this Direct since December and it STILL hasn't happened.

-Animal Doxxing is the only major new Nintendo game confirmed for 2020 so far and I definitely want to know if Spring and Summer 2020 are going to be a total wash and if nothing major is coming until the fall.

Firox

Smash Master
My impatience largely comes from:

-Wanting to know if certain rumors I've heard as far back as August are true.

-Wanting to know what the "tone" of Season 2 will be.

-People apparently knowing some of the major announcements of this Direct since December and it STILL hasn't happened.

-Animal Doxxing is the only major new Nintendo game confirmed for 2020 so far and I definitely want to know if Spring and Summer 2020 are going to be a total wash and if nothing major is coming until the fall.
I personally would like to know if development has started on Metroid Prime 4. :ultpacman:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I'd be considerably more calm if they weren't trying to sell me fighters pass 2 without telling me what's in it.

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
S*bi said that this week is going to be “ZZZ”. Don’t kill me for bringing him up, but maybe we won’t get a Direct this week?

Firox

Smash Master
It broke again
I figured. Can you imagine the **** storm that Nintendo execs must have walked into for them to demand a complete overhaul?

"Well, gentlemen, I present to you......Metroid Prime 4!"

"......this is a re-skinned version of Goldeneye from the N64."

"Yeeeaahh, Naoto kinda blew most of our budget on instant noodles....but look! We brought back the thermal visor! See, that cluster of pixels is an invisible Oddjob!"

(Hands them a katana) "You know what you have to do. I'll lay out the body bags. Just be sure to zip yourselves in half-way to save us some time..."

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I'd be considerably more calm if they weren't trying to sell me fighters pass 2 without telling me what's in it.
I mean yeah that's typical poor decision-making by Nintendo. I'm surprised there are people already purchasing it without virtually any information about it. Despite being a completionist and respecting the work that the dev team has done so far, even I am holding off and will probably be purchasing each fighter individually if I'm interested because of several disappointments regarding FP1. I just don't think there's any reason to expect them to do things in a way that makes sense to us or that we expect because they certainly haven't thus far. I'm hoping for a crazy reveal to kick FP2 off that blows our collective minds, but I'm not expecting it at all let alone any time soon.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is there a joke behind this? or can you not name a series without trying to make fun of it in the process?
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-on-to-fighters-pass-2-speculation.446378/page-2374#post-23820934

Animal Crossing was on my WEDDING CAKE. Isabelle is one of my Smash Ultimate mains and Villager was my Smash 4 main. I-I-I don't know what to say at this point. Are people really this sensitive? This isn't even a joke that's controversial. It's not political. It's not sexual. It's not crude. It's not prejudiced. This is like a whole new category of offended that I don't even know how to define. What do you even call this? What do you call something that ascends past a Bruh moment and basically the polar opposite of Nirvana because that's basically what this is. I'm sure I can see my own soul leaving my body and looking down at my phone in total disbelief. You know that scene in a Christmas Carol where Ebenezer Scrooge sees his own grave? That's a pretty accurate description of how I'm feeling right now.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
We still have tomorrow for a potential announcement for the general direct. We have had cases where they just announce the Direct the day before it happens. Don't lose hope just yet. And even if not this week, next week is all but guaranteed.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We still have tomorrow for a potential announcement for the general direct. We have had cases where they just announce the Direct the day before it happens. Don't lose hope just yet. And even if not this week, next week is all but guaranteed.
So, Directs have been announced on Wednesday’s before?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-on-to-fighters-pass-2-speculation.446378/page-2374#post-23820934

Animal Crossing was on my WEDDING CAKE. Isabelle is one of my Smash Ultimate mains and Villager was my Smash 4 main. I-I-I don't know what to say at this point. Are people really this sensitive? This isn't even a joke that's controversial. It's not political. It's not sexual. It's not crude. It's not prejudiced. This is like a whole new category of offended that I don't even know how to define. What do you even call this? What do you call something that ascends past a Bruh moment and basically the polar opposite of Nirvana because that's basically what this is. I'm sure I can see my own soul leaving my body and looking down at my phone in total disbelief. You know that scene in a Christmas Carol where Ebenezer Scrooge sees his own grave? That's a pretty accurate description of how I'm feeling right now.
That's just how the internet works my man. If you ever have to ask how something could possibly get worse, be taken any further, or become any more detached from reality then the answer is always, and I mean ALWAYS, to just wait and watch it happen. Because ironically that is the one thing you can always count on it for.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

understanable but what was the joke is all Im asking

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I think he was just trying to be humorous by messing with the name. It's like how people joke about the next pokemon game being call "Ketchup" and "Mustard" (with the inevitable third installment, "Horse radish") or how my dad calls Jack in the Box, Jack in the Crack. Some people find it amusing while others apparently do not. It's not intended to be throwing shade.

EDIT: Man, an Animal Crossing wedding cake topper? Freak, that is a devoted fan, let me tell you.......but Smash Bros Villager is still of the devil. Have you seen those eyes? The eyes of a cold blooded killer...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think he was just trying to be humorous by messing with the name. It's like how people joke about the next pokemon game being call "Ketchup" and "Mustard" (with the inevitable third installment, "Horse radish") or how my dad calls Jack in the Box, Jack in the Crack. Some people find it amusing while others apparently do not. It's not intended to be throwing shade.
aha, got ya, my bad. Yeah, I thought at first it was ill intent but thanks for calming correcting me pf. And about the direct that everyone hints at but never happens, I do wonder why no one has just stopped hinting at one since each hint blew over with nothing happening

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's just dumb word play. I do that. A lot. You can literally see me making posts like this dating back to 2006. Sometimes I just throw stupid **** in my posts so I don't come off as pedantic all the time because I know reading my bigger posts for some of these guys is kind of chore sometimes. Yes, I write like an academic. Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm a physical embodiment of the crippling irony of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom