• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nintendo: -probably- So Sakurai we've just announced the Switch successor and....we know you've done 11 total fighters as DLC, but....next installment now please?

Sakurai: -shrivels into a ball and rolls off into space-

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Wait, was it specified whether the fighter pass 2's picks were Sakurai's choices or Nintendo's choices?

edit: Not sure what I'm getting at here, wasn't the first fighter's pass Nintendo's picks? fuahdfug-

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
We're not getting another character release until March at the absolute earliest and that's incredibly wishful thinking at that when it might not be until E3 we start hearing about how Volume 2 is going to work.

That was also base game where things had to be made beforehand, and now we're talking 2-3 characters' Mii costumes in the future at best case scenario. A big point of it was that it showed "Bethesda and Geno" as coming soon. Fire Emblem tears that to pieces and casts even more doubt on it.
Are you actually suggesting that all DLC is produced linearly? Because that's flat-out not true since we know that they've recorded separate presentations at or around the same time, as well as being capable of having two reveal trailers ready for one event, with full gameplay footage to boot. As such, it would make sense for them to have produced Mii Costumes in advance as well, especially considering they take considerably less time to produce. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if all of the Mii Costumes were already negotiated for and completed a while ago and they've just been sitting there waiting to be released.

Hey guys! I found a leak for the next fighters pass!

You kid, but Donnel would be hype and you know it.

I played the Smash 4 didn't try for him when he was in the midst of his revival and then he got Spirit'd again in Smash Ultimate and not picked for the Fighter's Pass and he only becomes less likely the further removed from Legends we get.

Let's face it, the Rabbids were a bigger presence to get a Mii costume thank Mario + Rabbids than Rayman has been in recent years. He's in one of the worst spots imaginable of any characters not named Rex.
I actually don't really think these Ubisoft costumes disconfirm Rayman. Sure, it doesn't bode well for him, but most of us would agree that all of the Mega Man costumes coming back doesn't disconfirm another Capcom character like Dante, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, or a Monster Hunter from getting in, so why should we think that for Rayman with these Ubisoft costumes? Furthermore, Rabbids aren't technically part of the Rayman universe anymore, having since spun off into their own series entirely.

Last edited:

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Oh. And did anyone else think it was weird that the assassins creed costume didnt say smash x assassins creed? It said smash x altiar. Is there something worth looking into with this? Lol.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The absolute worst part about Byleth being in the game is the music choice- HOW THEY GONNA LEAVE OUT SHAMBHALA LIKE THAT?!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh. And did anyone else think it was weird that the assassins creed costume didnt say smash x assassins creed? It said smash x altiar. Is there something worth looking into with this? Lol.
The Japanese presentation said Assassin's Creed, so it was rather strange. Maybe they just wanted to really promote the character for some reason.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like everyone has been saying, there's been 5 opportunities to take Geno into the woods and put a bullet in his head but he's dodged it time and time again. If you ignore theorycrafting and insider stuff, this suggests on a very basic level that Geno would be coming back with another Square Enix character. Nothing exactly new but with each passing pack, it's further established that Square is a stickler for keeping Square stuff with Square stuff. That heavily establishes that one of the 6 is Square. If this pack is going to follow the trends of the past, that means that the companies already represented in Smash will appear first.

Smash 4- "Nintendo (various second parties)", Capcom USA, Square Enix, and SEGA/Platinum

Ultimate Fighter's Pass- Nintendo, SEGA/Atlus, Square Enix/Armor Project, Microsoft, SNK, and Sword Horde Lords Inc.

Based on the three companies we have right now for Mii costumes, it suggests Namco, Capcom, and Square at some point.

Season 2- Nintendo again?, OG third parties, new ****

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
The Japanese presentation said Assassin's Creed, so it was rather strange. Maybe they just wanted to really promote the character for some reason.
Oh I didnt know that. That is really weird. Most likely doesnt mean anything, just really stood out to me when it got announced lol

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Wait, was it specified whether the fighter pass 2's picks were Sakurai's choices or Nintendo's choices?

edit: Not sure what I'm getting at here, wasn't the first fighter's pass Nintendo's picks? fuahdfug-
Nope at all, but I have to imagine Sakurai used the same list they gave him. Since in case you are unaware, Nintendo gave Sakurai a list of characters to choose for DLC as the method to decide who was getting in as DLC. I imagine for FP2 he went back to that list and decide some of the ones he heavily consider, but didn't quite make the cut last time.

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
Nintendo of Europe and Japan's stream retained the "Smash X Assassin's Creed" naming scheme. It seems that only NOA's stream named it with the "x Altair" branding. The reason why this happened could likely be chalked up to tensions between Iran and the USA. It's certainly possible given that that Nintendo feels it's inappropriate to use the word "Assassin".

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I feel as though things would've gone over better if they revealed Byleth in September and Terry was revealed today. At least then, this announcement would've been less of a punch in the gut with getting more characters and Terry wouldn't be the absolute worst way to end off the pass. The precedent of only big third parties also wouldn't have solidified as much, so it likely would've stung less.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
At the end of it all, I believe I had learned something valuable. Even if there may be a Grim Reaper list of all the characters taken out with the scythe, it won't be truly done until the fat Sakurai sings long and hard. That will not shake my support, nor should it dictate my behaviors. Only by my will should my support and behavior change.
Or to go crazy and quote a Hitler movie: "THE WAR IS NOT LOST! THE WAR IS NOT. LOST!"

D

Deleted member

Some things that bother me:

Sakurai and Nintendo decided on more DLC in what was most likely July or August, yet want us to believe that not a second worth of work has been put into it as of November 2019 when they filmed the presentation, and basically have gone so far as to say in mid January of 2020 they're not showing us the first character of the pass for "some time".

Despite the fact I mostly don't believe it because I was never provided any grounding for the belief, if this was the only DLC wave they planned, we're expected to believe that they simply intended to not bring back Lloyd, Gil, Geno, Chocobo, or Heihachi's mii costumes, two of those being some of the most longtime requested characters in Smash history?

It's the kind of stuff that makes you want to call bull****.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
People in Newcomer Spec are talking about how little of a chance Geno has now, as if anything revealed this morning has changed his likelihood. Smh.
Sorry, my join date and the actual years on me are totally different. I lost the password+email address to my old account here, but it's from 2006 at the very latest. No need to get into a pissing contest over that, though, our hells are the same.
I was just fooling with ya, we all share this pain.

bomamba

Smash Cadet
On one hand Geno has avoided the mii costume for so long now, but I feel like if it gets revealed that he only comes back as a mii costume, it’s gonna sting that much more. But that’s why you wait for the directs I guess.

D

Deleted member

On one hand Geno has avoided the mii costume for so long now, but I feel like if it gets revealed that he only comes back as a mii costume, it’s gonna sting that much more. But that’s why you wait for the directs I guess.
After a Mario enemy and two ****ing Marth knockoffs (one of which we had to pay extra for), if Geno still comes back as a costume, it's not going to sting because of the wait, I'll tell you that much...

Last edited by a moderator:

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
I really hope that December 2021 is just a placeholder. Ideally I'd love for all 6 challengers to be released by Spring 2021. Given the direct was filmed in November and they were talking about Fighters Pass2 I think its fair to assume that characters in FP2 were already being worked on at that time.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
People in Newcomer Spec are talking about how little of a chance Geno has now, as if anything revealed this morning has changed his likelihood. Smh.
To be honest, those guys will dismiss Geno's chances at the drop of a hat. Every time I open my front door they find some reason to finagle something to "hurt Geno's chances."

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'd be so bummed, honestly. I would rather he doesn't appear at all than as a Mii.

Sans (a now iconic character from a fantastic game) and Cuphead (my most-desired Indie pick) have both beeb given this treatment and it honestly means squat to me. I'm not a fan of the Miis at all, and their cosmetics are the equivalent of a Fortnite skin to me. I don't want to look like these characters, I want to play as them.

Last edited:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
I actually think Geno would have had a greater chance in fighter pack two, for the simple reason this would have opened enough time for Sakurai to communicate with Square Enix again after he gained permission for the spirit, unlike the first fighter pack which would have been made in the middle of the games development.

Heoj

Smash Ace

I was just fooling with ya, we all share this pain.
Damn, it always hurts seeing people diss geno, this didnt really affect genos chances much at all, pretty much only made cacomallow questionable. I would say that Geno is right now one of the strongest potentials for post pass honestly. I mean, we somehow managed to escape mii costume massacre and if this fighter pass was the only content intended, then the geno mii costume simply wasnt planned to return. Which overall i find rather suspicious as i honestly wouldnt be surprised if the geno and chocobo miis were supposed to come with hero but then some time earlier they greenlit season 2 and then they removed the geno costume to turn him into a full fighter and gave him the chocobo hat to geno to make it less suspicious or to make it more consistent.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The fact that the Square pack is the ONLY one not to feature any returning mii costumes when there are two right there for them to throw in is suspisious as hell at this point.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just let the salt pile up. If Geno still winds up being 77 and an E3 reveal on top of everything else, we couldn't ask for a better ending. It sucks that Sakurai basically confirmed the rest of DLC will be a snail's pace but we've already been in this long enough to not give up yet. Assuming I'm right about 6 being revealed before E3, Geno would be one of the final five and it would still be the Dunk of the Decade. Yes, I wish my triple reveal theory had been true but if it means Geno gets the same honor as other Smash megatons like Snake, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ridley, and Banjo, I'm all for it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When in doubt always remind people their favorite has no chance of getting in. It worked before!

Just look at Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, Daisy, Chrom, Bayonetta, Animal Crossing characters......

Oh.....

Wait a damn second.

Last edited:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
When it doubt always remind people their favorite has no chance of getting in. It worked before!

Just look at Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, Daisy, Chrom, Bayonetta, Animal Crossing characters......

Oh.....

Wait a damn second.
There is no such thing as a character with no chance of getting in. What matters is if Sakurai will go and do it, and if the other companies are willing to play ball.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
The fact that the Square pack is the ONLY one not to feature any returning mii costumes when there are two right there for them to throw in is suspisious as hell at this point.
I would be extremely confident in calling it for Geno if Choccobo had come with Hero too, so I suppose that's why they took out the hat because it would become rather obvious.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There is no such thing as a character with no chance of getting in. What matters is if Sakurai will go and do it, and if the other companies are willing to play ball.
You don't have to tell me, I swear I was like one of 5 active and vocal Bayonetta supporters during Smash 4. I constantly was going ''Guys, this ***** is coming. Ya'll better recognize what is about to happen."

Nobody listened to my ass.

Guess who was satisifed as ****?

This guy.

(History repeated itself with Isabelle this round too. I tried telling so many people she wouldn't be an echo, but nope....Fisher is just the goofy guy who used to do a majority of his posts as Roger Smith from American Dad.....what does he know?!)

Bee Card

Smash Ace

It's on the smash website (in the FE character selection), look how they're cute together xD

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
You don't have to tell me, I swear I was like one of 5 active and vocal Bayonetta supporters during Smash 4. I constantly was going ''Guys, this ***** is coming. Ya'll better recognize what is about to happen."

Nobody listened to my ass.

Guess who was satisifed as ****?

This guy.

(History repeated itself with Isabelle this round too. I tried telling so many people she wouldn't be an echo, but nope....Fisher is just the goofy guy who used to do a majority of his posts as Roger Smith from American Dad.....what does he know?!)
... so what you’re telling me is you know who’s coming in pass 2

D

Deleted member

It’s funny to see that the mii costumes generated a bigger reaction than Byleth. Goes to show that maybe this wasn’t the best character to pick.

D

Deleted member

Just let the salt pile up. If Geno still winds up being 77 and an E3 reveal on top of everything else, we couldn't ask for a better ending. It sucks that Sakurai basically confirmed the rest of DLC will be a snail's pace but we've already been in this long enough to not give up yet. Assuming I'm right about 6 being revealed before E3, Geno would be one of the final five and it would still be the Dunk of the Decade. Yes, I wish my triple reveal theory had been true but if it means Geno gets the same honor as other Smash megatons like Snake, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ridley, and Banjo, I'm all for it.
I do see Geno being at E3 2020 and released late June or early July. Summer 2019 seemed to be Geno development starting with Smithy and Mallow Mii costumes and IIRC In your Geno essay, some of PapeGenos reputable sources has heard Geno. Also lines up with character development takes up to a year.

D

Deleted member

Ya think so?
No that I don’t hate Fire Emblem or anything, but it’s just so overdone. The question is was this REALLY fighter 5 or was there something else going on behind the scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom