• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
To be fair everyone, Sakurai is keeping true with the "final" character of Base Game and DLC. To end on a lower note in comparison to other reveals. (I am a FE fan, but I can understand the irritation for people. I get it, but not sad about it.)

However .... I still think things were swapped around due to DLC 2.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Reposting this again because, on this list, literally one bullet point of the nine was totally wrong and that was 5 being a Western character. All the others are still in play.

-None of my contacts believed the triple reveal rumor and, lo and behold, it didn't happen.

-6 is not a bonus character but a full pack. Kudos to the contact.

-Basically confirmation that the "Sans treatment" will keep going with Indies.

-Only 6 characters left, kind of drives the nail in deeper for no indies or echoes.

-One of my contacts made a mistake. Knew about the Three Houses stage and spirits but attributed it to 6, not 5. There are probably a solid dozen confidants that can confirm this detail.

-"5 and 6 to be revealed in the same presentation or very close together." Still definitely in play, especially with the rumblings of a big ass Direct.

Yes, we'll all take the L for being wrong about 5 but to discard the other eight bullet points is super petty.
So, you still believe a reveal will happen in the next Direct?

Heoj

Smash Ace
I feel like 2B is the only other square character i can see happening other than geno, and thats pretty much the primary danger zone for the geno mii costume to come back

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Despite the black eye today, I'm still super confident on Geno, Lloyd, and Dante in 2020. Wrestling with Crash and Dragonborn because both would work for E3 but today's events imply that Crash would be "Season 3." Currently taking one of my contact's words for it that Ryu was ultimately dropped but I think I have plenty of time to analyze that nugget.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
What about Crono from Chrono Trigger? Or Sora? There's quite a bit of Square-Enix characters in their library.
Don't get me wrong, Crono is the only guy I would accept to defeat to, but he seems unlikely. A Mii Costume for Chrono Trigger would be godlike to go with Geno/a second SE character.
My second most wanted SE character is actually Chocobo!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
To be fair everyone, Sakurai is keeping true with the "final" character of Base Game and DLC. To end on a lower note in comparison to other reveals. (I am a FE fan, but I can understand the irritation for people. I get it, but not sad about it.)

However .... I still think things were swapped around due to DLC 2.
Nope. I'm done with falling for the end game hype train for characters. It's never ends big or well enough, with only Smash 4 base coming close but its DLC destroyed that goodwill.

So hearing that 6 characters are coming, I'm already writing off character FP2-6 as a lackluster disappointing note. I'm banking on FP2 1 through 5 for being big hype names.

D

Deleted member

On the high note at least we're getting more characters! 11 baby!

But remember what Sakurai said don't purchase it if you don't want the pass.

I hope the next is a combination of 1st and third party characters.

Can't wait too see what's next but of course a wait till then. Which I'm fine with.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
PushDustin translated the tweet as this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1217822003203231745

I thought Sakurai said something in the Direct that could’ve told me otherwise, but E3 it is then.
Joker was revealed only about a month after the Fighter's Pass was formally announced. Worst case scenario is that we have to wait until February for a General Direct but I genuinely doubt Sakurai would make the Smash fanbase wait almost half a year to announce the very first character of Season 2, let alone release them. Even if 6 was an E3 shadowdrop, that's still 5 months away.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Joker was revealed only about a month after the Fighter's Pass was formally announced. Worst case scenario is that we have to wait until February for a General Direct but I genuinely doubt Sakurai would make the Smash fanbase wait almost half a year to announce the very first character of Season 2, let alone release them. Even if 6 was an E3 shadowdrop, that's still 5 months away.
So the most likely time of presentation might be in late Febuary-early March? Because I feel that would be enough time passed with regards to characters. Then that'd line up with 2-3 months to E3 time.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Despite the black eye today, I'm still super confident on Geno, Lloyd, and Dante in 2020. Wrestling with Crash and Dragonborn because both would work for E3 but today's events imply that Crash would be "Season 3." Currently taking one of my contact's words for it that Ryu was ultimately dropped but I think I have plenty of time to analyze that nugget.
With how long this pass is gonna last (Dec. 2021), how viable does a season 3 still seem? I hope we get another but I’m afraid the switch won’t have that much time left.

Another thought I had, does anyone remember the DMC tweet? If something is actually annonunced for today I’m wondering if we could see a Nintendo Direct with a DMC announcement on the 30th or February 13th.

Firox

Smash Master
It is the year 2021, 2 more Square characters have been revealed, neither of them Geno but neither of them came with his costume or Choccobo hat. The other 3 characters were from Fire Emblem: Eleven Condos. We only have 1 character left and it will be revealed in a direct tomorrow. We can only pray this is our time to shine. Moments before the 4th FE character is shown off
Given how shamelessly shill-happy Nintendo is, I can totally see a Gen 8 pokemon closing out the next pass. Strap yourselves in, kids. Galarian Ratata is coming our way.

Man, now I have the most horrifying scenarios going through my head. Could you even FATHOM the salt?:

The year is 2021. Two years have passed and still no Geno. The final DLC character is about to be revealed. And it's......Yamper! With a non-upgraded Geno costume! OOOOOOOOOOH, I'm gonna have to make sure I'm watching that on the cheapest phone/monitor I can find cuz that **** be going through a wall.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Reposting this again because, on this list, literally one bullet point of the nine was totally wrong and that was 5 being a Western character. All the others are still in play.

-None of my contacts believed the triple reveal rumor and, lo and behold, it didn't happen.

-6 is not a bonus character but a full pack. Kudos to the contact.

-Basically confirmation that the "Sans treatment" will keep going with Indies.

-Only 6 characters left, kind of drives the nail in deeper for no indies or echoes.

-One of my contacts made a mistake. Knew about the Three Houses stage and spirits but attributed it to 6, not 5. There are probably a solid dozen confidants that can confirm this detail.

-"5 and 6 to be revealed in the same presentation or very close together." Still definitely in play, especially with the rumblings of a big ass Direct.

Yes, we'll all take the L for being wrong about 5 but to discard the other eight bullet points is super petty.
Hey fatman, I'm just curious. Do you think we will get 6 more characters period or do you think we may get a stray sora or masterchief released separately afterwards? You mentioned in the past that it's generally agreed that Sora will probably make it in.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Not convinced about the whole "Byleth swapped places with some other character in FP5" story mainly because Sakurai said he played a demo very early on in Ultimate development, which he wouldn't need to if he wasn't on a time crunch (getting Byleth ready for Winter 2020 release). There's also the fact that the team rarely ever changes the project plan after it is set: idk how much that applies to DLC and not the base game but it seems like they're keeping that mindset for the Fighers Pass... es.

Last edited:

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Here's his tweet. Basically says 6 is ready to go but can't show it just yet.

View attachment 258095
In case anyone need a proper non google translation:

>Do I really need to do it?... No, I will do it.
>It might take some time to get the preparations done to reveal the 6th fighter. Thank you for your understanding.

UPD: whoops I didn't see PushDustins tweet my bad

Last edited:

Haunted237

Smash Rookie
I lurk a lot on here and rarely(never post). As a long time Geno Fan, I was relieved to not see the Geno costume return, saddened he wasn't FP5, but also really excited to see Byleth. FE3H was amazing and the character look/level/music all look amazing!

Don't know if it has been discussed yet but did anyone see the recent Gamexplain video where they all predicted FE3H characters? Kind of leads credence to the whole insider information.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but...

The UK version of the presentation has more dislikes then likes at the moment.

I personally don't like Byleth that much myself, but I don't think he deserves this at all...
funny how people think dislike bombing a video will do anything. While they are doing that, the ones that are happy are just ignoring them

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey fatman, I'm just curious. Do you think we will get 6 more characters period or do you think we may get a stray sora or masterchief released separately afterwards? You mentioned in the past that it's generally agreed that Sora will probably make it in.
No clue. If we really do only get three a year then John Lennon, Geno, and Lloyd for 2020 would be practically perfect. Unless things change, I'm pretty sure Sakurai was serious about 6 remaining.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Season 3 is heavy hitters: Crash, Master Chief, Sora?

bomamba

Smash Cadet
funny how people think dislike bombing a video will do anything. While they are doing that, the ones that are happy are just ignoring them
Uh, they disliked a youtube video, that’s like, the worst thing ever. Nintendo’s obviously going to remove every fire emblem character in smash bros because some people didn’t like a video. /s

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If people don't want Byleth in.

Completely understand it's fine to express disinterest just don't go to crazy.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Adding on to this, we know that Sakurai doesn’t like the whole “buying without knowing the contents” model of DLC that’s happening. If he waited for five months, I don’t think people would be encouraged to buy it when the only thing incentivizing the purchase is a Mii Costume. Even FP1 had Joker revealed about a month from the original announcement + Plant. I’d say that’s how long we’ve got at most as well. Middle of February may be likely for next direct, unless we continue this pattern and get one next Thursday.

Wasn’t there some rumor of an Animal Crossing focused direct? Not that I’m anticipating one, mind you.

Last edited:

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'm cool with Byleth, I don't think this has anything to do with changing anything and more to do with expressing frustration. People that are happy have no reason to judge here if they're ignoring them.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Check this out

Basicly quick translation is this
FP1 was supposed be Hero / Terry / Banjo / Hayabusa / Joker.
After FP1's reveal, Nintendo noticed that Hayabusa got leaked but FP2 was decided fairly soon after Ultimates' release, they decided to move Hayabusa into FP2. This was also because they wanted to keep pace with Koei Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden project development.
FP2 was decided before E3, but the lineup was finalized in the summer after E3.
FP3 is already has been decided and they are still under negotiations.
The character revealed tomorrow is someone from Nintendo who was supposed to be in FP2

Basicly the claim here is byleth and Ryu hayabusa switched places for reveals
If this was posted just a day before Byleth was confirmed, then I say that makes it very believable.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Idk about a season 3. Supporting this game for what could be 4 years might be a stretch.

My main reasoning behind this is that Nintendo will probably be distributing resources towards a new console by then. Gap between most nintendo consoles on average is about 5 years. I doubt they will continue to support this game so close to a new console's launch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe Season 3 is heavy hitters: Crash, Master Chief, Sora?
I'm taking my contact's claims that MCC and Rare Replay are likely to finally happen this year more seriously now, especially now that Cuphead has happened and Master Chief has been heard as of December. It lines up with a lot and Nintendo adding Microsoft's signature mascot down the line wouldn't surprise me now.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I dont really believe the byleth ryu swap thing, however maybe it has a chance at being real since didnt koei tecmo work on three houses?

Firox

Smash Master
Idk about a season 3. Supporting this game for what could be 4 years might be a stretch.

My main reasoning behind this is that Nintendo will probably be distributing resources towards a new console by then. Gap between most nintendo consoles on average is about 5 years. I doubt they will continue to support this game so close to a new console's launch.
This. Sakurai was talking about Fighter Pass 2 having 2, MAYBE 3 characters. 6 characters sounds like his version of "above and beyond". I think there is a faint possibility of maybe ONE more bonus fighter after this next pass but I seriously doubt we're in for a whole other set.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I know I was critical of Fatman today, but I just remembered something that makes him a tad bit more believable in my eyes.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Do you care if I share one of the names I was told in private about potentially being hard deconfirmed for the entirety of Ultimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom