• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Check this out

Basicly quick translation is this
FP1 was supposed be Hero / Terry / Banjo / Hayabusa / Joker.
After FP1's reveal, Nintendo noticed that Hayabusa got leaked but FP2 was decided fairly soon after Ultimates' release, they decided to move Hayabusa into FP2. This was also because they wanted to keep pace with Koei Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden project development.
FP2 was decided before E3, but the lineup was finalized in the summer after E3.
FP3 is already has been decided and they are still under negotiations.
The character revealed tomorrow is someone from Nintendo who was supposed to be in FP2

Basicly the claim here is byleth and Ryu hayabusa switched places for reveals

I.D.

Smash Lord
I think this is going to be the issue people have with this addition: the exceptions that Fire Emblem gets.

'If Robin missed it even by a day with Awakenings development cycle being along with Smash 4's development, he wouldn't be added. But he was able to make the deadline.'
'Yea, but DK Tropical Freeze was being done at the same time too. So is Dixie being added?'
'Well, that's different.'

'Three Houses is very popular and a success, so we should give them a character.'
'Yea, but Breath of the Wild and Sword/Shield were massive successes as well, one that was highly praised and the other record breaking. Are Zelda and Pokemon getting new characters?'

'Sorry Rex fans, but Xenoblade came out too late in cycle for him to be DLC, plus the DLC list is complete so he can't be added.'
'Yea, but Three Houses is coming out even later, so does that mean a FE character can't be added either?'
There are people who will still deny Sakurai bias.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Other than CacoMallow looking less likely, (but still possible if Bethesda/Geno is FP6), Geno’s chances are still solid as ever.
This is absolutely me looking way too deep into it, but it felt weird to me that if Mallow was supposed to be coming after Cacodemon, that he'd be the first player instead of the second. It probably shouldn't be taken into account, but meh, more interesting than the presentation for me lol

Last edited:

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
If anything Byleth just destroyed that fan theory of “series already represented in smash can’t be DLC”

so we can get a Mario RPG stage, spirit board, and music which I’ll be so down for

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Check this out

After FP1's reveal, Nintendo noticed that Hayabusa got leaked but FP2 was decided fairly soon after Ultimates' release, they decided to move Hayabusa into FP2. This was also because they wanted to keep pace with Koei Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden project development.
The character revealed tomorrow is someone from Nintendo who was supposed to be in FP2

Huh, that’s an interesting story but what’s the source on this?

Droodle

Smash Lord
Check this out

I doubt it; Erdrick was leaked way more then Hayabusa. Yet they didn't delay him; and FP 2 will go all the way till the end of next year so I doubt FP 3 is planned for now.

Byleth was always going to be FP 5.

Dizenn

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3300-0492-5929
Why do so many people want Geno so badly? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely asking what Geno means to you guys and why he should be in smash bros.

I know little to nothing about him so please educate me. I think he's from that mario rpg game?? His character design doesn't look that appealing either. Idk mane, genopill me boys.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So uh... It’s been awhile lol. Kinda disappointed but the Cuphead mii is neat, and six more will hopefully be good.

So how’s Geno looking right now? Im a bit worried but doesnt look like his chances were hurt.

Don’t worry guys I’m good. I just needed a break for awhile
Yeah, that'll be me too now. I understand being disappointed at the prospect of Byleth being Fighter #5 completely, but now the community is just gonna be a huge salt mine because of this. I could argue how Fire Emblem is only represented the way it is due to a certain set of circumstances (as EricTheGamerman says), and I could argue how Byleth is cool as hell. A bunch of things. But I know the counterargument, "It is your opinion, and you can't tell me how to feel." Yeah, you're right. But man, I'm super scared to share my opinion here on this right now because I legitimately am scared people are going to lash out and get on me for calling out some reactions people have had. So yeah, I'm gonna take a break. Sorry people who like me here, I'll be back soon. Oh, and don't misunderstand, I'm not leaving because I'm disappointed in Byleth, in fact I love the character due to their unique and varied moveset and because Three Houses is awesome (though I agree that they maybe shouldn't have ended the pass with him). But some people not playing Three Houses just because Byleth is in Smash? ...geez, how petty can you get? "Don't tell me how to feel AdamBel, it is SAKURAI'S fault for adding such a WIMPER character! He should've known better!" ...alright, whatever. Guess you can't call out behavior because people will just say that's how they feel.

But I feel like people are mad somewhat because this what Smash was gonna end on DLC wise. ...but again, like Geno not being in the initial pass, people are upset over something that just isn't the case. There are 6 more characters. 6. So Byleth isn't the last character. Sure, Byleth WOULD'VE been, but they weren't, so it isn't really an issue because we are living in the timeline with 6 more characters... I know this isn't the only thing people are upset over, but this is the only opinion I'll give before going deeper. I just find it weird that the community was so grateful to Sakurai adding Banjo & Kazooie, some saying "The roster is basically perfect now! I'm so happy, thank you Sakurai!" to now. "Uh but AdamBel that wasn't ever MY opinion!" ...okay? That doesn't invalidate the point I'm making.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" ...okay, whatever. I'll be back in a bit. Hopefully the peopple upset will find peace (*gasp* dont say that AdamBel), and that the people who love Three Houses and Smash enjoy Byleth's inclusion. I personally will. Once more, it is 100% okay to be disappointed in Byleth's inclusion. That is more than alright. That wasn't what I was saying above. ...but I'm sure people will still think I'm doing that. Anyways, take care people who care, I'll see y'all soon.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Why do so many people want Geno so badly? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely asking what Geno means to you guys and why he should be in smash bros.

I know little to nothing about him so please educate me. I think he's from that mario rpg game?? His character design doesn't look that appealing either. Idk mane, genopill me boys.
Wow buddy, you picked the perfect time to drop in.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Took a break to just breathe after all the **** happening at Twitter, it’s a warzone over there lol

to recollect my thoughts yeah I’m disappointed in fighter 5 but hey we got 6 more fighters coming up and Geno’s chances haven’t been squashed plus we got a Cuphead Mii costume with a bonus track so that’s pretty neat

if y’all are annoyed from the fighter announcement, the community, or whatever just take a little break offline cuz man does it feel good to get some fresh air lol
literally this

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Seriously we need to be more skeptical of characters like Ryu, Dante, Doom Guy, Crash, Sora, and Reimu. The odds are they were just bad leads like in every Smash game and chances are most of them won't be who we see in FP2 either.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Sakurai: "Sorry that we couldn't put Rex or Pyra in the game because Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was too new."

Also Sakurai: "I know that Fire Emblem Three Houses just came out but.....here's Byleth!"

The irony and bias here is downright palpable.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "Sorry that we couldn't put Rex or Pyra in the game because Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was too new."

Also Sakurai: "I know that Fire Emblem Three Houses just came out but.....here's Byleth!"

It's even worse when you consider the fact that the Fighter Pass was decided ~9 months before 3 Houses came out and by the time it actually released, Joker was out, Hero was like a week away, and Banjo had already been announced
Meanwhile, XC2 was released a whole year before Smash Ultimate came out and they still couldn't do it.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
All that presentation did was embolden my beliefs about Spirits and leakers.

>Three Houses was the only major game within the past year not to get a Spirit event. That obviously wasn’t a coincidence.
>Vergeben and Sabi were proven completely on the money with their deconfirmations, bonus points to Sabi calling the character being from Vergebens first major kill list.

I was confident enough to bet my account before today, and now my beliefs in those things have been strengthened even more.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I think Byleth was easier to do because Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was in development sometime before Ultimate was announced, and Three Houses was released much later than Xenoblad Chronicles 2, being in development during Ultimate's development and after.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Didn't sakurai apologize to rex fans for not adding him in because he was too new, yet he adds a fire emblem character from a game that wasn't even out at the time of the dlc decision?

The absolute STATE of Rex fans rn.
I honestly feel sorry for them. I don’t blame them in being disappointed.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213

Not to defend his bias but he mentions in the video how he played the game prior to its release. This is probably where he and Nintendo began thinking about adding Byleth.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I doubt it; Erdrick was leaked way more then Hayabusa. Yet they didn't delay him; and FP 2 will go all the way till the end of next year so I doubt FP 3 is planned for now.

Byleth was always going to be FP 5.
While I do agree with that but did those sources also find banjo/terry and byleth?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here's couple of more MisterMike MisterMike

Gruntilda: King Cole the merry old soul? Well, I don't think he has no soul!

Gruntilda: Watch as Geno flies up to the top, as he ascends the expectations of the speculaters! Watch as he completely dominants the meta and makes the commentators go at awe!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I remember when they talked about adding the Rex Costume as a bonus last time, I every audibly said "Don't do it", thankfully, it was just a Link costume but my heart skipped a beat

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Check this out

Well this makes more easier to swallow the FE pill, since i believed that if FE was going to get a character, it going to be after the fighter pass

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Check this out

Is there any reason we should be listening to this dude more than anyone else though?

Droodle

Smash Lord
While I do agree with that but did those sources also find banjo/terry and byleth?
Not really but why would they need to? The "leak" you posted just claims that a Nintendo character will be shown tomorrow and that Ryu and Byleth got swapped around.

And Smash always starts hype and ends with a murmur; Ryu would be exciting, but I wouldn't really say he's that requested.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So what was that about Dragonborn, cause he looks a lot different from what I remember.
ok boomer

Stop listen to Fatman guys. Without Fatmans theories you would not be that salty now. Just dont believe anyone on the internet.

If Corrin is playable in Smash, Byleth deserves it 1000x more. Three Houses is an amazing strategic RPG game!

Again dont be salty and toxic. I know this is the Geno thread, but stay optimistic. There is still no Geno Mii costume! You have still a chance! Dont forget this.
>S-Stop speculating! You're only setting yourselves up for failure! Why do you believe everything some random guy online thinks?!
Every single time.

It is contradictory to his statement about people setting their expectations high, considering he was to some extent contributing to it. I believe that was the intention behind that statement.
It's not Todd's fault if you believe his sweet little lies, it's on you for not being able to manage your own expectations.

I will put the Sans mask on top of the Cuphead outfit and call him Sanshead.
Don't you dare. Don't you ****ing dare. Don't you goddamn mother****ing dare.

Cacomallow is probably not real at all. I don't think they would sit on not releasing finish Mii fighter costumes for months on end and Nintendo didn't once DMCA take a single video that had that footage, which is something they would of done in a heartbeat just look what was going on at the same time with Pokemon and its leak getting taken down from Youtube.
Two things:
1 - Content is made well in advance, this includes Mii Costumes. It's likely that these costumes were negotiated for and completed earlier than they'd be needed. I mean, they are hats after all. I can't imagine it'd be any harder than making an entire character from scratch.
2 - Them not taking it down doesn't necessarily mean it's fake. After all, the numerous videos about the Ken Leak never got struck down despite it being spread around everywhere. Them taking it down at that point would tell people that they were legit, bringing more attention to them which is ideally what they'd want to avoid. By doing nothing, they allow people to forget about and disregard it, preserving the suprise... assuming it's actually real, of course. Going back to the Ken Leak, this same thing happened there as well: Dropped in September, disregarded as most likely fake and forgotten, proven real months later.

I know you meant the main character of Celeste (Madeline), but now I'm picturing them adding a Mii costume for the mountain that the game is named after.
Naw naw, it's the mountain, but there's a little Madeline doll on the top part.

So uh... It’s been awhile lol. Kinda disappointed but the Cuphead mii is neat, and six more will hopefully be good.

So how’s Geno looking right now? Im a bit worried but doesnt look like his chances were hurt.

Don’t worry guys I’m good. I just needed a break for awhile
BOOMER BANJO MAN IS ALIVE!
GenoHappyHop.png

Check this out

As the kids say, big if true. Is there any more to this?

MisterMike MisterMike you what a Gruntilda rhyme? I'll give you one!

Gruntilda: Will it be next month, or will it be never! Or will it be another year until the stupid star doll knocks on the door?!
Here's couple of more MisterMike MisterMike

Gruntilda: King Cole the merry old soul? Well, I don't think he has no soul!

Gruntilda: Watch as Geno flies up to the top, as he ascends the expectations of the speculaters! Watch as he completely dominants the meta and makes the commentators go at awe!
I hate you so much right now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Is there any reason we should be listening to this dude more than anyone else though?
I kind of doubt this since Ryu would have Ben spotted by the leakers (some people claimed h8m though)

But not that it matters leaks or not I think Ryu has a good shot for FP2

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
First of all, her name is Madeline. Second of all, I desperately want that premium Mii costume to happen. Celeste replaced Crash Bandicoot Warped as my favorite game of all time and I want to see it represented in Smash.
If Maddeline got in I would be hyped for her as a mii costume. What would it be though, Mii Brawler I guess?

Check this out

Interesting. So we may be getting even more DLC past FP2, if this is legit. Where was this from.

But man... what if Geno or shantae aren't till FP3, and that may not even start till 2022... rip.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Yes because people want an explanation for why FE is fighter 5. Other than that no and we should actually be quite wary of the claim since it uses such a heavily speculated name which didn't come to pass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom