• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Will Geno make the jump? will Genobros finally archieve victory? discover it and more in the next episode of The Geno Thread!
PicsArt_01-10-10.36.57.jpg

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
It's exciting to imagine that this next direct could be where Geno gets revealed. I'm keeping my expectations in check, obviously, but as long as they don't show Geno's Mii costume or confirm #6 is the end of the DLC we're still very much in the running.

Let's keep going strong, Genobros. It's not over until they say it's over.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I just wanna take a moment to shoutout Franco Geno Franco Geno for unlocking my hidden potential
C126EECC-FCB9-43EB-B810-66ED649BA196.jpeg

7E19961F-0B5C-4DCF-974C-B46256147F5D.jpeg

And I would like to formally present my application to the meme crew

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder how many old faces would pop into the thread if Geno got in. And I am not talking about just users who have previously appeared in this thread, but also people who are from Brawl and/or Smash 4 speculation.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized that, among all the normal things one would look forward to woth a Geno reveal, I am strangely hyped to the TV Tropes edits that would come with the topic.

That site has way too much influence on me.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
..I'd just like to reiterate that I don't like being here. For every good thing that 'makes my day', I have to scroll past three or four things that piss me off.

I said a little while back that once Geno's in, I might just leave, and I'm seriously considering it again.
Huh...

I'm not sure what provoked this but it's almost as if the only thing uniting most of us in this thread is our love of Geno and that outside of this, we are very different people with different outlooks on life and that we don't agree on everything. Since there seems to be a number of people with lower-than-average sensibilities and with the ever increasing stricter rules regarding what can regularly be discussed or not, this will inevitably lead to more people being upset and it's clearly the route the staff around Smashboards takes which is why they want to police conversation to just about the character in question regardless of how exhausted topics surrounding them have gotten.

This is why I encourage anyone and everyone who wishes to do so to join the Star Road Discord, as you don't have to worry about sensibilities or neck-breathing staff. You can pretty much talk about whatever you want and it's very lax AND we even occasionally play games together so it's overall just a good time. We've got our weirdos but, I mean, so does this thread and honestly what group doesn't?

Anyway, I promised you Griselda that I would find my dream where I dream of Geno being super edgy and having a sword arm, so here that is for what it's worth. I would scroll down to near the end as it is very wordy, and for those of you who didn't know, this is my dream in which I dreamed of Terry getting into Smash in December of 2018 (though not in the form he actually made it into Smash) as well as a random Mario character that may or may not exist and Geno but being changed to be super edgy. Enjoyed at your our choosing.

Alright, this is rather wordy so brace yourselves...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a really weird side-topic, but it's related to Geno: I had another dream, which happened two nights ago.

I was watching a Nintendo Direct and they had already talked about a bunch of cool stuff that I was excited for, and then Reggie came on and talked for a bit before playing a trailer...[insert new simple Smash trailer intro]

So they show off the new character and I don't recognize him, some beefy blonde guy with long hair. In my dream I legitimately space out because both my mom was asking me something and I was a bit disillusioned with Nintendo, but I remember him destroying Ken with a FS at the end and his music was cool.

It comes back to Reggie and I was still a bit spacey and then I heard Reggie say 'From Garou: Mark of the Wolves' and I flipped my **** in a conflicted manner: on one hand, taking a character from an obscure fighting game is kinda dope, but on the other we have so many characters that are more requested than that and it made me upset. Reggie talked for a bit more, then he acted surprised, and suddenly he was whisked away as if by magic. It then cuts to a scene of a kid's room with toys and plushies everywhere, and the magic that took Reggie finds it's way to a Reggie plushie and he comes alive and starts talking as if Reggie has now possessed a Reggie plushie.

This is a good time to quickly explain how my dreams work: I occasionally have vivid dreams that I remember almost perfectly clear even years down the line. When this happens, I usually not only have myself as part of my dream, but I also have myself watching my dream sequence as if it was a movie and making critiques about certain things (IE I had a dream where my uncles visited me and a female friend at a cabin, and when I saw them I was terrified even though nothing seemed out of the ordinary at that point. The version of myself watching the dream pointed out that it made no sense to be afraid of them as I love all my family and especially these uncles.). I know it makes no sense at all, but I have to bring this up for clarity sake.

So in my dream, I was like 'If this isn't a goddamn Geno reveal for either Smash or a new SMRPG game, I swear to god Nintendo, I quit. I'm f***ing done!' The me that watches the dream within my dream was like 'Damn straight! Let's go GenoBros!'

So Reggie talks to some others toys that are surely references somehow and then he gets blindsided and knocked over. When he gets up and looks at who did it, it's some random Mario character that once again I didn't catch the name of despite it being a Smash reveal. I remember his design was similar to Lakitu or Boom Boom in that he was bald but he also had this machine like the Clown Car and I was livid because it seemed like another Isabelle situation (plays very similar, but not and echo because size reasons) except this one seemed to have even less of an excuse. The weird thing was that his art style was like that of Mario & Luigi, and he had this weird mechanic that when he hit a fighter with a certain move he would take what looked like a glob of paint from them and he could augment another attack based off the color he got. This glob was different based on the that most present color of the fighter he took it from, but only from their original design, not palette swaps. He also threw these globs of color into a clear tube atop his machine as part of the animation but it was safe because they crumpled like with Ridley's Down-B. The fighter then had weakened damage and knockback for a time, like he had removed part of their essence or something.

It was weird and all I remember of this character reveal, but not as weird as what happened next. So the character goes over to Plushie Reggie and pulls out a piece of his essence and it looks like Reggie might die or something and then the new character get wrecked and flies off into a a tower of building blocks and then you see Reggie's essence float down and hover above a hand...A WOODEN HAND! Then you hear the sound of wood clinking as the essence is given back to Reggie, and when he accepts it back the wooden hand helps pull him up. The camera then swivels to reveal Reggie's hero and...IT'S MUTHAFOOKIN GENO BABY! As you can assume, both versions of myself in this dream lost their collective s*** but it was tainted a bit: Geno seemed a bit off from what we knew. His expressions were less of the enthusiastic but down-to-earth hero we knew and more fulled with some sort of conflict. His outfit was still mostly blue but it had black portions at the bottom of the cape and around the collar pieces and he was missing his right hand.

The me in the dream was just so excited that he didn't care, but the me watching the dream was like 'Aww no, the edge-i-fied him! Why, Nintendo, WHY?!' The other Mario character emerged from the rubble and glared angrily at Geno, and then from Geno's missing hand he formed A GIANT PURPLE AND BLUE SWORD and charged into battle. We then get a highlight reel of his moveset and it's mostly melee attacks with only a couple of cool moves that feel like the Geno we know like finger shots and shooting off his fist. Also at one point his model is pixelated like he's part of Rivals of AEther or something, but it wasn't permanent so I can't tell you what that was about. Then at the end he has his final Smash and it's pretty badass: it's fully cinematic after he charges and grabs then and takes them both to Star Hill via some sort of teleportation. He then does a barrage of attacks that have slashes from the sword in between, but then he does a flip over them and lights them up with finger bullets from the one hand and does a samurai-esq slash back through them. As they are stunned he turns around and fires his fist off and it hits them in the face and sends them reeling. He then slashes them again and kicks them towards the fist, which opens and grabs then by the shoulder and returns them to Geno and as the fist locks in place you can see that Geno pierces the, with his sword. He then lifts them up while still pierced by the sword and flicks them off a la Super Vegito style and then he absorbs energy from the wish stars on Star Hill and fires off a Geno Beam on the level of a Samus Zero Laser then just as that beam ends it looks like he fires off another smaller beam but it's actually the sword, which pierces them through and then it cuts to the game and they die off hitting the blast zone.

He then does a pose, but it's not his arm-crossed nod but one with his back facing the camera and him looking up towards the sky with both his regular arm and sword arm by his sides.

Then it came back to regular Reggie talking about how all these characters are in development and would be coming soon, but he took a piece of fuzz off his face and was like 'Huh, how did that get there?'

Then I woke up so confused because I thought I legit just watched that happen and I had woke up with little sleep having been gained, so it was hard for me to realize that I had dreamt it all up for a few minutes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun facts about this dream:

1. I have never played Garou: Mark of the Wolves in any form ever. I've heard of it, but I have never played it nor looked it up ever until after my dream. The character I dreamt of turns out to be real: it's Terry Bogard, but it's his design from one of the G: MotW games in which they call him Wild Wolf. Long blonde hair and beefy. Now I have seen this design of Terry before in NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, a game my old roommate and I played a ton when the only working system we had was my PS2. However, I didn't know it came from G: MotW or that Terry was in that game and I didn't recognize him in my dream. How in the hell does that happen?

2. I have no idea where this Mario RPG series character came from, as I have never played a game or watched much of anyone play anything outside SMRPG and a very small amount of TTYD that I watched from GameGrumps. He's probably not even real, but if you guys know of or find anything that is similar to this let me know so I can freak out even more that I dreamt this up.

3. Geno having a purple-blue laser sword could possibly be attributed to me playing through Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep before I fell out. I'm currently beating Aqua's story and I got her Bladecharge which, when triggered, makes a giant purple-ish light blade extend from her keyblade. I assume Geno being 'edge-i-fied' would attribute to me fear that if we do get him that he SOMEHOW won't be properly referenced to even though it's mf Sakurai and Crew working on this so he would, although he did look kinda badass. Also the FS cinematic has no reference I can think of other than Super Vegito, the rest is just my imagination going to town.

4. I'm never eating Crockpot Lasagna with Kraft Paw Patrol Mac N Cheese right before bed EVER again, even if that dream was wild.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
You know, I wonder how many old faces would pop into the thread if Geno got in. And I am not talking about just users who have previously appeared in this thread, but also people who are from Brawl and/or Smash 4 speculation.
Plenty, I'm sure.

I just realized that, among all the normal things one would look forward to woth a Geno reveal, I am strangely hyped to the TV Tropes edits that would come with the topic.

That site has way too much influence on me.
You too? Heh, nice to not be alone on this.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Huh...

I'm not sure what provoked this but it's almost as if the only thing uniting most of us in this thread is our love of Geno and that outside of this, we are very different people with different outlooks on life and that we don't agree on everything. Since there seems to be a number of people with lower-than-average sensibilities and with the ever increasing stricter rules regarding what can regularly be discussed or not, this will inevitably lead to more people being upset and it's clearly the route the staff around Smashboards takes which is why they want to police conversation to just about the character in question regardless of how exhausted topics surrounding them have gotten.

This is why I encourage anyone and everyone who wishes to do so to join the Star Road Discord, as you don't have to worry about sensibilities or neck-breathing staff. You can pretty much talk about whatever you want and it's very lax AND we even occasionally play games together so it's overall just a good time. We've got our weirdos but, I mean, so does this thread and honestly what group doesn't?

Anyway, I promised you Griselda that I would find my dream where I dream of Geno being super edgy and having a sword arm, so here that is for what it's worth. I would scroll down to near the end as it is very wordy, and for those of you who didn't know, this is my dream in which I dreamed of Terry getting into Smash in December of 2018 (though not in the form he actually made it into Smash) as well as a random Mario character that may or may not exist and Geno but being changed to be super edgy. Enjoyed at your our choosing.
... so what I’m gathering is that if you eat very processed food right before bed you turn into a Smash prophet.

Gents I have a dietary idea for our friend Forsaken here...
C93DAB45-9910-4A45-BD7E-10709655B3FE.jpeg

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Why do you stink up this topic so often?
If by "stink up this topic" you mean "make some relatively innocent jokes that I found funny", well... because I wanted to make a relatively innocent joke that I found funny, and I thought others would find that joke funny. If you don't mean that, then I'll have to ask you to provide more examples of me doing this, because I'm sure most everyone in this thread will agree that I actually do a good job of posting relevant, on-topic discussion that isn't funny haha jokes and memes.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
tbh It'll be a bit bittersweet for me if Geno is revealed next week. I've been stalking observing this thread for over a month now but I've only really been here for about 4 days now. I'm prolly not gonna be using Smashboards afterwards so I'll miss all of you guys.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
tbh It'll be a bit bittersweet for me if Geno is revealed next week. I've been stalking observing this thread for over a month now but I've only really been here for about 4 days now. I'm prolly not gonna be using Smashboards afterwards so I'll miss all of you guys.
It's going to be bittersweet for many for a variety of reasons, but that is just how things go. I imagine more than a few people will still be around for the social thread though. I know I am going to be running that victory lap.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
>He thinks he's going to be here for only a few days
HereForever.png

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
If Geno does get revealed I'll be sticking around here when it gets moved to his own character board.

Then it's on to whoever my next character is.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
It's going to be bittersweet for many for a variety of reasons, but that is just how things go. I imagine more than a few people will still be around for the social thread though. I know I am going to be running that victory lap.
I know what I'll do if it happens, I'll give everyone a congratulations and then I'll go back to the abyss as always, silently awaiting my return when the time is right.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'll continue supporting Geno for how long it takes. However, even after he gets in, I will stick around here supporting other characters. I will continue to play the speculation game until Ultimate's DLC is completely done, though I understand not everyone wants to go through that.

I like to look at it this way though, enjoy the time we have together. Think about all the variables that lead us all to go on here in the first place. While the people that you encounter in life are usually random, sometimes I think that there is a purpose for some of the people that you meet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ll have to check out TVTropes. When Geno gets revealed, I’ll probably stick around for just a tiny bit longer then I’ll probably be done with Smashboards. Doesn’t mean I haven’t been involved in an amazing legacy for Geno. It has been an amazing ride.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
>He thinks he's going to be here for only a few days
View attachment 256639
Fair enough lol, I'll definitely still be around to scream and gloat after he's revealed (hopefully soon) and I'll probably drop in to his character thread to make my final peace, but I'm really only on Smashboards for speculation and if Geno gets in then I'm basically taking a much more passive role in speculating for Ultimate.

Or it takes them months to reveal Geno and I'm still shackled here by this curse for longer

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Y'know once Geno is released I think we're due for more toys that were given sentience.
1578713394347.png

Who will join me in the Yo Gabba Gabba! character support thread?:ultpacman:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The possibility that this next Direct could be it is...kind of scary in a way. As others have said, I would be done with speculation. Definitely will pop in once every blue moon, but Geno is it for me. Every new fighter after would be the cherry on the already incredible cake. But as EarlTamm EarlTamm said, there will be victory laps all around this place.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Y'know once Geno is released I think we're due for more toys that were given sentience.
View attachment 256643

Who will join me in the Yo Gabba Gabba! character support thread?:ultpacman:
Fun fact: did you know that the creators of Homestar Runner, Matt and Mike Chapman, worked on this show?

Now that I think about it, with all the old video game references on that site, I wonder if they ever made a Super Mario RPG joke?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I think I’ll always be a part of the speculation scene as long as there’s things to speculate on. I just like theorizing and connecting dots with available information and spending too much time thinking of what could be rather than enjoying what is. Once DLC officially ends, though, I’ll probably slowly fade out until the next game like I did after SM4SH. And hopefully Geno is there in-game waiting for me when I do

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Honestly, I feel like if Geno gets in, that'll be it, this will truly be the complete Smash game. I've gotten pretty much everything I've wanted: Mewtwo's still in, Inkling was added, the single player is decent, the stages are good, Geno's in (please) along with other fan favorites like Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo. Hell, I got things I didn't even know I really wanted like Young Link coming back. While a full on story mode would've been nice, that ship sailed a good while ago. Even after another installment may come to replace it, Ultimate would always be the one I turn to for the best and most complete.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A complete SSB game has way more than Geno. Gotta have Toad, Waluigi, for starters. Then we have Isaac, Brian(who didn't see this coming), Dixie Kong(with or without Kiddy), Cranky Kong, Impa(Oracles version), Tingle, Slime, Steve, Lloyd Irving, Nightmare, Lip, Shadow, Ms. Pac-Man, Agumon, and that's off the top of my head.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
A complete SSB game has way more than Geno. Gotta have Toad, Waluigi, for starters. Then we have Isaac, Brian(who didn't see this coming), Dixie Kong(with or without Kiddy), Cranky Kong, Impa(Oracles version), Tingle, Slime, Steve, Lloyd Irving, Nightmare, Lip, Shadow, Ms. Pac-Man, Agumon, and that's off the top of my head.
Well, I suppose it's just in my personal opinion, everyone's got their own views on what "complete" can mean and for me at this point, Geno would get me close enough.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I suppose it's just in my personal opinion, everyone's got their own views on what "complete" can mean and for me at this point, Geno would get me close enough.
Nah, I get it.

I usually have low standards. Smash isn't one of those cases. Pokemon is, though.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I feel like if Geno gets in, that'll be it, this will truly be the complete Smash game. I've gotten pretty much everything I've wanted
the best and most complete.
Natrually "this is your wanted version of rister", not necessarily Nintendo's or others' idea. If your version is far different from the official version, it has even less likely to happen. Not even mention if you're expecting an extremely big roster.

I like Geno, and if he eventually makes it in the future, I'd be happy for him no matter what. But other inclusions are not necessarily relate to his chance. The current Smash 5 game has Terry, Banjo, Joker and others doesnt mean that Geno is a must have along with them in my opinion.

Not to mention Mario characters are all basically rivals to each other when it comes to just one new Mario rep, so that Geno and Waluigi cannot coexist to fight in Smash 6. One of them must lose, or lose to other new Mario reps or even no new Mario rep occurring at all.

You can never have everything have one bowl, but it could be both optimistic and realistic to expect that all my wanted characters will make it in different time.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Nasicslly "this is your wanted version of rister", not necessarily Nintendo's or others' idea. If your version is far different from the official version, it has even less likely to happen. Not even mention if you're expecting an extremely big roster.

I like Geno, and if he eventually makes it in the future, I'd be happy for him no matter what. But other inclusions are not necessarily relate to his chance. The current Smash 5 game has Terry, Banjo, Joker and others doesnt mean that Geno is a must have along with them in my opinion.

Not to mention Mario characters are all basically rivals to each other when it comes to just one new Mario rep, so that Geno and Waluigi cannot coexist to fight in Smash 6. One of them must lose, or lose to other new Mario reps or even no new Mario rep occurring at all.

You can never have everything have one bowl, but it could be both optimistic and realistic to expect that all my wanted characters will make it in different time.
Well, I feel like my own opinions of completion derive from the fact that this will be the last Smash game to have this many fighters. Once Smash 6 rolls around, they're probably going to cut a lot of fighters and it won't be as special for me personally. Geno is really the last thing left for Smash that has this kind of "must have" quality in mind. So, having him in would make the game feel complete to me personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom