• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
While Square Enix definitely didn't have control over the showcase they did have to sign off on a lot of it with negotiations. Each party had to come to an agreement with their demands, and most likely when Sakurai was telling SE about how they were going to show off the character is where they suggest to only have it be Dragon Quest characters. We seen that other companies do play a major role on how decisions are made, such how there couldn't be any graphic fatalities in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, so the same could happen here with SE. Another scenario could be that Sakurai Enix only authorize for Geno to be a Spirit rather than a Mii Costume for Ultimate. We heard that Sakurai had difficulty on getting characters back (most likely pointing towards Cloud) and ever third party costume was removed, so it's going to be hard to tell what Square Enix was allowing. Chances are they never authorized for Geno to come back and want all efforts on Dragon Quest, or maybe Sakurai had plans for Geno. There's a lot of moving parts in this and it's hard to say that each person involve have always made smart decisions.
In the case of mortal combat vs dc, I think it's a tad different because it's a big crossover between only two companies, where the whole game is make or break depending on if one of those companies wants to play ball. This naturally affords them a whole hell of a lot more power in the design process, as the entire game hinges on their participation. This is not the same with smash bros, as the only thing that hinges on square's participation is the "everyone is here" concept. What is more likely is that (assuming geno will only ever be a spirit) it wasn't pre-mandated by square, but rather sakurai would have approached them about what HE wanted for the game and negotiations were made from there. Once again, I want to point out that sakurai already stated that square was easy to work with and pretty much gave him whatever he asked for during smash 4. I realize that the music is an issue, but like as not, it's got more to do with nobou uematsu than anything else. (Though that's just my own personal guess. I don't fully understand how final fantasy's music copyrights work) as for the rumor that one of the companies was difficult to work with and was probably square. I'm pretty sure that originated from a /v/ post (the same ones you tell us to disregard outright) my memory's a bit hazy, but I was on /v/ just about every day right up from smash ultimate's announcement to it's release and I'm fairly certain I remember a post claiming to have insider knowledge stating that exact sentiment. (I don't have a screenshot however, so you'll have to take that with a big grain of salt)
Unless you've got a link to the origin of that rumor, in which case I'd love to see it, so I can incorporate it into my speculation.

Edit: another thing to note is the pacman situation, where bamco tried to mandate that sakurai had to use the new design, and sakurai told them no.
(What was the source for this one? Was it an article? Or was this one of those rumours that people just kind of accepted as fact?)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So did anyone else see that LaxChris video talking about a supposed leak that says we're getting a general Nintendo Direct on Dec 31st? It claims that we're going to see some more footage of Breath of the Wild 2 along with some other upcoming games. Then it will end with the smash reveal of KOS-MOS who will be accompanied by "the DOOM and Geno mii costumes".

I'm calling total BS. DOOM is Bethseda and Geno is SE. Why the hell would those companies have their costumes come with a BAMCO rep when they could have released Geno with Hero? Also, why on New Years? Having a Direct on that day seems really weird. Why not wait until the first solid week of January when everyone is back from vacation? This just sounds like some mouth breather's attempt to sweep Cacomallow under the rug. Not buying it.
To be fair, a Konami costume (Goemon) and Indie costume (Sans) came with a Microsoft character (Banjo).

but yeah, a New Year’s Eve Direct seems odd, and the fact KOS-MOS doesn’t come with the Heihachi/Lloyd/Gil costumes from 4 is very suspicious.

OffBi

Smash Ace
So did anyone else see that LaxChris video talking about a supposed leak that says we're getting a general Nintendo Direct on Dec 31st? It claims that we're going to see some more footage of Breath of the Wild 2 along with some other upcoming games. Then it will end with the smash reveal of KOS-MOS who will be accompanied by "the DOOM and Geno mii costumes".

I'm calling total BS. DOOM is Bethseda and Geno is SE. Why the hell would those companies have their costumes come with a BAMCO rep when they could have released Geno with Hero? Also, why on New Years? Having a Direct on that day seems really weird. Why not wait until the first solid week of January when everyone is back from vacation? This just sounds like some mouth breather's attempt to sweep Cacomallow under the rug. Not buying it.
What kind of logic is that?!
That's like saying that master chief is coming as a mii costume for frogger, with the only connection being that they're both green

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
What kind of logic is that?!
That's like saying that master chief is coming as a mii costume for frogger, with the only connection being that they're both green
Hold up!, Mallow is withe and guess who has a white costume? that's right baby it's Olimar. that must mean that we're getting Mallow as a fighter too

D

Deleted member

While Square Enix definitely didn't have control over the showcase they did have to sign off on a lot of it with negotiations. Each party had to come to an agreement with their demands, and most likely when Sakurai was telling SE about how they were going to show off the character is where they suggest to only have it be Dragon Quest characters. We seen that other companies do play a major role on how decisions are made, such how there couldn't be any graphic fatalities in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, so the same could happen here with SE. Another scenario could be that Sakurai Enix only authorize for Geno to be a Spirit rather than a Mii Costume for Ultimate. We heard that Sakurai had difficulty on getting characters back (most likely pointing towards Cloud) and ever third party costume was removed, so it's going to be hard to tell what Square Enix was allowing. Chances are they never authorized for Geno to come back and want all efforts on Dragon Quest, or maybe Sakurai had plans for Geno. There's a lot of moving parts in this and it's hard to say that each person involve have always made smart decisions.
I really do not see why Square would make Sakurai to only keep Geno as a spirit and not the costume. Allowing the Mii costume is basically more money for them. The costume probably sold well back in Smash 4.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Another thing to add to the idea that square only wanted to showcase Dragon quest costumes and didn't want geno to muck things up. It doesn't make sense to me that square would think the inclusion of geno's costume is going to affect very many people who are on the fence about Dragon quest. It's not like a significant portion of people will say "oop, geno's costume is there. What's a Dragon quest?" (Though I'm aware that a non zero amount Will do just that)
In the same vein, square knows that geno has fans, and his disinclusion isn't going to make any of us forget we have object permanence and not take notice.

D

Deleted member

Another thing to add to the idea that square only wanted to showcase Dragon quest costumes and didn't want geno to muck things up. It doesn't make sense to me that square would think the inclusion of geno's costume is going to affect very many people who are on the fence about Dragon quest. It's not like a significant portion of people will say "oop, geno's costume is there. What's a Dragon quest?" (Though I'm aware that a non zero amount Will do just that)
In the same vein, square knows that geno has fans, and his disinclusion isn't going to make any of us forget we have object permanence and not take notice.
I mean, it’s not like a costume is going to overshadow a product you’re trying to promote.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I really do not see why Square would make Sakurai to only keep Geno as a spirit and not the costume. Allowing the Mii costume is basically more money for them. The costume probably sold well back in Smash 4.
I tinks it's more because no 3rd party Mii costumes came back in the base game, I think. While Geno is a Mario character, he's likely not immune to that rule.

D

Deleted member

>Watching LaxChris

Anyway, if it's a recent video, didn't Fatman or someone distribute a spreadsheet of Direct dates, in which Indie Directs line up suspiciously with actual Directs x amount of days later? It predicted a Direct on the 31st, so I'd suspect a "leak" to just be piggybacking on that. And why does it seem like every KOS-MOS "leak" is in direct opposition to Geno? Like, they don't exist without saying "also Geno is a costume". Probably just comes with the territory of being a /v/ waifu pick, but it's kind of weird, either way.

People love to call back to Banjo and say "hey look Banjo came with a Konami and indie costume so anything can happen!!1!", but I think it's super obvious that they had no plans to negotiate further rights for costumes from Microsoft, and Banjo doesn't really have a theme, so they went with a mixed bag of costumes, but what we can infer from that is that Konami has no representatives in the Fighters Pass, and as much as people like to doom and gloom about an 8th Gen Pokemon, Pokemon doesn't either. The costumes that were revealed with Banjo were specifically made to be revealed with him, or chosen to be brought back specifically with him, and I think that's as far as it needs to be drawn out. To be honest, Banjo is a big reason I don't think "power of 6" has much of a leg to stand on. Not only is it kind of unlikely that every character is limited to coming with 6 costumes max, but it's unlikely that literally every pass had a costume that was contingent on another wave of DLC to become a fighter, that's really not even how planning works. I don't think there was some last minute decision to pull costumes, and if Geno's in as another wave of DLC, it was planned long before there was any chance they would have to say to Square "hey I know we were about to get you sales at $0.50 a pop for a character neither of us cares about, but change of plans..."

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
After getting in yet another argument with someone on Discord this morning, I want to make something abundantly clear. I have been in this community for 15 years, am a 32 year old grown ass man, and am pretty flippant about my IRL identity to the point that I share pictures from my Facebook account; why the horse drawn **** would I lie about this stuff? I'm reporting rumors to have something to talk about. It's genuinely interesting. If I was lying, I'm so open about myself that just about any old schmo could find me IRL and kick my ass. I've been so open that I've shared MY WEDDING PHOTOS. Do people not get the implications of that? I've shared pictures of MY WIFE and supposedly I'm playing a long con over video game rumors? Grow up...

I share these things on Smashboards and Discord and that's literally it. I have no Twitter. I have a YouTube channel that I predominantly use for a Halloween music playlist. You could easily find me on LinkedIn. I have never asked for money. I have a Master's Degree and supposedly I'm this enormous dumbass that puts himself and his loved ones in danger if these were actual leaks or lies I personally made for ****s and giggles. Again, video game rumors... Holy hell...

This will be the last time I make a post about this because the rumor dump yesterday was, just that, a dump. It's every single major rumor that I've heard from contacts since the summer. It's all on the table now. The NoA source said he would stop sharing rumors and insider info after the VGAs so I'm definitely respecting those wishes and I'm only sharing stuff if people come to me with it and it's noteworthy enough and permissable to share. That's that. I'm honestly burned out on total strangers calling me a liar and a con man over something that was supposed to be fun and to pass the time with. Also, no; I'm not going anywhere. People have told me leave or kill myself but **** that noise. I've been here longer than some of you have been alive and I'm going to be here until Geno gets into Smash or Smashboards totally closes down.

Still, if anyone still has a beef with me or wants me to clarify literally anything, hit me up on Discord. My door's open. I was able to reach an understanding with Burb in like 5 minutes and the dude's original post launched like a week's worth of hate mail against me. Despite the way people have acted towards me in the past month, I'm surprisingly understanding and willing to forgive if you meet me at the table. To quote the NoA ambassador last year, "this isn't fun; why would anyone think this is fun" and now I totally get it. **** this insider stuff if it flat out means the death of civility.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I think the problem is people don't know the difference between talking about rumors and people trying to make fake leaks

Sunwer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TailsMacSunwer
3DS FC
2766-8450-0603
Switch FC
SW-5278-0895-8684
The truth about the starling:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1921#post-23706100

The whole thing was super frustrating. I wanted to tell people that even the NoA ambassador didn't know what it meant in the end but the rest of the group basically said it was too much of a black eye to admit that and, yes, there was very heated arguments about it because of all the drama that happened over it.
Wow...
I never imagined all the problem that caused that image

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Also, no; I'm not going anywhere. People have told me leave or kill myself but **** that noise. I've been here longer than some of you have been alive and I'm going to be here until Geno gets into Smash or Smashboards totally closes down
That's the spirit Fatman!, we're staying in this boat until we reach our destination or it straight up sinks down

Firox

Smash Master
To quote the NoA ambassador last year, "this isn't fun; why would anyone think this is fun" and now I totally get it. **** this insider stuff if it flat out means the death of civility.
Unfortunately, the death of civility isn't confined to just insider news on the internet. Humanity in general has forgotten how to converse or disagree without oozing arrogance, condescension, or outright venom. I personally feel the reason for that is the development of our "Shut the **** up if you contradict a single one of my thoughts or feelings" attitude. More than ever, people lack empathy for others and refuse to accept the possibility that their thoughts or ideas could be inferior or flat out incorrect.

NEWS FLASH: None of us are perfect! None of us is all-knowing! There is an extremely high probability that we'll get stuff wrong from time to time, especially when offering opinions and speculation. Does that mean that the penalty has to be death? "You said there would be a reveal with the VGA's! We didn't get a reveal! BURN IN HELL, YOU CHARLATAN!" Uh, no. Let's not. Let's be thoughtful human beings, collect the facts and make respectful counterpoints when we think others are mistaken. In turn, we should always try to imagine the point of view of others. Why do they feel this way? What would make them think that? Why is that so important to them?

One of my favorite quotes by Galileo: "You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it within himself."

You want people to understand you? Agree with you? Show them your line of thinking. Show your path of logic. No one has ever been convinced they were wrong by simply being told they're an idiot. It's a pity that humanity at large refuses to learn this lesson. That said, you have the right attitude. Keep doing you, no matter what the cancerous individuals of the world may say. Even the most compassionate and truthful among us are hated. SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will hate your ever loving guts no matter what you believe, but that's THEIR problem. Do what you think is right and let the haters choke on their own bile. That's their choice to make.

D

Deleted member

"I just wanted Geno to be a playable character in Super Smash Bros."
“Lol imagine wanting a one-off side character in from an old spinoff! Geno doesn’t deserve to be in Smash!” You’re delusional to think Geno has a chance!” “Also, he’s a spirit so give up!” - Naysayers and haters

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master
"I just wanted Geno to be a playable character in Super Smash Bros."
"It's the story of a man...a Fatman...and how his search for truth brought the whole world crashing down. How the love for a playable possessed video game puppet brought a people together...

This summer.....join Paul Rudd.....Jessica Alba....and Danny Devito, for the cinematic event of the year....

FINDING GENO"

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
"It's the story of a man...a Fatman...and how his search for truth brought the whole world crashing down. How the love for a playable possessed video game puppet brought a people together...

This summer.....join Paul Rudd.....Jessica Alba....and Danny Devito, for the cinematic event of the year....

FINDING GENO"
Jessica Alba is playing Fatman in this though, right?

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
This is what Smash is nowadays, ****flinging, arguing and hostility. Brawl for me ruined video game hype overall and Smash Four's waiting period was a bloodbath with Ultimate trying to pick every last morsel of meat and carrion off the remains. Never mind these insiders and their so-called sources making it worse.

It's okay to like a character, why others feel the need to bring out the spears and knives out for that is baffling. ****ing hell, it's annoying. All the Geno fans here who feel down, I was there with K. Rool and still am there with Dixie as an example. It's okay to want a character you like. It's okay to want a Nintendo character in spite of the 3rd party circlejerk, but that is another can of worms that I'll leave sealed. Just keep liking Geno and support him, even if he doesn't make it in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is what Smash is nowadays, ****flinging, arguing and hostility. Brawl for me ruined video game hype overall and Smash Four's waiting period was a bloodbath with Ultimate trying to pick every last morsel of meat and carrion off the remains. Never mind these insiders and their so-called sources making it worse.

It's okay to like a character, why others feel the need to bring out the spears and knives out for that is baffling. ****ing hell, it's annoying. All the Geno fans here who feel down, I was there with K. Rool and still am there with Dixie as an example. It's okay to want a character you like. It's okay to want a Nintendo character in spite of the 3rd party circlejerk, but that is another can of worms that I'll leave sealed. Just keep liking Geno and support him, even if he doesn't make it in.
Yeah, I’ve been thinking about retiring from Smash speculation after Geno gets revealed. The Smash community is very toxic that people insult one another over wanting a video game character. All these pointless and heated debates about “Your character is a waste of slot! Lol” When people doesn’t want a character, can they be at least respectful about? Reddit, ResetERA, GameFAQS, Twitter, 4chan, Discord, YouTube, and even here at SmashBoards you see people trashing each other over fictional characters being included in a fighting game. It’s very sad. Not to mention, people make up fanmade rules and there are sheep that follow these “rules” and call people delusional over it. And yet insider drama.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Now I know what you're all thinking: "But Dyna, if you think them holding off on geno's costume means he's getting upgraded, surely that also means you think Chocobo is likely to be upgraded as well"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA INCORRECT! There's absolutely no way in hell that the bird is getting a playable incarnation before any of the absolute wealth of protagonists and antagonists in the Final Fantasy series. There's no way it's getting in before even sephiroth. You can quote me on this, and if I'm wrong, I'll eat crow and apologize.
YO, WHY DO YOU GUYS GOTTA DO MY BOY CHOCOBO SO DIRTY?! :ultpacman:

Or maybe Sakurai and Square Enix only wanted Dragon Quest content attach to Hero's release.
See, I still have a lot of trouble buying this explaination. You're telling me that after the near constant advertising for the game, going so far as to have their characters immortalized in one of gaming's greatest crossovers and leading many new people to try Dragon Quest for the first time, SquareEnix was so worried about avoiding negative press for 'Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition' that they straight up told Nintendo to not include a couple of Mii Costumes?

"Oh, you want us to try your game out? Well maybe you shoulDN'T HAVE DISCONFIRMED GENO AGAIN YOU F--" Does anybody actually think like that? And if it's really the case that the inclusion of Mii Costumes are a net deficit with regards to the financial earnings of their products, then why don't they just completely remove Mii Costumes altogether and never add any new ones? I'm not entirely ruling this out as a thing SquareEnix would do, since they've done equally bizarre things in the past, but this sounds so ridiculously petty that I honestly struggle to believe they'd go that far.

Look back at all three showcases (and somewhat Joker's trailer)
You had Banjo's moves shown off with Mario and a test battle between Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, then ended with a bunch of random Mii Costume
Terry's moves were shown off with Ryu and went over all of Classic Mode that had many different characters, then ended with Mii Costume that weren't all from Fatal Fury (Samurai Shodown, Art of Fighting, King of Fighters, and Virtua Fighter)
Technically true, but all of those series sans Virtua Fighter are part of the same shared universe, namely the King of Fighters universe, so they'd be considered part of the same series as Terry. It's sort of like how Final Fight, Darkstalkers and Rival Schools are all technically separate franchises, but they're still all part of the Street Fighter universe, with characters like Poison and Morrigan commonly making appearances in the Street Fighter games.
Joker's video ended with Mii Costumes from Persona and Sonic.
Hero tested his moves out against Hero and a test match against Hero, then ended with Mii Costume from the Dragon Quest series.

Looking at this pattern (which is kind of important since these were made very close together) it seems like Hero should've tested his moves out against Cloud, since bother are main JRPG series from Square Enix. Sakurai even mention it was a little hard to test out Hero's moves against Hero because of the shield, so for convinces Cloud would've been a good character to use, especially for the crossover theme.
Or maybe Sakurai just wanted to show off the different versions of the Hero character because it's kind of a big deal to have these characters together, since before then SquareEnix had effectively made it a rule that nobody could use the Dragon Quest protagonists for anything, which is something he more or less point blank mentions in that very same presentation. To quote the man himself:
"Here's the line-up of all four heroes. I think, to some, this scene alone might seem pretty astonishing."

It's not unlikely that Square Enix asked for Hero's showcase to only feature the Dragon Quest series as much as possible. We have seen that Square Enix is really strict with a lot of their IPs, with no original artwork to be used for Cloud's Spirit and how limited the music is from both Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest in Smash Bros. Hero was put in definitely with the idea of promoting Dragon Quest XI S and the series as a whole in the west (which is why it was shown at E3 and why they kept mention Smash Bros anytime they brought up DQXIS) so it make sense that they would only want Hero and Dragon Quest be the sole focus in his showcase video.
I wouldn't entirely rule this scenario out, but then I get to wondering when they actually plan to release these costumes, because if they were intended to release then alongside Hero but SquareEnix said "Nah.", then that would mean they'd already have them ready to deployment. So why have they not released them? You'd think Banjo would've been the perfect time since he came with a bunch of random costumes anyways, but he didn't. Now of course it's likely that costumes are made in bulk, and they don't just make them alongside the characters, but it still gets me wondering.

I dunno, when/who do you think they'll release the Geno Costume and Chocobo Hat? And as a hypothetical, if the rumors are true and we're to also get a Mallow Hat and a Smithy Costume, what then?

FINDING GENO"
This is all your fault.
FindingGeno.png

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
“Lol imagine wanting a one-off side character in from an old spinoff! Geno doesn’t deserve to be in Smash!” You’re delusional to think Geno has a chance!” “Also, he’s a spirit so give up!” - Naysayers and haters
Oh hey GameFaqs visitor #376

It's really just zoomers and millennials who have no respect for anything but whatever brand of tribalism they have conditioned themselves to associating with. Mainly mainstream nonsense.

-A Self Hating Millennial

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
It’s pretty telling to me that the people who go after Fatmanonice Fatmanonice are primarily people who don’t even know who he is and just believe what they hear in a ****flinging discord or comment section full of people with nothing better to do other than look for targets because they are angry people or bored.

The community is entirely too concerned with finding some omnipotent leaker god at all times who they want to hold accountable for every word they speak. I’m certainly seeing why actually leaking confirmed information is hell. You can’t even discuss rumors without being a target.

That being said, I’m thankful for the rumors because they really perk up discussion during slow time periods. It’s incredible to at least have stuff to discuss even during official information drop lulls.

In somewhat other news, I’m still team real for Cacomallow. It looks real, it smells real, it feels real, and it seems to logically line up with the avalanche of insinuations/evidence we’ve gotten in the past several months. As always though I’m so used to being BTFO so nothing could really surprise me but I feel good.

Seems like we are 2 weeks away from a direct at minimum. I’m hoping we get an actual dedicated Smash direct before the annual January General direct but I’m not holding my
Breath. I can’t remember a time we had to wait this long for information and now it makes sense why they reassured us additional fighters were coming back in September

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I feel like DK, Wario and Yoshi set a precedent for Mario sub-series being their own universe in Smash, so Geno and SMRPG following that trend wouldn't be too farfetched in my opinion.

... buuuuut his and Mallow's Spirits still appear as part of the Mario series and their icon is a Mushroom, same with all Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi content in the game, so maybe never mind. There goes my plans of correcting people who complain that we have too many Mario reps by saying "akshuely, Geno technically isn't one lol"...
The trend that those characters follow are a little different. Anything is possible, but Each of those characters have actually received their own games. Which is probably why as a sub series have their own icon.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Okay, 2 thing.
  1. I can see Geno pulling off that look very well. Imagine Geno, but he has the cloak of Battle Network Bass.
  2. Hypothetical: We get Geno back in a new Mario game, but he pulls a SFV Seth.
1. Geno gets in Smash but instead of an alternate costume we get this, Bass Cloak Geno. (can anyone here drawn that? that would be great)

2. Interesting, instead of turning into a cannon he can change into a female version of himself just like Seth

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
"Hey guys, let's speculate and put our expectations up really high with this stuff that sure to happen!"
"Um we have an instance where that didn't happen"
"How dare you bring that up"

Nobody here can handle the smallest negative scenario that conflicts with their expectations.
Wrong place, wrong time. Nobody asked for you to rain on their parade. This is a positive support group, not a negative speculation ****show. Hit up GameFAQs if you're trying to ruin someone's day. These people are entitled to come up with their conclusions, they're a lot less insane than others and you don't have any position to be some kind of devil's advocate trashbag. You must be a really warm and welcome guy off the internet, too.

I'm excited at the possibility of the character. If I wanted to trash those who felt the way I do, I would find another outlet.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
1. Geno gets in Smash but instead of an alternate costume we get this, Bass Cloak Geno. (can anyone here drawn that? that would be great)

2. Interesting, instead of turning into a cannon he can change into a female version of himself just like Seth
If I was good at drawing, I would try.

Don't know why it would happen like that. In the case of Seth, I think it's because he is now using a doll body and has a certain view on Juri due to her canonically beating him. Geno would probably only ever have a female looking body if it was the strongest body he could get. I mean, he did originally select the Geno doll because it was the strongest amongst the Mario, Bowser, and Peach dolls, not for some other preference.

Can you imagine if he did select one of the other dolls though? That would be awkward down the line.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, the death of civility isn't confined to just insider news on the internet. Humanity in general has forgotten how to converse or disagree without oozing arrogance, condescension, or outright venom. I personally feel the reason for that is the development of our "Shut the **** up if you contradict a single one of my thoughts or feelings" attitude. More than ever, people lack empathy for others and refuse to accept the possibility that their thoughts or ideas could be inferior or flat out incorrect.

NEWS FLASH: None of us are perfect! None of us is all-knowing! There is an extremely high probability that we'll get stuff wrong from time to time, especially when offering opinions and speculation. Does that mean that the penalty has to be death? "You said there would be a reveal with the VGA's! We didn't get a reveal! BURN IN HELL, YOU CHARLATAN!" Uh, no. Let's not. Let's be thoughtful human beings, collect the facts and make respectful counterpoints when we think others are mistaken. In turn, we should always try to imagine the point of view of others. Why do they feel this way? What would make them think that? Why is that so important to them?

One of my favorite quotes by Galileo: "You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it within himself."

You want people to understand you? Agree with you? Show them your line of thinking. Show your path of logic. No one has ever been convinced they were wrong by simply being told they're an idiot. It's a pity that humanity at large refuses to learn this lesson. That said, you have the right attitude. Keep doing you, no matter what the cancerous individuals of the world may say. Even the most compassionate and truthful among us are hated. SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will hate your ever loving guts no matter what you believe, but that's THEIR problem. Do what you think is right and let the haters choke on their own bile. That's their choice to make.
Just want to say I adore that Galileo quote so thank you for sharing. I so agree with this post. There's a lot of vitriol, and particularly with this BTFO culture that is not just confined to video games unfortunately.

One look at Gamefaqs and I told my gf and was literally crying just because I couldn't believe the sincere malice people have because they dont want us to get our boy (and its unfortunately not only Geno).

I was here for all the things that have gone down and I also want to say I'm so sorry Fatmanonice Fatmanonice for the grief this all has caused you. Just conversing with you here, regardless of Geno bias, you seem like another Eric I'd have beer with irl. Glad you're sticking it out here with us. I'm a 31 year old man myself.

Also so the mods dont thought police me for off topic/punishing good people, I must say I'm very confident about Geno. And I think he will still have a mushroom icon, but he'll have the SMRPG victory song for his win screen.

Um also, sorry for the length, I have no idea how to condense via spoiler tags. Bless you all.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace

>Female Geno
I'm sickened, but curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom