• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wouldn't agree with Crooner if I were you. He got banned for calling out Wynn. Might put you on the chopping block too by association.
Actually, he was banned for receiving multiple flaming and trolling warnings over the course of a few weeks; it wasn't just a single incident. It's possible to disagree with someone and still be civil about it.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
@Serenade01 I feel you in what you're saying in your posts. I felt the same way with K. Rool. Hang tight, I still feel that way with other characters that aren't in who seemed like obvious choices. You're not alone.

D

Deleted member

To use another analogy, you're like a 13 year-old emo kid who cries about his "DEEP INNER TORMENT" and how people "JUST DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAND!" as you live a cushy life in your middle-class american bedroom blasting your Linkin Park music at full volume as you're busy making your ****ty Naruto AMVs. It's pathetic.
You don't KNOW how much I SUFFER, DAD!

*slams door, punches hole in drywall*
https://i.imgur.com/ITXvDLE.png (I wish the image upload here would be consistent or just use ****ing normal BBcode markup) (also I 100% give this Geno to Wynn, who has earned it)
not even my real dad
Serenade, let me preface this with the statement that I love ya. You are a cool dude, and we like a lot of the same stuff and agree with ya a lot of the time and you can even be funny sometimes. Cool? Cool.

You are acting like an entitled, pissy little child with this...again, since this has happened before, and I'm not going to be easy about it this time.

Dunno if you noticed this, but most of us in here want Geno. You'll also notice that most of us here don't throw written tantrums on how 'Sakurai hates Geno, what an asshole of a developer for not putting in the character I want.' Why is that?

Because we are being realistic while you are living in lala land.

You remember your post a few pages back in which you were pissy and devastated at the idea that Fighter #5 is likely not Geno and, thus, there were plans before the second round of DLC for Smash Ultimate to end support with Geno in as playable? Remember how I called you out then as well, as well as several others, on how that's not only a ridiculous stance to have but that also it doesn't matter because Ultimate is getting more DLC and Geno is likely among that DLC? You pulled the same **** then to, trying to cover your whining by saying "Sorry for me supporting Geno in the Geno thread" and it didn't work then and it won't work now.

You aren't supporting Geno: you are being childish and making other Geno fans look bad because you didn't get your way. So, to quote a famous rapper:

"Back to reality, oops there goes gravity."

Dunno if you knew this or not, but Geno is a DEAD CHARACTER FROM A DEAD FRANCHISE WHO'S SPIRITUAL SUCCESSORS ARE EITHER DEAD OR SOULLESS HUSKS OF THEIR FORMER SELVES AND HASN'T BEEN RELEVANT SINCE 1996 AND WAS BARELY RELEVANT THEN FOR A FEW MONTHS.

I've said it time and again that the ONLY reason he has any chance to be in Smash is due to fan support. Because we are all a bunch of loving nerds who think he should be revived and we've been campaigning for this since pre-2007, this unknown and dead character has a chance to be in the most prestigious crossover fighting game in the world. Remember that 'Smash Bubble' term that our resident fringe debating mastermind came up with? Geno is only popular in that bubble and has barely and recognition or appeal outside of it, and the more time passes the less he has.

Meanwhile, YOU are acting like grabbing the FACE of Square Enix and Final Fantasy and multiple main protagonists from the franchise that DEFINED RPGS AS WE KNOW THEM AS A GENRE that is so big in Sakurai's country that they have a holiday for it and games have to release on the weekend or else people will walk out of work and school to grab that **** is some sort of unjust travesty because Sakurai didn't get a dead character from a dead franchise that is on very uncertain terms due to when it was made and what happened shortly after between two companies.

Do you not see how delusional you are? If you could get characters from Star Wars, why would you skip on Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker to get Boba Fett or Jar Jar Binks? If you were getting characters from DBZ, why would you skip on Goku or Vegeta to pick Korin, Dende, Mr. Popo or Monster Carrot? If you were getting Pokemon characters, why would you skip out on getting Pikachu or Charizard to get Stunfisk or Luvdisc? If you were going to get Marvel characters, why would you pass on Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Spiderman, Wolverine, Magneto, Cyclops or Phoenix to grab Matter-Eater Lad, Squirrel Girl, Captain Britain, M.O.D.O.K, Shang Chi or Jubilee? If you could get Mario characters, why would you skip on Mario, Luigi or Princess Peach to get Professor E Gadd, Birdo or Waluigi (shoutout to Waluigi bros, no offense meant, I think you understand)?

Need I go on with more franchises? Do you get the point? Sakurai picking Cloud and Hero over Geno is not him lying about liking Geno or him being a an asshole, but it's Sakurai making the obvious choice that any unbiased person would make in such a situation. Being recognizable may not be the most important factor, but my god does it play an important part, and he's making a product to appeal to the general masses. He has to balance which choices he can actually make with those that people would love with those that are able to be approved with those he can feasibly make happen with those he thinks will actually be fun. There are many other factors, both within and outside his control that determine what characters he can and cannot get in the game, and that just goes towards getting the rights. Then there is making the characters and the stages and all the other content.

This is what pisses me off about those here who were upset about Geno's Mii Costume in Smash 4. I saw it for what it was: a nice little gift to the community to prove that Sakurai noticed us but just couldn't make it happen this time around and that Geno isn't just a dead character. I was so happy and surprised that it even happened at all because, even though I want him as a playable unique fighter, I never thought he had a chance in hell since I'm realistic about his current status. Meanwhile, we have people who went so far as to call it an insult and were angry about it because Sakurai didn't make Geno playable. Did you all forget that he's a nobody or something? The vice versa would have been playable Geno with a Cloud Mii costume, and that would have been the worst decision ever made. People would have flipped their **** that some no-name random-ass puppet got in but Cloud didn't.

The man is busting his ass and that of his remaining crew to do all this and just flatout make the best game he can and include as much stuff as he can, and you start spreading ****talk about him like this?

Grow up. It's not all about you or Geno.

Root for him, yes. Act like a selfish child over him? Unacceptable.
As the guy this was all targeted at, I disagree with the fact that this post got warned. Asinine decision and I feel like calling it out.

There's a lot here, I guess I can just hit a few points:
Pokemon's kind of a train wreck with no main characters and Smash is unfortunately full of one off poster-children of a generation that have stuck around. Lucario and Greninja, for example, deserve a spot just about as much as Piranha Plant and I don't care if there's people who enjoy playing them, facts are facts. But, you're right, they went for those after Pikachu and Mewtwo, the only Pokemon that really honest to God deserve to be in Smash. But your argument there ignores the point that I'm making, in that Mario and crew are already here, but I suppose what you're trying to tell me is that somehow a Mario character that Square happens to own has to be preceded by the unfortunate face of Final Fantasy and a franchise they didn't even own when Cloud became their poster child.

Anyway, despite the fact that it's literally over 600 pages old now probably, I think you still misunderstand what I was saying about how if Geno isn't #5 and they were going to leave him as a Mii Costume in the universe in which this was all the DLC, that's just unfair to us. You can say it "isn't all about me" (which I already know it isn't, I speak from a perspective looking at this fanbase), but every other viable character that got costume'd in Smash 4 was turned into a full fledged fighter... except the one Sakurai actually said he likes. And I mean, we're comparing the moveset goldmine that is Geno to ****ing Isabelle. I'm not "pissy and devastated", I'm noting a discrepancy between Sakurai's words and actions that don't add up, and when I say that, I'm not talking about "well Sakurai said he likes Geno", I'm talking about "Sakurai said he doesn't like to mess with people's expectations/string people along" and if this really was planned, at any point, to be all the DLC, we were strung along. It's honestly a hopeful message, that I don't for one second believe that this was planned to be the end all DLC, but I like being the bad guy so I keep posting morbidity and it keeps conversation lively.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anyway, despite the fact that it's literally over 600 pages old now probably, I think you still misunderstand what I was saying about how if Geno isn't #5 and they were going to leave him as a Mii Costume in the universe in which this was all the DLC, that's just unfair to us. You can say it "isn't all about me" (which I already know it isn't, I speak from a perspective looking at this fanbase), but every other viable character that got costume'd in Smash 4 was turned into a full fledged fighter... except the one Sakurai actually said he likes. And I mean, we're comparing the moveset goldmine that is Geno to ****ing Isabelle. I'm not "pissy and devastated", I'm noting a discrepancy between Sakurai's words and actions that don't add up, and when I say that, I'm not talking about "well Sakurai said he likes Geno", I'm talking about "Sakurai said he doesn't like to mess with people's expectations/string people along" and if this really was planned, at any point, to be all the DLC, we were strung along. It's honestly a hopeful message, that I don't for one second believe that this was planned to be the end all DLC, but I like being the bad guy so I keep posting morbidity and it keeps conversation lively.
There's a pretty big difference between all of those characters that you're referencing (K. Rool, Inkling, Isabelle, Chrom) and Geno - every single one of those costumes-turned-characters is owned by Nintendo, while Geno is not.

Sakurai can't force Square-Enix to go against their best interests and prioritize a one-off character over their two flagship franchises. Including third party characters a two-way street - Sakurai can bring up the idea of including Geno all he wants, but Square-Enix has to agree, and of course they're going to want to include Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest before Geno. Now that FF and DQ are in the game, Square-Enix might be open to the idea of including Geno, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to agree to make Geno playable before their main franchises are included in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yep, Geno has had as many appearances in Transformers as he has in the Mario franchise outside of SMRPG. Therefore Geno is now a Transformer and I propose we start a new campaign, #Geno4Bumblebee2
Geno thread, eject!

Operation: Starformers

Firox

Smash Master
But literally all you ever do is whine or complain. I honestly don't know why you're even still in this thread; you're so down about Geno's chances that it seems like you only come here just to drag everyone else down with you and to spout "I told you so!". I'll be the first to admit I'm not immune to it, back during Banjo spec I was such a downer about his chances towards the end of things.

My point is dude, if this isn't make you happy, why do you keep coming back here? You've already decided that you think Geno has no hope, so why are you still here?
Totally agree. Being skeptical and analytical are welcome things in a discussion. We definitely DON'T want an echo chamber because it discourages truly critical thinking HOWEVER one-sided cynicism really doesn't do anything constructive whatsoever. And frankly, it hurts a person's credibility when they are shown to be obviously biased. Any mouth breather can blinding hate something, but who would ever want to listen to that? Would you want to read a movie review that just says "this movie is trash. Period." without offering some legitimate reasons? Conversely, I refuse to trust reviews that say "this movie is an utter masterpiece" without offering a hint of criticism because it sounds like the reviewer is either being paid off or is highly ignorant of comparable subject matter.

My point is, if you want Geno and want to SPECULATE (not outright condemn) his chances, be my guest, but if you have nothing but a burning hatred for all things Smash, why bother wasting everyone's time here (including your own)? You'd probably be much happier elsewhere. (Try playing some Fortnite. I hear it's all the rage with the kids these days.):)

Glad to see people on my side because the mods sure aren't. They warned me for that post. Apparently calling out people talking out there ass about Sakurai and telling them to stop being so entitled is a crime.
Your post had some good points, maybe just don't include ad hominem attacks? Calling someone a "*****" and such directly is inflammatory and negates the otherwise thoughtful points you were trying to make. Deleting that one sentence from the post would have made it perfectly sound.

Lucario and Greninja, for example, deserve a spot just about as much as Piranha Plant and I don't care if there's people who enjoy playing them, facts are facts.
Boy, you did NOT just compare my ninja frog to PP. Greninja is a sexy beast and hands-down the best starter of Gen 6. He also defeated Madara Uchiha single-handedly (in my head canon) and has won multiple awards for being Best Ninja of the Year for 3 years running. I will not tolerate such heresy to be spoken of him.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Rumor dump because it's kind of awful right now and we're probably not getting a Direct for at least three weeks. Here are all the major lingering rumors that I've heard from my contacts, including the Mii costume guy and NoA ambassador, since probably like July. Definitely food for thought for a highly probable January Direct and beyond.

Major lingering rumors:

-No less than 7 Nintendo Remakes/Remasters for 2020. None are supposedly Zelda, Kirby, DK, or Star Fox. One has been made public by a couple of people, Sunshine HD, but confidence in it being real is super low.

Add in: another clarification: none have been formally announced yet so Xenoblade DE is not part of this.

-Tales announcements for Switch but nobody knows what or when. Supposedly Nintendo itself has been teasing it themselves to it's employees since like September.

-New retro Ninja Gaiden for Switch but, again, no one knows when. Basically a "Ninja Gaiden 4" with NES graphics and some people are now wondering if this rumor has anything to do with the Ryu in Smash rumors.

-New 3D Mario for E3 that's not Odyssey 2 or Galaxy 3. Supposedly totally new and not tied to past games but that's about it. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's super vague.

-Soul Calibur for Switch but, again, who ****in' knows? Had the Nightmare rumors clipped to this which is a big reason I entertained the idea. Confidence isn't super high on this one either.

-Nintendo is supposedly going to try its damnest to make BoTW 2 2020 (but, let's face it, it's not looking good and it's Zelda FFS) No doubt will have a lot to show at E3 regardless.

-Major complications with Prime 4 to the point it may miss E3... Again...

-Fighters 5 and 6 are rumored to be coming together, as in announced together. I give this one the most credit because like 5 people have passed this rumor onto me including the Mii costume guy. Lot of people disagree on who 5 and 6 could be but I will say that a lot of the same names keep coming up. As I've said, I don't think 5 or 6 are Geno but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Add in: Because there's been some confusion, I mean announced together as in the same presentation, not the same trailer. Rumors for 6 are particularly interesting because they suggest that they could either be a bonus character ala Plant or simply the character to kick off "Season 2" but it seems like nobody agrees on which it will be.

Welp, back to lurking...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-No less than 7 Nintendo Remakes/Remasters for 2020. None are supposedly Zelda, Kirby, DK, or Star Fox. One has been made public by a couple of people, Sunshine HD, but confidence in it being real is super low.
Virtual Boy Wario Land remake

Make it happen

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
There's a pretty big difference between all of those characters that you're referencing (K. Rool, Inkling, Isabelle, Chrom) and Geno - every single one of those costumes-turned-characters is owned by Nintendo, while Geno is not.

Sakurai can't force Square-Enix to go against their best interests and prioritize a one-off character over their two flagship franchises. Including third party characters a two-way street - Sakurai can bring up the idea of including Geno all he wants, but Square-Enix has to agree, and of course they're going to want to include Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest before Geno. Now that FF and DQ are in the game, Square-Enix might be open to the idea of including Geno, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to agree to make Geno playable before their main franchises are included in Smash.
That is true and its logical. Put in Peach and Bowser before you put in Rosalina. Which makes it all the more frustrating with how Square half-assed their additions compared to the other series in Smash, as if they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to participate (Game and Watch has more content than Final Fantasy). And even though DQ got more, it still pales in comparison.

But it's that disconnect that is strange. Square couldn't be bothered with FF's content (I cannot believe a scenario where Sakurai would turn down what Square offered considering what is in the game) despite its popularity, but allowed Geno and Mallow in as spirits? If we assume that all of them have the same legal hurdles, that just feels out of priority. And they have them under a mushroom icon instead of an other icon. I just wish someone would clear up who owns what in SMPRG.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, we've waited this long for Fighter #5, Geno or not, we'll just have to tough it out and make it through

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Prime trilogy finally? (Does that count as one or three?)
Pikmin?
F-ZEROOOOOOO?
Golden Sun?
Mayhaps even...

... Super Mario RPG?

D

Deleted member

I just wish someone would clear up who owns what in SMPRG.
Square owns Geno in no uncertain terms, but both are filed away as Mario characters because they are. Wouldn't you be more confused if they had the FF logo with them? Just because Square owns the characters doesn't mean they're a part of Cloud's franchise.

Their spirits and the costume are probably the best proof we have that Square doesn't actually have some kind of draconian use policy, at least not regarding them. Sure, there's absolutely no other Final Fantasy artwork in the game and that's probably a by-product of some sort of legal nightmare, but it's very clear that Geno and Mallow at the very least are essentially taped to the fridge waiting for someone to want to use them.

Call it conspiratorial all you want but the fact that Sakurai had a costume made for Geno and then the next game, when the moment was right for him to press the character issue, decided to just make Geno a spirit, that's just bordering on malicious intent.

I suppose that there is a chain of events that could potentially have happened/still be happening that puts Geno in as a character, but I don't know how realistic it is. If I'm gonna sit around and theorycraft on how company politics/policies work though I'd rather theorycraft on how they're ****ing us in the rear.

OffBi

Smash Ace
>we have to wait like at least three weeks until f5 is probably revealed
Why are you like this, Nintendo?

domriver

Smash Lord
Rumor dump because it's kind of awful right now and we're probably not getting a Direct for at least three weeks. Here are all the major lingering rumors that I've heard from my contacts, including the Mii costume guy and NoA ambassador, since probably like July. Definitely food for thought for a highly probable January Direct and beyond.

Major lingering rumors:

-Tales announcements for Switch but nobody knows what or when. Supposedly Nintendo itself has been teasing it themselves to it's employees since like September.

-New retro Ninja Gaiden for Switch but, again, no one knows when. Basically a "Ninja Gaiden 4" with NES graphics and some people are now wondering if this rumor has anything to do with the Ryu in Smash rumors.

-New 3D Mario for E3 that's not Odyssey 2 or Galaxy 3. Supposedly totally new and not tied to past games but that's about it. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's super vague.

-Soul Calibur for Switch but, again, who ****in' knows? Had the Nightmare rumors clipped to this which is a big reason I entertained the idea. Confidence isn't super high on this one either.

-Nintendo is supposedly going to try its damnest to make BoTW 2 2020 (but, let's face it, it's not looking good and it's Zelda FFS) No doubt will have a lot to show at E3 regardless.

-Fighters 5 and 6 are rumored to be coming together, as in announced together. I give this one the most credit because like 5 people have passed this rumor onto me including the Mii costume guy. Lot of people disagree on who 5 and 6 could be but I will say that a lot of the same names keep coming up. As I've said, I don't think 5 or 6 are Geno but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Welp, back to lurking...
As long as Geno is in i think is all that matters. :D

BOTW 2 - now unsure about everyone else but BOTW omg was a beautiful masterpiece - I just fell in love with Zelda everything about it was so i love it. My expectations for BOTW 2 are pretty high now. Can't wait to possibly see some gameplay or anything come E3 - Release date? I think Latest Mid 2021 .. Earliest Late 2020.

Metroid Prime 4 im waiting for any information regarding this it was a tad bit disappointing to see it delayed but im glad they formally announced it and said that it did not reach their standards. I m guessing you dont know the details to Prime 4 as to why its being complicated? Could be direction of the game not necessarily anything else. ( My guess of course)

A new 3D Mario Not Odyssey 2 or Galaxy 3 hmmmmm. Show me what you got Nintendo. lol :p

Soul Calibur - fan of Soul Calibur - i would welcome this to my switch addition. ;)

Not to much Tales or Gaiden fan. Ill check them out though.

Now for DLC 5 and 6 together? Could they be linked? In a way that their reveal trailers are in one. Maybe. Maybe not. This ties in great with Doom Guy and Geno im hoping this is the case but of course it could very well be not. I know Sakurai won't disappoint. :) Im just thinking a bout the mii costumn leak how it has not fully been debunked. I know we all have seen various models of a 3D Model of Geno but this is Nintendo im very curious as to what they got going.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice any news on when i can purchase Fighters Pass 2? I would guess it would be announced with 5 and 6 are done - we dont even know if 6 will be #1 of FP2. hmmm hmmmmm...

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Baseless theory time: 5 is being announced along with post pass character 1 because Nintendo feels that 5 will be lackluster or disappointing and need the next character to rehype people. This is why they are dragging their feet at revealing number 5 (5 will have the shortest reveal to showcase gap of the pass, the opposite of Joker). Also, Nintendo (again, baseless theory) WAS going to reveal 5 at the VGAs but dropped it as post pass character was not fully ready to show off. Nintendo tweeting about the VGAs when only 3 Switch games were shown (and none of them were their IPs), Geoff randomingly bringing up Joker's reveal and Ultimate getting best Fighter but that award was put in the preshow. Something changed last minute. 5 will continue the Smash tradition of being a fizzled out finale to a character set so they need the next set to cheer people up.

And that was your baseless theory, taking random events and crushing them into each other until a sentence popped out.

Also, if the next two come together, that's less time to wait for character 77 (aka Geno) which will guarantee then to come out at E3.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman

Welp, back to lurking...

I was talking about this with a friend!! maybe i was right...

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
This post was warned for spam as it provided nothing to the conversation and an attempt to derail the thread.
Guys, don’t feed the troll. Set him to ignore and be done with it. Once he realizes he’s just talking to himself he will go away. Let’s not get the topic locked again. That’s pretty much Gamefaqs’s plan.
You are all talking about Ignore me, yet keep replying to me, so apparently the ones that says to Ignore didn't even do it, lol.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It seems super unlikely but I would love F-Zero GX to be remastered. That game is a master piece and I don't believe Nintendo could ever top themselves even if they tried.

Amusement Vision (The Super Monkey Ball team) was the workhorse that made that game the best thing ever.

But of course, Super Mario RPG remake or NSO release is a must. Hopefully with playable Geno announcement.

Why must everything I love be impossible to have c':

Lyncario

Smash Ace

Major lingering rumors:

First of all, I kinda expected this wait for a new Nintendo direct, as I believe that we'll get one on January 12. For the 7 remasters for 2020, could Xenoblade DE be part of those if it's true? It would narrownit down a bit. A TTYD remaster was also wanted for a long time. Also, Inteligent Systems talked about wanting to remake Blinding Blade, so it may happen. If we add Sunshine HD to it, it's already 4/7. Other franchise getting remasters like F-Zero or Golden Sun would be nice, but it's not likely. Maybe the last 3 remasters are actualy the Metroid Prime Trilogy? Also, considering the rumors with Scott Menville having a big project, with it being not Smash, and probably not the return of the OG Teen Titans(I want it so bad), maybe it could be a Symphonia remake.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Man how awesome would it be if SMRPG was one of the remakes for 2020? SE has been remaking/porting a lot of games recently so it's possible.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Man how awesome would it be if SMRPG was one of the remakes for 2020? SE has been remaking/porting a lot of games recently so it's possible.
I think a TTYD remake/master is more probable, mainly because the Paper Mario fans are quite lood for it to happen.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

Major lingering rumors:

Welp, back to lurking...
My take on it:

Most of these are probably Wii U ports. Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, maybe Color Splash, and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Not sure about the other games.

Cool for Tales and Ninja Gaiden.

New Mario would be great. Maybe it's a new RPG?

Cool for Soul Calibur.

I would absolutely agree that Prime 4 wouldn't be shown off yet and BoTW 2 would be tried as for a 2020 date.

I would love to see 5 and 6 together. They showed off 2 and 3 together, so it's possible!

T2by4

Smash Lord
>Geno has a page in the Transformers wiki

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Geno

What
That's awesome. It's not even just a knockoff Geno, it's no **** the same Geno from SMRPG.

Just imagining him and samus doing space stuff and cleaning up the galaxy is awesome.

Also been listening to happy parade lately, and man, if Geno got in and that doesn't get remixed I would be surprised. I feel like it's the perfect theme for his reveal trailer and can be KRool levels of a banger if remixed.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The Mii Costume not appearing yet doesn't means much, we can use that logic and say that Chocobo is also coming because its Costume still didn't come back. And Geno's can still perfectly appear later, instead of adding back Jackie's and Akira's costumes alongside Joker, a Sega character, they came back alongside Terry, a SNK character, so Geno's Mii Costume can come back with another character.
Sure, but considering what we've heard from the Mii Costume list and the CacoMallow post, it seems likely we're getting another SquareEnix costume alongside the Geno Costume and the Chocobo Hat, most likely a Mallow Hat, so where do these all come back? Returning Mii Costumes thus far have come back in groups of twos: Tails & Knuckles, Proto Man & Zero, Jacky & Akira. If we look at the remaining costumes that have yet to return, they for the most part go together in groupes of 2: Mega Man X & Mega Man.EXE, Hunter & Rathalos, and Geno & Chococo. The only exception to this being the Namco costumes with Lloyd, Heihachi & Gil. If it were only the Geno Costume and Chocobo Hat coming back then sure, it's possible that they could come back whenever, but with it being rumored that we're getting at least one more to go alongside them, then that seems significantly less likely.

So far, the limit for how many Mii Costumes we can get with any given fighter appears to be 6. The least we've ever seen a fighter get in terms of costumes from their own series is 3, not counting Banjo who is an obvious outlier in all this. The most we've ever seen a fighter get in terms of unrelated costumes, ie. costumes that don't come from their series or company, is 2. Since we've yet to get more than 6 costume with any one fighter and we've yet to get more than 2 unrelated costumes with any one fighter, it seems that 2 would be the limit for unrelated costumes.

I think that 2 is the cut-off point because so far we've never had more unrelated costumes included with a fighter than related ones, like more Sonic costumes than Persona costumes for example. So if there are to be 3 costumes coming, then that would either mean that these costumes will be coming with a character from their series/company, or one of the costumes would be upgraded to a playable fighter and something would be included in it's place alongside the 2 remaining costumes.

Let's use the Namco costumes as an example. If these costumes are to return, they'd either have to be packaged alongside a new Namco fighter, or one of these costumes would have to be upgraded to fighter status, which would mean that they would come with their own new costumes for a complete package:

Namco Fighter: 1-3 costumes from their own series, the 3 returning Namco costumes, and 1-2 unrelated costumes assuming there's room for it.
Lloyd or Heihachi get upgraded: 1-3 costume from their own series, the 2 returning Namco costumes, and 1-2 unrelated costumes assuming there's room for it.

Going back to the SquareEnix costumes, if we are to get 3 of them and Geno isn't the fighter, then that would mean that whichever fighter they're coming with has to be from SquareEnix. This would look something like this:

SquareEnix Fighter: 1-3 costumes from their own series, the new Mallow Hat, and the returning Geno Costume and Chocobo Hat from Smash 4.
Another Final Fantasy Fighter: 1-2 new Final Fantasy costumes/hats, the returning Chocobo Hat, and the returning Geno Costume and new Mallow Hat.

But of course, the Mii Fighter list also mentions a Smithy costume/hat to go along with this, which would seriously tip the scales in favor of Geno becoming a fighter. If the list of known SquareEnix costumes grows to 4, with three of those costumes being from Super Mario RPG, then the fighter couldn't be just any old fighter or even an unrelated SquareEnix character, since there would be an unprecedented imbalance in the number of Super Mario RPG costumes compared to whoever was coming, it would either have to either be Geno or someone from Super Mario RPG, most likely Geno. So basically like this:

Geno as Fighter, A Scenario: Mallow Hat, Smithy Costume/Hat, Chocobo Hat, 1-2 unrelated costumes.
Geno as Fighter, B Scenario: Geno Costume, Mallow Hat, Smithy Costume/Hat, Chocobo Hat, 0-1 unrelated costumes.
An unlikely SMRPG character who isn't Geno: Geno Costume, Mallow Hat, Smithy Costume/Hat, Chocobo Hat, 0-1 unrelated costumes.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Updated the post with a couple of clarifications because I noticed a lot of questions already. Hope that helps sort through the rumors better. With that, the NoA ambassador's soul is released because he said he would no longer be in the insider/rumor game anymore after the VGAs and I personally promised I wouldn't bug him with this stuff anymore and I'd be cool with just being friends with the guy and I definitely like him for more than Nintendo rumors. So, with that, I'm mostly spent and will only report on rumors if people come to me with them from now on.

D

Deleted member

Updated the post with a couple of clarifications because I noticed a lot of questions already. Hope that helps sort through the rumors better. With that, the NoA ambassador's soul is released because he said he would no longer be in the insider/rumor game anymore after the VGAs and I personally promised I wouldn't bug him with this stuff anymore and I'd be cool with just being friends with the guy and I definitely like him for more than Nintendo rumors. So, with that, I'm mostly spent and will only report on rumors if people come to me with them from now on.

Goodbye, NOA ambassador. Have a pleasant life.

I hope anything you said about a Nintendo direct taking until January is wrong.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Since Xenoblade DE isn't one of those "7 remasters", then I will say that a Sinnoh remake is probably the most likely one to exist. In fact, even if the rumor is false, it's still extremly likely to be anounced, it's Pokemon after all.

For a potential Super Mario RPG on the SNES onlie, what if it comes with other old jrpgs? An occasion for that would be the coming of SMTV on Switch, where in a perfect timeline, de would get SMT 1, 2, FF6, SMRPG, Mother 1, 2, and some old FEs.

D

Deleted member

if Geno his own spirit board, what do you guys think it would be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom