• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Goodness. All this talk of the Smash fanbase being terrible makes me reflect on the whole thing. It feels like you can't go two steps without being lambasted by detractors if you like X character or Y character at times. Now I haven't had much problems myself, but that's mostly because I just stick to a few niche communities like here and avoid more open places like Twitter, Youtube comment sections and the like. But I've still seen many people getting picked on where I've been across. Too many. Waluigi and Ashley fans are two easy examples of fanbases that got that treatment frequently; things might've calmed down for them... I guess, but if you know what went down with them, you know what I'm talking about and I don't need to go any further.

And those two are just what comes to mind because I got to be around them for a little while. Steve, Sora, Bandana Dee, Doomguy, etc don't have it any easier. Hell, even fandoms I thought were safe from such behavior really weren't. Banjo fans pre-E3 used to be mocked relentlessly right under my nose and I just got lucky to not notice it for the reason I've already said. And of course, our own boy Geno is one of the biggest punching bags right now, which is unfortunate. I hate that fans of any character that's a big enough name within the community become a target for people who have nothing better to do than to **** on others and we just have either to deal with it or leave. The absolute state we're in...

Ok rant over. To lighten things up and put this back on track, the huge amount of Geno detractors right now is at least a sign that we're going strong! Bit ironic that this "irrelevant puppet no one cares about" is getting so much hate in the first place, eh? I understand why some people are leaving, but I'm still optimistic enough to stay on the thread indefinitely. Some peeps acting like assholes towards us won't stop me this quickly, especially when we've gotten so far. Let us stay strong, Genobros!

... also, another thing while I'm here. This has been on my mind for so long and I just have to say it now because these two tracks fit the mood of my rant. "Here's Some Weapons!" from SMRPG and "Isle O' Hags (Glitter Gulch Mine)" from Banjo-Tooie have basically the same harmony (I think that's what it's called anyway; it's the part from the very beginning of both songs in any case). I've never seen anyone make the comparison before but I just can't help but think of it when I hear either of the two lmao. Here's the link to them if you wanna check out for yourself:

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
We're the Smash Fandoms punching bag, everyone hates us and laughs at us. I went through the same thing last year with Banjo and Grotesque Steve, and a lot of the Geno camp overlaps with the Banjo camp.
Y'know, it's always funny to me that people in this thread keep saying that we're all the buttmonkies of the Smash fandom and that most people hate Geno, yet most of what I've seen regarding Geno getting in Smash has been largely positive: Numerous YouTubers seem to be in agreement that Geno would make a great fit for Smash (or are at the very lest ambivalent to him) with plenty of great videos detailing how he could work, most of the twitter posts I've seen regarding Geno have been largely in support of him or at the least ambivalent to him (for reference, I've been occasionally searching through any posts with the words Geno and Smash, looking for posts that are negative about him or his chances).

I've heard GameFAQs being used as the prime example of anti-Geno sentiment, yet all what I've seen from the site based on searching "geno will never be in smash" through Google are...

A thread of someone lazily trying to argue that Geno won't be in Smash, with a decent amount of rebuttals mixed in.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77987042

A joke thread saying Geno won't make it in because he lacks pants. (Which is a legit point, by the way.)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78142057

A thread that basically died out after a few posts.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77218926

And a longer thread that also has numerous rebuttals mixed in with a good amount of dissent.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78149903

And if I'm being honest here, the amount of opposition to Geno and the quality of these arguments are rather lackluster and not as bad as people here have been saying.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Man, I don't even know what's been going on lately. I don't keep up enough to understand the drama or the distaste, so the thread locks were out of left field for me.

In my eyes, "leaving a thread" isn't even something worth declaration. You should come and go as you desire, and if something on the internet is genuinely upsetting you, why? Everything you do here is voluntary, down to every last letter you read. I love how passionate everyone is about this character, and I find humor in how passionate others are about hating him, aha. So this is Sour's friendly reminder that we're talking about a video game here, more specifically one character that may or may not arrive in said game. Small potatoes if you ask me, and everyone would see it the same way if they took a step back. So please, and I say this only in good spirit,

Go outside.
Check out some other threads and see others' passions!
Read a book.
Play a goddamn video game.
Make art.

Do anything other than wait for this Thread to give you what you want. If any of this is genuinely upsetting to you (on either side of the argument), I need you to reevaluate your priorities, for the sake of your own sanity. It was never worth the ill thoughts.

When you're feeling some good discussion, I hope to God you can stop by and see some rewarding discourse about Geno. That's all it was ever supposed to be, and we're all at fault for it having ever become something else.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Stay strong Genobros - we'll get through this tough time, and I have faith it'll be a good payoff having endured these hard seasons. I also believe this place has gotten the needed attention from the mods and admins so I'm hopeful we won't be getting any other repeat situations that make people uncomfortable to be here or want to leave. Let's encourage a positive atmosphere for our blue puppet!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Stay strong Genobros - we'll get through this tough time, and I have faith it'll be a good payoff having endured these hard seasons. I also believe this place has gotten the needed attention from the mods and admins so I'm hopeful we won't be getting any other repeat situations that make people uncomfortable to be here or want to leave. Let's encourage a positive atmosphere for our blue puppet!

I think we've been through the worst of it and now the dust has settled down for good. It's unfortunate that some users are leaving the thread, but us few who remained shall make it the best we can!

Also thanks for including me in the meme, I'm always flattered by that lmao

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

The meme squad is not going anywhere, we'll stay here until he returns
PicsArt_12-15-08.19.54.jpg

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I stuck around for Banjo, I WILL stick around for our boy in blue! Ovaltine Ovaltine it saddens me to see you leave, but I absolutely understand. We will bring back the positivity you always brought to the table. That being said...I guess we wait for some sort of announcement for a direct either this month or next. I plan to attempt some SMRPG covers to pass the time.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Pretty much agree with what Sour Supreme Sour Supreme is saying.

You can do anything else instead of just staying on the thread waiting for something to happen.

Do an activity, keep up with your hobbies, enjoy some music, play videogames (this should be an obvious one), etc.

I do some activities of my own to do while I wait, like work. Like I said about what my stance on the possibility of the CacoMallow's leak, we can wait until a direct is announced and then we can into overdrive like we were prior to the VGA but more amicably.

That's what I would do at this point, otherwise you're going to be burned off and stress yourself out. Which is not what the community for Geno should be in.

Keep hope and keep believing folks, as our star warrior would have you know for Star road.

:bowser::starman:.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
With all the “hate” that goes around about Geno, I’m glad the pro scene seems to want Geno in. Tweek and Esam had said they wanted to see Geno, that’s pretty cool to me!

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I stuck around for Banjo, I WILL stick around for our boy in blue! Ovaltine Ovaltine it saddens me to see you leave, but I absolutely understand. We will bring back the positivity you always brought to the table. That being said...I guess we wait for some sort of announcement for a direct either this month or next. I plan to attempt some SMRPG covers to pass the time.
Some SMRPG covers? if you manage to finish one of those then you should show us what you got partner ^^

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It's great to see how strong you Genobros are. With all the drama that the Geno fanbase has experienced in the past, you all (for the most part) get over it somewhat quickly and get back to having fun discussions. And that's one of the reasons why I keep coming back here. I would never, ever, imagine making fun of or attacking someone just because they want a character, regardless of how relevant they are or what role they had in their game(s), and so forth. You guys are the reason why I want to see Geno become playable even more. Stay positive!

Edit: And to add, it really shows how passion can make such a difference. Besides Sakurai being interested in the character, you guys are the significant reason why he is still being talked about today. Other characters like Doom Slayer, Steve, and Lloyd Irving have other reasons for a possible inclusion such as interest from the general public, they would make a lot of money based on marketing, popularized a genre, etc. But Geno is one of the few characters I can think of where he has a good chance of being in Smash, 90%-95% due to being sheer fan request which is from a specific group, not even from the mainstream audience. And that is absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Don't take my last post the wrong way: I've far from given up on Geno, and I am still very confident that his arrival is just a matter of time. But as someone who was on the receiving end of abuse from Banjo spec, I totally get why a lot of people are dipping for now

But, in an attempt to drum up conversation and speculation again and to make up for my downer of a last post, I've compiled something of an essay of my own. Based on what Fatman has been allowed to tell us, Fighter 5 will potentially be "A third party, western character that will cause controversy due to their inclusion killing off a popular request" So using that I've compiled my list of suspects, who they'd deconfirm, and what each of them means for Geno's chances

Character: Dragonborn
Who they'd deconfirm:
Doomslayer
Controversy: People have demanded Doomslayer since Ultimate was even a thing, heck even during the Fighter Ballot. We know Nintendo has spoken to Bethesda about a potential character, and besides Vault Boy (Who I personally believe has zero chance and would only be a costume), The Dragonborn is the only other candidate that would stand in the Slayer's way. Skyrim was the defacto game Nintendo used to push the Switch during its reveal, they outright LET Skyrim have Zelda content, and Skyrim is for better or worse, a cultural milestone in video game history so they definitely have a chance. Dragonborn would spell the end for Doomslayer, and that would absolutely upset people
What they mean for Geno: Arguably the best case scenario here. While it would kick out Doomslayer, it's still Bethesda and he could come with a Cacodemon hat thus proving that CacoMallow was real all along, and paving the way for Geno's entrance! There's a reason why Dragonborn is the frontrunner of this line of speculation, they fit everything like a glove.

Character: Tracer
Who they'd deconfirm: Crash and Spyro
Controversy: Ever since the Overwatch port for the Switch leaked, the Smash fandom has had the knives out for Tracer getting into Smash. She would rep FPS; a spot which the vast majority of the fandom believes belongs to Doomslayer, not to mention given her abilities she would have a potentially annoying playstyle to fight around. Also, Blizzard's recent actions regarding Hong Kong have poisoned them in the eyes of many across the internet, souring her reputation even further. Finally due to Blizzard being owned by Activision, her inclusion would give the boot to Crash Bandicoot and Spyro; two very popular fan picks.
What they mean for Geno: Sort of falls apart here; since there are just as many people who do want Tracer in Smash as those who don't. Saying Tracer is Fighter 5 is a claim anyone could make and have a decent-ish shot at being right, since Overwatch IS still popular despite some saying its a dead game; especially with the sequel out. Though the argument could be made that a Cacodemon hat COULD come with Tracer on the grounds of OW and Doom being FPS games, since Virtua Fighter's costume came with Terry for both being fighting games.

Character: A Five Nights at Freddy's rep (yes, really)
Who they'd deconfirm:
Shovel Knight, Shantae, Quote, Hollow Knight or any desired indie character
Controversy: Do I even need to spell this out? FNAF would be an absolute "WTF??" pick, and boy does Smash love those. A hypothetical FNAF character would kill three birds with one stone: It would rep Horror, Indie, and Western characters all at once. It stands to reason that if Smash were to go for an indie character, they would only pick one... and FNAF getting in would seemingly forever lock out the above mentioned indie picks; not to mention... while we all welcomed the Sans costume with open arms to the point where Sans is considered an honorary member of the roster, I know Undertale fans would feel slighted and cheated out of a fighter if FNAF took the spot. Also there's the matter of FNAF's reputation for its fanbase... in short, this would absolutely infuriate a good number of the Smashdom
What they mean for Geno: Actually, this would mean a LOT for Geno! Hear me out on this. Remember back when Piranha Plant leaked more than once, but no one paid any attention to it because it was so ridiculous and stupid that there was no way it was true? The same principle applies here too. If Fatman's source was saying "Geno is down the pipeline, and btw Freddy Fazbear is taking the 5th fighter spot" to everyone, no one would believe it! The idea of FNAF getting in is so outrageous that if an insider staked their reputation on that they'd be a laughing stock! But if said insider actually ended up being RIGHT about it, then suddenly they're worth listening to for getting such an outlandish claim right; and if that person is saying Geno is coming, then we've got ourselves a winner! After all, it's the person who leaked Piranha Plant who told Papagenos about the Smithy and Mallow Mii Costumes, and that alone has made them worth listening too.

I'm not putting Ezio or the Rabbids (Who would kill Rayman) on the list because Ubisoft is a french company, despite what you might think. KOS-MOS is also not western, so she doesn't fit the profile either.

I considered putting Chell from Portal (Who would kill Heavy) on the list, but Portal and Portal 2 are also such cultural milestones that I don't believe too many would be upset by her inclusion. Though what she would mean for Geno would also apply to what I said about FNAF: she's so far off the radar that anyone claiming her and getting it right would be worth listening to

These three are my biggest suspsects, and each would mean something for Geno's chances. All we have to do is wait and see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone wanting to take a break for a bit should. I think it's a good idea and we probably won't get info till year hopefully in a January or Feburary direct.

Don't know what the future holds but I'm ready and I still believe in Geno's chances.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This thread has a very bad issue of feeding the trolls and taking everything wayyyyy too seriously. Honestly anyone feeling like Super Smash Bros speculation is actually effecting their mental or physical health in real life should probably take a break and a few step backs to realize that it's not that important. This should be good fun, not detrimental to your actual life. And if you can't handle people tearing the shreds out of your favorite character or game online, realize that that's kinda how the internet works. Anonymity gives people a good enough excuse to go off against everything and anything they don't like with no repercussions. Is it very nice? Not really. Is it fun for them? Probably. Especially when you all attack back at them like yall have been doing.

Geno is in the best place he's ever been, and if yall are letting these random people on the internet talking bad about an rpg from 3 decades ago get to your head, maybe yall should find some other hobbies on top of spec to lessen the blows. Wishing everyone that is leaving well and I hope to get some good news soon for everyone's sake.

EDIT: I also think the extreme cynicism is insane. People are confusing "These DLC characters don't speak to me specifically" with "These DLC characters are bad". Joker comes from a wildly acclaimed game that isn't even on a Nintendo console, opening the door to a TON of other potential fighters. Banjo Kazooie is a no-brainer, but even Hero and Terry are huge requests in regions all over the globe even if the States hasn't quite had the same hype for them. This DLC cycle is insane and I can't wait to see what surprises they pull outta their hat for 5 and Post-5 Fighters.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
This thread has a very bad issue of feeding the trolls and taking everything wayyyyy too seriously. Honestly anyone feeling like Super Smash Bros speculation is actually effecting their mental or physical health in real life should probably take a break and a few step backs to realize that it's not that important. This should be good fun, not detrimental to your actual life. And if you can't handle people tearing the shreds out of your favorite character or game online, realize that that's kinda how the internet works. Anonymity gives people a good enough excuse to go off against everything and anything they don't like with no repercussions. Is it very nice? Not really. Is it fun for them? Probably. Especially when you all attack back at them like yall have been doing.

Geno is in the best place he's ever been, and if yall are letting these random people on the internet talking bad about an rpg from 3 decades ago get to your head, maybe yall should find some other hobbies on top of spec to lessen the blows. Wishing everyone that is leaving well and I hope to get some good news soon for everyone's sake.

EDIT: I also think the extreme cynicism is insane. People are confusing "These DLC characters don't speak to me specifically" with "These DLC characters are bad". Joker comes from a wildly acclaimed game that isn't even on a Nintendo console, opening the door to a TON of other potential fighters. Banjo Kazooie is a no-brainer, but even Hero and Terry are huge requests in regions all over the globe even if the States hasn't quite had the same hype for them. This DLC cycle is insane and I can't wait to see what surprises they pull outta their hat for 5 and Post-5 Fighters.
I think the promblem is some y'all makeing your whole indenty around this character, and everyone who slightly think differently, some of you guys take it a little bit too personally

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Anyone wanting to take a break for a bit should. I think it's a good idea and we probably won't get info till year hopefully in a January or Feburary direct.

Don't know what the future holds but I'm ready and I still believe in Geno's chances.
I hope we get a lot of questions answered with the reveal of the 5th character. Then we will find out where Geno stands. I am hoping for the best but I have my doubts just knowing our luck.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think the promblem is some y'all makeing your whole indenty around this character, and everyone who slightly think differently, some of you guys take it a little bit too personally
Define slightly differently though. If difference in thinking amounts to them writing "Geno doesn't deserve to be in SSBU" or "Geno is a bad/uninteresting character" or "All Geno fans are toxic" of course people are going to disagree and explain why they disagree. I think some people take others getting annoyed and responding with their own points when users come in to specifically trash a character as "taking things too personally" when it's not that at all.

Last edited:

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Hell, even fandoms I thought were safe from such behavior really weren't. Banjo fans pre-E3 used to be mocked relentlessly right under my nose and I just got lucky to not notice it for the reason I've already said.

You're obviously seeing it very one sided, as the Pre E3 Banjo fanbase was extremely toxic and constantly downplayed absolutely every other character, so obviously people would attack Banjo's fandom.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
You're obviously seeing it very one sided, as the Pre E3 Banjo fanbase was extremely toxic and constantly downplayed absolutely every other character, so obviously people would attack Banjo's fandom.
As someone who uses the internet and have been active in Smash fandom for a good bit I don't think this statement is true at all. But I don't think we need to go down this road considering this is a Geno thread not a Banjo thread.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A) I'd rather not have this turn into an extended discussion about particular fanbases, since that just seems like a flame war waiting to happen, so hopefully, we can stop this right here.

B) Generalizing entire fanbases based on the negative actions of a few individuals (for example, saying that Banjo's entire fanbase was extremely toxic before E3) is consistently a terrible idea.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
To think that when he gets announced, he will actually have his name in articles all over the internet from major news outlets and that means that a lot of people will be scratching their heads and look up Geno. And maybe try Mario RPG.
That's literally been a big motivator for me the past few years. The interest might get Nintendo more interested in making actual good Mario RPG games instead of the more recent Paper Mario/M&L titles which are arguably not even actual RPGs

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, as I said the other thread, Christmas is just another day, one that is overhyped and overrated. However, it kinda got a bit depressing (meaning a little) since we did not get anything in the Video Game Awards; no Geno, no other character, whatever.

I mean, it is kinda depressing because we've got nothing at that event, and we have nothing to talk about until January or February where the next Direct may hit. I mean, we can talk Geno, but the wait...ugh...

I don't mean to bring this to the discussion again, the VGA thing, if it is a bad idea, just saying

None of you have lost hope for Geno, right? I wonder how he'll look graphically?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Well, as I said the other thread, Christmas is just another day, one that is overhyped and overrated. However, it kinda got a bit depressing (meaning a little) since we did not get anything in the Video Game Awards; no Geno, no other character, whatever.

I mean, it is kinda depressing because we've got nothing at that event, and we have nothing to talk about until January or February where the next Direct may hit. I mean, we can talk Geno, but the wait...ugh...

I don't mean to bring this to the discussion again, the VGA thing, if it is a bad idea, just saying

None of you have lost hope for Geno, right? I wonder how he'll look graphically?
I haven't lost hope for Geno. I just don't know if he is going to even happen. But all you can do is hope, right?

Most of the renders like the Smashified one already do a really great job with his wooden texture so I can't see him looking too different than that. I also don't see him being any taller than Mario in height.

D

Deleted member

I’m never losing hope. I just can’t wait for the inevitable karma that will bite all of the doubters and trolls in the ass. They just never learn do they.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I haven't lost hope for Geno. I just don't know if he is going to even happen. But all you can do is hope, right?

Most of the renders like the Smashified one already do a really great job with his wooden texture so I can't see him looking too different than that. I also don't see him being any taller than Mario in height.
Pretty much, even though it may take a while to see if he is in until early next year. That said, I still believe in Geno.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here is a question that I think has never been asked: How would you go about making a Geno taunt that has some sort of attack? As an example, it would be somethin like Luigi's down taunt or Greninja's down taunt.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
When Geno gets in Smash we will lift our flag and place it on the battlefield so the other Genobros who lost hope years ago or just gave up with the dream will see our triumph and rejoice with our victory.
PicsArt_12-16-12.37.07.jpg

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Here is a question that I think has never been asked: How would you go about making a Geno taunt that has some sort of attack? As an example, it would be somethin like Luigi's down taunt or Greninja's down taunt.
If I had to give Geno a taunt attack, I think the best choice would be something similar to Princess Remedy's taunt in Slap City. For those who haven't played it, she fires a heart from her hand (in the shape of a finger gun) and then blows the smoke off her finger, and the heart is an actual projectile that deals 1%. Doing something similar with Geno, where he fires a slow moving star that does 1%, would be hilarious. Obviously with less of a flirty tone to the taunt itself, though.

Other than that, for a Geno+Mallow tag team moveset, they could have a taunt where Mallow accidentally hits Geno with lightning, and Geno shakes it off after a second, but the lightning has an actual hitbox that hurts others if they're too close while he's taunting. Or, similar idea, a punchinello bomb explodes next to him.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I may have been away for awhile guys but I just wanted to chime in to state this: I finally finished the manga Bakuman after 20 volumes and it really hit me in the feels with its ending. It inspired me to get back into drawing and it’s character growth was really superb and it reminded me of all the ordeals we’ve gone through. I really hope Geno will join the fight soon so we all can feel the utter happiness I’m experiencing right now. Even though we didn’t get anything at the VGAs and all, I’m ready to keep going on with all of you on this journey. Let’s all keep reaching until we at long last reach the end. :,)
A43CC488-06E1-49F7-BF40-F257B6D1C534.jpeg

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I would just add a hitbox to his head when he does his nodding taunt. It only deal 1% damage, but it has godlike priority, allowing it can block against any projectile and clashes against any attack.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, so I just watched something that has made me reconsider my thoughts on what it would be like to see Geno possess anything other than the doll he originally inhabited. Like, I know that idea coming to fruition would not go the same direction as the example I just saw, but still.

Also, I am curious if you guys know what I am talking about, because it is something that just happened today.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'll just say very quickly here that when I talk about a fanbase that got **** on, I'm not turning a blind eye to the other side of the coin. Some Banjo fans pre-E3 made horrible actions. Some Waluigi and Ashley fans made horrible actions. Some Steve, Sora, Doomguy etc fans made horrible actions. And yes, some Geno fans made horrible actions. Nobody's a saint and both fans and detractors of every character have their share of bad eggs. But we shouldn't go full hypocritical and act like assholes to another group because said group acted like assholes to us. That's a tribalistic cycle and we shouldn't be part of it, is all I'm saying.

Aight, back to Geno guys.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I'll just say very quickly here that when I talk about a fanbase that got **** on, I'm not turning a blind eye to the other side of the coin. Some Banjo fans pre-E3 made horrible actions. Some Waluigi and Ashley fans made horrible actions. Some Steve, Sora, Doomguy etc fans made horrible actions. And yes, some Geno fans made horrible actions. Nobody's a saint and both fans and detractors of every character have their share of bad eggs. But we shouldn't go full hypocritical and act like assholes to another group because said group acted like assholes to us. That's a tribalistic cycle and we shouldn't be part of it, is all I'm saying.

Aight, back to Geno guys.
Well said.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Honestly the more I think of it, the more I see Geno playing like a fusion of Mega Man and Lucas. I can pretty easily see Geno's Smash attacks lining up with Lucas's PSI attacks pretty well.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hey gamers. I've been away from the thread for a while (nothing "happened" to me, don't worry - I'm still active on the Star Road Discord as a mod, as a matter of fact), but I know that the thread's been in some kinda turmoil lately due to... recent events. I just wanted y'all to know that even when I'm not actively voicing my support for Geno on sites like this, the Genobros will always have my support, no matter what happens. For everyone who's ever wanted Geno in Smash, whether as a main want or just to satisfy the wishes of the fans... we all deserve this.

Let's get this bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom