• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, let’s try to go back to Geno. If Geno has a stage, what would you like it to be?
I'm pretty sure someone at some point mentioned the oversized stump where you fight Bowyer. He would use his arrows to lock players from using a certain button just as he does during the boss battle. I forget who mentioned that originally, but I really like that idea.

There are so many solid options, though. Vista Hill or Bowser's Castle would be really cool. I've always been a fan of Star Road. I find it visually appealing, and the giant keyhole stars could be an interesting stage hazard.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
That was not my point, Megaman is unique, and Gunner is a general Gun character, Geno literally has like one or two actually unique things for a moveset.
Golly! It's been awhile since you've played SMRPG eh? One or two unique things huh? Maybe we were playing different games or something.

I do truly think that Paper Mario or Fawful would be super fun and unique though.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Geno must be getting revealed soon, can't imagine any other reason why all these trolls are in here right now.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
It's mostly just a hunch, but I don't think Geno would come with a stage. I have a feeling that post-pass fighters won't come with stages, until proven otherwise- and Geno doesn't need one, really. Mario stages would fit him fine imo.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
How about Nimbus Land? i think that would be a good choice for a stage too
I always liked Nimbus Land as well. Dude, maybe we get on the Royal Bus and travel the kingdom. lol That would be great.

Also, on Nimbus Land? Would make a great Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Track.

D

Deleted member

I vote for Bowser’s Keep with Exor in the background firing attacks at the stage
This is ideal. Either with or without Vista Hill. I'd love a part of the stage where it has the throne room chandeliers fight.

D

Deleted member

Geno must be getting revealed soon, can't imagine any other reason why all these trolls are in here right now.
I said this a long time ago: give me one character currently in Smash that people didn't absolutely hate for every second they weren't in Smash. Ridley. K. Rool. Banjo. Even before that, but those are our big names.

Being hated gets you into Smash faster than being loved.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm thinking post-pass characters won't come with a stage. Any music that comes with Geno (prolly Beware the Forest Mushrooms and Fight Against An Armed Boss) could play on any of the pre-existing Mario stages. Though I would LOVE a Mario RPG stage. The Bowser's Keep with Exor would be really great because it would also double as a Bowser stage too.

But... Skyrim-man, huh? I'm definitely a Doomguy guy, but my brother and sister are Skyrimmers so... that might be fun. Which is weird, like the minute Skyrim came to Switch I was very guilty of the "Oh, it's on Nintendo, that means it's eligible for Smash" thing and... if that actually turns out to be true, I may have a happy brother and sister.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I always liked Nimbus Land as well. Dude, maybe we get on the Royal Bus and travel the kingdom. lol That would be great.

Also, on Nimbus Land? Would make a great Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Track.
A Nimbus Land stage with the Royal Bus travelling around the kingdom sounds great, and then a Mario Kart track based of that? it would be a dream come true

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I said this a long time ago: give me one character currently in Smash that people didn't absolutely hate for every second they weren't in Smash. Ridley. K. Rool. Banjo. Even before that, but those are our big names.

Being hated gets you into Smash faster than being loved.
I still love the absolute turnaround k rool had. People swore that k rool would never get into smash and that people should deal with it. Then he got in and faster than you can snap your fingers, people changed tracts to "he's the iconic main villain of dk, of course he's in"

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It would be way too much work to do, but I always wanted a traveling stage for Geno, with each section representing the respective Seven Stars.

-Mushroom Kingdom
-Forest Maze
-Moleville
-Star Hill
-Sunken Ship
-Barrel Volcano (or Nimbus Land)
-Smithy's Factory

Not so much emphasis on the hazards as much as a shift the in shapes and size of the platforms.

D

Deleted member

A Nimbus Land stage with the Royal Bus travelling around the kingdom sounds great, and then a Mario Kart track based of that? it would be a dream come true
I'm still 100% on a stage that goes all over the world of Mario RPG riding on the cloud bus.

Thread theme/VGA Theme

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm thinking post-pass characters won't come with a stage. Any music that comes with Geno (prolly Beware the Forest Mushrooms and Fight Against An Armed Boss) could play on any of the pre-existing Mario stages. Though I would LOVE a Mario RPG stage. The Bowser's Keep with Exor would be really great because it would also double as a Bowser stage too.

But... Skyrim-man, huh? I'm definitely a Doomguy guy, but my brother and sister are Skyrimmers so... that might be fun. Which is weird, like the minute Skyrim came to Switch I was very guilty of the "Oh, it's on Nintendo, that means it's eligible for Smash" thing and... if that actually turns out to be true, I may have a happy brother and sister.
Doom Slayer and the Dragonborn, in my opinion, are both worthy of spots in Smash. Definitely iconic to past and present gamers. I'm more of a "Please let MCC on Switch so Chief can get in" guy, but I would gladly take either one of those as well. Played a little Doom and a ton of Skyrim.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
It's mostly just a hunch, but I don't think Geno would come with a stage. I have a feeling that post-pass fighters won't come with stages, until proven otherwise- and Geno doesn't need one, really. Mario stages would fit him fine imo.
That’s something I fear, but I think that’ll only happen if we ditch the pass structure

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Here is my problem with that logic.

They have set the standard that 5.99 gets you a character, a STAGE, as many music tracks as they can get, a classic run customized to the character, and a Spirit Board. Why would you stop this method?

Also, there is NO WAY that you can sell Terry by himself for 5.99 with ALL THE MUSIC and then charge 5.99 for Geno with NO STAGE and TWO TRACKS! That would be LESS CONTENT THAN CLOUD!

I would rage, frankly.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
It would be way too much work to do, but I always wanted a traveling stage for Geno, with each section representing the respective Seven Stars.

-Mushroom Kingdom
-Forest Maze
-Moleville
-Star Hill
-Sunken Ship
-Barrel Volcano (or Nimbus Land)
-Smithy's Factory

Not so much emphasis on the hazards as much as a shift the in shapes and size of the platforms.
Oh, dude, Smithy's Factory. Have amiibos of the characters being made in the background. Would be pretty cool/funny as well.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm happy for you Genobros if the /v/ leak is true, But man I would be really really sad if the fighter is Dovahkin and not Doomslayer (my most wanted by far)
Right there with you, dude. I personally feel that Dovahkin is pretty bland beside Doomslayer.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
We moved it to PMs. Beyond that, I can talk on Discord too. Seems like we've reached a resolution a lot faster this time...
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice : I just love Geno, had some inside info but not really, and am wholesome dude who loves this thread but also dabbled in just a smidge of drama that was centered around me.

Burb Burb : I'm gonna end this man and this thread's whole career!

Geno Thread: I think you need a vibe check, my dude.

D

Deleted member

They have set the standard that 5.99 gets you a character, a STAGE, as many music tracks as they can get, a classic run customized to the character, and a Spirit Board. Why would you stop this method?

Also, there is NO WAY that you can sell Terry by himself for 5.99 with ALL THE MUSIC and then charge 5.99 for Geno with NO STAGE and TWO TRACKS! That would be LESS CONTENT THAN CLOUD!

I would rage, frankly.
I agree with this. Every new character in Smash 4 came with a stage and some music except Corrin who was such an obvious lazy shill that they didn't even have time to develop a new Fire Emblem stage for her. DLC Characters come with stages and that's just the way the world works.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

I would rage, frankly.
There's nothing saying they have to keep the price at 5.99.

Also, what if they included echo fighters instead of stages? That'd be even better in my eyes.

Firox

Smash Master
If Dovahkin is #5, I really hope the Skyrim stage showcases some of the game's classic bugs.
Reminds me of when I first played it on XBOX 360.

"Don't leave the shop unless you mean it! It'll take another 2 minutes of loading to get back in!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom