• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Also, on an unrelated note, GUYS MY LETTER GOT INTO NINTENDO FORCE! I don’t know if anyone here reads it, but I got into the letter page of the Luigi’s Mansion 3 issue! (My issue ironically was super late) So if anyone here reads it, I wrote the second letter!
Where? What page? I literally have the issue right next to me.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Don’t put that idea in my head, once I start hoping for something that’ll never happen I won’t be able to stop, just like that Platinum Games Captain Falcon action game I keep dreaming of.
I keep saying Platinum could do some good for F-Zero! Make it along the lines of No More Heroes with racing BOOM...Gold.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So who would like the idea or conspect of Nintendo turning Star Fox into like Star Wars? I know I would. I would enjoy the series more if you could go on missions on foot without being in a Arwing, tank, or any machine for that matter. I want another Star Fox game like Adventures really bad.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
While we wait for the VGA, what is your favorite Pokemon game? mine is Withe 2, i love both the designs and the music is just fantastic and don't get me started on the region itself!

D

Deleted member

I saw “Last Christmas” starring Emilia Clarke today.

The movie was alright: the first half was too melodramatic for my taste, but I quite enjoyed the second half way more since I found it more natural besides the huge twist of the movie. I related with the main male character and Emilia Clarke’s character (Kate) during the second half quite a lot since both are invested on helping make the lives of other people better.

Nevertheless, I had a really fun time watching it and would probably see it again next year.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I really don't know why Fortnite guy keeps being thrown around as DLC when that troll post was debunked, but screw it, we need something new to talk about

He runs into the same problem Steve would: Building is a core part of their characters, and it severely disrupts the flow of combat in Smash. If they WERE in, their building mechanics are likely to get them banned.

For instance:
Build a walk off, bait your opponent to come near you, backthrow, profit
Build a cave of life
Build a wall to gimp recovery

You could compromise by making the structures super fragile or only last a few seconds, the former would work for wooden Fortnite builds, but the fact that they wouldn't last kind of defeats the purpose. Steve does have enough in his toolkit to make a moveset without building, but Fortnite guy's whole thing IS building, and again, if you remove building all together you remove the core identity of those two characters

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Every night when I close my eyes

Sure! Uh, how do I post a picture without a url? Right now I’m on mobile, it looks like the only way to post images is with a link
I just attach it from the gallery. should be a button on the bottom left of the text box.

D

Deleted member

While we wait for the VGA, what is your favorite Pokemon game? mine is Withe 2, i love both the designs and the music is just fantastic and don't get me started on the region itself!

Good lord, this game is my childhood.

I loved the mere idea of going around a whole Pokémon region helping make the lives of everyone else better and helping make the region a better place while meeting many kinds of Pokémon that helped me through tough parts of the game and also facing up legendary Pokémon who really brought up really tense battles.

I really want a new Ranger game on Switch, it would make the child inside me cry of joy.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
20191201_194641.jpg

Our boy Spatulo Spatulo is on here! What an absolute legend.

(Sorry, idk why it is flipped like that. I took the picture normally.)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really don't know why Fortnite guy keeps being thrown around as DLC when that troll post was debunked, but screw it, we need something new to talk about

He runs into the same problem Steve would: Building is a core part of their characters, and it severely disrupts the flow of combat in Smash. If they WERE in, their building mechanics are likely to get them banned.

For instance:
Build a walk off, bait your opponent to come near you, backthrow, profit
Build a cave of life
Build a wall to gimp recovery

You could compromise by making the structures super fragile or only last a few seconds, the former would work for wooden Fortnite builds, but the fact that they wouldn't last kind of defeats the purpose. Steve does have enough in his toolkit to make a moveset without building, but Fortnite guy's whole thing IS building, and again, if you remove building all together you remove the core identity of those two characters
I think this is how it could be done with Steve:

-Blocks can be damaged/destroyed (how much damage is needed depends on the block type); can be damaged by attacks or an opponent getting slammed against them
-There's a limit of how many can be onstage (maybe 4 or 5 at most, or however many would stop Steve from creating a cave of life or a walk-off for an easy/very early back throw kill)
-Must connect to the stage and each other, can't float (save for destroying blocks between another and the stage, so they can float that way I guess)
-There's a time limit before they disappear (decently long); will disappear if Steve gets KO'd.

idk how it would be done with Jonesy, though, I guess just similar stuff. It would still be useful for temporary walls and small platforms. Even without building, Steve can have crafting and use some blocks like TNT, pistons, anvils, etc.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I keep saying Platinum could do some good for F-Zero! Make it along the lines of No More Heroes with racing BOOM...Gold.
Every night when I close my eyes
Seriously, an F-Zero game that's equal parts racing game and equal parts action game where you go on Bounty hunting missions as Captain Falcon sounds like a pipe dream to me. If that's the idea Miyamoto needs to revive F-Zero, DO IT!

It's like how I sort of want other Nintendo franchises to embrace other genres. Specifically how I think Metroid should embrace more horror aspects within its gameplay (it was based on Aliens). Like how Metroid Fusion handled the idea of fear, by making Samus powerless against a specific enemy. Basically make it REmake2 where Samus is more powerful than all the regular enemies and normal bosses as she familiarizes herself with a set space to navigate through, but have this one... thing just hunt her down the whole game, and be basically resistant to anything she does until the end of the game where it becomes the final boss.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think this is how it could be done with Steve:

-Blocks can be damaged/destroyed (how much damage is needed depends on the block type)
-There's a limit of how many can be onstage (maybe 5 at most, or however many would stop Steve from creating a cave of life or a walk-off for an easy/very early back throw kill)
-Must connect to the stage and each other, can't float (save for destroying blocks between another and the stage)
-There's a time limit before they disappear (decently long)

idk how it would be done with Jonesy, though, I guess just similar stuff.
I can imagine the block limit being similar to B&K's Wonderwing limit. It would probably be a useful tool for edge guarding I bet.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
View attachment 249333
Our boy Spatulo Spatulo is on here! What an absolute legend.

(Sorry, idk why it is flipped like that. I took the picture normally.)
I feel a bit like Spongebob pointing himself out in the commercial but yep, there I am!

(also my early 2000’s internet browsing conditioning initially made me unsure about showing my real name on here but I’m pretty sure I can trust you guys)

D

Deleted member

At least Sora still has a chance that's great news and I'm happy is the case. Not for character #5 but beyond that is hopefully when we'll get Keyblade boy.

Anyway Lloyd and Geno hopefully to kick off post fighter's pass sounds great!

I just hope Geno is one of the first characters we get which hopefully he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing with my life and also question why do I make this garbage with my phone
Polish_20191201_195500507.jpg

Polish_20191201_195435206.jpg

Polish_20191201_195244927.jpg

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I feel a bit like Spongebob pointing himself out in the commercial but yep, there I am!

(also my early 2000’s internet browsing conditioning initially made me unsure about showing my real name on here but I’m pretty sure I can trust you guys)
super metroid huh? wow really takes me back I had the same problem with video game bosses. Crazy to think how far we've come.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well...hmmm. Honestly, it is tough to say, because I really enjoyed every one of the games. It is a toss up between Platinum and Moon.

Platinum because Cyrus was such an interesting villain to me. "I want my own world and I am willing to tear time and space apart to achieve it." Holy ****!

Moon because they actually changed it up a bit. Team Skull was not the main bad, but being used by the actual bad. Also, there is no Pokemon League in Alola, so lets make one!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
At least Sora still has a chance that's great news and I'm happy is the case. Not for character #5 but beyond that is hopefully when we'll get Keyblade boy.

Anyway Lloyd and Geno hopefully to kick off post Foghter's pass sounds great!

I just hope Geno is one of the first characters we get which hopefully he is.
Yup

1575252155106.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Favourite Pokemon game?

Pokemon Sun and Moon easily

I like the new Pokemon, the Island trial challenge was a fun addition and Z-Moves were fun and great to use. The Regional variants got introduced here which is great and thankfully it looks like they'll get more of that in upcoming games. New forms for Arcanine, Dragonite, Shuckle and Dunsparce Please Game Freak?

Also every character felt like they had a story and it was the most story we've gotten in a while. All those aspects plus the spiritual relaxed feel of the Hawaiian based Alola made them my favourites.

Last edited by a moderator:

TBone06

Smash Ace
So who would like the idea or conspect of Nintendo turning Star Fox into like Star Wars? I know I would. I would enjoy the series more if you could go on missions on foot without being in a Arwing, tank, or any machine for that matter. I want another Star Fox game like Adventures really bad.
I'm with ya on another Star Fox Adventures. I know it didn't really get great reviews, but I actually really enjoyed playing it. I was able to enjoy it on multiple playthroughs. I thought it was clever for the time, and it was really cool to see Fox out of the Arwing. It also brought us Krystal, who I hope makes a comeback of some sort. I still hope she breaks free from being an AT. I would love to have another one, but feature more from his allies and maybe even Wolf's team.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
super metroid huh? wow really takes me back I had the same problem with video game bosses. Crazy to think how far we've come.
Yeah it’s crazy how much games have evolved since then. Now I see stuff like this and only slightly panic!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

"There I am Gary! There I am!"
IMG_20190925_000924.png

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Very accurate with how tgings have turned out. Honestly he might be the next to receive disconfirmation.

But thankfully seems like his chances are still good for the future hoping for the best.
Honestly I just want Sora just so there could be a chance to get Club Penguin mii costumes or something since its disney and stuff

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
My favorite main series game is Moon. It introduced me to my favorite Pokemon which you can see in my profile pic, and I thought how they handled the Aether Foundation was really nice. I thought Ultra Beasts were cool and it also gave us the best Pokemon song in Gladion's Theme. An extra bonus for me was that part of my family is from Hawaii, so that was cool to see in Pokemon form.

For favorite side game, it would have to be Pokemon Puzzle League for N64 with Hey You Pikachu! as a close 2nd.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Mine is Black 2 due to the story, the region, and the Pokémon distribution. Gen 5 in general had the best storytelling in Pokémon in my opinion and they give me a game where I can get a Riolu and a Magnemite before the second gym? Perfection. Also I really liked the movie studio, I thought that was a really cool unique mode and I liked thinking through the different challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom