• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
ForsakenM ForsakenM I love your post.

One thing I do want to mention though, as far as I understood it when we got Banjo’s breakdown video, Sakurai wasn’t saying that the Banjo video was recorded a week after they recorded the Hero video, but instead that the Banjo video was recorded a week after they showed us the Hero breakdown.

I could be entirely wrong, and that’s fine, but that’s how I interpreted it. It doesn’t affect your theory much, except pushing the Terry teaser and DLC confirming back to E3, which is what we’ve been hearing from others anyway. But that’s just official confirmation, the negotiations could have been taking place for any amount of time before that.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
ForsakenM ForsakenM I love your post.

One thing I do want to mention though, as far as I understood it when we got Banjo’s breakdown video, Sakurai wasn’t saying that the Banjo video was recorded a week after they recorded the Hero video, but instead that the Banjo video was recorded a week after they showed us the Hero breakdown.
I just watched it back, and he says that they recorded the Banjo presentation only 2 days after the Hero presentation. As for when the Hero presentation was recorded, I think Occam's Razor helps to narrow down when it was recorded; it was a few days or so before Hero dropped.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'm debating whether or not I want to leave the thread until the VGA.

It has absolutely 0 to do with anyone here (I can handle the bad apples). I guess I maybe am considering putting myself in a cryogenic chamber until the VGA because speculation has been all over the place it seems. Me leaving for a few has nothing to do with me being upset or anything, as there are some banger people in this thread. The recent memes have definitely made me want to stay in here until the VGA.

(I don't know, we'll see. I know the people who don't like me due to my more outspoken nature would be pleased though.)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

It has absolutely 0 to do with anyone here (I can handle the bad apples). I guess I maybe am considering putting myself in a cryogenic chamber until the VGA because speculation has been all over the place it seems. Me leaving for a few has nothing to do with me being upset or anything, as there are some banger people in this thread. The recent memes have definitely made me want to stay in here until the VGA.

(I don't know, we'll see. I know the people who don't like me due to my more outspoken nature would be pleased though.)
I get it, I'm sticking it out though

I feel like we're a matter of days before someone like Shinobi drops a bombshell

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

That's fair enough. We're still in the dark about what awaits us at the VGAs, but for how long? Anything could happen in the next 10 days, and for someone who doesn't wanna get spoiled like you and me it might feel like walking on a minefield to stay here during that time. I'd still tell you to stay, but do what you think is best.

Myself, I'm thinking about taking a break for a couple days before it in case there's another Terry-like slip up, but my meme crusade speaks louder. :ultpacman:

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

I don't think there's any real reason to not check in every day or so, given that this is an online vidya forum that can be easily caught up with in the span of a few minutes. I mean it's fine if you want to, it just seems a little odd to me.
Finally, other people are starting to make memes. That means I can take a vacation.

View attachment 249396
I've been making memes for a while now, you could've vacationed at any time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I say enjoy the time away. We'd miss you believe me. But taking a chance to decompress away from the boards is a good idea. Too still a couple of days away those game awards so why not wait till then? But you do what you feel is best.

Anyway I think we get Lloyd and Geno as post fighters for post fighter #5 at this point I could be wrong. But that's what I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I suppose if I do anything, it'll probably be checking in during the evenings. If there are a bunch of pages that I haven't read (knowing how this thread goes), I may ask what I missed. Sorry if that irritates anyone! We shall see. Don't worry, you won't be without my presence for long. Once Fighter #5 is announced, I'll be in here definitely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I suppose if I do anything, it'll probably be checking in during the evenings. If there are a bunch of pages that I haven't read (knowing how this thread goes), I may ask what I missed. Sorry if that irritates anyone! We shall see. Don't worry, you won't be without my presence for long. Once Fighter #5 is announced, I'll be in here definitely.
Don't worry that's fine and we'll keep you posted. Insider information could drop out of nowhere for fighter #5 this week for all we know. So good to be prepared. But we'll let you know what's up. All the best bud see you again soon.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Alright lads, I got an arts and crafts project for you. Let's see who you would like to get the 'Mii Fighter Deluxe' treatment like Sans did: A detailed costume and music track. Go nuts with my template

1575269335835.png

And here's my picks:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Freddy should have Don't Go from 3 as his track, IMO. Fits the series far better.
(Also it's my favorite track but still, it fits as a piece from a somber horror series that is very melancholy a lot better)

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Freddy should have Don't Go from 3 as his track, IMO. Fits the series far better.
(Also it's my favorite track but still, it fits as a piece from a somber horror series that is very melancholy a lot better)
It's hard to nail down music for FNAF, but that's a good choice.

Honestly, I'm fully prepared for a FNAF Mii Costume. Sans officially broke the barrier wide open over what can be represented in Smash. Both games took the world by storm and both changed the landscape of their genres, so why not?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Thanks. I think FNAF might get a character... Which is why I choose Puppet for the costume
My choices:
The Puppet (FNAF) (Don't Go)
The Snatcher (A Hat In Time) (Your Contract Has Expired)
Undyne (Undertale) (Battle Against A True Hero)
Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank) (Metropolis)
Shovel Knight (Strike The Earth!)
Omega (Mega Man Zero) (Cannonball)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Nintendo was taken aback with how disappointed people were with Isaac being an AT again. Hopefully Nintendo then felt to remedy that.

With a DLC addition.
Well... I will say/share something. The trademark we saw back just before Smash Ultimate came out? Had NOTHING to do with the AT and Mii. There was no need for a new trademark for GS back in Brawl. Last time it happened it was when GS DD came out. Plus the descriptions and categories that were added in the new trademark are just too much. There was absolutely no need for even a renewal of trademark for the AT and Mii we just got. A lot of fans decided to ignore this as soon as he get "deconfirmed" in base roster. This mid year the trademark went into "awaiting for approval" and it just got approved this November... there's a chance that something for GS, whatever it is (new game, remake, remaster, port, whatever), should be announced at some point in the near future (not sure how near, i'm not sure how much time pases from when a trademark like this gets approved till whatever it was registered for finally comes to light). Sadly I learned the trademarks can last a lot of years so who knows when they will show whatever it is for, but one thing is for sure, it's logical to not waste life time of a trademark you just registered, you would rather do it as close as possible to getting out your product, so that your money is not wasted for a shorter amount of trademark life time.

TL;DR: There was absolutely no need for a trademark like this for what we got of Isaac in Smash, it didn't happen back in Brawl, and the amount of stuff this new trademark got is immense, and such trademark just finally got approved. Does this mean smash? Nope, but here is the thing… they could be upgrading Isaac to playable due to the backlash and the continues high demand + it would help shill whatever is coming. Here's hoping anyway, I was super bummed not getting him after how much they teased us back then, lol.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Well... I will say/share something. The trademark we saw back just before Smash Ultimate came out? Had NOTHING to do with the AT and Mii. There was no need for a new trademark for GS back in Brawl. Last time it happened it was when GS DD came out. Plus the descriptions and categories that were added in the new trademark are just too much. There was absolutely no need for even a renewal of trademark for the AT and Mii we just got. A lot of fans decided to ignore this as soon as he get "deconfirmed" in base roster. This mid year the trademark went into "awaiting for approval" and it just got approved this November... there's a chance that something for GS, whatever it is (new game, remake, remaster, port, whatever), should be announced at some point in the near future (not sure how near, i'm not sure how much time pases from when a trademark like this gets approved till whatever it was registered for finally comes to light). Sadly I learned the trademarks can last a lot of years so who knows when they will show whatever it is for, but one thing is for sure, it's logical to not waste life time of a trademark you just trademarked, you would rather do it as close as possible to getting out your product, so that your money is not wasted for a shorter amount of trademark life time.

TL;DR: There was absolutely no need for a trademark like this for what we got of Isaac in Smash, it didn't happen back in Brawl, and the amount of stuff this new trademark got is immense, and such trademark just finally got approved. Does this mean smash? Nope, but here is the thing… they could be upgrading Isaac to playable due to the backlash and the continues high demand + it would help shill whatever is coming. Here's hoping anyway, I was super bummed not getting him after how much they teased us back then, lol.
While I myself am not a fan of Golden Sun, it physically hurt to watch Issac get deconfirmed.

Banjobros were a laughing stock for an entire year, and we ultimately got the last laugh; I hope the same can happen to the Sun Club and Camp Geno too

OffBi

Smash Ace
Nintendo: "Oh yeah, Isaac fans would totally be happy with him being an assist trophy again!"
*They aren't*
Nintendo: *Surprised Pikachu face*
Like what did they expect?

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
People who need to take a step back for their mental heath; do it. This is just a silly video game,not the center of your life. Go read a book,meditate,walk in the park,play with your pets. Make new friends. Time is a fleeting thing. Work on your essays, books or your art!
Before you know it, all the DLC´s are gonna be out. :)

7NATOR

Smash Master
Nintendo: "Oh yeah, Isaac fans would totally be happy with him being an assist trophy again!"
*They aren't*
Nintendo: *Surprised Pikachu face*
Like what did they expect?
That we would be cool with an Upgraded, Cooler Isaac Assist Trophy

I mean he is a Cool Assist Trophy, but People just Prefer him to be playable. Also I think alot of the time the Higher-ups can be blind to some requests, but it's whatever

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
As a huge Isaac fan (he and Geno are tied for my most wanted), the trophy definitely made me sad. Sure, the new animations are neat but...all it did was make him that much closer to playable quality without being playable.

I closed my eyes in sadness when he came on and I missed the next handful of trophies.

...and then they added a Piranha Plant.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Alright lads, I got an arts and crafts project for you. Let's see who you would like to get the 'Mii Fighter Deluxe' treatment like Sans did: A detailed costume and music track. Go nuts with my template

And here's my picks:

Alright, here's mine...

To be honest, a few of these are characters I'd rather see playable, but since their chances are pretty low, I'll settle for a Mii costume that comes with music.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
They say any time someone unironically discusses a FNAF character an angel clips its own wings off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom